Bidoof he[ART] Princess

nya

its miyuki monday
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor
PS Admin
uwu

By popular demand, it's finally here. The OFFICIAL Bidoof ❤ Princess art thread. (Also known as the world's best artist (objectively)). Been meaning to get around to making this for a while. (Ever since Inktober ended really) but never ended up doing it, mostly because I'm lazy but also because I fell off doing art completely. But now this thread exists, giving me motivation to actually do art next year. I don't have many pieces done so far outside of Inktober, and my medium of choice is MS Paint, so don't accept high quality art in these next few dropdowns.

Day 1 - Fairy. Honestly this one's still a big mood.

Day 2 - Witch. Stay tuned for more eared anime girls. They'll probably end up being a theme.

Day 3 - Raven. Personally I think he's quite cute. I discovered the fill tool here and I think it really adds to the piece.

4. Moon - This is when I discovered the shapes tool and really tried to push what I could do with it. I think it turned out really striking.

5. Wisp - First fanart I did. It's Wisp from Animal Crossing. I don't really like his lips but aside from that I'm proud of this. But limited time and tools were in play here so I wasn't really sure how to improve it.

6. Teeth - I'm very proud of this one. Bidoof ❤ Princsus would be too.
1641148232376.png

7. Villain - It's him, the most villainous of all. The super criminal.
1641148238944.png

8. Ghost - Honestly I think the quality dips around the middle point of the month. I think I got really lazy with this one, and I think I could do a much better job now.
1641148247754.png

9. Rain - Tried for something more stylistic here. Big fan of the big cute face on inanimate objects aesthetic, and I think I pulled it off with a moderate degree of success.
1641148255023.png

10. Pumpkin - Another kinda lazy one imo. I like how the face turned out but I need to work on studying body types I think.
1641148261727.png

11. Water - Honestly this one's just a meme. That being said it's very complex and meticulously crafted, so I'm proud of you if you understand the font choice.
1641148269679.png

12. Clouds - Went for something more abstract here. This one definitely could have been better.
1641148278150.png

13. Wings - This was unfortunately before I discovered references, so the cat looks a tad derpy. This could have used some colour to really make it pop I think. It was my first (poor) attempt at shading, and I really don't think it worked.
1641148291515.png

14. Robes - This is where I learned what references are and began using one. I still went fairly offmodel, though. That being said I think I have a career as a fashion designer ahead of me. This got some drip fr.
1641148306272.png

15. Stars - The third and final attempt at drawing a cat, this time entirely using the star tool. Not really sure what to say about this one honestly.
1641148323264.png

16. Potion - Really like this one. I wish the Erlenmeyer Flask had more depth but idk hard to complain with this one for me. I think it's really cute.
1641148337807.png

17. Haunted - This was a low point in the month for me, so I really didn't try that hard here. Honestly just traced this one from the Sugimori art because I was NOT in the mood LOL. Had to play around with the proportions a bit to get it to look right. A lot of C+P+Stretching and that makes the right side look a bit funky tbh.
1641148354022.png

18. Ghoul - i realized very quickly i do not want to draw a gHoul, and do not know how to draw a ghoul. so instead i drEw a gremlin, but not just any gremLin, a heckin' chonky one. i started Playing around with shading here. only really looks good when you zooM out imo, but i think it was a good first attEmpt. should have studied a reference more honestly
1641148367554.png

19. Howl - My magnum opus. Honestly really love this one. I think I did a really good job on the Hoothoot and I discovered I really like drawing that mon. Ended up studying the Sugimori art weirdly intensely here, and I think it turned out for the better, since I learned a lot of cool things about how to improve my art, especially from its feet.
1641148385946.png

20. Wind - Well there wasn't any way to go up from there anyways :/ I don't hate this one honestly. I think the leaves are really good for being drawn with a mouse, and I like how I did the eyes. Eyes are something I don't think I've ever gotten good at, so I like what happened here. Don't really like the cloud guy's shape tho. I feel like that could have used some touchups.
1641148401293.png

21. Rot - Absolutely the piece I put the most effort into, using a whopping two references, and me experimenting with a light source. I remember this one being really painful to make bc I only had so many colours to work with and kept fucking up and having to restart. I think the lighting looks awkward still, but that mostly comes down to paint's limitations when working with an artist of my caliber. Still proud of it, but I think I got a bit too ambitious for the medium, and the piece suffered for it.
1641148416443.png

22. Fog - Honestly I think this piece captures the idea of fog pretty well. Can't even tell what I was trying to draw because of how much fog's in the way :(
1641148429114.png

23. Sweet - There's a reason I only drew one modern Pokemon in this entire month. That being said I'm happy with this. Probably needed to put more effort into studying the reference though.
1641148440973.png

24. Enchant - Don't ask me why this is on enchant. I genuinely don't remember. I remember putting a lot of work into getting everything to fit perfectly together here. Of the abstract pieces I did, this one's probably the most pedestrian, but it's definitely my favourite.
1641148453194.png

25. Orb - Was gonna try something more complex in terms of shading here, but considering how rot turned out, I didn't want to get too ambitious and went for a back to basics approach.

26. Possess - Here's where I ran out of ideas. Spooky fork rawr :3 Hate the concept I came up with but love how I executed it. I think the fork looks surprisingly nice honestly. Used the Sugimori Haunter again to reference the hands, and I think they turned out really nice too.

1641148488395.png

27. Bone - Another really lazy one. Honestly just have nothing to say here.
1641148506187.png

28. Wand - This one's really simple so I probably shouldn't be that proud of it but I honestly kinda am. Just love the guy's stoic expression as he commits magic.
1641148515269.png

29. Mask - I'm really proud of this one. This is easily the piece here I put the most time into. Making this symmetrical on my own sounded like hell, so luckily I was able to discover the flip tool, and I think it turned out much better for it.
1641148525582.png

30. Trick - LOL she made a Pokemon reference she's a gamer too. Honestly I stopped trying after the mask one. Mostly just because I had no good ideas tbh. Trick and Bizarre are hard to plan for.
1641148541872.png

31. Bizarre - Honestly I kinda gave up here. I was going for something more abstract and while I do like the piece's use of texture, I think it's a bit direction/meaningless, so I'm not the biggest fan of this one. Set out to make something bizarre but idk if I really succeeded.
1641148548907.png

1641148575874.png

This is a DTIYS I did of Violet 's purple hair OC. (I call her Mervin). Idk I think she's cute.

1641148586750.png

aaaaaaand this is a piece that was initially meant for the Artd and Crafts PS room's spooky DTIYS event. Kinda sad it went unused since I put a ton of work into those two pokemon. First and only full colour piece I've done so far, but I think I could do much better if given more time and real tools.

1641148607332.png

also a 2021 year in review because i thought it was funny

So now I don't have an excuse to not do art this year. Ultimate goal for 2022 is to at some point acquire real software that isn't MS Paint, and then also a drawing pen since doing this on mouse is HELL. Honestly did not expect at all to be a part of this community even slightly at the start of this year, and I'm really proud of how far I've come. Really excited to see what I can do next year!

Last edited:

nya

its miyuki monday
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor
PS Admin
I downloaded real software faster than I expected to. So you get to enjoy the first thing I've ever actually put effort into.

Idt this is like stellar or anything, but doing this as practice taught me a ton about how to actually do art and I'm proud of that. I also learned that I should probably buy a drawing pad since mouse art is not fun.

1641088077597.png

1641095709489.png

Last edited:

nya

its miyuki monday
PS Admin
1641336814193.png

La la la lovely tiny pee Peepy
I wanna hug to the my boy pipipipi

Tried a different shading style here and while I think the colours look much better, it also looks more amateurish ig? idk but I guess that's normal when you're new. I really like how the ears+tail turned out, I just think the butt/feet shape look pretty rough. I also wish the beak had more depth but I genuinely have no idea how i'd illustrate that w/ the perspective i chose.

nya

its miyuki monday
PS Admin
1642134848132.png

Still playing around w/ stuff. Spent a lot more time on this than anything else I've worked on and while I still think it looks really amateurish, I'm happy w/ how it turned out. I feel like the hoothoot's body is in a super different style than the feet, which looks really jarring, but I don't have the work ethic to redo it from scratch. Didn't have a reference for the posing this time and even though it's literally just a ball I'm proud of myself

That being said im learning very quickly how bad I am at choosing colours. Shading effectively is hard ;-;

Still way better than the bulbasaur and the peepy imo ngl tbh tho

nya

its miyuki monday
PS Admin
ouiouiballs.png

This is an (unused) logo I made for a gstaff team randbats tour. Never really intended for it to get used, just wanted to see what I could do given the team name theme/the prompt of making a logo. (And also wanted an excuse NOT to use the logo Violet made)

I'm generally pretty happy w/ this though. I definitely need to study proportions a lot more before I start. I also think the beak looks kinda bad but I'm still very proud of how it turned out.

nya

its miyuki monday
PS Admin

Wanted to try drawing more Pokemon bc that seems like an important thing to learn on a Pokemon site so I tried drawing who I used in Legends (all gamers btw).
Not completely happy w/ a lot of it, but it definitely taught me a lot of important stuff, and I still want to document it here. I wanted to experiment w/ posing so that i wasn't just like exactly copying refs, and I'm pretty happy w/ how most of it came out.
I like the Ninetales the most bc I didn't think I could get it to look nice at all and the Shinx the least because his butt is disproportionately large and the shading is inconsistent.
Still a lot to learn tho, namely in regards to shading. I feel like most of what I did was just like stolen from the refs and I didn't put a lot of thought into how it would actually work in the context of the piece overall. Also I'm not a fan of how I've been doing linework, so I want to experiment a lot more w/ that.

idk if it's smeargle illegal to steal a background from a game and use that so oops if so

next on the agenda: learning basic fundamentals because i still have none :3

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
View attachment 396518
La la la lovely tiny pee Peepy
I wanna hug to the my boy pipipipi

Tried a different shading style here and while I think the colours look much better, it also looks more amateurish ig? idk but I guess that's normal when you're new. I really like how the ears+tail turned out, I just think the butt/feet shape look pretty rough. I also wish the beak had more depth but I genuinely have no idea how i'd illustrate that w/ the perspective i chose.
this is a masterpiece

nya

its miyuki monday
PS Admin
1648335244254.png

i am definitely not a month later than everyone else doing fanart of gen 9 mons...

im sorry i had to they're all so cute :(

I'm really happy w/ this one though. I think I mostly managed to keep them on model and the shading looks a lot better/is a lot more consistent than in the last thing I did. Granted that's mostly because of heavy reference abuse, but from talking to real artists apparently that's normal, so I'd assume that means I'm doing something right.

nya

its miyuki monday
PS Admin

The PS Arts and Crafts Room (GOAT room btw) held a Pokemon Background contest ~a month ago and for some reason I really wanted to try it. (Didn't enter because I was a judge AND it took me like a month after the thingy to have time to finish it but that's the point.)

I mostly just wanted to do like a birds eye view of Malie City from Mt. Hokulani because I randomly got that idea one day in the shower and thought it seemed cool.

I'm generally pretty happy with it, mostly because I've never tried anything like it before. That being said I think it could look like a lot more consistent within itself. The city's very geometric and I don't think it meshes well with the gradient on the car guard barrier cliff thing (idfk what its called). I think if I were to remake that I would have made the highway thingy way less prominent since it detracts a lot from the focal point of the piece which should be the city.

It's supposed to be at night, but idk how well that comes across. I think a lot of the shadows are too strong for moonlight, but they're largely pretty consistent within themselves so I'm very happy with that.

anyway tldr bc this is rambly: I learned a lot of new techniques from this and it was rly nice to try something unlike the last 4 or 5 things I did.

nya

its miyuki monday
PS Admin
in the hills suggested i draw a sudowoodo getting chewed on by bidoof because they think its a tree (rough paraphrase) so i used that idea as quick practice

so yeah thats what this is. im generally happy w/ it. i much prefer how i did lines here to the last few pokemon things i did. I need to like actually invest time into learning how to shade because i don't think this looks too good if you zoom in, but it still looks better than the unshaded version so i consider that a personal W

1654058265067.png

Edit: oh my god, go outside

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)