Pet Mod JolteMons (Complete) [Random Battle is Leader's Choice]

:sm/Flareon: :sm/Vaporeon: :sm/Jolteon: :sm/Umbreon: :sm/Espeon: :sm/Leafeon: :sm/Glaceon: :sm/Sylveon:
Name: see above
Type: see above
Abilities: add Adaptability as a third ability
New Moves: Poison Gas for Umbreon
Justification:
The Eevee line is known for having a strong STAB at the cost of good coverage / movepool. Adaptability further encourages the use of STAB moves and somewhat fixes the issue. Should NatDex Doubles or VGC ever be a thing and implemented, I want to make sure you can have a fun time with Umbreon by wearing down two opposing Pokémon with Poison Gas. This move also references the fact that Umbreon was originally supposed to be a Poison Pokémon.

:Moltres-Galar:
Name: Galarian Moltres
Type: Dark | Flying
Abilities: Berserker | Early Bird
New Moves: Beak Blast
Justification:
Early Bird is an extremely underrated and underutilized ability and encourages the use of Rest. This allows Galarian Moltres to have some defensive utility as a primarily set-up Pokémon; you can either safely set-up multiple times with Nasty Plot and Agility without having to worry about Toxic or Paralysis or you can run a more defensive set with Beak Blast to punish players for clicking contact moves. Moreover, Beak Blast is extremely fitting on Galarian Moltres as, despite being a different version of its Fire Kanto form, it has no Fire moves at all. The fire theme is alluded through its signature move Fiery Wrath, and Beak Blast would only accentuate it.

:sm/Lycanroc-Midnight:
Name: Lycanroc-Midnight
Type: Rock
Abilities: Fur Coat, Guts, No Guard
New Moves: Moonlight, Body Press, Fake Out
Justification:
GF went to great lengths to sell its concept: that of being a tanky attacker. However, if you were to look at its stats, you'd quickly realize Lycanroc-Midnight cannot rely on its bulk very welll to distinguish more from its other forms. Fur Coat makes sure it can actually be a tanky attacker and rely on Moonlight to stay healthy throughout the game and Body Press to exert offensive pressure if you want to run an Iron Defense or Bulk Up set. Run Guts, if you want to rely on immediate power. As a Rock Pokémon, Lycanroc-Night will naturally encourage the opponent to click a Water move like Scald, and punish them for doing so. Fake Out synergizes with Guts and underlines the idea of this Pokémon fighting dirty. Moreover, it would be the first Rock Pokémon with Fake Out.

Magmajudis

Title pending
Name: Forged Shot
Power: 75
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 10-16
Category: Physical
Type: Steel
Effect: If the target is Fire type, the move doubles in BP and the fire type is removed from the target.
Z-Move Effect: 140BP
Priority: 0
Flags: Protect, Mirror
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :aegislash:, :excadrill:, :aggron:
Justification: Adds another physical STAB option for Steel types, and while it's slightly less powerful than Iron Head, the effect is useful (and could also potentially have some defensive interaction by removing the opponent's Fire STAB but i don't know if that'd be that useful)

:swsh/escavalier:
Name: Escavalier [adjustments]
Type: Bug/Steel
Abilities: Speed Boost / Shell Armor / Swarm
Justification: Escavalier can now be a very threatening sweeper thanks to speed boost actually making it not that slow after a few turns (especially if you use Agility).

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Name: Wash Away
Power: 70
PP: 15 (Max 24)
Category: Special
Type: Water
Effect: Clears the stat boost of the target. Hits all adjacent opponents.
Z-Move Effect: 140bp
Flags: None
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Water types with 60+ speed, Mew, maybe Dragalge
Justification: Setup can always be dangerous and having some more ways to prevent it feels important as Haze or Clear Smog aren't easy to fit. Wash Away works best against bulky setup from pokemon such as Calm Mind Clefable and Reuniclus or Bulk Up Corviknight since you don't have to worry about getting outsped. You can just hit them first and remove their damage output. Mons with a speed boosting option or that are just generally fast can be harder to deal with as you may still have to stomach the boosted hit. Wash Away is quite a good move, but may suffer from competition with Scald, since having 2 water moves is not that great on a defensive mon.

Name: Conflagration
Power: 80
PP: 10 (Max 16)
Type: Fire
Effect: Damage doubles if entry hazards are set on the opposing side of the field. Removes entry hazards from the opponent's side of the field after use.
Z-Move Effect: 160bp
Flags: None
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Heatran, Drampa, Gyarados, Hydreigon, Tyranitar, Krookodile, Moltres-G, Zoroark, Grimmsnarl, Haxorus, Arceus, fire types, overheat users, burning jealousy users, dark types, ghost types
Justification: Conflagration is a huge nuke, but with a big drawback and hard to spam. While you may be firing off a 160bp, potentially stab move, removing hazards essentially lowers your damage output throughout the game unless you set them up immediately afterwards. It's good for Specs users or just generally strong fire attackers because it can deal huge damage, even to resists. It also gives you a list of pokemon who would burn down a building.

Name: Libero
Effect: Non-Stab moves gain 1.2x power
Permanent: No
Mold Breaker: No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Cinderace, Passimian, some other stuff, can't be bothered to look into it.
Justification: Cinderace is a pretty cool mon so I'm gonna try to get it unbanned while not straying too far from what it usually does. Libero is also just a protean clone so it feels fair to modify it to give it a different, less powerful niche that can be distributed more freely.

Name: Room Service
Effect: If Trick Room is setup while the pokemon holding this item is on the field, it immediately switches out. Item is consumed after use.
Can Be Knocked Off: Yes
Ignored by Klutz: Yes
Fling Power & Effect: 100bp, no effect, same as before.
Justification: Trick Room pivoting. Helps deal with Trick Room abusers usually only having 3 turns to deal damage. Also seems so fun for doubles.

:sm/dracovish:
Name: Dracovish
Type: Water/Dragon
Abilities: Water Absorb/Regenerator/(Sand Rush)
New Moves: Flip Turn
Removed Moves: no
Justification: Instead of a dumb unwallable wallbreaker, you get a fun defensive pivot. Sure it still has Fishious Rend, but without Strong Jaw, it's much easier to deal with. Sand Rush sets are also here, but hopefully balanced as they're still walled by the usual bulky waters and grasses. It runs AV well thanks to Flip Turn and can use Fishious Rend has a way to be less passive.

Last edited:
Name: Heavy Clay (:Light Clay: but darker)
Effect: Upon entry, reduces the turn of all field effects by 3 turns (light screen, reflect, aurora veil, rain, sun, hail, sand, tailwind, trick room, wonder room, gravity, electric terrain, grassy terrain, psychic terrain, misty terrain, and perhaps some others than I'm forgetting but fall into this category)
Can Be Knocked Off (Yes or No): Yes
Ignored by Klutz (Yes or No): Yes
Fling Power & Effect: Identical to light clay
Justification: There is little counterplay to terrain/weather/screen effects outside of outlasting the turns (or in some cases, defogging them away). I thought that this invention was a smart way to counterplay these tendencies. It's a good defensive niche but would definitely not be overbearign in the meta. Also pretty cool!

Name: Pacifist Treaty (Similar looking to :Weakness Policy:)
Effect: Works identically to multiscale but in item form. Users holding the Pacifist Treaty take .75x damage from any attack. Single use.
Fling Power & Effect: 65 base power
Justification: I had this idea and I think it is pretty cool! This would allow a significant number of pokemon to be able to reliably check against offensive threats more easily, and provides a pretty slick alternative to leftovers/boots! Because it is single use, it requires some skill in order to maximize its benefit, and because it is only .75x instead of .5x, the type berries still have a niche! Enjoy!

More later, perhaps?

Last edited:
First and foremost, congratulations on the new mod, Yoshiblaze (and co.). I've never touched Sylvemons OR NatDex yet, but this looks fun. I hope Joltemons does well.

For now, I'll submit only three things. No items since Fox only. Final Destination there are already too many good ones anyway, and I'll hold off the new move I was going to suggest since I need to think about it more. Given the only other ideas I have would be redundant to two new moves already suggested, no new or adjusted moves either for now:

Name: Regenerator (already exists)
New Effect: This Pokemon restores 1/4 of its maximum HP, rounded down, when it switches out. (down from 1/3)
Permanent (Yes or No): No.
Mold Breaker (Yes or No): No.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :alomomola:, :amoonguss:, :slowbro:, :slowking:, :slowbro-galar:, :slowking-galar:, :tangrowth:, :toxapex: (and everything else that already has Regenerator)
Justification: I don't think anyone would argue that the current form of Regenerator is obnoxiously overpowered, especially now that Teleport got buffed and Heavy-Duty Boots exist. That said, as much as I hate it, I'd rather not just gut it or outright ask for its removal (since Game Freak is unlikely to do so). Instead, I am merely curious if not being able to cleanly outpace a full stack of Spikes (or 2 layers and Rocks) will help balance it, the current form of Heavy-Duty Boots aside. So I just want to see if suddenly not getting back 8% of max HP for free every time will make a difference. That's all. (I'll still probably find at least one Regenerator mon on this list obnoxious though. *cough*:alomomola:*cough*:amoonguss:*cough*)

Since NatDexOU looks sadly lacking in any Gen VIII mons besides the obnoxious Corviknight that isn't either a starter with a busted hidden ability or a legendary (including Dragapult's busted self, which probably can't be made balanced without touching its stats), I'm going to try to improve two Gen VIII mons (of the ones not already submitted) enough that they might actually be viable with the changes. Fingers crossed:

:sm/copperajah:
Name: Copperajah
Type:
/
(Ground added)
Abilities: Sheer Force / Water Absorb / Heavy Metal (hidden ability; gains Water Absorb as a second non-hidden ability)
New Moves: Gyro Ball*, Knock Off*, Slack Off, Smack Down (Hidden Power and Toxic too as a Gen VIII mon.)
Removed Moves: [None]
Justification: Elephants need to drink a lot of water per day, and the Sword Pokédex's entry goes out of it way to say that Copperajah should at least be resistant to Water...in the umpteenth instance of gameplay-and-story segregation since every Water attack under the Sun and every other weather kicks its ass. I'm guessing the "resistance" bit was just a nod to copper apparently not rusting or corroding via water under most common circumstances, but I'm choosing to run with it because Copperajah has potential it falls more than a bit short of given its current stats, moves, and typing. I was initially going to make it Steel/Water due to this but admitted to myself that I couldn't really justify the secondary Water type.

It's just as well though. For the most part and despite the unfortunate weaknesses Ground adds in some places, Steel/Ground is a better typing with Water Absorb as an ability anyway, letting this give quite a few Water types trouble for starters, e.g. basically walling everything Toxapex can do save for Knock Off, which Slack Off largely undoes, while threatening it back with STAB Earthquakes. Being Steel/Ground instead of Steel/Water also means it becomes the only mon in the game besides Shedinja that either resists or is outright immune to all three of the attacking pivoting moves. It also deals with at least two of the Tapus well enough, though Tapu Lele probably murders it even with just STABs. It's also a slow Steel that isn't instantly murdered by Magnezone, at least at full health, while now being immune to being bullied by its Volt Switch and Electric STABs. Water Absorb makes it the rare physical attacker that doesn't fear switching in on Scald. Finally, it offers different enough role compression that it should likely have some type of niche over both Excadrill and Hippowdon even if it's not as fast or strong as the former and isn't actually anywhere as tanky as the latter in general.

*It probably doesn't need either of these, but I don't think either of these moves would make it broken per se, especially if it was somehow OU. So they "should" be fine. (Just like this thing's new secondary typing "should" arguably be Rock given its design rather than Ground [or Water], but it's already suffered enough and Stakataka already exist, so we'll ignore that.)

:sm/mr_rime:
Name: Charles Chaplin Mr. Rime
Type:
/
(no change)
Abilities: Tangled Feet / Screen Cleaner / Magic Guard (hidden ability; replaces Ice Body)
New Moves: [None] (Well, besides Hidden Power and Toxic as a Gen VIII mon.)
Removed Moves: [...None?*]
Justification: The primary justification for this is that of all the Gen VIII mons I could see getting the extremely powerful ability of Magic Guard, the mon that still deals with barriers, now with a carefree tap-dancing and "wintertime magic" twist, seems the most fitting. I mostly try to avoid giving out overpowered abilities where I can when improving things, especially since Mr. Rime isn't actually bad unlike, say, Stonjourner or Thievul. It's just outclassed despite its good movepool and relatively decent stats. So Magic Guard should easily push it over the edge into usability without any other changes and without outright obviating its other two abilities, though I do worry about how much of a push it may be. (See below.)

An additional inspiration for this was because it's bothered me for a while that the mon that's especially good at dancing gets an ability that seemingly implies it's clumsy in the form of Tangled Feet; it would be almost as jarring as this thing got Klutz to me, honestly. That said, I at least actually have seen at least a couple of people use Tangled Feet in passing in Doubles (those monsters) and can vaguely see the justification for it on Game Freak's part. So I ultimately decided that Ice Body gets the axe since Mr. Rime's six weaknesses and its resistances only to its own types aren't doing that ability any good anyway--same goes for its middling HP and Def.

*I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up needing to lose either Expanding Force, Freeze-Dry, or both with Magic Guard, if only because of Life Orb. I was tempted to suggest a revision of Magic Guard that dropped at least that interaction and allowed Life Orb recoil to damage you, but I'm not sure how easily that can be coded, so I'm not doing that (right now). Besides, I figure that since Pokémon is technically a JRPG, I might as well let Mr. Rime potentially amass enough power to kill God Arceus...at least until the Golden update nerfs it in some way for breaking the game.

P.S. I don't really care for Z-Moves at all beyond some of the animations, but for now I've chosen no ban on them. Perhaps we could wait a round or two and then decide on if they should go? Shrug. Just a suggestion, though I will of course agree with whatever the decision is.

EDIT: Gods, so many typos have been fixed. I'm going to blame it on this stupid battery abruptly shutting down again mid-post combined with me rushing to leave.

Last edited:

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
:BW/magmortar:
Name: Magmortar
Type: Fire
Abilities: Flame Body/ Neutralizing Gas
New Moves: Recover
Removed Moves: Null
Justification: I have a really long essay on the flavor in my Mega Magmortar sub for M4A, but essentially it allows Mega Magmortar to be one of the most versatile and useful Pokemon in OU, with a rocks weakness, and perfectly uses Neutralizing Gas to make progress against the Regenerator cores that are so prevalent. Magmortar specifically does well in this job due to its great movepool, pressuring Water types as a fire type will always be good no matter what mon you are. I doubt it can have much of a niche in OU however due to its overall not exquisite stats outside its special attack. But It will be very excellent in UU, and any potential lower tier it will fall into, the recovery gained will allow life orbs sets to prosper even with a rocks weakness, and the ability to hold Heavy Duty Boots(if ViZars nerf goes through it'll be even cooler) will allow Magmortar to execute a myriad of good roles in the lower tiers

Thats all I have for now, but if I dont pass out I'll have more tonight

first time subbing to anything other than FERU. lmk how I do

Name: Cell Battery
Effect: Raises the holder's Attack and Special Attack 1 stage when targeted by an Electric move. Item is not consumed
Fling Power & Effect: 30 (causes paralysis)
Justification: Cell Battery sucks and has never once seen competitive use. This change directly buffs its effect while still keeping it true to its original role. Electric moves are fairly common, so I'd expect it to see some use, even if it remains niche. Can also be used by usual Electric-move switch-ins such as Ground and Electric types in order to give them a basically free boost to both offenses to reward effective prediction.

Name: Cursed Charge
Power: 120
Accuracy: 75%
PP: 15
Type: Ghost
Effect: 1/3 recoil. If the user faints due to recoil from this move, the opponent loses 1/4 of their max health.
Z-Move Effect: 190 BP.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Contact, Mirror, Protect
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Aegislash line, Banette line, Blacephalon, Golurk line, Trevenant line, assorted other Ghost types & mons with a curse motif.
Justification: Physical Ghost move that serves as an alternative to Poltergeist. Effect gives it an additional function as a funky offensive Curse, while not being completely broken due to how difficult it is to pull it off.

Name: Circuit Breaker
Accuracy: 95%
PP: 5
Type: Electric
Effect: Lowers the user's Attack and Special Defense one stage.
Z-Move Effect: 190 BP
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Contact, Mirror, Protect
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Electivire line, Golem-Alola line, Luxray line, Morpeko, Zebstrika line, Zekrom
As for non-Electrics: Celesteela, Genesect, Klinklang, Porygon-Z
Justification: Electric Superpower. Wild Charge just doesn't cut it for a physical Electric move, so here's an alternative. Lowering Special Defense instead of Defense is weird, since it might allow users to live an EQ even after attacking, but leaves you more vulnerable to special attackers. Also provides an interesting coverage move to non-Electric mons that fit the 'circuit' aesthetic.

Name: Pickup
Effect: At the end of each turn, if this Pokemon is not holding an item, it picks up an item it or an opponent used that turn (its item takes priority). This effect only occurs once per item.
Permanent (Yes or No): No
Mold Breaker (Yes or No): No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Pokemon with it already, Barbaracle line, Cradily line, Greedent line
Justification: Pickup right now is basically useless, even after being given an in-battle effect in gen 8. So, I've turned it into an amazing tool for consumable-item mons. Belly Drum Linoone gets its Sitrus Berry back, Barbaracle can Shell Smash twice with no drawback, et cetera.
barbaracle has hands, and also gets pickpocket
cradily has suction cups, so it's reasonable to assume it could pick stuff up that it dropped
greedent is a rodent. tons of rodents get pickup

:swsh/mightyena:
Name: Mightyena
Type: Dark / Normal
Abilities: Intimidate / Quick Feet / Strong Jaw
New Moves: Hyper Fang, Jaw Lock, Psychic Fangs
Removed Moves: N/A
Justification: Mightyena is an extremely difficult Pokemon to balance, due to its low BST. Luckily, it has all the flavor and movepool to make effective use of Strong Jaw. Dual 120 BP no-drawback STABs make up for its low attack, and having access to nearly every fang move in the game gives it very colorful coverage options. Jaw Lock is mostly for flavor, though gimmick sets with Intimidate to take out physical attackers sound pretty funny, if totally unviable. Most likely won't break into OU, but looks like a huge threat in the lower tiers.

:swsh/wigglytuff:
Name: Wigglytuff
Type: Normal / Fairy
Abilities: Cute Charm / Competitive / Frisk
New Moves: Geomancy
Removed Moves:
Justification: Attempt at a balanced Geomancy user. Coverage is fairly good, but 3 moves isn't enough to hit everything it wants to, and it still gets outsped by quite a few mons, even at +2.

Last edited:
Name: Horn Drill
Power: 130
Type: Steel (Physical)
Accuracy: 90
Effect: Drops user’s Atk 2 stages
Added Learnset: Metagross, Aggron, Perrserker, Sandslash (both), Escavalier

Name: Guillotine
Power: 120 (Physical)
Type: Dark
Accuracy: 85
Effect: 10% chance to lower enemy defense 1 stage.
Added Learnset: Nidoking/queen, Tauros, Absol, Sneasel, Zarude, Grimmsnarl, Obstagoon, Guzzlord, Malamar, Aegislash, Sandslash (Both)

Name: Sheer Cold
Power: 130 (Special)
Type: Ice
Accuracy: 90
Effect: Drops SpAtk 2 stages. No drop during hail.
Added Learnset: Wailord, Arctozolt, Arctovish, Jynx, Mr Mime (Galar)

Name: Fissure
Type: Rock (Special)
Accuracy: 80
Effect: No added effect
Added Learnset: Omastar, Lunatone, Tyranitar, Typhlosion, Claydol, Archeops, Aurorus, Nihilego

So why am I turning these into very powerful moves? Well, OHKO is no go, but there's a lack of very strong Dark, Steel and (special) Rock moves. Sheer Cold is just overheat but cold, most Ice types burnout quickly anyway ironically, and another strong option for the Arctos to abuse Hail with. This hail aspect may be too much admittedly.

Name: Frisk (already exists)
New Effect: When Frisking an item disables it and allows the Pokémon with Frisk to utilize the item for itself for 3 turns. Only works when Frisker switches in and continues with that item even if the frisked switched out before then. Also will use up 1 time use items like balloons and berries.
Permanent (Yes or No): No.
Mold Breaker (Yes or No): Maybe. Not sure because Frisk disables an item.
Justification: Frisky business is like a confiscation. Beware the effects both good AND bad are counted so if you frisk a choice item you are locked for those few turns and your enemy is not although they don’t have the added power or speed and if you Frisk a Life Orb you’re going to hurt yourself, doubly so if you already have a Life Orb, same for a Flame Orb so guts mon might try and entrap you with status.

still yanking Heatrans balloon and popping it in his face? Will it ever not feel good?

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Time to tweak the galarian birds (and Archeops)
Name: Freezing Glare
Power: 70
Accuracy: 100
PP: 20
Type: Psychic
Effect: Deals super effective damage to Steel-types, ala Freeze Dry.
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Articuno-Galar
Justification: Garticuno's current signature is worthless, being a very minor upgrade to Psychic. This new version makes it an invaluable coverage move and an incredibly spammable STAB attack. It might even make Garticuno usable in UU/OU, who knows.

Name: Fiery Wrath
Power: 90
PP: 10
Type: Dark
Effect: Nullifies the target's Ability if the target move first.
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Moltres-Galar
Tags: Spread
Justification: Goltres' current signature is great, no doubt, but it really is just Dark Pulse with 10 more BP. This rework instead turns the move into a consistent STAB with potentially incredibly utility on slower sets (like the regenerator rework cough cough). Still a 90 BP no drawback stab otherwise. It's also CRAZY in doubles lmao

Name: Thunderous Kick
Power: 20
PP: 25
Type: Fighting
Effect: Hits twice. Each hit has a 100% chance to inflict -1 Defense on the target.
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Zapdos-Galar
Justification: Thunderous Kick was already a pretty neglected part of Gapdos' kit, so I thought I might as well rework it to function as a great wallbreaking option on non-choiced sets. Inflicting -2 defense on a toxapex is always gonna hurt. Held back by its awful initial BP- good luck KOing with that if you predict wrong.
:ss/articuno-galar: :ss/moltres-galar: :ss/zapdos-galar:
Name: Articuno-Galar, Moltres-Galar, Zapdos-Galar
Type: Unchanged
Abilities: Competitive | Magic Bounce, Berserk | Regenerator, Defiant | Intimidate
New Moves: Defog, Toxic
Justification: Reworking the abilities of all of the Galar birds! Magic Bounce allows Garticuno to function as a higher-tier Xatu and is generally an amazing ability. Regenerator on Goltres lets more defensively inclined pivot sets prosper, giving teams access to a splashable Ghost check that is resilient to chip. Lastly, Intimidate is a solid ability on non-choiced Gapdos sets to check threats like Kartana. Defog and Toxic are here as utility options.
:ss/archeops:
Name: Archeops
Type: Rock/Flying
Abilities: Defeatist | Early Bird
Justification
: The classic

:ss/grapploct:
Name: Grapploct
Type: Fighting
Abilities: Limber / Poison Heal | Technician
New Moves: Flip Turn, Recover, Toxic, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Toxic Spikes, Life Dew, Rapid Spin
Justification: Grapploct can utilize Poison Heal very, very well alongside its movepool and natural bulk. Recovery is pretty essential to make it function, imo, while the other movepool additions are mostly for flavor (and Flip Turn should've been on it from the start). Rapid Spin is here for the defensive pivot potential.

:ss/stonjourner:
Name: Stonjourner
Type: Rock / Ghost
Abilities
: Power Spot* (Now applies boost to itself too)
New Moves: Poltergeist, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp, Phantom Force
Justification: Stonjourner sucks so hard! This change gives it an awesome secondary stab and an incredibly power boost thanks to the Power Spot change. While I doubt it will be viable to any degree in the higher tiers I'm sure it will see some plays it the lower ones.

Some unrelated items
Name: Macho Brace
Effect: The holder does not take recoil damage besides Struggle and crash damage.
Fling Power & Effect: 120 BP, 33% recoil to the user.
Justification: Offensive items aren't very popular right now outside of the Choice set. While this item is still quite niche, at least it enables a few Flare Blitzers and Head Smashers. Especially notable on Archeops if it ever gets another ability.

Name: Shell Bell
Effect: The holder heals 1/8th of their max HP upon successfully damaging a Pokemon with an attack.
Fling Power & Effect: 40 BP
Justification: Heavy Duty Boots is very popular on offensive Pokemon right now for the superior survivability it offers compared to the competition. Shell Bell present an alternative as an item that is twice as efficient as Leftovers, given you are successfully attacking the opponent. I could see it replacing Boots on Pokemon like Zeraora that aren't particularly weak to hazards. There's no way it will replace Leftovers on defensive Pokemon because they enjoy the consistent recovery and aren't exactly spamming attacks.

Name: Grip Claw
Effect: The holder's first attack while holding this item will trap the target and deal 1/8th of their max HP each turn for 4-5 turns. Single use.
Fling Power & Effect: 35 BP, Traps and damages the target for 4-5 turns.
Justification: Incredibly funny way to lure certain pokemon and ensure they are taken out by your heat set. Main issue is that it consumes your all-important item slot.

Name: Deep Sea Tooth / Deep Sea Scale
Effect: (Tooth) If the holder is Clampearl or Huntail, their Special Attack is doubled. (Scale) If the holder is Clampearl or Gorebyss, their Special Defense is doubled.
Fling Power & Effect: Idk whatever is currently is
Justification: All of the Clampearl family blows. This item change makes sure that at least Huntail has a niche as a sort of Marowak-esque hyper breaker, this time with smash! However, it is still hard walled by Ferrothorn, struggles with waters, and outspeeds no scarfers. Not to mention the awful bulk. As for the Scale, if Gorebyss gets buffs elsewhere it could maybe prove viable later on.

Last edited:
Quite a bit late (sorry!) but submissions are now closed!

Before we get into the voting phase, we're gonna have a short Veto Phase, where we'll give people a chance to fix potentially broken submissions. Any sub that's veto and isn't appropriately nerfed/replaced will not be eligible for voting

The vetos are as follows:
:swsh/helioptile::swsh/heliolisk:
Name: Helioptile and Heliolisk [adjustments]
Type: Electric / Ice
Abilities: Dry Skin / Triage / Solar Power
New Moves: Ice Beam, Blizzard, Frost Breath, Hydro Pump, Heal Pulse, Taunt
Justification: Heliolisk is a cool mon, especially given the existence of Parabolic Charge. However, the mon has a few problems, notably that its movepool is small and one of its STABs is almost pointless. Here, I have given it a much better offensive typing, moves to match as well as some new utility in Taunt, and Triage to boost the priority of Parabolic Charge.
Heliolisk's power and speed + STAB BoltBeam is pretty crazy, but then you add Triage on top of that and it's a bit too much. Just remove Triage and you'll be good.
:sm/archeops:
Name: Archeops
Type: Ground / Flying
Abilities: Defeatist / Early Bird
New Moves: 0
Removed Moves: 0
Justification: Makes archeops not entirely useless, giving it actual usage. even a better type! said typing might make it outclassed by Gliscor, though.
Archeops' stats combined with how great of a typing Ground/Flying is makes this a little too much. The easiest solution would've been to just make it Rock/Flying, but someone already subbed that, so removing Early Bird is the best call here, the typing is a huge buff as is.

Name: Multidimensional Time Warp
Effect: Sets a permanent trick room effect upon switch-in. Effect persists between matches and other players games! Can only be removed if a pokemon with this ability switches in.
Justification: Trick Room has historically been very underpowered in Sylvemons, and this should solve that. It adds a great layer of strategy because you have to keep track of other players games as well to be aware of when they will switch in a Multidimensional Time Warp pokemon. Make sure you know if this effect is on or off before you start your tournament match, and be careful if someone else is running a similar team in another match - you two could ruin each others plans!

Name: Housekeeping Two
Effect: Removes hazards, rooms, and instantly kills the opposing pokemon upon switch-in.
Justification: If Housekeeping was so good, why isn't there a Housekeeping Two? This new and improved version is more thorough than the last, efficiently removing any pesky opposing pokemon as well as hazards and rooms.
Long time no see dude! I have to disallow these subs for obvious reasons, but I'm so glad you're still around
Name: Blue Eject Button
Effect: The pokemon holding this item switches out if its move failed (stomping tantrum trigger)
Fling Power & Effect: 30 BP, Switch opponent out
Justification: the blue pill of the eject button. Works when your move gets blocked by a counter-pokemon. You gain the ability to switch out instead of losing momentum
The item itself is fine, but the Fling effect is a 0 priority phazing move that you can Recycle, so even though you can only do it every other turn, it's still uncompetitive, so just change or remove the Fling effect and it'll be fine
Name: Iceberg Core (New)
Effect: If the holder have the Ice-type, their defensive type effectiveness is reversed but PP consumption is doubled.
Fling Power & Effect: 75 BP, double Base Power on target with Steel, Water, Ice, or Fire.
Effective Effectiveness via Fling:
  • 2x damage: Psychic, Ghost, Water, Ice, Fire, Steel
  • 1x damage: Other types not listed above or below
  • 1/2x damage: Fairy, Fighting, Dark
Justification: Reverse Core, but for Ice-type and with a small but notable catch. This allows slow, bulky Ice-type to become instantaneous threats with only Ice as their weakness, but keep in mind, the increased PP consumption means you will be left vulnerable against PP stalling. Fling is generally too situational as it is one-timer, so making it a one-time nuke against bulky Water, Steel, Fire or even opposing Ice (and none of the four types are resistant to Dark anyways) will be both potentially hilarious and devastating.
I get the idea of a nerfed Reverse Core, but Ice-types were the reason why Reverse Core was broken, so even with the drawback it would likely be broken here. Either change what type is affected by it or just remove it altogether.
Name: Muscle Power (Hidden Power clone)
Power: 60
PP: 24 (Max)
Type: Varies in type based on the user's IVs
Effect: None
Z-Move Effect: None
Flags: Protect, Mirror
Potential Pokémon with this move: Same as Hidden power
Justification: Give a hand and coverage to physical technician users
This sub is identical to Hidden Force, which was subbed before this one (since my mod powers lets me see what time each post was edited), so this would be disqualified from voting
:sm/heracross-mega:
Name: Mega Heracross
Type: Bug/Fighting (unchanged)
Abilities: Triage
New Moves: Drain Punch, Leech Life, Horn Leech
Removed Moves: Potentially Rock Blast and Bullet Seed - only ever added because of the old mega, but not really causing issues by sticking around. Pin Missile and Arm Thrust were also only added because of the mega, but those are STAB (and funnily enough, Arm Thrust was removed locally in Geb 8 anyway when the mega left)
Justification: If it wasn't for the fact Triage didn't exist in Gen 6, Heracross always should have had Triage. It's one of the very few mons with both flavor and typing justifications for dual-STAB draining moves and coverage all on its favored attacking stat. It also has the perfect stat spread for a Triage mon - high offense to keep damage and thus draining high even when not running boosting, good natural bulk to live longer and get more mileage out of the health gain, and slow speed to make the most of the priority and make make running non-draining coverage moves less appealing). An argument against it could be that I had to add all of the draining moves, but then again, old Heracross was literally the poster child for irrelevant and out of nowhere Mega design that didn't use any of the base form's existing kit, so at least this new version is interested and actually makes competitive sense. (Seriously, what was the reason for Skill Link? That its one viable multi-hit STAB (because its secondary multi-hit STAB is garbage) was a type no other Skill Link users had yet?)

For balance, this thing legitimately looks scary but Bug/Fighting/Grass is pretty underwhelming coverage - Horn Leech in particular struggles against almost all of the same things that Leech Life does, and is only relevant for hitting some key matchups neutrally, such as Toxapex, Lando-T/Gliscor. Additionally, Bug, Poison, and Flying alone resist all of Heracross' Triage options (Ledian ultimate counter ggez), the last of which are an extremely common type due to Defog utility. Fire, Fairy, and Dragon both resist two of the three and are the basis for many other counters such as Mega Altaria, Dragapult, Blacephalon, Alolawak, and Aegislash.
Triage on something this strong is just too strong, this thing is similar to AAA Buzzwole, who managed to get banned from a meta with a much higher power level and this isn't that much worse than that and would likely become super overcentralizing. There's probably no way to salvage this, so I suggest giving it a different ability if you keep the sub
:swsh/escavalier:
Name: Escavalier [adjustments]
Type: Bug/Steel
Abilities: Speed Boost / Shell Armor / Swarm
Justification: Escavalier can now be a very threatening sweeper thanks to speed boost actually making it not that slow after a few turns (especially if you use Agility).
This one was close to not being vetoed, but Escavalier's bulk and typing make it too hard to revenge kill, so it can easily muscle through its checks with Swords Dance while outspeeding and killing everything else. Try giving it a worse ability that boosts speed.

You will have 16 hours to make necessary changes, and then voting will start. See you then!

Last edited:
Voting is now open!

The following submissions CANNOT be voted for:
Mega Heracross
Muscle Power
Iceberg Core (because it no longer exists)
Blue Eject Button
Arcehops (Regic Boat)

Heliolisk was fixed and the council has decided to rescind our veto on Escavalier, so that can be voted for as well

In each category, you may vote for 6 submissions, with 2 self-votes in each category (so you can vote for 24 submissions with 8 total self-votes). Please specify which votes are self-votes. You don't have to list who made the submission unless someone else subbed something with the same name/species. The order you put it in does not matter, every vote is worth 1 point

Moves
Blaze Kick (SV)
Aura Sphere (SV)
Liquidation
Triple Axel
Tail Slap
Thunderbolt

Items
Eviolite (SV)
Black Belt (SV)
Life Orb
Metronome
King's Rock
Choice Specs

Abilities
Speed Boost (SV)
Justified (SV)
Sheer Force
Pressure
Skill Link
Volt Absorb

Adjustments
Combusken (SV)
Lucario (SV)
Feraligatr
Weavile
Cinccino
Jolteon

Voting will end in 24 hours

DuoM2's Reflect Stone
NeonNitroGlycerin's Momentum Armor [SV]
zxgzxg's Tactical Taser

Lord Zorz's Run Away
DuoM2's Rain Dish/Ice Body

zxgzxg's Arid Absorption
zxgzxg's Chilling Hold
Mossy Sandwich's Conflagration
DuoM2's Glass Cutter

NeonNitroGlycerin's Dunsparce [SV]
NeonNitroGlycerin's Heliolisk [SV]
Earl's Archeops
Mossy Sandwich's Dracovish

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Mocking Jab (SV)
Reconstruct (SV)
Conflagration (Mossy Sandwich)
Toxic Thread (Yoshiblaze)
Arid Absorption (zxgzxg)
Focus Blast (Samtendo09)
Paper Shuriken (Squawk)
Nine-Volt Battery (DuoM2)
Boomerang (KeroseneZanchu)
Cram-O-Ray (zxgzxg)
Shell Bell (Earl)
Gems (SV)
Libero (Mossy Sandwich)
Telepathy (Yoshiblaze)
Rain Dish/Ice Body (DuoM2)
Regenerator (TheDamned)
Hazardous (Neon)
Opportunist (Lord Zorz)
Eevee line (SV)
Zarude (SV)
Dracovish (Mossy Sandwich)
Galar Birds (Earl)
Wigglytuff (Beef Cultist)
Magmortar (Paullux)

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Momentum Armor
Deep Sea Tooth/Deep Sea Scale
Shell Bell
Blunder Policy
Libero
Pick Up
Rain Dish/Ice Body
Crackshot
Telepathy
Circuit Breaker (I think its a bit wordy for a move, almost all of them have 3 syllables or less, so maybe a rename to Circuit Break?)
Meltdown
Electric Wave
(PLEASE be gentle in Distribution I BEG)
Enlightened Punch
Reconstruct
Forged Shot
Galar Birds (Earl)
Wigglytuff
Copperajah
Escavalier
Dragalge
Dracovish

A lot of these buffs feel scattered all over the place, with most Pokémon modifications making lower tier mons better at their role in lower tiers, not necessarily making them worth climbing up the ranks of higher tiers. Hopefully within the future more clear focus on what tiers should be buffed gets specified, as for now, my votes prioritize Pokémon Modifications with a chance of being good in OU and UU, so a unique metagame can be established sooner rather than later. (And also Wigglytuff. Its Geomancy freaking Wigglytuff)

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Reflect Stone (DuoM2)
Momentum Armor (NeonNitroGlycerin)
Tactical Taser (zxgzxg)
Aerial Ace (PalpitoadChamp)
Arid Absorption (zxgzxg)
Focus Blast (Samtendo09) [SV]
Meltdown (AquaticPanic)
Libero (Mossy Sandwich)
Light Power (Samtendo09) [SV]
Regenerator (TheDamned)
Hazardous (Neon)
Run Away (Lord Zorz)
Galar Birds (Earl)
Wigglytuff (Beef Cultist)
Magmortar (Paullux)
Eevee line (Gravity Monkey)
Escavalier (Magmajudis)
Mr. Rime (The Damned)

Last edited:
Cursed Charge (SV)
Circuit Breaker (SV)
Reconstruct (Gravity Monkey)
Spark (AquaticPanic)
Focus Blast (Samtendo09)

Reflect Stone (DuoM2)
Eviolith (Regic Boat)
Photocopier (PalpitoadChamp)
Blunder Policy (Rasdanation)
Honey (Yoshiblaze)
Brass Knuckles (zxgzxg)

Pickup (SV)
Ghoul Presence (Regic Boat)
Obstinacy (AquaticPanic)
Light Power (Samtendo09)
Run Away (Lord Zorz)

Mightyena (SV)
Wigglytuff (SV)
Miltank (Yoshiblaze)
Escavalier (Magmajudis)
Magmortar (Paulluxx)
Archeops (Earl)

Argh. This was super hard even taking into account that Ghost types are naturally seductive. [/phrases easily taken out of context]

Moves:
1. Aerial Ace (adjusted)
2. Reconstruct
3. Blackout
4. Meltdown
5. Conflagration
6. Circuit Breaker

Items:
1. Reflect Stone
2. Photocopier
3. Heavy-Duty Boots (adjusted)
4. Sachet
5. Heavy Clay
6. Pacifist Treaty

Abilities:
1. Regenerator (adjusted) (Self-Vote)
2. Rain Dish / Ice Body (adjusted)
3. Ghoul Presence
4. Telepathy (adjusted)
5. Light Power
6. Libero (adjusted)

Pokemon:
1. Mr. Rime (Self-Vote)
2. Relicanth
3. Absol & Absol-Mega
4. Gravity Monkey's Eevolutions
5. Yamask-Galar line
6. Lycanroc-Midnight

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Arid Absoprtion [sv]
Glass Cutter
Meltdown
Fiery Wrath
Light Power
Run Away
Obstinacy
Brass Knuckles [sv]
Tactical Taser [sv]
Momentum Armor
Boomerang
Room Service
Dusclops+Dusknoir [sv]
Eeveelutions (BlueRay)
Dracovish
Galarian Birds

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Blackout
Hazy Shield
Mocking Jab
Heated Blade
Glass Cutter
Reconstruct
Shell Bell (adjusted)
Macho Brace (adjusted)

Paper Shuriken
Adaptive Belt
Reflect Stone
Boomerang
Hibernation
Regenerator (adjusted)
Light Power
Toxic Boost / Flare Boost (adjusted)
Rain Dish / Ice Body (adjusted)
Ghoul Presence
Zarude (Gravity Monkey)
Escavalier
Magmortar
Dragalge
Corsola-Galar line
Dusclops + Dusknoir

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Blackout
Hazy Shield
Mocking Jab
Heated Blade
Reconstruct
Crippling Assault
Glass Cutter
Melt Down
Heavy-Duty Boots (SV) (adjusted)
Shell Bell (adjusted)
Macho Brace (adjusted)

Paper Shuriken
Adaptive Belt
Reflect Stone
Cell Battery (adjusted)
Pacifist Treaty
Hibernation
Regenerator (adjusted)
Magic Touch
Libero (adjusted)
Light Power
Toxic Boost / Flare Boost (adjusted)
Rain Dish / Ice Body (adjusted)
Ghoul Presence
Zarude (Gravity Monkey)
Escavalier
Magmortar
Dragalge
Corsola-Galar line
Dusclops + Dusknoir
Zebstrika
Heliolisk
You can only vote for up to 6 in each category

Hypnosis (SV)
Forged Shot (Magmajudis)
Conflagration
Heavy-Duty Boots (ViZar)
Run Away (SV)
Opportunist (SV)
Regenerator (The Damned)
Magmortar (Paul)
Relicanth (Squawkerz)
Eeveelutions (Gravity Monkey)
Alakazam

Considering how limited the slates are in what will be accepted, a direction would be nice for the slate and submissions. G-Luke's point is a good one, because as it sits majority of these changes won't result in a very different OU scene for the PM in comparison to NatDex.

The changes that would, would be Heavy-Duty Boots and Regenerator, hence my votes for them.
As would the removal of Z-Moves.

Last edited:
Moves:
Electric Wave (SV), Aerial Ace, Hidden Force, Reconstruct, Spark, Focus Blast

Items:
Eviolith, Macho Brace, Blinding Armor, Photoscopier, Shelter Vest, Boomerang

Abilities:
Libero, Opportunist, Toxic/Flare Boost, Magical Touch, Hibernation, Regenerator

Pokémon:
Dunsparce, Alakazam, Zarude (Gravity Monkey), Archeops (Regicboat), Dragalge, Sunflora

Crackshot (SV)
Mega Launcher (SV)
Toxic Boost/Flare Boost (Yoshiblaze)
Light Power (Samtendo09)
Obstinacy (AquaticPanic)
Pickup (Beaf Cultist)
Fearow (SV)
Lapras (SV)
Eeveelutions (BlueRay)
Dunsparce (NeonNitroGlycerin)
Mightyena (Beaf Cultist)
Lycanroc-Midnight (BlueRay)
Shelter Vest (SV)
Slingshot (SV)
Boomerang (KeroseneZanchu)
Brass Knuckles (zxgzxg)
Deep Sea Tooth/Deep Sea Scale (earl)
Eviolith (Regic Boat)
Enlightened Punch (SV)
Hidden Force (SV)
Blackout (Yoshiblaze)
Forged Shot (Magmajudis)
Meltdown (AquaticPanic)
Snap Trap (Yoshiblaze)

Chatter (AquiticPanic)
Glass Cutter (Duo)
Mocking Jab (Gravity Monke)
Enlightened Punch (War Anvil)
Bird Trio Signatures (Earl)
Blunder Policy (sv)
Blinding Armor (Moretto)
Whipped Dream (Yoshiblaze)
Honey (Yoshiblaze)
Boomerang (Kerosene)
Maestro (sv)
Mastery (Duo)
Misty Maverick (Yoshiblaze)
Opportunist (Zorz)
Libero (Mossy)
Corvisquire (zxg)
Dusknoir Line (zxg)
Relicanth (Squawk)
Dunsparce (NNG)
Wigglytuff (Beaf Cult)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)