BDSP Battle Tower Discussion & Records

View attachment 390050

Never have I thought from the beginning that no one else would really get the 200 winstreaks before me ?
I honestly don't think of myself as a huge expert in Pokémon. I'm definitely not the best team builder nor the best pilot but I gotta tell you, I had the patience and patience was key indeed.

I remember when Lifecoach (A professional HearthStone player) was being made fun of for playing his games veeeeery slooooowly all the time. And one time I was watching him play, he ended up becoming the first player in the season to reach legend rank, thus he was rank 1 in Europe despite his slow games and time consumed on each turn. The lesson ?
QUALITY > QUANTITY

Slow and steady won me the race in the end. For almost every game, I was checking the database of battle tower sets and trainers so thank you so much for the people who made them and the calculator. I wouldn't have won a fraction of 200 without these tools.

THE WORLD ★ @ Sitrus Berry
Relaxed
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
IVs: 22 SpA / 0 Spe
- Gravity
- Trick Room
- Brick Break
- Night Shade

Fixalas @ Berry Juice
Level 1
Brave
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk
- Attract
- Rock Slide
- Endeavor
- Protect

Brdenoos B6a @ Wiki Berry
Brave
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Def
IVs: 18 SpA / 0 Spe
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Self-Destruct
- Crunch

D'3yyyyyyj ! @ Flame Orb
Brave
Ability: Guts
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Def / 112 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Fake Out

Ideal game:
Turn 1: Trick Room & Protect
Turn 2: Endeavor & Night Shade (Aron lives from Sturdy and heals from Berry Juice)
Turn 3: Endeavor & Night Shade the same side (Aron lives from Sturdy)
And now the 3rd Pokémon will not be summoned because it belongs to the other trainer, so it's always a 2v1 on the field.

Dusknoir:
I did not make the EVs for anything specific. First I wanted just full HP and euqal Def/Sp.Def but I think I moved some for Def later to maintain a higher sum. I could be mistaken but Frisk is theoretically useless because it will not help discover anything the database can't show. Se, Pressure is better but Frisk is for lazy people who don't wanna check the database sometimes. I was using Rock Slide instead of Brick Break earlier, but having an assuring attack vs Normal types is better and also doing AOE dmg is pretty useless because the main goal is to kill 2 pokémons from 1 side. Often times against (Brighter Power / Double Team) I would take a turn to use Gravity & Protect which boosts accuracy, and then do the Endeavor Night Shade combo again.

Aron:
I thought of having Rock Slide for a chance to flinch or finish 1 HP enemies, which doesn't come often of course. Maybe a 100% accuracy move would be better. Attract is not that great either, but it came in handy vs Garchomp's Rough Skin. I was thinking of Rain Dance to kill the snow vs Abomasnow-2&4 teams, but I can imagine it would lead to the same outcome if you just Protect turn 1. Endeavor turn 1 works in hail only when Aron tanks 1 hit and heals. Also I had the though of having Gluttony with Belly Drum, but then I figured Snorlax's main job is to be a quick solution to when things go wrong early, so I just wanna hit with him right away.

Hariyama: (Thanks to Zero for recommending this to me)
Before this, I was using Cresselia CM Moonlight Psychic Moonblast and she was doing great almost all the times. Later, I was thinking of Machamp, haven't tried him yet but I liked Hariayama's numbers more. Hariyama solves some problems in panic situations instead of being something that is just slow setup like Cresselia. What I mean by that is I aim to kill stuff fast on one side to get to the 2v1 and then everything is at ease.
EVs: Max Atk and ½ Def & ½ Sp.Def. @ 223 HP to have maximum HP/Def bulk with minimum Burn dmg taken since Burn does 1/16 max HP (rounding down).

Snowlax:
HP to get maximum (1/3) heal from Wiki Berry, rest is Atk & Def. I spent alot of time trying to catch a Munchlax in underground with Self-Destruct, yet I was always too afraid to use it xD.

I have also thought alot about having another Trick Room user, but I wonder "Fights eaither finish quickly or things can go bad early" early enough that Dimensions are still twisted, and that's when I'm in desperate need for my buddies Brdenoos/D'3yj. Alot of the times I lose a pokémon and the dimensions return to normal, but at that time the battle is pretty much already won and there's no need really for Trick Room to help the Bulky boys finish the game.

I have been in a situation once where both Hariyama and Snorlax were in love with a female, so I was gonna swap one of their genders for sure but they both have a low % chance to breed a female >.<
I humbly accept any criticism / suggestions to proving this team, so please feel free to share your ideas.
The streak is #ONGOING at 200 wins, but I'll definitely be slowing down / taking a break and getting back to my life as a student/musician. *sigh* I can finally rest now zzzzzzzz
Thank you Zero for providing me with pokémons
Thanks to the guy who traded me a Hariyama and the other who evolved my Dusclops (RIP Eviolite)

Discord: Altaria#0150
Thank you so much <3
This team is legit. Used it to get to my own rank 10 in Masters Doubles. Literally almost impossible to lose after one trainer is depleted of two Pokemon. I did have trouble using this team to rank up normal mode, solely because of Abomasnow Hail, and the stupid Scizor with technical Bullet Punches.

Attachments

Last edited:
Is there a reason for the 128/128 EV spread? Do you avoid a 2HKO with that spread? I'll follow your Spe advice and train mine with a 130 HP/252 Atk/124 SpD/4 Spe spread.

I have one extra Thief TM46 if you want :) Though wouldn't you need to remove the Leftovers for the move to have any effect?
There isn't a reason for that, Deneb. I initially put 128 128 because i needed it with some random bulk on SpD and 128 128 gives more spd bulk than 252 on HP, and I wanted that extra bulk for general purposes because Scizor was either switching in or taking some ice beams, focus blasts, psychics and shadow balls, but I didn't want to go full SpD Careful, which is another set of Scizor I like but i don't know how well would it fare in this tower.

I mean you can without a doubt improve the spread. I haven't done really specific calcs on exact teams 128 128 is standard to me but if you feel like calcing some specifics MUs and adjusting the spread to something more realistic or practical to you go for it!

Don't worry about the Thief =) About the last question, I just want it because X Scissor and Thieft acomplish the same thing. They both KO the same (or what is relevant to me) after an SD, but the difference is Thief does better against things like Iron Defense Bronzong, and specially, against other Scizors, because Scizor in itself is a problem to this team, and +2 Thief does a lot of damage.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

btw i wasnt gonna do it but i starter another run just for fun and for collecting some pbs, and i casually reached a 100 streak again with the same team at first try after my lost at 180.

You can still lose to lead Drifblim with minimize, but you can also run through the majority of the teams in the tower in very few turns and with the commodies of a battle stadium format team.

Last edited:
Anyone got a good strategy for taking this out?

Suicune-2PressureWacan BerryRestIcy WindCalm MindScaldBold252 HP / 252 Def105

My first thought was Blissey, but between pressure, rest & max PP for all its moves I don't think you can stall it out. The Starmie I was using can't take out more than a third of its life in a single hit & physical attackers are a no go with all that defense & bulk.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Mirror Coat

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Shadow Ball
- Scald

I was able to make it through master level 10 and ended up with a streak of 94. Pretty similar team to a lot of users already, lead Garchomp + defensive Suicune + fast special attacker. That formula should work pretty well to at least farm BP. Also, I usually don’t like running substitute on Garchomp, but it was actually essential since there are so many OHKO users and evasion spammers. It isn’t too much of a concern having just earthquake and outrage either, since Togekiss is the only Pokémon that is immune to both attacks and both Suicune and Raikou take care of it without much trouble.

I went through a few different 4th moves on Suicune before settling on mirror coat. I initially went with rest but I honestly don’t like how long the battles can take running the rest set properly. Mirror coat turned out to be a really nice option to not only speed up the length of the battles but also to get rid of fast special attackers like Alakazam, Latios, Latias, and Starmie, all of which could either out-speed or potentially give Garchomp or Raikou trouble.

Lastly, Raikou turned out to be a really nice partner for Garchomp and Suicune, especially with the additional coverage from access to scald. I initially played around with a life orb + calm mind in the 4th slot, since I was already running scald on Suicune, but the switch to choice specs made a big difference in Raikou’s effectiveness.

The loss came against a storm drain Gastrodon and it was my fault. It was running scald/earth power/recover/mirror coat. I knew I had to set up several calm minds with Suicune before I attacked because I was afraid of the mirror coat. I accidentally hit scald with Suicune and boosted it’s special attack. It burned me with a scald and hit two straight earth power crits, and that was the end.

This certainly isn’t the perfect team but it is straight-forward to use and can rack up BP pretty fast. The biggest concerns for this team were dragon dance users, especially if Suicune wasn’t 100% healthy. Other threats include opposing Garchomps, Starmie, and unaware Quagsire.

Attachments

Anyone got a good strategy for taking this out?

Suicune-2PressureWacan BerryRestIcy WindCalm MindScaldBold252 HP / 252 Def105

My first thought was Blissey, but between pressure, rest & max PP for all its moves I don't think you can stall it out. The Starmie I was using can't take out more than a third of its life in a single hit & physical attackers are a no go with all that defense & bulk.
If you have something of your own with Calm Mind/Rest that can stomach Suicune's attacks, you could get to +6 and stall out its damaging moves with CM/Rest spam, since it's not likely to use Calm Mind at +6 until it's out of attacking moves, it won't use Rest at full health, and you get three PP's worth of attacks out of each use of Rest. The enemy's Pressure only applies to moves that target the enemy, so you should be able to stall it out with Calm Mind and Rest alone so long as you have maxed PP on those moves. You'll still ultimately run out of PP before the enemy does in a strict 1v1, but if the enemy has any other 'Mons left, they will switch out when they run out of damaging moves, and if it's the enemy's last 'Mon, you can continue to stall with switches until they Struggle. Hilariously, your own CM Suicune's probably the most foolproof for this. It's boring but practical.

What is a good alternative to the CM suicune set? Unfortunately I have Pearl so it is not available without trading.
Some others in this thread have had success with Bold Magic Guard Clefable. You may also have success with Stockpile Quagsire, Acid Armor Vaporeon, or CM Latias (though, Latias will probably have issues dealing with Dragonite, Garchomp, and Salamence that the others do not).

View attachment 390050

Never have I thought from the beginning that no one else would really get the 200 winstreaks before me ?
I honestly don't think of myself as a huge expert in Pokémon. I'm definitely not the best team builder nor the best pilot but I gotta tell you, I had the patience and patience was key indeed.

I remember when Lifecoach (A professional HearthStone player) was being made fun of for playing his games veeeeery slooooowly all the time. And one time I was watching him play, he ended up becoming the first player in the season to reach legend rank, thus he was rank 1 in Europe despite his slow games and time consumed on each turn. The lesson ?
QUALITY > QUANTITY

Slow and steady won me the race in the end. For almost every game, I was checking the database of battle tower sets and trainers so thank you so much for the people who made them and the calculator. I wouldn't have won a fraction of 200 without these tools.

Relaxed
- Gravity
- Trick Room
- Brick Break
- Night Shade

Fixalas @ Berry Juice
Level 1
Brave
- Attract
- Rock Slide
- Endeavor
- Protect

Brave
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Self-Destruct
- Crunch

D'3yyyyyyj ! @ Flame Orb
Brave
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Fake Out

Ideal game:
Turn 2: Endeavor & Night Shade (Aron lives from Sturdy and heals from Berry Juice)
And now the 3rd Pokémon will not be summoned because it belongs to the other trainer, so it's always a 2v1 on the field.

Dusknoir:
I did not make the EVs for anything specific. First I wanted just full HP and euqal Def/Sp.Def but I think I moved some for Def later to maintain a higher sum. I could be mistaken but Frisk is theoretically useless because it will not help discover anything the database can't show. Se, Pressure is better but Frisk is for lazy people who don't wanna check the database sometimes. I was using Rock Slide instead of Brick Break earlier, but having an assuring attack vs Normal types is better and also doing AOE dmg is pretty useless because the main goal is to kill 2 pokémons from 1 side. Often times against (Brighter Power / Double Team) I would take a turn to use Gravity & Protect which boosts accuracy, and then do the Endeavor Night Shade combo again.

Aron:
I thought of having Rock Slide for a chance to flinch or finish 1 HP enemies, which doesn't come often of course. Maybe a 100% accuracy move would be better. Attract is not that great either, but it came in handy vs Garchomp's Rough Skin. I was thinking of Rain Dance to kill the snow vs Abomasnow-2&4 teams, but I can imagine it would lead to the same outcome if you just Protect turn 1. Endeavor turn 1 works in hail only when Aron tanks 1 hit and heals. Also I had the though of having Gluttony with Belly Drum, but then I figured Snorlax's main job is to be a quick solution to when things go wrong early, so I just wanna hit with him right away.

Before this, I was using Cresselia CM Moonlight Psychic Moonblast and she was doing great almost all the times. Later, I was thinking of Machamp, haven't tried him yet but I liked Hariayama's numbers more. Hariyama solves some problems in panic situations instead of being something that is just slow setup like Cresselia. What I mean by that is I aim to kill stuff fast on one side to get to the 2v1 and then everything is at ease.
EVs: Max Atk and ½ Def & ½ Sp.Def. @ 223 HP to have maximum HP/Def bulk with minimum Burn dmg taken since Burn does 1/16 max HP (rounding down).

Snowlax:
HP to get maximum (1/3) heal from Wiki Berry, rest is Atk & Def. I spent alot of time trying to catch a Munchlax in underground with Self-Destruct, yet I was always too afraid to use it xD.

I have also thought alot about having another Trick Room user, but I wonder "Fights eaither finish quickly or things can go bad early" early enough that Dimensions are still twisted, and that's when I'm in desperate need for my buddies Brdenoos/D'3yj. Alot of the times I lose a pokémon and the dimensions return to normal, but at that time the battle is pretty much already won and there's no need really for Trick Room to help the Bulky boys finish the game.

I have been in a situation once where both Hariyama and Snorlax were in love with a female, so I was gonna swap one of their genders for sure but they both have a low % chance to breed a female >.<
I humbly accept any criticism / suggestions to proving this team, so please feel free to share your ideas.
The streak is #ONGOING at 200 wins, but I'll definitely be slowing down / taking a break and getting back to my life as a student/musician. *sigh* I can finally rest now zzzzzzzz
Thanks to the guy who traded me a Hariyama and the other who evolved my Dusclops (RIP Eviolite)

Thank you so much <3
I've been wondering, why are you using Hariyama and Snorlax as the Pokemon that back up your Dusknoir and Aron? I feel there could be other powerhouses that fill those spots way better. Metagross, CroCune, Garchomp, Latios, T-Tar, Cloyster, or even mons with a lot of coverage such as Infernape, Alakazam. Why not go for those instead of the two almost "mediocre" Hariyama and Snorlax?

Alright, managed to hit 105 with this last night so I wanted to post about it. It's boring, old rain but I've been finding it pretty fun. Anyway, let's begin....

Pelipper @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: HT/xx/HT/HT/HT/HT
Mild Nature (minted to Modest)
- Brine
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Protect

This Pelipper was kindly donated to me by Eisenherz. It's pretty much just a standard Pelipper, so nothing too special about it. Brine is great for finishing off bulkier targets such as Cresselia, Regigigas, Regice, etc. Hurricane is 100% accurate in Rain, blah, blah, blah. Tailwind can be a bit awkward to use sometimes since Pelipper is slow and will most likely take a bad hit trying to set it but it's almost always worth so. Focus Sash makes it great bait too. I mean, it's Pelipper. There really isn't much else to say except that's it's pretty damn good thanks to Drizzle.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 31/xx/31/HT/HT/31
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Shadow Ball

First off, Raikou is no Tapu Koko. Raikou still hits pretty damn hard but it can't quite OHKO everything. Thunder is the main bread and butter here as it hits incredibly hard and is of course, 100% accurate in rain. Bright Powder? What's that? Double Team? Yeah, right. Raikou has some problems breaking bulkier foes down sometimes but having Pelipper use Brine is usually more than enough to pick up KOs. One of the biggest buffs to Raikou comes in the form of Scald. Raikou was gifted this wonderful move back in SwSh and it kept it here in BDSP. I was a little doubtful at first but it's proven itself useful for handling annoying Ground-types that Raikou normally wouldn't be able to handle. Shadow Ball is here as it's Raikou's best 4th attack. I was originally gonna replace it with Aura Sphere once Home was updated but that's not going to happen for a while. Besides, I've been quite liking Shadow Ball as it helps deal with the Lati@s and such.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 84 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 12 SpD / 164 Spe
IVs: 31/xx/HT/HT/HT/HT
Quirky Nature (minted to Modest)
- Scald
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

This Kingdra was also donated to me by Eisenherz. Kingdra's pretty great, although it does feel a little weak at times even with the Life Orb. It's EV'd to outspeed everything up to Scarf Salamence in Rain, without Tailwind. With Tailwind, however, it does outspeed everything in the Tower. Scald and Dragon Pulse are main STABS and there isn't much to say about them. Ice Beam, however, is ass. I wish Kingdra had access to Hurricane right now.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 204 HP / 4 Atk / 12 Def / 220 SpD / 68 Spe
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Fling
- Substitute
- Protect

Finally, we have Gliscor. Bit of an odd choice for a Rain team, but it's been working out pretty well. The spread comes from this Josh C. team over on the Tree Leaderboard. My plan was to update the spread as the streak continues but so far, I haven't really needed to do that. It takes neutral hits with ease and can stall pretty well. It's also a great switch-in for Ground and Electric-type attacks targeted at either of the leads. However, I think the most notable thing here is Fling. As of right now, Gliscor can't learn Toxic in BDSP. So, I had some trouble what I would want over it. Level 51 said Fling could work so I slapped it on there and it kinda does? I mean, I'd much rather have Toxic since I can use that multiple times but Fling is pretty nice for the little damage it does. Since the BDSP Battle Tower teams are all preset and you already know the whole team based on the trainer name and leads, it's pretty easy to figure out when Fling would be best used. Earthquake is pretty good damage as well if needed.

And that's it for now. I've been having a bit of fun with this team so far and I'm hoping it can get far.
Version Proof

This ended up losing at battle 172 so my final streak was 171. I was a little bummed this happened because it was right after Q8altaria won our Race to 200 and I was determined to be the second one there at least (congratulations btw!). It was a very poorly played battle vs the duo of Ellis and Irene. I'll put the blurb of notes below:
Battle 172 vs Ellis and Irene
Abomasnow-4 / Bronzong-3 / ???? / Rotom-Wash-2
Turn 1 - Raikou and Pelipper KO'd Bronzong with Shadow Ball+Brine. Abomasnow used Blizzard, heavy damage to Raikou and Pelipper.
Turn 2 - Rotom-Wash comes in. Switch Pelipper out for Kingdra. Abomasnow Protects. Raikou uses Shadow Ball on Rotom. Rotom uses Discharge, no paralysis on Kingdra.
Turn 3 - Shadow Ball+Dragon Pulse on Rotom. Abomasnow uses Blizzard.
Turn 4 -Switch Raikou out for Pelipper, rain returns. Kingdra Dragon Pulse crit on Rotom, goes down. Abomasnow uses Blizzard, Kingdra survives on 2HP.
Turn 5 - switch Kingdra out for Gliscor. Pelipper uses Hurricane, brings Abomasnow down to Sash. No confusion. Abomasnow KOs Pelipper and Gliscor with Blizzard.
Turn 6 - Kingdra back in. KOs Abomasnow with Dragon Pulse but faints to Life Orb recoil.

The last Pokemon could have either been Rhyperior-4 or Torkoal-2.

And finally some noteworthy battles:
Battle 23 vs Myron / Natalia
Suicune-5 / Garchomp-7 / Togekiss-4 / Tyranitar-4
Turn 1 - Volt Switch Suicune, ~45% after Sitrus Berry; Gliscor in, Garchomp crits Suicune with EQ, Pelipper and Suicune set Tailwind
Turn 2 - Gliscor Protects, Garchomp uses Rock Slide, Pelipper doesn't flinch and KOs Suicune with Hurricane
Turn 3 - Togekiss in. Switch out Pelipper for Raikou, Gliscor Flings Toxic Orb at Togekiss. Garchomp uses Rock Slide, Togekiss sets Light Screen
Turn 4 - Raikou KOs Togekiss with Thunder. Garchomp KOs Raikou with Earthquake. Gliscor sets up Sub.
Turn 5 - Kingdra Protects, Garchomp whiffs Dragon Claw into Protect. Gliscor hits Garchomp with EQ. Rain expires.
Turn 6 - Switch out Gliscor back to Pelipper, rain returns. Kingdra KOs Garchomp with Ice Beam.
Turn 7 - Tyranitar in. Switch Pelipper back to Gliscor. Kingdra uses Scald into Ttar. Ttar whiffs Thunder Punch on Gliscor.
Turn 8 - Switch Gliscor back out to Pelipper, Kingdra Scald finishes off Tyranitar.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battle 27 vs Jaylin / Denver
Garchomp-2 / Abomasnow-2 / Aggron-2 / Floatzel-2
Turn 1 - Switch out Pelipper to Gliscor, Raikou uses Scald on Garchomp, crits. Garchomp EQs, Raikou survives on 2HP. Abomasnow Wood Hammers Gliscor. Raikou faints to Hail.
Turn 2 - Send in Pelipper, rain comes back. Garchomp uses Stealth Rock. Gliscor KOs with Earthquake. Pelipper KOs Abomasnow with Hurricane.
Turn 3 - Aggron and Floatzel in. Switch Gliscor out to Kingdra. Floatzel uses Ice Beam on Kingdra. Pelipper uses Brine on Aggron, survives with Sturdy. Aggron uses Avalanche on Kingdra. Kingdra survives with 69 HP.
Turn 4 - Floatzel uses Crunch on Kingdra, survives with 20HP. Kingdra KOs Floatzel with Dragon Pulse. Pelipper KOs Aggron with Brine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battle 67 vs Christa / Demetri
Honchkrow-2 / Latias-1 / Suicune-3 / Manectric-3
Turn 1 - Raikou used Thunder, KO'd Honchkrow. Latias used Psychic on Raikou. Pelipper used Hurricane on Latias.
Turn 2 - Demetri sends in Suicune. Christa switches Latias out for Manectric. Raikou's Thunder caught on Lightning Rod. Hurricane does little damage to Suicune. Suicune uses Calm Mind.
Turn 3 - Double switch: Raikou for Kingdra, Pelipper for Gliscor. Manectric's Thunder does nothing to Gliscor. Suicune KOs Gliscor with Ice Beam.
Turn 4 - Raikou back in. Kingdra OHKOs Manectric with Scald. Raikou uses Thunder on Suicune, does heavy damage and paralyzes Suicune. Suicune Rests and wakes up with Chesto Berry.
Turn 5 - Latias back in. Kingdra KOs Latias with Dragon Pulse. Raikou uses Thunder again on Suicune, survives. Suicune KOs Raikou with Scald.
Turn 6 - Pelipper back in, rain returns. Kingdra's Dragon Pulse+Pelipper's Hurricane KO Suicune.

Battle 94 vs Alonso / Daron
Ursaring-2 / Porygon2-2 / Articuno-3 / Suicune-1
Turn 1 - Raikou uses Thunder on Ursaring, KOs. Pelipper uses Hurricane on Porygon2. Porygon2 uses Tri Attack on Raikou and freezes.
Turn 2 - Articuno3 comes out. Raikou stays frozen. Articuno hits Pelipper with Ice Beam. Pelipper KOs Porygon2 with Hurricane.
Turn 3 - Suicune1 comes out. Pelipper switches out Kingdra. Raikou stays frozen. Articuno uses Ice Beam on Kingdra. Suicune uses HAIL.
Turn 4 - Raikou switched out for Pelipper, rain comes back. Kingdra uses Scald on Articuno. Articuno KOs Pelipper with Ice Beam. Suicune uses Scald on Kingdra.
Turn 5 - Raikou back out. Kingdra finish off Articuno with Scald. Raikou thaws with Scald and hits Suicune. Suicune sets Hail again.
Turn 6 - Raikou and Kingdra hit Suicune with Scald+Dragon Pulse. Suicune uses Blizzard, Raikou survives and Kingdra goes down.
Turn 7 - Gliscor out. Raikou KOs Suicune with one final Scald.

Battle 141 vs Lionel / Abbey
Bellossom-2 / Torkoal-2 / Rhyperior-4 / Cresselia-6
Turn 1 - Pelipper switches out to Kingdra. Bellossom hits Raikou with Solar Beam. Raikou hits Torkoal with Volt Switch, crits. Torkoal faints. Pelipper back in, rain back in.
Turn 2 - Cresselia comes in. Switch Kingdra out to Gliscor. Pelipper hits Bellossom with Hurricane, brings down to Sash. Bellossom hits Gliscor with Moonblast. Cresselia sets Trick Room.
Turn 3 - Pelipper Protects. Cresselia hits Gliscor with Psychic. Bellossom uses Moonblast, fails vs Pelipper's Protect. Gliscor Flings Toxic Orb at Cress.
Turn 4 - Gliscor Protects. Cress uses Psychic on Gliscor, fails. Bellossom uses Moonblast on Pelipper, gets Special Attack drop. Pelipper hits Cresselia with Hurricane, no confusion.
Turn 5 - Switch Pelipper out to Kingdra. Cresselia and Bellossom hit Kingdra with Psychic and Moonblast respectively. Gliscor uses Substitute.
Turn 6 - Rain expires. Switch Kingdra back to Pelipper, rain returns. Cresselia and Bellossom double up on Pelipper slot with Moonblast, Pelippergoes down. Gliscor uses Earthquake, KOs Bellossom. Trick Room expires. Cresselia survives Toxic tick with sliver of health. Heals with Wiki Berry.
Turn 7 - Raikou comes in. AI sends in Rhyperior, thank god.Gliscor Protects. Raikou locks into Scald, KOs Rhyperior. Cress sets Trick Room again.
Turn 8 - Gliscor Protects again, fails. Cresselia hits Gliscor Sub with Psychic, does not KO Sub. Raikou finishes battle with Scald.

Last edited:
I've been wondering, why are you using Hariyama and Snorlax as the Pokemon that back up your Dusknoir and Aron? I feel there could be other powerhouses that fill those spots way better. Metagross, CroCune, Garchomp, Latios, T-Tar, Cloyster, or even mons with a lot of coverage such as Infernape, Alakazam. Why not go for those instead of the two almost "mediocre" Hariyama and Snorlax?
The whole crux of the team involves setting up Trick Room in turn one to let Aron move faster. Choosing back-up pokemon that are fast would mean that they would likely be moving last while Trick Room is active. Hariyama and Snorlax has tons of natural bulk and hit hard as well and while Trick Room is up they are some of the "fastest" Pokemon you can have. They just synergize better than Latios or Garchomp can for the team.

So I finally got the black trainer card, which is essentially the 5-star max you can get in this game. Was bored and took a break from masters singles, so I decided to get the 100 in classic singles. Took about 4 hours of my life and was a bit easier to deal with than Masters.

Team I used:

Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- U-turn
- Giga Drain

Straightforward, you click Bug Buzz and it either OHKO or at minimum 2HKO every in the tower. Not much needs to be said (funny enough, it OHKOed Palmer's Rhyperior from full LOL - twice)

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

All out attacker, just click the appropriate moves, and hit as hard as you can.

Scizor (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance

Same one I used for masters. BP is there if you need priority. SD accordingly and roost to avoid potential 2hkos and crits.

Once I got closer to palmer's second team (Regigigas, Cresselia, and Heatran), I subbed out both scizor and yanmega. You can change teams per round but only before playing the 5th match. Plan accordingly and make any changes if you feel like your team needs adjustments. Once you enter the 5th match, you can't take break (i.e. switch teams and you have to play it out the rest of the round)

Tyranitar GIF - Tyranitar - Discover & Share GIFs

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

First sub of the team. This pretty much destroys Palmer's second team as it hard walls that psychic fat fuck, OHKOs heatran with EQ and can easy setup on regigigas. Sand is very useful in break sashes, something that can get annoying in the later round.

Rotom Wash GIF - Rotom Wash Washing Machine - Discover & Share GIFs

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 108 SpA / 72 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

You honestly don't need protect, I would have probably used t-wave to disrupt more. This can potentially solo Palmer's first team (Milotic, Dragonite, and Rhyperior). Very useful against Milotic since this snake ass mon is incredibly bulky and has access to the bane of status moves that is Hypnosis. Burn rhyperior and dragonite and you win. Volt Switch > Thunderbolt go that you can safely bring in mons that can deal with others. This is your special attack sponge as well, can can deal with water types that may see this team struggle against.

I livestreamed by 100-win run, links are there if you wanna see how it went:
Part 1-
Part 2 -
And here is my video showing the Pokemon I used for Singles Classics and Master + explanations:

Because Hariyama has guts, fake out, knock off, close combat. Not much of anything survives hayiyama when it has the guts activated and moves first (Assuming Aron has already died). And Snorlax fires off stab double edges and self destructs and already has big enough bulk. I use the same team and already have my own 200 win streak in doubles masters class.

The whole crux of the team involves setting up Trick Room in turn one to let Aron move faster. Choosing back-up pokemon that are fast would mean that they would likely be moving last while Trick Room is active. Hariyama and Snorlax has tons of natural bulk and hit hard as well and while Trick Room is up they are some of the "fastest" Pokemon you can have. They just synergize better than Latios or Garchomp can for the team.
Because Hariyama has guts, fake out, knock off, close combat. Not much of anything survives hayiyama when it has the guts activated and moves first (Assuming Aron has already died). And Snorlax fires off stab double edges and self destructs and already has big enough bulk. I use the same team and already have my own 200 win streak in doubles masters class.
Right, got ya. In my experience, when Lax and Hariyama are finally sent outm the effects of Trick Room are already gone anyway. I've been using this strat and got to a 70+ streak (still ongoing). In my opinion Lax feels kind of weak, although Hariyama's Fake Out + CC often come in really handy.

Last edited:
Right, got ya. In my experience, when Lax and Hariyama are finally sent outm the effects of Trick Room are already gone anyway. I've been using this strat and got to a 70+ streak (still ongoing). In my opinion Lax feels kind of weak, although Hariyama's Fake Out + CC often come in really handy.
The main win condition is reaching the 2v1 state. Trick Room then is not a huge issue anymore. But Trick Room will be still active when Lax/Hari are REALLY needed.

Hi, sorry if this is some offtopic but it's my first time doing Battle Tower Streaks and I wanted to know whether it is possible to save the progress in the event of losing a battle. Which are the conditions in which the streak resets?

Hi, sorry if this is some offtopic but it's my first time doing Battle Tower Streaks and I wanted to know whether it is possible to save the progress in the event of losing a battle. Which are the conditions in which the streak resets?
A streak will reset if you lose your battle, run from the battle (which is ultimately the same as losing), or reset the game while you're in the middle of a Tower challenge. It can't be preserved through a loss/quit, and the only way to keep your streak through that would be by tampering with the save data through hacking or reloading a backup save. That obviously makes the streak illegitimate for the purpose of this thread, though, and if you're going that far just for the in-game rewards, you may as well just use cheats to give yourself unlimited BP/items.

lax is helpful but mainly only helps me to counter shadow balls from frostless and genders

After experimenting a bunch with different teams, I finally managed to find one that I'm reasonably happy with. I've now cleared Singles Master Rank 10, and have an ongoing 35-win streak with this team.

Magneton@Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid (+Spe -Atk)
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Tri Attack
-Volt Switch

Got destroyed one too many times at rank 9 by OHKO moves, and decided I needed something with Sturdy. After looking at my options, though, I was dismayed to find out that everything that gets Sturdy in BDSP is slooooow. So I thought maybe I could Scarf one. But Skarmory's attacking stats aren't really good enough to pull off a Scarf set with, and Magnezone, Relicanth, Regirock, and the other fully-evolved Pokemon with Sturdy don't quite hit the Speed benchmarks I'd like to reach even with a Scarf. But then I thought... what about Magneton? It's faster than Magnezone--just barely fast enough to hit 201 Speed, enough to outspeed everything except some Choice Scarf users and Electrode. Its Special Attack is a little lower than Magnezone's, but it's still good. As for its defenses... well, at least Sturdy almost ensures it'll be able to attack at least twice.

Was a little iffy about using an NFE, but decided it was worth a try. And... it works pretty well! It's a potent revenge killer, and it can take out a lot of things that are weak to its STABs in one hit. And it feels cathartic to hard-wall all those Dewgongs, Walreins, and Articunos whose only attacks are OHKO moves.

Dragonite@Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Jolly (+Spe -SpA)
EVs: 252 Atk, 172 Spe, 84 HP
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Extreme Speed
-Dragon Dance

It resists everything Magneton is weak to, making it an easy switch-in against a lot of stuff Magneton can't handle, and its Outrage hits hard. Speed EVs allow it to reach 201 speed at +1.

Extreme Speed--one of the main reasons I'm using Dragonite and not Salamence--is really helpful for revenge kills. Certain Focus Sash users would be a problem for me without any priority moves.

Clefable@Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Bold (+Def -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP, 156 Def, 92 SpD, 4 Spe, 4 SpA
-Moonblast
-Fling
-Calm Mind
-Moonlight

I'm still experimenting with this one. I really, really wanted something with Toxic on my team to deal with certain walls, but none of the Pokemon that actually learn Toxic in this game fit onto my team very well. Clefable was always something that I felt would fit well on my team, but sadly it doesn't get Toxic anymore. So I ultimately decided to try to see if the Toxic Orb/Fling combo people were using with Gliscor would work with Clefable. And... well, I'd rather have Toxic, but it's not bad. The fact that you can only use it once can be a problem though, especially if it misses. I may try getting rid of Fling for something else, but I'm afraid I'll get hard-walled by the likes of Unaware Quagsire if I do.

The Toxic Orb by itself is helpful too. Being poisoned means I can send it in against sleep users more easily, and it means I can tank Ice Beams all day without having to worry about a random freeze.

I'm still considering using Wish over Moonlight. But I might have to carry Protect too if I do that.

I have 4 EVs on Speed in order to outspeed Abomasnow-6 and Abomasnow-8, which are big threats to my team. The 4 EVs on Special Attack are only there because that's the only place they'll actually do anything.

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hey, made a tool for Doubles (Master class only). Thanks to SadisticMystic for the data this is based off! I present DoubleCheck, the Doubles-specific successor to the Battle Tree Informant.

Some notes about the tool:
  • There are currently three Team Search tabs. They all do the same thing, but present data in a slightly different way; you're encouraged to pick your favorite and hide the other tabs (right-click tab > Hide Sheet). I think I personally prefer v0.1, but your tastes may differ. Thanks to Eisenherz for test-running them and giving feedback about user-friendliness!
    • Team Search v0: This is the plan lined, no-nonsense format everyone's used to. You can flip which order the trainers appear in (Left above Right or Right above Left) using the checkbox in the Settings page
    • Team Search v0.1: This is a mostly experimental format that aims to be more visually similar to the actual layout of the battle, which may hopefully be useful?
    • Team Search v0.2: Item names are replaced by images; Pokemon images are also there because why not, it's nice.
  • There's now a Focus feature. In the case that the opposing pair has multiple possible teams, once you determine which team it is you can use this feature to eliminate excess data. Simply enter 1, 2, or 3 into the Focus box depending on which of the listed teams you'd like to focus on.
  • There's now a Context++ sheet, where you can search for all teams which contain a Pokemon that matches a particular attribute. Currently, this supports Species, Types, Abilities, Items, Moves, and Natures (I have no idea why either lol).
    Some potential use cases:
    • When teambuilding, check whether that particular threatening lead you're thinking about will really appear as a lead, and when it does, how dangerous its partner might be.
    • Missed trainer names at the start? You can re-obtain the information with this sheet.
Some issues you may run into:
  • I don't know how generous Serebii is with image calls, and every battle on the "newer UI" sheet makes 8 to 24 of them. If your images stop loading after a while, you should probably give up and use one of the older versions.
  • I haven't tested this suuuuuper thoroughly, so if anything breaks, drop me a note on Discord at Level 51#0375. The things that are most likely to break are the images.
I hope people actually play Doubles lol, this took a few hours to put together

Last edited:
View attachment 390050

QUALITY > QUANTITY

Relaxed
- Gravity
- Trick Room
- Brick Break
- Night Shade

Fixalas @ Berry Juice
Level 1
Brave
- Attract
- Rock Slide
- Endeavor
- Protect

Brave
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Self-Destruct
- Crunch

D'3yyyyyyj ! @ Flame Orb
Brave
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Fake Out

Ideal game:

Dusknoir:

Aron:

Snowlax:

Thank you so much <3
First post ever. Just wanted to thank you for the team and write up. It is fire. I spent a few days trading and breeding (got a shiny Hariyama, was super stoked even though crap IVs lol)
Only at Rank 3 right now, but having so much fun.
Again, huge thank you!

I've only just started Master Class Singles (so the holes in this team should start really appearing now), but this team got me through Regular Singles pretty smoothly on the 2nd attempt (after learning the hard way why leading with an Intimidate mon can be a bad idea). Nothing on the team is version-exclusive and everything is breedable, but Magemite is a pain to breed.

ApexPredator
Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
Ability: Sand Veil (can't afford Ability Patch yet)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IVs: 31/31/31/0/31/31
- Earthquake (was Bulldoze until I could afford another TM26)
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

The same/similar Garchomp sets have been used throughout this thread. Immune to Electric (which Gyarados is very weak to) and resists Rock and Fire (which Gyarados and Magnezone respectively are weak to).

Dragon Gate
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 180 HP / 124 Atk / 204 Spe
IVs: 31/31/31/11/31/31
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Reaches 193 HP for maximum Leftovers recovery and to leave 1 HP remaining after putting up 5 Substitutes. This happens to also create strong enough Substitutes to take a single non-critical Dragon Pulse from Palmer's Milotic in his initial fight. Outspeeds max speed Alakazam and Dugtrio after a single DD (though ideally multiple boosts are wanted). The remaining EVs went into Atk. I forgot to check beforehand whether any of this was even going to be relevant...

Immune to Ground (which Magnezone is very weak to) and resists Fighting and Fire (which Magezone is weak to). Be wary of leading with Gyarados as the team doesn't like dealing with +2 SpA Competitive Milotic. The lack of a 3rd attacking move is noticeable, but it's nice being able to turn some of the more gimmicky sets into setup fodder with Substitute.

Faraday
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
IVs: 31/19/31/31/31/31
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave (not sure what 4th move to run)

The things 252 Spe EVs would outspeed or speed-tie with that 236 Spe EVs don't are mostly things I don't want to use Magnezone against anyway. Max SpA and the rest into HP for a little more bulk. I'll admit though that I didn't spend very long thinking about this spread.

Resists Ice and Electric (which Garchomp and Gyarados respectively are very weak to), Dragon and Fairy (which Garchomp is weak to), and Rock (which Gyarados is weak to). So far Flash Cannon has seen more use than I was expecting, and I'm not sure what to do with the 4th move slot.

The defensive synergy of the team initially sounds better than it really is, especially as strong-but-bulky Water-types with Ice coverage can put a significant dent in the team. Gyarados can set up on Water-types with low damage output and sweep in spite of both attacking moves being resisted, but for stronger Water-types the team depends on Magnezone (the one member of the team without any protection from random Ice Beam freezes, and who can still take significant damage from Hydro Pumps). It still remains to be seen how quickly this team can fall apart in Master Class.

I just finished my 49th win in regular singles in Brilliant Diamond, so I'm happy about that. I'll finish my streak in regular singles before going on to masters. Things about my team: since there isn't compatibility with Pokemon Home and there are no Pokemon generation 5+ anyway, I have restricted myself in my battle tower Pokemon by declaring:
#1) No Pokemon that involve trading, either required to evolve or brought in from Shining Pearl. (There aren't many people I know that I can trade with.)
#2) No Pokemon that I already have EV trained sitting in my Pokemon Home or Pokemon Shield. I know Home compatibility will come in the future so I'd rather not recreate Pokemon I already have. This means that in addition to Pokemon that require trading, I am not allowing myself to use the following Pokemon from generations 1-4:
Cloyster, Tyranitar, Glaceon, Leafeon, Cresselia, Flareon, Blaziken, Raikou, Latios, Aerodactyl, Espeon, Umbreon, Gallade, Dragonite, Swampert, Flygon, Absol, Arcanine, Gyarados, Kingdra, Entei, Lucario, Shedinja, Metagross, Jolteon, Salamence, Heatran, Mamoswine, Charizard, Kabutops, Omastar, Vaporeon, Exeggutor, Garchomp, Drapion.

The team that I've had the most success with, thus far at least, is Dodrio, Blastoise, Mesprit. More details about them once/if I get a streak that's leaderboard-eligible.

Anyways, I am so happy that Battle Tower streaks are back, not those fake streaks in sword/shield. Working toward getting long leaderboard-eligible streaks and designing teams and for it is my favorite thing about Pokemon. :3

After experimenting a bunch with different teams, I finally managed to find one that I'm reasonably happy with. I've now cleared Singles Master Rank 10, and have an ongoing 35-win streak with this team.

Magneton@Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid (+Spe -Atk)
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Tri Attack
-Volt Switch

Got destroyed one too many times at rank 9 by OHKO moves, and decided I needed something with Sturdy. After looking at my options, though, I was dismayed to find out that everything that gets Sturdy in BDSP is slooooow. So I thought maybe I could Scarf one. But Skarmory's attacking stats aren't really good enough to pull off a Scarf set with, and Magnezone, Relicanth, Regirock, and the other fully-evolved Pokemon with Sturdy don't quite hit the Speed benchmarks I'd like to reach even with a Scarf. But then I thought... what about Magneton? It's faster than Magnezone--just barely fast enough to hit 201 Speed, enough to outspeed everything except some Choice Scarf users and Electrode. Its Special Attack is a little lower than Magnezone's, but it's still good. As for its defenses... well, at least Sturdy almost ensures it'll be able to attack at least twice.

Was a little iffy about using an NFE, but decided it was worth a try. And... it works pretty well! It's a potent revenge killer, and it can take out a lot of things that are weak to its STABs in one hit. And it feels cathartic to hard-wall all those Dewgongs, Walreins, and Articunos whose only attacks are OHKO moves.

Dragonite@Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Jolly (+Spe -SpA)
EVs: 252 Atk, 172 Spe, 84 HP
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Extreme Speed
-Dragon Dance

It resists everything Magneton is weak to, making it an easy switch-in against a lot of stuff Magneton can't handle, and its Outrage hits hard. Speed EVs allow it to reach 201 speed at +1.

Extreme Speed--one of the main reasons I'm using Dragonite and not Salamence--is really helpful for revenge kills. Certain Focus Sash users would be a problem for me without any priority moves.

Clefable@Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Bold (+Def -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP, 156 Def, 92 SpD, 4 Spe, 4 SpA
-Moonblast
-Fling
-Calm Mind
-Moonlight

I'm still experimenting with this one. I really, really wanted something with Toxic on my team to deal with certain walls, but none of the Pokemon that actually learn Toxic in this game fit onto my team very well. Clefable was always something that I felt would fit well on my team, but sadly it doesn't get Toxic anymore. So I ultimately decided to try to see if the Toxic Orb/Fling combo people were using with Gliscor would work with Clefable. And... well, I'd rather have Toxic, but it's not bad. The fact that you can only use it once can be a problem though, especially if it misses. I may try getting rid of Fling for something else, but I'm afraid I'll get hard-walled by the likes of Unaware Quagsire if I do.

The Toxic Orb by itself is helpful too. Being poisoned means I can send it in against sleep users more easily, and it means I can tank Ice Beams all day without having to worry about a random freeze.

I'm still considering using Wish over Moonlight. But I might have to carry Protect too if I do that.

I have 4 EVs on Speed in order to outspeed Abomasnow-6 and Abomasnow-8, which are big threats to my team. The 4 EVs on Special Attack are only there because that's the only place they'll actually do anything.
Streak cut short at 66 due to a terrible misplay on my part. Switched in Clefable to the Latias on Beauty Noelle's team. The Latias proceeded to set up Calm Mind. I started setting up Calm Minds as well, but its Calm Minds caused Stored Power to snowball in power, and I ultimately couldn't stand up to it. The Latias doesn't carry any Dragon or Ice moves, so if I'd switched in Dragonite rather than Clefable at the beginning I most likely would've won. Oh well.

I don't use it often, but Fling has come in handy vs. opposing Calm Mind users and a Milotic with Haze, so I'm thinking I'll probably keep it the way it is for now.

And of course, The Grand Lookup Sheet in line with the others in my series. Due to the different method of team generation here, I had to rearrange some things, to accommodate the new style. Hopefully it still works the way to want it to.
Since you made that sheet, you can probably answer this question: Is there an easy way to switch the primary trainer language of the sheet? I've been trying to do so, but there are so many functions that feed into each other, I couldn't figure out where I needed to switch which gear before other things started to break.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)