Project The sixth annual Secret Santa!

Hello Milah you requested a team with meteor beam Archeops and here's what I made:

:Archeops: :Silvally-Ground: :Sandslash-Alola: :Uxie: :Ribombee: :Wishiwashi:

My first thought about this Archeops was the possibility of luring Ferroseed and levitate Weezing (if that ever appears) and how it could struggle with the defensive rock types, due to these traits Silvally-Ground felt like the perfect partner and started to build from there. Decided to use an admittedly passive defensive core with spd Sandslash-Alola to remove hazards, check ice-types, and to be the steel-type of the team (I feel like steel stab is necessary to beat Frosmoth and not risk losing to fairies) spikes also can be very useful to chip things and I picked Uxie to check fighting-types and almost any physical attacker in a pinch as long they are not a substitute user. Ribombee occupies the fairy-type slot and also brings some more speed to the team and Wishiwashi finishes the team to get a secondary Charizard check (this EV spread is supposed to avoid a 2hko from Hurricane even with rocks up)

While I was building this team I thought it would be funny if I turned it into a hail team so here's a little bonus:
:Archeops: :Silvally-Ground: :Sandslash-Alola: :Uxie: :Vanilluxe: :Whimsicott:

This is a fun team, the principle is the same as the original version, except that Sandslash is now offensive with Vanilluxe over Wishiwashi to provide hail and Whimsicott over Ribombee because I felt that the grass typing would be useful to soak up water moves. You could consider making a few changes like removing spin for knock on Sandslash and giving defog for Whimsicott but it's up for your preference. Giga Drain is probably better than Energy Ball on Whimiscott to keep longevity but in the paste I kept what I used during the tests.

And here's one more:
:Archeops: :Tsareena: :Togedemaru: :Ribombee: :Druddigon: :Cinccino:

Now with 100% less Silvally-Ground. Tsareena scares most stuff that bothers Archeops while also removing hazards, which is great for a rock weak pokemon without boots. Was thinking about running Toge + Druddigon since I would get a fairy and ice check that gives some longevity for something that can check opposing Tsar and other physical attackers like Silvally. Ribombee once again is the speed control + fairy type and can take advantage of things being weakened for the late game. I will say in advance that Cinccino sucks but I felt like finishing the team with a pokemon that outspeeds opposing Arch and Zard while being more threatening initially than bee and it also gives a ghost immunity, which is kinda cool, but could probably be changed for something else if you prefer.

Happy holidays!

:Delibird: Merry Christmas wesh papillon :Delibird:

You requested to your beloved PU Secret Santa a team around Dubwool. If you requested this in the past metagames it could have been easier for me but rn Dubwool is not that good. Ofc it has good bulk and so on but in general it is hard to pull through teams with Charizard and Jellicent around. So the idea of the team will be using Dubwool as a wincon/physical tank and some ways to deterr Charizard/Jellicent from the opponent's team. Without further ado:
https://pokepast.es/00ef2095f772eb73
:Dubwool: :Corsola: :Jellicent: :Scrafty: :Charizard: :Tsareena:
Clicke the sprites for the paste!

The initial Pokémon was Dubwool. I opted for full physical EV spread to get some damage with Body Press without Cotton Guard (you will not be always able to do some CGuards each time it is on the field) and RestTalk bc it is great for status and HP. Afterwards, I added Scrafty which can be a breaker/wincon to help against most Jellicent sets and it has a good SpDef bulk that helps Dubwool and both can beat each other resistances. Jellicent was also added bc it helps against some resistanced deffensively of Dubwool (Ghost and Fightying-type Pokémon). Tsareena was then added bc entry hazard removal + pivotting around and it is a great Pokémon in the tier. Charizard also gives you some SpAtk in your team and it is amazing wallbreaking (it can switch against Fairy-type which love to enter against both Dubwool and Scrafty). Finally, I needed a rocker and some way to deal against SpAtk Charizard. I chose to run Corsola who can do both things more or less accuretly and it is a niche peak that many people underrate in a team preview. Regenerator ability is broken, keep this in mind.

I think team structure is OK but it could be better to switch Dubwool for any other good Pokémon for speed control which this team does not have... This is the main problem of the team imo. If you want to make it competitive, then do this change.

:ss/Dubwool: :ss/Corsola: :ss/Jellicent: :ss/Scrafty: :ss/Charizard: :ss/Tsareena:

1546269354743.png
Click the image for credits :]​

Merry Christmas specs I have gotten you request and you choose theivul. I have created a team that every Canadian can be proud of.

Image.png

Thievul is a Pokémon I don’t normally use but it’s very good. I went with the normal max speed, max spa and 4 spd. Not really creative but the creativeness is with the move set. With Thievul getting parting shot it makes it easy to switch into another Mon on perdition.

Image_1.png

Next is scrafty my main man. Very good and bulky. I’m going with my fav set bulk up. 252 spd, 252 hp and 4 speed . He’s the best fighting type in the teir for a reason. With shed skin and rest it can become impossible to kill unless you got a fairy type on your team.

Image_2.png

Abomasnow is a very good period. With its typing of grass and ice it can hit most of the meta game with its stabs. It has great coverage with earth power and focus blast. This combos well with scrafty because scrafty has a hard time with Quagsire and abomasnow destroys it. I’m running max hp ,max spa and 4 spd

Image_3.png

Kabutops is a great utility Mon. With its access to rapid spin and stealth rocks, it can be very good. I’m running 252hp,252def and 4atk. Kabutops is good against zard,ardicuno galar and scyther.

Image_4.png

Next we have magmotor. Very good fire type with flame body. With av it becomes a special tank that can also hit very hard. With Fire blast, thunder bolt and earth power it can basically hit everything.

Image_5.png

Weezing is one of my fav t-spikers. Since it’s so bulky on the physical side I think it will be a great fit for this team with access to will-o-wisp it can burn physically attackers. Weezing also covers up the weaknesses of the team because I have 2 dark types

This is the team

https://pokepast.es/e197750a1cdd0d35

Image.jpeg

Link to creator of this art

https://www.deviantart.com/skittatle/art/GA-Scrafty-Christmas-279416406

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Merry Christmas specs I have gotten you request and you choose theivul. I have created a team that every Canadian can be proud of.

View attachment 393391

Thievul is a Pokémon I don’t normally use but it’s very good. I went with the normal max speed, max spa and 4 spd. Not really creative but the creativeness is with the move set. With Thievul getting parting shot it makes it easy to switch into another Mon on perdition.

View attachment 393392

Next is scrafty my main man. Very good and bulky. I’m going with my fav set bulk up. 252 spd, 252 hp and 4 speed . He’s the best fighting type in the teir for a reason. With shed skin and rest it can become impossible to kill unless you got a fairy type on your team.

View attachment 393390

Abomasnow is a very good period. With its typing of grass and ice it can hit most of the meta game with its stabs. It has great coverage with earth power and focus blast. This combos well with scrafty because scrafty has a hard time with Quagsire and abomasnow destroys it. I’m running max hp ,max spa and 4 spd

View attachment 393393

Kabutops is a great utility Mon. With its access to rapid spin and stealth rocks, it can be very good. I’m running 252hp,252def and 4atk. Kabutops is good against zard,ardicuno galar and scyther.

View attachment 393394

Next we have magmotor. Very good fire type with flame body. With av it becomes a special tank that can also hit very hard. With Fire blast, thunder bolt and earth power it can basically hit everything.

View attachment 393395

Weezing is one of my fav t-spikers. Since it’s so bulky on the physical side I think it will be a great fit for this team with access to will-o-wisp it can burn physically attackers. Weezing also covers up the weaknesses of the team because I have 2 dark types

This is the team

https://pokepast.es/e197750a1cdd0d35

View attachment 393396

Link to creator of this art

https://www.deviantart.com/skittatle/art/GA-Scrafty-Christmas-279416406
Thank you for the team and happy holidays!

zS

this is all a moo point
is a Top Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
:scrafty::exeggutor::ribombee::charizard::weezing::aggron:

hi Thatwhiteninja, he is ur scrafty request for secret santa!!
I went with band scrafty cuz yeah basic scrafty ain't fun and i wanted to try scarf future sight eggy cuz why not. Eggy + Scrafty is a fantastic offensive core, especially with ancient power scarf eggy luring zard. The main issue of this core being guno i added a spd aggron, and then i just started covering most of the main threats of the metagame, so went weezing for tsar, got a lot of speed on this one cuz i really want to outspeed most of the common status spreaders + speedtie with common tsareena is always appreciated. zard defog, kinda hate it but i didn't have a choice cuz i needed another reliable fairy check cuz guno + bee decimates this truly. If you have any more questions just hit me up on discord and i'll be happy to answer them, just don't have enough time to cover everything into details :(. Hope you enjoy it nonetheless and merry christmas!!

Hey Hyperspace12 I hope your Christmas rocks/will rock and that you like my team around rotom!

https://pokepast.es/519bb22f27963940

I initially started out testing with sub variants (maybe I will add some teams later if I find the time and or get satisfying results but no guarantees), like sub np/sub wisp but I came to realize that rotom struggles with cores like Togedemaru + Cleric or Audino + any immunity (or audino in general for that matter) and has difficulties setting up a sub in general, aside from Weezing maybe. Charge beam + hex sub wisp and sub life orb Rotom were two ideas brought up by my buddy mind gaming which showed potential but also didn't 100% deliver in practice for similar issues as mentioned and still being a bit shaky against bulkier builds, so it requires support for that, while also needing some decent momentum to get it in, maybe something which forces in weezing (earlier versions utilized tsareena for example) plus status spreading and speed control while having enough defensive utility to cover prominent metagame threats - something like gallade gave me especially big headaches (also scrafty, as using it with ribombee meant two rather frail pokemon with little defensive utility, although ribombee has a fair share of moments where it can soft check things) as it is a bit awkward to cover without resorting to something (in my opinion) too passive to get the most out of rotom. At the end, I basically scratched all prior versions and decided to rebuild the team, starting off with aggron. Aggron provides a ribombee and articuno switch-in (something I noticed rising in usage and especially specs is otherwise difficult to cover and honestly even with aggron pretty scary) and is the hazard setter of choice. Next up our requested core of choice, rotom + weezing - I went with itemless weezing as a means of knock off absorption + it's quite handy to block poltergeist users, which are quite (maybe surprisingly) scary as well. I got convinced of levitate (again thanks for the help) since it helps against hazard spam and went with a rather standard option of stab + wisp + tspikes and pain split for recovery but flamethrower isn't unthinkable of, in order to actually hit togedemaru, sandslash-alola (hail or not, it's quite annoying), klinklang, ferroseed and perrserker. Speaking of which, 200 speed weezing is quite a chunk and can easily be reduced if you feel it's more useful more often but I was quite paranoid of perrserker, despite it being rather rare and two tect users I still think it can find a way to get nasty with the right momentum support and iron head is more or less spammable, plus the offensive options (especially mesprit) all fail to really threaten it. Rotom is the standard scarf option (but with hex over shadow ball, you can use shadow ball too but hex maximizes the t-spike support and in my experience the immunities all either take shadow ball anyway or hex is scary enough for them), to deliver some momentum and offer valuable offensive presence and moreover speedcontrol. You would think it's not optimal to not use the full potential of one of rotom's biggest strengths in it's fantastic neutral coverage with it's dual stab combination but I feel like recently many teams don't feel forced to run a dedicated electric immunity as other threats are usually a bigger priority and electric types not that common/threatening excluding lanturn potentially, with togedemaru opting to run iron barbs more often than it has been the case before and trick proved to be really valuable for me, neutralizing quite a few checks in case the speed wasn't needed. Audino is our beloved cleric and wish support and catch-all pivot for most special threats, furthermore it's knock off offers nice utility. Mesprit mainly soft-checks all fighting types weezing can't pleasantly deal with (there aren't many but admittedly gallade remains a bit awkward, you have to be clever in terms of positioning to deal with it), checked sandaconda (at the time I wasn't sure about the final slot), it's an out against uxie alongside rotom (another awkward situation though) and checks iron defense gigalith, while it's also an out against bulkier teams (in combination with trick from rotom). Lastly Lurantis deals with hazards and can cover things like scrafty/regirock decently well and further improves the match-up against sandaconda and bulkier teams and most importantly, it gave me a much needed out against potential taunt jellicent but if you still find the match-up to be a bit uncomforting and things like regirock (or even gigalith, as synthesis will be weaker and being forced to split sooner or later can be annoying with weezing) less scary a spread tailored more towards special defense is also possible, enabling lurantis to better handle incoming ribombees too (moonblast does damage in the 40% range otherwise).

Have a nice time off during Christmas (I hope it's time off at least), take some time to switch-off and recharge (see what I did there?) and I hope you have some quality time with your family/mates/partner with some great food and presents :blobthumbsup:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spicy Webs: https://pokepast.es/ae81bf57b6498e3d
Experimental Screens: https://pokepast.es/6fe3b3888578fac3
BU Scrafty + SubSplit Tom Hazards: https://pokepast.es/8291bfed00820f04
Bulky Rotom: https://pokepast.es/de4b3ca330b4e80e
THE CENTIPEDE: https://pokepast.es/cc9f2c54da486a1d
Specs Secret Santa: https://pokepast.es/f9ea60977e15f47b
Hex Charge Beam Rotom Fat Stuff: https://pokepast.es/7f4eb8233eb590bc
Specs Rotom + Band Gallade Powerful: https://pokepast.es/22c4bf17db3e52a4

Hyperspace12 just a friendly tag/reminder to remind you of this little new years update/special, now I am finished with my ideas

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello Twilight I have an offensive Druddigon team for you (importable if you click the sprites)

:Druddigon::Togedemaru::Mesprit::Archeops::Weezing::Eldegoss:

Drudd is a mon that definitely struggles, I think your typical LOSF set just doesn't have a lot of merit right now. What I ended up with functions more like a Centiskorch, this offensive coverage monster that's meant to just be a real pain to switch into. However, Drudd offers some serious fun while also not having the same kind of weaknesses. AV Drudd isn't super thick but it can be hard to force out and you can even lure and KO Ribombee to really let Archeops go ham. It's definitely good at pressuring balances it only really struggles at making progress vs Sandaconda and Quagsire and the former at least is where lure Archeops comes in. Mess with the moves if you like, I think they're right for neutral coverage and hitting everything you want super effectively but not running any Dragon moves, Sucker or even SR or Glare is absolutely messing with my brain and I can't quite be convinced the set is perfect.

Drudd breaks stuff up with Wish support from Togedemaru and Knock Off support from Mesprit, it's good progress that's going to give decent outs vs most other balance teams. Archeops is a bit of a cleaner and breaker and then Weezing and Eldegoss sorta round out the team by trying to wall and outlast everything that's a problem for the first four. You can probably mess with their movesets too, I think this Weezing is best for Tspikes absorption and hitting Alolan Sandslash/Sub Perrserker with Flamethrower but Taunt would be nice to have, and Leech Seed on Eldegoss is kinda whatever. Stun Spore seems reasonable too.

This team is very fun, I don't think offensive Druddigon is cut out for the generic top tier staple team constructs right now but it's a real nice x-factor to play around with. Quagsire balances are a serious pain to play without great remedy, and you need to be quite careful around Hail (Centiskorch over Druddigon would admittedly do a lot there). Enjoy!

Merry Christmas Squash we got paired and you requested a team with all three Hitmons so here it is!

:hitmonchan: :hitmonlee: :hitmontop: :mesprit: :aggron: :whimsicott:

I chose a Choice Band set for Hitmonchan, a Choice Scarf set for Hitmonlee and an Assault Vest set for Hitmontop. Choiced Banded Hitmonchan can hit things generally hard while being able to use it's coverage options to beat some fighting resists such as Thunder Punch for Charizard and Jellicent. I chose Choice Scarf for Hitmonlee because it's usual unburden set requires terrain support which limits the defensive backbone of the team, and Choice Scarf provides speed control to the team while hitting incredibly hard with Reckless boosted High Jump Kick. I chose Assault Vest Hitmontop because of its ability to into special threats such as Haunter and Vanilluxe, while being able to revenge kill threats such as Scarf Togedamaru and Alolan Sandslash, and provide utility by spinning away hazards.Mesprit was the first Pokemon that came to mind when I was thinking of partners, since it was able to beat Poison-types such as Weezing and Silvally-Poison while being able to pivot out using U-Turn on Steel-types such as Aggron to allow one of the Hitmons to come in for free. Now the team needs a solid defensive backbone to cover most of the metagame, so i decided to use Aggron as my steel type as it was able to check Charizard and opposing Mesprit and be my rocker. The final mon on the squad is Whimsicott, it checks Tsareena and Scrafty, while being able to defog since Hitmontop can get worn down quite quickly when it has to Rapid Spin multiple times during a game.

Happy Holidays! and I hope you have fun with the team

Last edited:
Merry Christmas sexywooper, I got ur fight spam team here!

:gallade: :scrafty: :Charizard: :rhydon: :silvally: :wishiwashi:

This team honestly was pretty fun to make and honestly might have some genuine potential. I went in with the plan you prob intended the core to have, where I weaken/muscle though fight checks with one of the mons and clean with the other. Due to this, I decided to use scarf gallade over the typical breaker bc I really wanted the speed to clean up late game.

Obviously tho this core had some issues with similar overlapping pokemon. I chose charizard to cover over stuff like whimsicott and ribombee that was really annoying. It also checks opposing fighting conjuction with its partner in crime silvally-fairy, which was intended to give extra knock switch in and pivoting around stuff that would otherwise be a pain.

Finally, after some thinking and testing I opted for wishiwashi+rhydon to round out the core, to check stuff like any potential zard, hail and ppl trying to volt switch. I also didnt want these slots to sap momentum away either so one is a reliable pivot while the other has coverage to not let opponents switch around it too easily.

Hope u enjoy!!

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Merry Christmas chlo! I got you for Secret Santa and I hope this team is to your liking

:ss/gallade: :ss/tsareena: :ss/scyther: :ss/regirock: :ss/charizard: :ss/togedemaru:
Chlo Secret Santa Team

I'm sure you were anxiously awaiting your Gallade + Scyther team and I have it. Or rather, I have a primary one and a secondary one in case the primary isn't to your liking. So, standard Gallade set with Muscle Band. I originally had LO on it, but no LO chip is nice and dealing somewhat less powerful hits. Tsarenna is your hazard control wallbreaker of sorts. Defensive Drudd could give that core some issues and that's what the second team is for, which I'll get to. Anyway, Scyther is a good form of Speed control but not all ofc. That's where Regi comes in. Obviously, stuff like Archeops can destroy the team so far but Regi can halt that. Zard used to be your hazard control until I added Tsar so I gave it Air Slash instead for stuff that resists Fire. It's still bulky so it just doesn't die to the first hit that comes along. Lastly is scarf Toge. Gotta love that mon from our SM PU days right? Encore is there for annoying the other team and somewhat stallbreaking too lol.

The second team is here: Secret Santa Team #2

This team has LO SubSplit Haunter for heavier hitting and Zard is your hazard control, but I guess it's not so good when stuff like Regi, SpDef Aggron and others are running around. This is why I prefer the 1st team, however Haunter can deal with Drudd better than Tsar can.

I do hope you enjoy both teams!

Once again, Merry Christmas​

Hello Lambovino I got you your bugs.

I immediately thought of using Galvantula and Centiskortch together, the premise being to support Centiskortch and Galvantula in breaking open bulky targets and then to clean up with Galvantula and some other fast threat. Gigalith is Gigalith. I went with Eldegoss over Tsareena because I needed a more resilient form of hazard control and because I was very "inspired" tlenit's very cool Eject button Goss set, providing free opportunities for Specs Articuno, Centiskortch or Galvantula to get in. Specs Cuno appreciates Galvantula attracting and chipping specially defensive targets, most of which can only take on Articuno while at full. Finally I used QD Ribombee as a late game cleaner and Scrafty answer which very nicely also happened to be a bug.

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Hi Lennart Happy Holdays/Merry Christmas! I wanted to get this out to you on Christmas day but I've been very busy, hope the teams make up for it

You wanted a team built around Cro-Tomb, which was not something I was expecting someone to want! I will say, this wasn't an easy building task. It takes a lot of support thanks to so many Fairy Types running around on every team, along with Scrafty hard walling you forever

:spiritomb::aggron::weezing::ribombee::audino::archeops:

first team here, Aggron Weezing Audino cover a good bit of the meta defensively. Wishing up the former 2 is great, a lot of their weakness comes from a lack of reliable recovery. Ribombee as you will see, is amazing at the moment. It covers Scrafty pretty well throughout the game, and combined with Audino support and Roost you'll be able to keep it healthy. Archeops last gives you another Charizard switch in, a ground immune, and baits in some pretty passive stuff that allows Spiritomb to set up (Palossand, Regirock, Sandaconda, Quagsire to PP stall, ect.) Scrafty is still an issue so play super careful around it, this team does pretty well vs the rest of the tier

:spiritomb::tsareena::ribombee::quagsire::audino::ferroseed:

I wanted to use some Quag Ferro and felt like having 2 bulky set up mons on this style worked. Quagsire and Ribombee both cover your Scrafty match up. Tsareena and Ferro can make Charizard an issue, you could consider making Quagsire a Regirock but its a bit less fun :c. Just play Heal Bell Audino well and you should be fine. Anyways the rest of the team functions pretty much how it looks. You can also make Ferroseed Stealth Rocks>Spikes, if you want to keep Quagsire.

:spiritomb::charizard::tsareena::miltank::ribombee::aggron:

Miltank is pretty cool and has a good set of resistances, while also having reliable recovery and utility! Typical Zard Tsareena type beat here, I think Spiritomb is an interesting fit on here. It adds a hard wincon that Ribombee sometimes cannot provide (Say running into Audino + Aggron)

Again Happy Holidays, change literally anything you want about these teams to fit your playstyle/preferences!

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hi keppy, I'm your secret santa! You requested for a team built around Pikachu, the Pokemon of your childhood. Because of this, I built a team around Pokemon. I hope you like it :blobnom:

The team: :pikachu: :sneasel: :ferroseed: :runerigus: :articuno-galar: :sawk:

:pikachu:
So, Pikachu is the Pokemon you wanted to build around. I used the Fake + Espeed set, which is quite strong tbh. However, Pikachu fails to threaten Ghost- and Steel-types like Palossand, and will get heavily punished by Druddigon and other Rocky Helmet users. 56 SpA means that Pikachu will always OHKO Quagsire switching in with Grass Knot, and willl 2-3HKO Ground- and Rock-types like Sandslash and Gigalith.

:pikachu: :sneasel:
Sneasel can threaten Ghost- and Ground-types that Pikachu hates, and can perform as a late game sweeper with Swords Dance + Ice Shard.

:pikachu: :sneasel: :ferroseed:
Pikachu has trouble breaking teams by itself, so hazards are much appreciated. It is to be noted that we also don't have defog-so spikes stacking forces the opposing team to defog for us.

:pikachu: :sneasel: :ferroseed: :runerigus:
Tsareena is kinda everywhere, so I prefer a spinblocker than can also set hazards. Colbur berry allows us to take on Sawk a bit better. You can opt for T.Spikes over Poltergeist, but I think Polt is good because you hit switchins better.

:pikachu: :sneasel: :ferroseed: :runerigus: :articuno-galar:
Articuno-Galar pressures defoggers and hits really, really hard. U-turn allows it to pivot to Pikachu, Sawk, or Sneasel to confirm kills.

:pikachu: :sneasel: :ferroseed: :runerigus: :articuno-galar: :sawk:
I just wanted speed control and I had issues with Charizard (which would've been solved if I had Gigalith, but Gigalith's sand stream proved to be too much for Pikachu). Its also a strong late game cleaner and fairy killer.

An alternative team: :pikachu: :sneasel: :ferroseed: :druddigon: :articuno-galar: :sawk:

In some of my matches, Drudiggon was good because of Glare slowing down opponents, Rocky Helm chip making Togedemaru cry, and shuffling with Dragon Tail made F.Sight and Hazards much more devastating. I liked Runegius more after a bit of testing tho.

I hope you liked the team and I hope you enjoy the holidays! :blobnom:

Last edited:

Antares

turtwig knight
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
yo Garchomp for president ! I got a present for you !
cinccino.png
(past in the box)

:cinccino: u wanted a cb cinccino, here it is. I went for bullet seed to be able to hit bulky ground mons without getting hurt by rocky helmet, knock off and U-turn. Rock Blast can be used instead of one of these move, but i dont think it is the best option.
:charizard: Charizard deals with things like ferroseed and Togedemaru, who are annoying for Cinccino. Scorching sand can be an option to ease the aggron and regirock mu. Since archeops is a common charizard switch in, i opted for will-o-wisp, in order to make this thing less threatening for the team.
:uxie: Uxie is a defensive pivot, able to switch on special attackers and to threatening fight moves, and also able to bring cinccino safely on the field. He can be used as a cleric with heal bell to get ride of annoying burn or paralysis. Since he doesnt get reliable recovery, he should be used with moderation.
:tsareena: remove hazards, deals with bulky ground, can switch on water attacks. I went for HJK since ferroseed and aggron are really annoying for this team, but u can put knock off or uturn instead.
:mawile: hazards setter, check things like scrafty and switch on aggron (maybe). With Rest and mesprit able to wake him up he can check things during the whole match. Seismic toss is played in order to hit things like aggron but knock off or toxic can be played. RH punish uturn abusers.
:archeops: check zard, pivot, quake is played for things like aggron and togedemaru
i played this team for last week of puwc (and shamefully lost but whatever) and have to thank french teammates like yandaud and squash who gave me some advicesto build this imperfect team

Specs

Getting in your own way
UUPL Champion
Hi keppy, I'm your secret santa! You requested for a team built around Pikachu, the Pokemon of your childhood. Because of this, I built a team around Pokemon. I hope you like it :blobnom:

The team: :pikachu: :sneasel: :ferroseed: :runerigus: :articuno-galar: :sawk:

:pikachu:
So, Pikachu is the Pokemon you wanted to build around. I used the Fake + Espeed set, which is quite strong tbh. However, Pikachu fails to threaten Ghost- and Steel-types like Palossand, and will get heavily punished by Druddigon and other Rocky Helmet users. 56 SpA means that Pikachu will always OHKO Quagsire switching in with Grass Knot, and willl 2-3HKO Ground- and Rock-types like Sandslash and Gigalith.

:pikachu: :sneasel:
Sneasel can threaten Ghost- and Ground-types that Pikachu hates, and can perform as a late game sweeper with Swords Dance + Ice Shard.

:pikachu: :sneasel: :ferroseed:
Pikachu has trouble breaking teams by itself, so hazards are much appreciated. It is to be noted that we also don't have defog-so spikes stacking forces the opposing team to defog for us.

:pikachu: :sneasel: :ferroseed: :runerigus:
Tsareena is kinda everywhere, so I prefer a spinblocker than can also set hazards. Colbur berry allows us to take on Sawk a bit better. You can opt for T.Spikes over Poltergeist, but I think Polt is good because you hit switchins better.

:pikachu: :sneasel: :ferroseed: :runerigus: :articuno-galar:
Articuno-Galar pressures defoggers and hits really, really hard. U-turn allows it to pivot to Pikachu, Sawk, or Sneasel to confirm kills.

:pikachu: :sneasel: :ferroseed: :runerigus: :articuno-galar: :sawk:
I just wanted speed control and I had issues with Charizard (which would've been solved if I had Gigalith, but Gigalith's sand stream proved to be too much for Pikachu). Its also a strong late game cleaner and fairy killer.

An alternative team: :pikachu: :sneasel: :ferroseed: :druddigon: :articuno-galar: :sawk:

In some of my matches, Drudiggon was good because of Glare slowing down opponents, Rocky Helm chip making Togedemaru cry, and shuffling with Dragon Tail made F.Sight and Hazards much more devastating. I liked Runegius more after a bit of testing tho.

I hope you liked the team and I hope you enjoy the holidays! :blobnom:
thank you for bringing my friends childhood memories back with this team, he is very appreciative

Hello Skankovich , Merry Christmas !
Here is the team i built on strong jaw drednaw :
:drednaw: :articuno-galar::togedemaru: :miltank: :whimsicott: :sandaconda:

I think LO 4atk drednaw is the best possible set with strong jaw. Drednaw is fast enough to outspeed common threats like tsareena or scrafty, bulky enough to either hard switch on defensive pokemons like wish togedemaru, or take at least 1 hit of bee, zard, archeops...
His powerfull stabs alongside superpower allows it to 2HKO most of the meta. Only tangela and quag are great ins, but i'll come to that later.

This team was built around coil sanda future sight + LO drednaw.
Coil sanda + future sight is an interesting combo that allows you to get one more coil with sanda if you have the future sight up.
While this combo allows you to break through tsareena with sanda, it is walled by quagsire and tangela.
This is where drednaw becomes handfull : this pokemon can help weakening tangela (or the grass types in general), and, with the help of toxic togedemaru, can 1v1 quagsire. Jaw lock is used here so the toxic'd quag can't switch out if he wants to come on a powerfull stone edge, and you will endup 1v1 him. You can also use it to pressure the bulky psychic types, especially the ones that will try to set up with stored power. We are playing drill run on sanda here to face the other sandas, and the bu scraftys.

On the defensive side, you have wish toge + heal bell miltank, which is really helpfull to keep drednaw alive, bulky guno helps toge for tsareena, whimsicott helps sanda to check scrafty and adds a way to pressure ground and water types. Miltank is played with rock tomb because it's the only way to 1v1 zard and touch ghostvally's sub with only one move.

I hope you like this team, don't hesitate to pm me on discord if you have any questions : Lambovino#5597

Have fun !

And thank you very much Garchomp for president for the team you posted, i love it !

Last edited:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Happy holidays, giove97! I've got your Mawile + Jellicent squad(s) here for you.

+

:Mawile:
Starting out, your request for 6xThePUSS™ (sixth annual PU Secret Santa) is interesting because you asked for Mawile, which is basically a Steel-type that lacks the resilience to take on special attackers like Ribombee, Whimsicott, Vanilluxe, Articuno-G, Mesprit, etc., long-term. Articuno-G is especially problematic for Mawile, with Mawile's Intimidate activating its Competitive if you bring Mawile in at the wrong time, and so Sheer Force is an option over Intimidate that avoids that issue altogether while also netting OHKOs on Archeops and Frosmoth with Iron Head. Using Mawile in this meta is more or less handicapping yourself, and I would normally just replace it with something like Togedemaru, specially defensive Aggron, or Sandslash-A on a more serious team.
Where Mawile outshines these other Steel-types however is in taking on physically offensive threats like Tsareena and Scyther, and if you're versus ladder, Pokemon like Cinccino, Absol, and Flapple, too. I built these teams around Mawile with this role in mind, but also gave it a mixed defensive spread that improves its chances versus Silvally-Fairy's Flamethrower, CS Mesprit's Psychic, and standard Ribombee's boosted Moonblast. You'll often see your opponent bring Charizard in on Mawile, so Mawile really needs at least Toxic or Knock Off to capitalize on the free turns that it creates when it forces something out (so Pain Split / Toxic / Iron Head / Knock Off or SR made the most sense here).

:Mawile::Jellicent:
Specially defensive Jellicent complements Mawile nicely, as it counters many of the threats Mawile isn't equipped to handle (Charizard mainly, but its Toxic is admittedly still annoying for Jellicent). Mawile by itself is an insufficient response to the tier's offensive Psychic- and Fairy-types like Mesprit, Ribombee, Articuno-G, etc., and so this specially defensive spread blanket checks those. It may not be a cold stop to all of them, but it does well situationally; for example, Jellicent can free itself from Freezing Glare freezes via Scald, while Cursed Body has a reasonable chance to disable choice-locked Articuno-G and force it out over SR. Jellicent is running just enough Speed for uninvested Lanturn to taunt that out of Toxic and to prevent it from healing its teammates via Heal Bell. Not only that, this level of investment lets it outspeed Weezing too, which prevents Jellicent's teammates like Silvally-Ground, Bouffalant, Aromatisse, etc. from being afflicted by Weezing's Toxic Spikes. Some combination of Taunt, Toxic, and Cursed Body will usually save you against Ribombee too, but in case that's not enough or if Jellicent isn't healthy enough for Ribombee, this brings me to my next addition:

:Mawile::Jellicent::Charizard:
Charizard patches up many of the shared issues that Mawile and Jellicent have with Ribombee, Gallade, Scrafty, SpDef (Toxic) Togedemaru, Vanilluxe, Centiskorch, etc., and checks a lot of these from full HP while also forming an entry hazard and removal core with Mawile. I would usually opt for Toxic on Charizard over Defog, and then shift removal to a different slot; however, this method of building with Charizard is also valid so long as you focus on pressuring those SR-wielding Charizard counters like Gigalith with Charizard's teammates. This is more or less where the team started to branch off into the different versions that you see below.

:Mawile::Jellicent::Charizard::Silvally:
Silvally-Ground is one of these options that enables Charizard to forgo Defog in favor of Focus Blast or Toxic (or even Scorching Sands); alternatively, Charizard can run Defog instead so that Silvally-Ground can run SD / Flame Charge or U-turn / Rock Slide / MA, which is very potent and consistent in sweeping versus ladder. Silvally-Ground is a great support for Charizard, as it scares out many of the Rock-types that Charizard struggles with and brings in Ground resists like Tsareena for Charizard to roast, either on a double switch or via U-turn. Silvally-Ground may or may not be leaving the tier at the upcoming tier shift, and with these teams coming out so close to that date, I wanted to include other configurations here so you have more than just a day or two to test all of these squads. Sandaconda is a great option here too, and when Mawile runs SR, this gives you the opportunity to run Coil, which kind of just runs through other teams if it has match-up. Admittedly though, Articuno-G is faster than half of the team, and with the team's Psychic resist being some combination of SF Mawile and SpDef Jellicent, any composition with Silvally-Ground will perform better against Articuno-G. I also tested Sandslash(-K) and Rhydon here on this slot; while they are not perfectly interchangeable with Silvally-Ground or Sandaconda, the same basic synergy is achieved. SpDef Rhydon with cleric support and Rest is an interesting stop to Charizard and keeps SR up long-term, while Sandslash capitalizes on Gigalith being switched into your own Charizard and activating Sand Rush for you.

:Mawile::Jellicent::Charizard::Silvally::Bouffalant:
These last two slots were about gluing the team together and providing an additional Scrafty and Gallade check (Mawile isn't running Play Rough or Intimidate here, so it's only got Charizard and a SpDef Jellicent holding these Fighting-types back); speed control; some sort of Ghost resist to support Jellicent defensively versus threats like Trevenant; and, a cleric to keep Jellicent and Charizard healthy long-term. I more or less settled on SubSD Bouffalant here for one of these slots - it's pretty underrated and sets up on a large portion of the defensive meta. I purposefully built it with 180 Speed and fatter Substitutes so that it'd set up against Pokemon like uninvested Weezing (using its Sludge Bomb as the SpDef benchmark for keeping Substitute up), Sandaconda (Speed benchmark), Lanturn, defensive Jellicent, Tangela, and Ferroseed, which does a lot toward setting up Silvally-Ground or Charizard as a wincon depending on what Bouffalant is able to take out 1v1. With both Mawile and Sap Sipper Bouffalant as supports, Jellicent and whatever Ground-type you choose are adequately protected from Grass-types like Tsareena and Trevenant. What's more, Bouffalant's Sap Sipper lets you keep Ferroseed low on HP by blocking its Leech Seed (though be careful of Ferroseed's Toxic on the switch). Something to note, +2 16 Atk Adamant Bouffalant's Throat Chop OHKOes Articuno-G. I tried out Sap Sipper RH Heal Bell Miltank with Body Press and enough Speed for Jolly Sandslash-A and Adamant Absol over SubSD Bouffalant, but this change sort of gave Trevenant free rein with Miltank lacking coverage for that.

:Mawile::Jellicent::Charizard::Silvally::Bouffalant::Ribombee:
(v1 - Silvally-Ground / v2 - Sandaconda) Standard Ribombee is pretty hard to beat, especially when counters like SpDef Togedemaru are easily checked by the rest of the team (Charizard and Silvally-Ground in this case). Ribombee supports its teammates via Aromatherapy and keeps Jellicent healthy in the face of Charizard's Toxic, if you're able to pivot around that effectively. It also grants you a counter to standard BU Scrafty and a check to Gallade, as well as speed control that will help you pressure faster threats like Galvantula and Archeops, which would harass the rest of the team otherwise. I honestly don't think you need speed control faster than Ribombee in this meta, as the only threats you need to think about beating are the occasional DD/BD+Salac Charizard, +1 Silvally, and assorted threats like QD Frosmoth, Ludicolo (rain), and Sandslash-A/-K (hail / sand). Even though Ribombee outspeeds +1 Frosmoth, it's something you have to play around carefully with this team given you're using Mawile as the team's Ice resist (as I mentioned above though, Sheer Force Mawile OHKOes that via its uninvested Iron Head). To be honest, ignoring the request and simply replacing Mawile with Togedemaru would do a lot toward checking these Pokemon while improving the Articuno-G match-up too, but in return, Scyther and Tsareena would become more threatening if this change were made.

Overall, the team as it stands is slightly weak to Electric- and Water-types and so threats like Choice Specs Jellicent will keep you on your toes, which prompted me to build some other versions with Tsareena, Whimsicott, and even Shiftry. Shiftry in particular is cool in this meta, as it doesn't exacerbate an Articuno-G weakness, given that Adamant LO Sucker Punch OHKOes that most of the time.
The chosen Pokemon above have the potential to be run in a more offensive configuration, too; for example, if you run SF LO Mawile, Choice Specs Jellicent, Sticky Web Ribombee, and offensive Sandslash over Silvally-Ground, you can easily turn this balance team into webs offense with a few slot changes. There was a lot more to talk about here with the other versions, but I'll just let you test these out for now - feel free to message me if you have any questions about the teams. Anyway, I hope you enjoy (click on the pictures for the pastes)!

1640843242072.png
- Tsareena hits 194 Spe prior Rapid Spin, and 290 Spe after, which is +1 faster than Modest Articuno-G.
- Sandaconda's Drill Run breaks through BU Scrafty more easily with its increased crit chance, which the team struggles with a bit.
- The team hasn't struggled with Ferroseed yet, but if it does, Heat Wave Archeops, Taunt Mawile, or HJK Tsareena are options to improve that match-up.
- Miltank is running Thick Fat and more SpDef to take on threats that Jellicent and Mawile wouldn't be able to handle, like Vanilluxe, while creeping neutral base 70s and Timid Aurorus. You could go slightly faster for Timid Jellicent too, but that's not really a thing other builders use too often.
- Running recovery moves on all slots has been very strong for winning longer games.
- Replay against Prodigezz (a French PUWC player with generally solid teams), or someone with his team - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1471041792-6bla3kpj989wrm538ws2v5go1c6fpskpw
- Replay against a possible Wingless alt - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1471012357-xtg5e4mgpu6x2c7mlnf47ws4vbb7x7ipw

1640843452192.png
- This version of the team shifts hazard removal from Charizard to Silvally-Ground, which lets Charizard run 3 Attacks + Roost (or standard Toxic + 2 Attacks + Roost).
- With Silvally-Ground now responsible for removing hazards but also being vulnerable to hazards itself, I included standard Aromatisse to keep it healthy.
- Aromatisse is run with near-max Defense investment and can be considered the team's primary response to Gallade and Scrafty.
- Silvally-Ground's U-turn should be used to bring in Weezing so that Bouffalant has something to set up on (Sub on the turn that Weezing uses WoW) or so that Jellicent or Charizard can pressure it. Do the same versus Tsareena: U-turn with Silvally-Ground to bring it in, then pressure it with Mawile or Charizard.
- Given the overall speed of this team, it could be worth it to consider Togedemaru > Mawile, Sandaconda > Silvally-Ground, and Whimsicott or Ribombee > Aromatisse, but this bulky, more durable version has done pretty well in tests and was really only bothered by Galvantula - here's a replay showing that it's not really a deal breaker, though.

1640862972550.png
- Psych Up / Taunt / Recover SpDef Jellicent stops Ribombee cold every time. Not only can Jellicent copy its QD boosts, but Moonblast is likely to be disabled by Cursed Body, leading Ribombee to struggle after you hit it with Taunt. You can optionally use its standard set here, but this set is very fun for stopping Ribombee and Stored Power users. The given EVs allow Jellicent to hit 360 Speed after you copy two QD boosts (or one SS boost) and outspeed uninvested Sandaconda before any boosts have been copied.
- Psych Up Jellicent copying CM Aromatisse
- Bouffalant's set is variable here, but as long as you have something to hit Trevenant with (given you're a Ghost+Grass immunity), then whatever works.
- Defog on Charizard lets you use a more offensive Silvally-Ground set, which sweeps ladder pretty cleanly up until about 1500 rating (about the time when you start seeing more and more defensive builds). Given you're running Defog Charizard, it's a good idea to give it a move that'll improve its match-up versus common SR users, so Focus Blast is being used here for threats like Regirock and Aggron.
- The team's speed control is rounded out by CS Whimsicott. Some combination of TrickScarf (with Infiltrator) and Encore will make it so you'll never get 6-0d by any Sub+ID+Body Press or Stored Power user (this is the 'I hate setup spam' version of the team above, basically). Infil > Prankster, as you outspeed most of what you want to anyway, and checking things behind a Substitute consistently is part of this set's charm.

1640864106350.png

1640867865284.png
- This is another one of those slow, but very threatening balance builds. It acknowledges that Audino and SpDef Jellicent are probably not enough for Specs Modest Articuno-G, so it tries to cover that through Rock Slide Silvally-Ground, Sucker Punch Shiftry, and Charizard.
- Mawile with Wish Support sticks around for the long haul against big threats like Tsareena and Scyther; it's also run with more Defense, Intimidate, and Play Rough for Gallade and Scrafty mainly, but it also happens to cover other threats like Hitmontop and Absol.
- Defog can be traded back and forth between Silvally-Ground and Charizard, while Shiftry can potentially be traded out for Tsareena, letting you run Coil Sandaconda or SD Silvally-Ground + Toxic Charizard. One thing to note though, LO Adamant Shiftry's Sucker Punch OHKOes standard Articuno-G 81.3% of the time, so it was used over Tsareena here.
- Audino can run Yawn + Mawile can run Eject Button to force the Yawned target to stay in for a turn longer than anticipated.
- This is maybe my favorite build of the bunch because it rewards careful play when you slowly but surely break down targets via Knock Off and Toxic. At the same time, it's very forgiving if you make any misplays thanks to the support Audino provides.
- https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1482355460-7nt61d6xmnm2j06oeixb6x8qw7w4nt0pw

1640874084702.png
- Blunder Policy Destiny Bond Weezing is maybe the most fun you'll have playing PU. Go for an inaccurate move like Zap Cannon when a threat like Charizard is predicted to switch into Weezing; either it'll hit, and Charizard will be paralyzed and close to being KOed, or it'll miss and you'll gain +2 Speed, putting you slightly faster than Ribombee and in a position to Destiny Bond whatever threatens Weezing.
- Weezing's IVs are dropped on purpose so that Fire Blast / Hurricane from Charizard OHKO Weezing perfectly.
- When Weezing successfully removes something via Destiny Bond (ideally a strong special attacker like Charizard, Vanilluxe, Articuno-G, etc.), this gives you the opportunity to use whatever move KOed Weezing with Choice Specs Copycat Jolteon afterward. If you are positioned to use Charizard's Fire Blast for example, this enables Jolteon to KO Togedemaru as it switches into a predicted Volt Switch.
- Similarly, Jolteon can copy Shiftry's Eject Pack Leaf Storm, meaning Jolteon can take out Ground-types and Lanturn by surprise.

1640872340976.png
- Sandslash hits 376 Speed after Rapid Spin, or 502 with Gigalith's sand up when that switches into Charizard.
- Stone Edge can be traded out for Leech Life for a big hit on Tsareena while also recovering back some HP; however, Charizard, Bouffalant, Ribombee, and Mawile all handle Tsareena nicely.
- Once webs are up, just smash stuff with SF LO Mawile, Specs Jellicent, or 3 attacks Charizard.

1640872386561.png
- Speed Boost WP Endure Carvanha can actually be pretty scary. If you can't OHKO anything with it, or if they're trying to take you out with Sucker Punch, go for Destiny Bond. I used to use Bounce in that last slot for a Tsareena kill while also stalling in the air for another Speed boost, but either move works (I think Destiny Bond with Speed boosts is generally more consistent, though).
- You can use Endure WP Carvanha as a big punish to U-turn users and Psychic-types like Mesprit that need coverage to hit you.
- CB Rhydon with webs up murders everything too. Megahorn is there for Tangela, but this slot is pretty negotiable.
- When priority is the opponent's speed control, Tsareena's Queenly Majesty in combination with Sticky Web shuts everything down. Not only that, but Queenly Majesty stops Prankster Whimsicott's priority Defog (even if Whimsicott is falling off a bit) from removing Sticky Web.
- https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1482382810-kv9yp1d5qd7mbx6po7jl9fvkhhv3qu6pw

1640872448800.png
- Rest SpDef Rhydon and SpDef Jellicent in tandem with cleric support handles Charizard long-term, though Rest can be replaced with Heat Crash and a more offensive spread for hitting Tsareena much harder.
- https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1481220803-88r2dl0h93gusqzd67lanq0yd6my2agpw
- vs Tone's teamlab: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1481199976-224lfkghtds14irzu7t3rdo2cn9ni8dpw

Some other replays:

Miltank + Whimsicott
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1468568164-28of9pnh6fj4z0l711qxo927sqgi1d4pw
Scarf Miltank vs Xiri
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1466995385-xiyyrkk3qqp9ttha5hsj9ore34fixx4pw
Scarf Whimsicott vs beef dreams
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1466853151-8hhgs4suuap2aa24fwasf6khm7psyn7pw
SD FC Silvally-Ground vs zoowi
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1466769148-rs86k86c5htfkjr9cy0f1nvv69t7c58pw
SubSD CG Bouffalant vs ladder
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1466735855-qi5l9a8ev7oqfyum6t7w3um4ws9r37tpw
SD Shiftry vs French stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1481223516-1vgz5h7kyb339i1543aupq1m6nyet3ipw

Attachments

Last edited:
Happy Holiday, my pal Akir. Sorry for the wait, im trying to build the best team i could. Well, I have not too much ideas for your team, but since you known for your love for old gens, I'm trying to make a team which includes some popular old gen PU mons, hope you like it.

I start the team with the Gen 4 classic mon, Rhydon. I'm really trying to decide the best set for him i can put the offensive rocks one or a Spc.def classic wall. I tested both sets and the conclusion is SPC.def is better, i know theres better things like Gigalith, but with this set you can easily checks common mons like Charizard ,Ribombee and Non Specs Articuno-G, gives electric immunity, also his Def is also colossal even without EVs, making him a hard opponent to counter.

The second Mon I choose is the god of Gen 7, Jellicent. Since the team already have Rhydon and Altaria on defensive side, i put here the classic Specs Jellicent set. Well, initially I'm not a very fan of this set but since I'm testing the team i actually love it, seriously you going like abusing Water Spout like crazy.

The third Mon of the team was originally Rotom-Frost, but since he's not fixing the team and making it really weak to fire types, i decide to put something more bulk, something that helps Rhydon and Jellicent against Tsareena and Scrafty and finally providing some support. And them a idea came in my mind. I choose the useful Mon of Gen 6, Altaria. As I said before, Altaria haves a nice defensive utility, leading with fighting type like Scrafty and grass types like Tsareena (Non Triple Axel, pls) and especially Centirkorch. You can switch Toxic over Flamethrower for hit Sandslash Alola or Ferroseed.

Tsareena is the psychical force on the team and the best PU mon actually (imo), even if Altaria already haves a hazard control move, another option is always well invited. You can customize the Tsareena with Synthesis or U-Turn, you decide.

Ribombee is the revenge killer and and an second check against Dark types since Altaria can't handle 100% against things like Absol or Gallade. I put most casual set on her. I put another options like QD, Moonblast, Psychic and U-turn, but the Roost + Aromatherapy is most useful.

And for the last mon, even with Bee, the team looks kind of slow, i need more pivots to make Jellicent enter safety and I need a Psychic/Fairy Resist, i put Scarf Togedemaru here since he can do all thoses tasks. Since Rhydon already has spc.def i decide to put Scarf to give more speed to team.

It's the same the but i put the defensive Jelli set over the offensive and I put the Not so Known Gen 2 Classic Mon, Hitmontop. Which prove to be very useful in some matches, also offering priority.

Last edited:
here you go SergioRules hope this is good enough https://pokepast.es/b2e81e5f525f71e8 I started with audino with the offensive set lo + wish I thought of attaching it to a scrafy who could help him against the steel types and be a pokemon who can clean up a game then I put Gigalith to have control over charizard and to put Stealth Rock Tsareena and the to remove hazards on the pitch and help against water types Togedemaru is speed control and help against fairy types Scyther helps against fight types happy holidays to all . S/o 2xTheTap for the teams you built (I had so much fun using them)

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
hey my BESTIE avarice i was told to build u a pu team for this very here project. you requested a ditto semistall team which made me go oh NO oh GOD oh F*CK. for starters, i have no clue how to build with ditto. on the other hand i do not know what semistall is. thank you to my good friends lyss & omicorio for educating me on this topic! this was a challenge initially but eventually i got the swing of this. i built you a few teams because i think you're cool and also i felt bad delaying it so long like i always do! the teams will get worse as they go down.

https://pokepast.es/030f6ab500a846ca
altaria is a cool mon, it's like a cloud that shoots fire out of its mouth and i think that's neat for sure. i just worked on building a stall team around it and eventually i had these 6 mons but aromatisse instead of bee. now i hate aromatisse so much that i have it pinned on my wall as a dartboard, and you asked for semistall so i thought of an elegant solution to that which was to switch it out for the bee. this worked out well enough, i think it's cool. not completely conventional but nothing over the top.

https://pokepast.es/b143f7fbcf7f1d3c
when i was asking people what semistall was, some people told me like in other tiers how they run that green blob thingy with the arms and how it sets up and becomes an issue, so i thought of what our equivalent was.
step in boring bitchass uxie. now i hate this mon, it's boring and lazy and it looks kinda ugly from certain points of view, but i knew it'd be a good pick for a semistall which is what you asked for. this is a pretty standard team, maybe toge isn't necessary but like i didnt want audino being overwhelmed. she already has so much on her plate.

https://pokepast.es/4d6b0cd1365ff574
sorta had the idea to recreate the hjad spikes builds from last gen since it seemed like it'd work here. this is kinda cool though and i'll explain why. the gourgeist has trick colbur which seems like WTF are u doing chloe ur so useless but i promise i have a good reason. i want you to BUTCHER those itemless toges that plague this meta, but i also didn't want it to be weak to tsareena's knock since that's the reason i added gourgeist in the first place so it accomplishes BOTH at ONCE how cool is that??? like you polt once they think theyre immune then BOOM get tricked idiot.

https://pokepast.es/c33cc05b68dca8b8
at first glance you may think this team is just weird stall with a shitty spikesetter. but fret not my friend the articuno has a CHOICE BAND to empirically screw over anyone unprepared. not many people know this but articuno got TRIPLE AXEL AND BRAVE BIRD this generation. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?? well, it's genuinely decently strong and cool like. cb rock smash 2hkos toge with minimal chip (the spikes), you murk audino and clefairy and all that other stuff that think they can come in. i added hattrem to prevent rocks as well as a spinner. the rest is pretty self explanatory.

https://pokepast.es/da74394555da80d0
ngl this is probably balance but it's close enough :sob: cb rhydon is funny, and i like mawile a lot even tho some other people don't really :(((((((. being able to check tsareena scrafty and set rocks in one slot is very nice. like usually it's outclassed by toge (i acknowledge that) BUT I NEED ROCKS and scrafty check so SHUT UP MOM im 12 now and i can do what i want. this team is unironically very solid and i hope it works for you :blobthumbsup:

enjoy :D

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi gum, I'm your Secret Santa!

You requested this bad boy with a choice band and I've got the team for you!

:Sawk: :Ribombee: :Charizard: :togedemaru: :regirock: :tsareena:
Sawk is a powerhouse of a mon that breaks and cripples its checks when given the right opportunities. I chose the Mold Breaker ability here to capitalise off its coverage and ability to 2HKO Weezing with EQ. Sawk finds it tough to come into the field because of its frail defences and thus I paired it up Ribombee. Ribombee provides momentum with U-Turn to bring Sawk into mons like Aggron, Gigalith, Weezing, Togedemaru, Regirock. I added Charizard here not only for its offensive pressure but also because it checks the fairies that would normally counter Sawk including Aromatisse, Whimsicott and Ribombee. Articuno-Galar and Mesprit could capitalise off a choice locked Close Combat which is why I added Togedemaru. Toge is the glue of the team providing Wish support to Sawk as well as Regirock who lack recovery while also checking Guno, Mesprit and Tsareena lacking HJK. Regirock and Tsareena round out the team by providing Rocks and Spin and a check to almost all our offensive mons.

Some team edits you might want to play with is switching Aromatherapy on Ribombee for Quiver Dance and putting it on Tsareena over Synthesis or Knock Off. You may also want to change U-turn for Quiver Dance but then you'd have to be doing doubles and it becomes more riskier bringing Sawk into the field however, Ribombee becomes a potent late game sweeper. Sawk could also benefit having a Choice Scarf on this team to give it some speed control or alternatively HDB to give it the freedom to use its excellent coverage.

All in all, it was fun building this team and I hope you enjoy it. Happy holidays :delibird:

Hi scorbunnys ! Here's your team with Glaceon

:glaceon::Eldegoss::regirock::silvally-fairy::rapidash::Mesprit:

Unfortunately this request came along with Snow Warning getting unbanned which left poor ol' Glaceon kinda nicheless. I tried a bunch of funky stuff like Work Up and Wish sets but eventually had to come back to a specs set because everything else is unusable tbh. A fun niche it sorta has is that specs Shadow Ball can threaten a 2hko on spdef Toge if you get a drop! Let's celebrate that.

Eldegoss and Regi are the basic defensive core of the team and provide hazards + hazard control. I played around with Tsareena in the Eldegoss' slot but ended up feeling the team needed more longevity rather than offensive pressure, and Tsar finds it hard to fit Aromatherapy which really helps vs fatter teams.

Silv-Fairy is a result of me wanting a mon to take advantage of Glaceon chunking steel and fire types, thus Psychic Fangs > Rock Slide. Oh and you need a fairy type because Scrafty exists so yeah. You could go for Bee here who can then run aromatherapy and then you can bring Tsar back... but that would be boring. And that's the last thing I want to build!

Rapidash is a funky one, and it's Christmas so it's an appropriate time for funky stuff. It's a tsar+fairy check and a lil bit of speed control and a method of outskilling your opponent with Flame Body. I initially ran High Horsepower > Swords Dance with a more offensive spread but I found I never clicked coverage anyway, so just filled the slot with SD. I still never really click it! I figured in the stall match up its ability to SD and then toxic the Quag on switchin allowing Silv Fairy to do work later would be cool. Maybe wild charge to pressure Zard would be better. Surprisingly useful mon though, even if it ultimately amounts to worse Charizard but with flame body.

Scarf Mesprit patches up the team with speed control, trick for fatter match ups and healing wish to give Silv Fairy and Glaceon second chances to punch holes or clean. Glue!

It's a solid enough team ultimately, not amazing and kinda Guno weak, but what isn't? Happy New Year and also thank you Lambovino for my Drednaw team!

Oh and I also just double checked my request and you wanted voltturn so I kinda screwed this up, I just had Glaceon in my head... oops!

EDIT: Since I felt bad for completely forgetting the voltturn part here's an alternate team that fits that more neatly! A little more rushed but I think it might actually be better after some testing.

:glaceon::togedemaru::silvally-fairy::regirock::cryogonal::basculin:

The core idea behind this team was some fat u-turners and an Ice spam core, with Basculin slapped on at the end for some assistance vs steels. Cryogonal is a mon that I think is generally super slept on, after Glaceon has busted some holes it can clean up with a fast and decently strong Ice Beam, while mid-game it helps Glaceon break with Knock Off support, crippling potential checks like Aggron, Articuno, Centiskorch, Audino etc. It also spins rather well, Jellicent is an issue for this set since it's running neither Toxic nor Freeze Dry but since Jelli is a rather free Glaceon switch I wasn't too concerned. Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:

PTF

girl
is a Tiering Contributor
From Mushamu:

:abomasnow: :ribombee: :togedemaru: :palossand: :Tsareena: :archeops:

Merry Christmas, MZ! Here is the subpunch abomasnow team u wanted. It's a pretty standard team and I felt like archeops pairs well with it because it forces things like sandaconda and pallosand which it can turn on into abomasnow. The rest of the team is p standard, with ribombee being specs trick to deal with the cm mesprit/uxie cheese that's been running around. Tsareena is the spinner and is good as ever with its main recovery being wish from togedemaru. I felt like synthesis was better off dropped here because snow warning hinders it a ton which lets it run aromatherapy. I hope u enjoy the team!

Last edited:
for PTF, who wanted a cursed and last minute team w/ jynx

Jynx (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Stunfisk @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power

Tsareena (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Synthesis
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Defog
- Toxic
- Swords Dance

Archeops @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

Cramorant @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Gulp Missile
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Surf
- Roost
- Stockpile
Scarf Jynx forces switches and can mess things up by tricking the scarf or using Lovely Kiss. Being Scarf + clicking Kiss will give you 2 shots to get it off due to the speed if needed. Rocky Helm Stunfisk serves as the rocker and threatens chip + para on physical attackers. Tsar does Tsar things while retaining bulk and curing status for the team. Monoattack Fairy silv is the Scrafty check with Toxic and Defog for support. Oddly a bulky Archeops to better tank Zard and edgequake for neutral coverage, even uninvested it's still 317 attack and can pressure stuff like audi and weezing due to Taunt + Roost. Cheeky Cramorant set uses Stockpile in an attempt to tank hits while using Gulp Missle to brutalize anything not electric, could potentially use Sub over Hurricane to block status + give another turn to Stockpile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)