Suspect 2v2 Doubles Suspect #3 - Tornadus (Information + Voter Identification Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 2v2 Doubles Council has elected to suspect test Tornadus.

Reasoning:

Ever since the onset of the second DLC’s addition of Pokemon, Tornadus has found itself as an extremely potent threat within the Generation 8 2v2 Doubles metagame. The mechanic shifts in Generation 8 have given it an even more potent Prankster Tailwind than it had the previous generations, making it an even greater facilitator for a speed-oriented offense. Alongside that, Tornadus brings with it great STAB and coverage to boot.

While Tornadus is quite powerful, it does have its downsides. It’s not the bulkiest Pokemon around, leaving it quite vulnerable to Super-effective attacks from the metagame’s various attackers, which, considering it is a pure Flying-type, isn’t that uncommon. Also, Tornadus’s STABs, while potent, do come with problems relating to accuracy.

Information:
  • Reading this is mandatory to participate in the suspect test. The voting requirements are a minimum GXE of 77 with at least 25 games played.
  • You must use a fresh account that begins with the given prefix for this suspect test. That prefix is 2vTS. For example, I could signup and qualify with the name 2vTS Mubs.
  • Tornadus will be allowed on the ladder during the suspect.
  • The suspect test will go for two weeks on Wednesday, December 8, 2021 (11:59 pm ET).
  • Upon meeting requirements to vote, post the proof in this thread. Feel free to also use this thread as a means to discuss whether you believe Tornadus should be banned or not.
  • It is mandatory to provide proof of ownership of the alt account as well. (Post a picture of your reqs with your smogon name featured).
The voting will take place in the Blind Voting Forum and will count for the Tiering Contributor badge as per these standards. If you need any resources such as sample teams, check out the thread. Tagging Kris for notice implementation on the 2v2 ladder.

Have fun laddering!

1638456163923.png

As they always say, 3rd times the charm. Personally I don't mind torn that much, I feel like if it does get banned we will just be seeing more whimsicott, which does have more in terms of support with encore, fake tears, switcheroo, and charm. Really enjoyed using this squad. Easy way to abuse the fact that every mons goal is to be faster. Disable on Dusclops is big, allowing for easy wins against choiced mons, and also freeing up a turn where Glastrier is only getting one KO by not allowing the opponent to attack. Fourth moveslot on Glastrier is really up to choice, I've moved between close combat, heavy slam, and ended with lash out, just depends on personal preference and what is on the ladder while you're playing. Also I think evasion boosting abilities are dumb, mainly due to my two losses to sand veil Garchomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)