Abilities: All
Items: Off
Megas: Off
Z-Moves: Off
Switch: KO
Substitutions: 2
Recoveries: 2
Chills: 5
The player accepting the challenge orders first on Round 1.

montegom
:ss/Sneasel:
Sneasel
Stage: 1*
Types: Dark/Ice

Abilities:
Inner Focus / Keen Eye / Pickpocket [LOCKED]

Nature: None

Stats:
HP: 80
Atk: 7
Def: 4
SpA: 3
SpD: 6
Spe: 115
Size class: 2
Weight class: 3

Attacks:
Agility
Beat Up
Feint Attack
Fury Swipes
Hone Claws
Ice Shard
Icy Wind
Leer
Metal Claw
Punishment
Quick Attack
Scratch
Screech
Slash
Snatch
Taunt
:ss/Snorunt:
Snorunt
Stage: 1*
Types: Ice

Abilities:
Inner Focus / Ice Body / Moody[LOCKED]

Stats:
Atk: 4
SpA: 4
SpD: 4
Spe: 50
Size class: 1
Weight class: 2

Attacks:
Astonish
Bite
Blizzard
Crunch
Double Team
Frost Breath
Hail
Headbutt
Ice Beam
Ice Fang
Ice Shard
Icy Wind
Leer
Powder Snow
Protect
:ss/Gible:
Gible
Stage:1*
Types: Dragon/Ground

Abilities:
Sand Veil / Rough Skin[LOCKED]

Stats:
Atk: 5
SpA: 3
Spe: 42

Attacks:
Bite
Bulldoze
Dig
Dragon Breath
Dragon Claw
Dragon Rage
Dragon Rush
Sand Attack
Sand Tomb
Sandstorm
Slash
Tackle
Take Down

かたわれ時
:Monohm:
Mono [♀] Monohm [Stage: 1]
Type: Electric / Dragon

[Abilities]
Shield Dust
This Pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that reduces the Effect Chance of incoming attacks to 0%. This prevents such things as Burns from Flamethrower from occuring.

Static
This Pokemon's body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this Pokemon.

Overcoat [HA locked]
This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather. The Pokemon is also immune to moves tagged as #Powder. If the Pokemon is already immune to at least one (1) kind of weather, or powder attacks by typing or a different ability, Overcoat reduces the Base Attack Power of all oncoming attacks by one (1).

Mono is normally very quiet, and prefers to keep to herself. Despite this, she has one of the best grasps of strategy in the entire team, but frequently keeps it to herself. Nobody asked for her advice after all!

[Stats and Nature]
Nature: Serious
Atk: 4
Def: 5
SpA: 5
SpD: 3
Speed: 60

[Moves]
Physical:
Tackle
Dragon Tail
Thrash

Special:
Twister
Dragon Rage
Thundershock
Sonic Boom
Discharge
Dragon Pulse
Hurricane
Weather Ball
Zap Cannon

Growl
Charge
Rain Dance
Slack Off
Ion Deluge

Cherub [♀] Cherubi [Stage: 1]
Type: Grass

[Abilities]
Chlorophyll
During bright sunlight, this Pokemon's cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

[Not enough data for a profile]

[Stats and Nature]
Atk: 3
SpA: 5
Speed: 35

Weight class: 1

[Moves]
Physical:
Tackle
Take Down

Special:
Leafage
Magical Leaf
Petal Blizzard
Solar Beam

Growth
Helping Hand
Leech Seed
Lucky Chant
Morning Sun
Sunny Day
Worry Seed
Blizzard
Ember
Fire Blast
Hail
Headbutt
Hurricane
Hydro Pump
Powder Snow
Rain Dance
Sunny Day
Tackle
Water Gun
Weather Ball

Azu [♀] Azurill [Stage: 1]
Type: Normal / Fairy

[Abilities]
Thick Fat
This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire- and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)

Huge Power
This Pokemon's Attack Rank (e.g. before nature) is doubled. If this Pokemon does not naturally have this ability, its Attack Rank is instead increased by one (1).

Sap Sipper [HA locked]
This Pokemon lives on a steady diet of plants and has developed defenses to every Grass-type attack. When attacked with a Grass-type move, damage and effects are negated and the Pokemon gains a one (1) stage boost to its Attack stage (adjusting the natural stage).

Easily excitable and exceedingly garrulous, Azu has been remarked to be capable of talking the hind legs off a Mudbray. This chatter often irritates other temperamental members of the party, and she is frequently thrown away. Due to her small size, bouncability and excellent landing control however, she is never hurt by this and often comes back talking as furiously as ever. She loves coffee but never gets more than a cup, much to her disappointment.

[Stats and Nature]
Atk: 2
Def: 3
SpA: 2
SpD: 3
Speed: 20

Weight class: 1

[Moves]
Physical:
Bounce
Slam

Special:
Bubble
Bubblebeam
Water Gun

Charm
Helping Hand
Splash
Tail Whip
Water Sport
Bounce
Bubble
Bubble Beam
Charm
Helping Hand
Slam
Splash
Tail Whip
Water Gun
Water Sport

montegom sends out,
かたわれ時 sends out and orders first,
montegom orders second.

Spr_HGSS_Ace_Trainer_M.png

But in order to change the world, you first need to know how it works! In this case, battle!
I'm sure you know that battling in BBP is very different from the main series games!

:cherubi: Ooh! Let me let me!

I say if I lose this battle I blame it on the type matchups

:ss/cherubi:
Hellllloooooo!
Sunny Day ~ Solar Beam ~ Solar Beam
IF
the weather is Hail when you are to act, THEN Sunny Day.

Ok, text wall incoming
What am I doing here? In BBP each round consists of 3 actions, where you can use any move in your movepool.
Each move has its own Base Attack Power, BAP. Solar Beam, for example, has a BAP of 12. These stronger moves however also costs Energy, EN, that can cause you to faint if you're not paying enough attention. We'll get into that a bit later, but in the beginning of the battle EN is not something to worry about. The BAP of moves is usually low enough that you can never Knock Out a Pokemon in a single action or even round, so you'll need to plan ahead into the future. You'll usually want to focus on attacking, but like in the main series games setup can prove important.
What's the line beneath my orders? That is a Substitution, or Sub, that is designed to make first orders less difficult for the player. Subs allow the player to change their orderset based on what the opponent orders. You usually have 3 substitutions, but in Beginner battles you'll likely never use them all.

These are the basics. There are lots of asterisks and conditions. We'll get into some of them later in the battle, while others will be learned from fighting other players.

Alright, enough talk. Let's see you give it a go!

1636193098339.png

Maybe... maybe u are right. I will have to learn how this world works but I'm here to test myself.

:snorunt: I'm gonna freeze those cherries

1636193098339.png

Calm down Snorunt! That Cherubi has been in more battles than us, this is not going to be as easy as pretended.

Frost Breath ~ Hail ~ Blizzard

TheEver

It's beauty and rage!
is a Pre-Contributor
Round One

montegom
:sneasel: HP: 80/80 | EN: 100% | 7/4/3/6/115 | Dark/Ice | Inner Focus/Keen Eye | ~
:gible: HP: 80/80 | EN: 100% | 5/4/3/4/42 | Dragon/Ground | Sand Veil | ~

Snorunt Frost Breath > Hail > Blizzard
HP: 80/80 | EN: 100%
4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 50
Ice
Inner Focus | Ice Body

かたわれ時
:monohm: HP: 80/80 | EN: 100% | 4/5/5/3/60 | Electric/Dragon | Shield Dust/Static | ~
:azurill: HP: 80/80 | EN: 100% | 2/3/2/3/20 | Normal/Fairy | Thick Fat/Huge Power | ~

Cherubi Sunny Day > Solar Beam > Sunny Day
3 | 4 | 5 | 4 | 35
Grass
Chlorophyll

Welcome to another BBP battle and another debut of a new trainer. Montegom enters the scene sporting two Ice-types, which may cause some problems for the Grass and Dragon-types on かたわれ時's team. This round featured as many weather changes as April in Ontario, which caused the speed advantage to change hands on every action. Snorunt ends up better off for it, getting a round of chip damage and Ice Body healing in while Cherubi uses Sunny Day twice, causing it to fall behind in the damage race. Now it's montegom's turn to order first; can he capitalize off of the early advantage?
Action One
Snorunt used Frost Breath!
Accuracy [1-9/10]: 4 (Hit)
Crit: Guaranteed
Damage: (6+3+3)*1.5 = 18
5 EN

Cherubi used Sunny Day!
Field: Sun (4r)
10 EN

Action Two
Cherubi used Solar Beam!
Crit [1/24]: 13 (No)
Damage: (12+3+1) = 16
7 EN

Snorunt used Hail!
Field: Hail (4r)
9 EN

Snorunt: +2 HP (Ice Body)
Cherubi: -2 HP (Hail)

Action Three
Snorunt used Blizzard!
Crit [1/24]: 6 (No)
Freeze [1/10]: 10 (No)
Damage: (11+3)*1.5 = 21
7 EN

Cherubi used Sunny Day!
Field: Sun (4r)
10 EN

montegom
:sneasel: HP: 80/80 | EN: 100% | 7/4/3/6/115 | Dark/Ice | Inner Focus/Keen Eye | ~

Snorunt
HP: 66/80 | EN: 79%
4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 50
Ice
Inner Focus | Ice Body

Field: Sun (3r)

かたわれ時
:monohm: HP: 80/80 | EN: 100% | 4/5/5/3/60 | Electric/Dragon | Shield Dust/Static | ~
:azurill: HP: 80/80 | EN: 100% | 2/3/2/3/20 | Normal/Fairy | Thick Fat/Huge Power | ~

Cherubi
HP: 39/80 | EN: 73%
3 | 4 | 5 | 4 | 35
Grass
Chlorophyll

montegom orders first,
かたわれ時 orders second.

1636279208692.png

"I think it's our turn again... What do you think Snorunt?"

:snorunt: "I dont like this sun... It's melting my body."

1636279251468.png

"Well we have to change that as soon as possible, or those cherries are gonna beam us."

Hail ~ Blizzard ~Blizzard
IF
the weather is Sunny Day when you are going to act then use Hail

<an invisible Monohm>: I don't see a way to win this one.
We're definitely losing this one. Let's focus on teaching him.

Even if we're losing, I'm not going down without a fight!

Solar Beam ~ Petal Blizzard + Petal Blizzard ~ Cooldown (Solar Beam)

What am I doing A2? Seen above is a Combination, or Combo, and they are high-risk high-reward. Combos require a few things to work:
Firstly, the selected moves must be able to be used in a Combo. The above is a Same Move Combo, so there is no risk of the combo being illegal. We'll see if Different Move combos will be covered in this battle. An illegal combo would result in you Struggling, which is definitely suboptimal.
Secondly, you must have enough EN to use the combo, otherwise it will fail and you will faint. Same Move Combos take the Base EN Cost of a move and multiply it by 3.5. With Solar Beam using 7EN, a Petal Blizzard combo would use 24EN (accounting for same-type EN cost reduction) and hence I would be left with 42EN and survive.
Combos also have a Cooldown of 1 action where you are unable to do anything. Why did I put Solar Beam in brackets then? If, for some reason, the combo fails, that order there would tell Cherubi to use Solar Beam, so that I don't waste an action having done nothing. This only applies for combos, and you can't use it anywhere else.

High reward: they deal a lot of damage. Why do I say it's high risk then? Besides the high EN cost and the cooldown, combos frequently don't deal as much damage over the same time period. My Petal Blizzard combo deals 24 damage, whereas if I ordered Petal Blizzard for 2 actions, that would have dealt 26 damage. In addition, combos have their priority lowered. My Petal Blizzard combo is at priority -2 for example. This means that you could be KOed by the opponent before using it, wasting an opportunity for damage.

So when do you use a combination? Many, many niche circumstances that you will encounter further down the line, but especially for one last burst of damage before you or your opponent dies. The main advantage of combinations is allowing you to compress the damage of 2 actions into 1. So, like in this instance, the opponent would outspeed you and KO you before you can get any damage in, you would want to use a combo to get the maximum amount of damage in. Like in this case, Snorunt would KO me before I could act A3, so using a combo A2 would allow me to maximise my damage output.

Whew! That was a lot of talking. If you feel confused, do ask me to explain further! And if you would want more advice, BBP has a very splendid community that you can drop a message to (on their walls, or through mail) if you need any help! I highly recommend the
BBP Discord however, you'll get answers far more quickly that way! (Provided you have a Discord account of course!)

TheEver

It's beauty and rage!
is a Pre-Contributor
Round Two

montegom
:ss/snorunt:
Snorunt
HP: 66/80 | EN: 79%
4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 50
Ice
Inner Focus | Ice Body

Field: Sun (3r)

かたわれ時
Cherubi
HP: 39/80 | EN: 73%
3 | 4 | 5 | 4 | 35
Grass
Chlorophyll

The two battlers continue to fight over which kind of weather is better. Snorunt returns Hail, which is ultimately decided on as the weather of choice going forward. Using the snowy conditions, Snorunt fires off multiple perfect accuracy Blizzards to put an end to Cherubi's fight, but not before Cherubi fires back with a blizzard of its own, although this one involves petals and not ice. Who will be Snorunt's next opponent?
Action One
Cherubi used Solar Beam!
Crit [1/24]: 17 (No)
Damage: (12+3+1) = 16
7 EN

Snorunt used Hail!
Field: Hail (4r)
9 EN

Action Two
Snorunt used Blizzard!
Crit [1/24]: 4 (No)
Freeze [1/10]: 5 (No)
7 EN

Cherubi used Petal Blizzard + Petal Blizzard!
Crit [1/24]: 8 (No)
Damage: (9*2.25+3+1) = 24.25 -> 24
31 EN

Action Three
Snorunt used Blizzard!
Crit [1/24]: 15 (No)
Freeze [1/10]: 7 (No)
Cherubi is knocked out!
11 EN

montegom
Snorunt
HP: 32/80 | EN: 52%
4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 50
Ice
Inner Focus | Ice Body

Field: Hail (3r)

かたわれ時
Cherubi
HP: 0/80 | EN: 35%
3 | 4 | 5 | 4 | 35
Grass
Chlorophyll

かたわれ時 replaces Cherubi and orders first,
montegom orders second.

:ss/azurill:
Me! I wanna play in the snow too!
Slam ~ Bounce ~ Slam

Now should be a good time to introduce Damaging Evasive, D/E moves to you.
As you saw earlier, moves with charge phases, like Solar Beam and Sky Attack, have been improved in BBP, as they attack in the same action, greatly increasing their damage output. However, the greatest improvement goes to moves with Evasive phases, like Dive, Fly and Bounce. These Damaging Evasive moves go into their evasive stage at 0 priority and attack at -1 priority. If your Pokemon outspeeds the opponent, you can effectively avoid their attack using D/E moves, making them incredibly potent.
Despite their potential, there are numerous ways to counteract their use. Attacking at +1 or -1 priority with moves like Ice Shard or Counter circumvents the evasive stage that makes D/E moves as potent as they are, while decreasing the opponent's speed with moves like Icy Wind makes you attack first.

Why am I telling you all this? Well, Azurill is way too slow to take advantage of D/E moves...

:azurill: Have you seen my legs? They're teeny!

1636891171882.png

"D/E moves... I see some other people use them on their battles, but 20 Speed Azuril... haha."

:snorunt: "What a cutie, it can't even throw some snowballs under this hail. Let's have some fun."

Blizzard ~Blizzard ~Blizzard

1636891328135.png

"Lets spams some high damaging moves."

TheEver

It's beauty and rage!
is a Pre-Contributor
Round Three

montegom
Snorunt Blizzard > Blizzard > Blizzard
HP: 32/80 | EN: 52%
4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 50
Ice
Inner Focus | Ice Body

Field: Hail (3r)

かたわれ時
:cherubi: Knocked Out
Azurill Slam > Bounce > Slam
(4) | 3 | 2 | 3 | 20
Normal | Fairy
Thick Fat | Huge Power

It's important to note that the increased energy cost for using the same move multiple times in a row carries over between rounds. This caused Snorunt to knock itself out by spamming Blizzard, which it had also used on actions two and three of round two. Thick Fat also helped Azurill take reduced damage from Blizzard. Despite all of that, the triple Blizzard, in combination with Hail's chip damage, put a notable dent into Azurill.
Action One
Snorunt used Blizzard!
Crit [1/24]: 11 (No)
Damage: (11+3+1)*0.75 = 11.25 -> 11
15 EN

Azurill used Slam!
Accuracy [1-3/4]: 4 (Miss)
But it missed!
4 EN

Azurill: -2 HP (Hail)

Action Two
Snorunt used Blizzard!
Crit [1/24]: 4 (No)
Freeze [1/10]: 8 (No)
19 EN

Azurill sprang up!
6 EN

Azurill used Bounce!
Accuracy [1-17/20]: 3 (Hit)
Crit [1/24]: 12 (No)
Paralysis [1-3/10]: 7 (No)
Damage: (9) = 9
5 EN

Action Three
Snorunt used Blizzard!
Crit [1/24]: 15 (No)
23 EN
Snorunt fainted from exhaustion!

Azurill used Slam!
But there was no target!
4 EN

montegom
Snorunt
HP: 27/80 | EN: 0%
4 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 50
Ice
Inner Focus | Ice Body

Field: Hail (2r)

かたわれ時
Azurill
HP: 41/80 | EN: 81%
(4) | 3 | 2 | 3 | 20
Normal | Fairy
Thick Fat | Huge Power

montegom replaces Snorunt and orders first,
かたわれ時 orders second.

1637154282464.png

"Oh no, I didn't realize that. This is really bad... now my two Pokémon are weak to Fairy, what should I do?

:sneasel: "Azurill has no Fairy-type attacks move."

1637154372262.png

"Oh thanks for the advise Sneasel, I will send you out due to your concentration in the battle. I send Sneasel out."

:ss/Sneasel:
Taunt ~ Hone Claws ~ Metal Claw

And sometimes, attacking yields better results than setting up. Azurill has next to no setup moves she can use in this situation, so why the Taunt when you can get more damage in?

Bouncing, bouncing on cloooouuuuudddssssss
Bounce ~ Slam ~ Bounce

TheEver

It's beauty and rage!
is a Pre-Contributor
Round Four

montegom
:snorunt: Knocked Out
:ss/sneasel:
Sneasel Taunt > Hone Claws > Metal Claw
7 | 4 | 3 | 6
Dark | Ice
Inner Focus | Keen Eye

Field: Hail (2r)

かたわれ時
Azurill Bounce > Slam > Bounce
HP: 41/80 | EN: 81%
(4) | 3 | 2 | 3 | 20
Normal | Fairy
Thick Fat | Huge Power

Poor Azurill. It must have had some ice land in its eyes, as it couldn't hit anything this round. Sneasel could have gone for the killing blow, but it took the time to set up instead. As (I don't know how to pronounce your name) said, setting up here doesn't yield as effective results as it might in the main games.
Roll 20d600: 451, 280, 500, 591, 585, 192, 554, 136, 206, 182, 223, 388, 595, 477, 28, 392, 584, 417, 15, 224

Action One
Sneasel used Taunt!
Azurill: Taunted (3a)
9 EN

Azurill sprang up!
6 EN

Azurill used Bounce!
Accuracy [1-510/600]: 451 (Hit)
Crit [1-25/600]: 280 (No)
Paralysis [1-180/600]: 500 (No)
Damage: (9) = 9
5 EN

Action Two
Sneasel used Hone Claws!
Sneasel: +1 Attack, +1 Accuracy
5 EN

Azurill used Slam!
Accuracy [1-450/600]: 591 (Miss)
But it missed!
4 EN

Action Three
Sneasel used Metal Claw!
Crit [1-25/600]: 585 (No)
Attack Boost [1-60/600]: 192 (No)
Damage: (5+4)*1.5+2 = 15.5 -> 16
4 EN

Azurill sprang up!
6 EN

Azurill used Bounce!
Accuracy [1-510/600]: 554 (No)
But it missed!
5 EN

Azurill's Taunt wore off!

montegom
Sneasel
HP: 71/80 | EN: 82%
7 | 4 | 3 | 6
Dark | Ice
Inner Focus | Keen Eye

Field: Hail (1r)

かたわれ時
Azurill
HP: 19/80 | EN: 55%
(4) | 3 | 2 | 3 | 20
Normal | Fairy
Thick Fat | Huge Power

かたわれ時 orders first,
montegom orders second.

Everybody usually just calls me Hodaka

Please don't learn from my lateness, you should be replying promptly whenever possible.

Wait, so there was a huge update that rendered almost everything we talked about irrelevant? Come on!
Slam ~ Bounce ~ Slam

TheEver

It's beauty and rage!
is a Pre-Contributor
Round Five

montegom
Sneasel Metal Claw > Metal Claw > Quick Attack
HP: 71/80 | EN: 82%
7 | 4 | 3 | 6
Dark | Ice
Inner Focus | Keen Eye

Field: Hail (1r)

かたわれ時
Azurill Slam > Bounce > Slam
HP: 19/80 | EN: 55%
(4) | 3 | 2 | 3 | 20
Normal | Fairy
Thick Fat | Huge Power

Sneasel has the easy task this round of knocking out Azurill, which has no tricks up its sleeve to defend itself. It fishes for some attack boosts in the process to no avail. Hodaka is down to his last Pokemon, Monohm. Can he make the comeback, or will montegom close this one out?
Roll 20d600: 83, 382, 349, 524, 571, 527, 149, 54, 71, 261, 393, 569, 173, 453, 86, 161, 459, 414, 107, 368

Action One
Sneasel used Metal Claw!
Crit [1-25/600]: 83 (No)
Attack Boost [1-60/600]: 382 (No)
8 EN

Azurill used Slam!
Accuracy [1-450/600]: 349 (Hit)
Crit [1-25/600]: 524 (No)
Damage: (8+3) = 11
4 EN

Action Two
Sneasel used Metal Claw!
Crit [1-25/600]: 571 (No)
Attack Boost [1-60/600]: 527 (No)
Azurill is knocked out!
12 EN

Sneasel's Attack fell to 0!
Sneasel's Accuracy fell to 0!
The hail stopped!

montegom
Sneasel
HP: 60/80 | EN: 62%
7 | 4 | 3 | 6
Dark | Ice
Inner Focus | Keen Eye

Field: Clear

かたわれ時
Azurill
HP: 0/80 | EN: 51%
(4) | 3 | 2 | 3 | 20
Normal | Fairy
Thick Fat | Huge Power

かたわれ時 automatically sends out Monohm (no post required),
montegom orders first,
かたわれ時 orders second.

One last lesson: as with most Pokemon games, recovering HP is a very important aspect of battle. This is prone to abuse however, so recovery moves like Slack Off can only be used twice for each Pokemon, per battle. They are still quite potent however!

I'm the invisible man... sheep?

Dragon Pulse ~ Hurricane ~ Slack Off

TheEver

It's beauty and rage!
is a Pre-Contributor
Round Six

montegom
Sneasel Icy Wind > Ice Shard > Icy Wind
HP: 60/80 | EN: 62%
7 | 4 | 3 | 6
Dark | Ice
Inner Focus | Keen Eye

かたわれ時
:azurill: Knocked Out

Monohm Dragon Pulse > Hurricane > Slack Off
4 | 5 | 5 | 3 | 60
Electric | Dragon
Shield Dust | Static

Turns out Shield Dust can be a pretty fun ability when it isn't found on weak caterpillars. Not that Sneasel really needed to reduce Monohm's speed. Unfortunately for Sneasel, it managed to miss a 95% accurate move, while Monohm connected on its 70% accurate move, despite Hodaka being the one who has had accuracy problems this battle.
Roll 20d600: 85, 311, 463, 428, 264, 572, 418, 581, 421, 530, 250, 374, 142, 424, 76, 527, 478, 105, 516, 466

Action One
Sneasel used Icy Wind!
Accuracy [1-570/600]: 85 (Hit)
Crit [1-25/600]: 311 (No)
Damage: (6+3+(3-3))*1.5 = 13.5 -> 14
4 EN

Monohm used Dragon Pulse!
Crit [1-25/600]: 463 (No)
Damage: (9+3+(5-6)) = 11
6 EN

Action Two
Sneasel used Ice Shard!
Crit [1-25/600]: 428 (No)
Damage: (4+3+(7-5))*1.5 = 13.5 -> 14
3 EN

Monohm used Hurricane!
Accuracy [1-420/600]: 264 (Hit)
Crit [1-25/600]: 572 (No)
Confusion [1-180/600]: 418 (No)
Damage: (11+(5-6)) = 10
8 EN

Action Three
Sneasel used Icy Wind!
Accuracy [1-570/600]: 581 (Miss)
But it missed!
4 EN

Monohm used Slack Off!
Monohm: +20 HP
10 EN

montegom
Sneasel
HP: 39/80 | EN: 51%
7 | 4 | 3 | 6
Dark | Ice
Inner Focus | Keen Eye

かたわれ時

Monohm
HP: 72/80 | EN: 76%
4 | 5 | 5 | 3 | 60
Electric | Dragon
Shield Dust | Static

かたわれ時 orders first,
montegom orders second.

TheEver

It's beauty and rage!
is a Pre-Contributor
Round Seven

montegom
Sneasel Ice Shard > Icy Wind > Icy Wind
HP: 39/80 | EN: 51%
7 | 4 | 3 | 6
Dark | Ice
Inner Focus | Keen Eye

かたわれ時

Monohm Dragon Pulse > Dragon Pulse > Dragon Pulse
HP: 72/80 | EN: 76%
4 | 5 | 5 | 3 | 60
Electric | Dragon
Shield Dust | Static

The two battlers spend the round trading blows, but Sneasel manages to miss another Icy Wind. I guess that's the karma for Azurill's accuracy troubles.
Roll 20d600: 566, 212, 120, 60, 437, 595, 193, 483, 99, 391, 31, 54, 236, 445, 53, 567, 393, 193, 98, 70

Action One
Sneasel used Ice Shard!
Crit [1-25/600]: 566 (No)
Damage: (4+3+7-5)*1.5 = 13.5 -> 14
3 EN

Crit [1-25/600]: 212 (No)
Damage: (9+3+5-6) = 11
6 EN

Action Two
Sneasel used Icy Wind!
Accuracy [1-570/600]: 120 (Hit)
Crit [1-25/600]: 60 (No)
Damage: (6+3+3-3)*1.5 = 13.5 -> 14
4 EN

Crit [1-25/600]: 437 (No)
10 EN

Action Three
Sneasel used Icy Wind!
Accuracy [1-570/600]: 595 (Miss)
But it missed!
8 EN

Crit [1-25/600]: 193 (No)
14 EN

montegom
Sneasel
HP: 6/80 | EN: 36%
7 | 4 | 3 | 6
Dark | Ice
Inner Focus | Keen Eye

かたわれ時

Monohm
HP: 44/80 | EN: 46%
4 | 5 | 5 | 3 | 60
Electric | Dragon
Shield Dust | Static

montegom orders first,
かたわれ時 orders second.

Same move combinations factor consecutive EN cost together with the base EN cost of the move, so your Icy Wind + Icy Wind combo would cost ((5+4*2)*3.5)-1 EN, or close to 45 EN, knocking yourself out.

M: Talking all this energy is making me feel tired!

Something else to teach you is Chilling. Much like recoveries, each Pokemon only has a limited number of Chills. (5 instead of 2.) Unlike recoveries however, Chilling is not a move, but rather an action that restores 12EN to the user. Chilling can be useful in long battles where EN becomes more important.

M: Let's take a bit of a rest...

Chill ~ Chill ~ Chill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)