Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurrific

is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Community Leader
approved by Yoda2798 and Arcticblast

SwShIoA_Prerelease_G-Max_Vine_Lash.png

Dynamax Doubles OU Tournament

With the tier having stabilized in the past few months, there has been some talk about reintroducing Dynamax into Doubles OU. I originally wanted to host this tournament because I felt that there was noticable interest in Dynamax in the last survey, but not enough interest for serious conversations about retesting it. That changed when discussion started in the tiering thread, so now I'll be hosting this tournament with the goal of getting the community a feel for how Dynamax might play out in DOU.

Tournament-specific rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • This tournament will be single elimination.
  • Rounds will be best-of-three. You may switch teams between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown. Use the following command to challenge your opponents: "/challenge gen8doublesou @@@ !Dynamax Clause, -Weakness Policy, -Beat Up"
  • Replays must be saved. Any match win reported without replays will not count.
  • Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistence from a Doubles forum moderator. Coin flips will be done publicaly in the Smogon Doubles room.
  • This is a SS Doubles OU tournament with Dynamax allowed. Only Pokemon currently obtainable in Sword and Shield are permitted. Furthermore, Weakness Policy and Beat Up will be banned, as these have already been proven to allow for oppressive strategies in combination with Dynamax.
To sign up, please post "in" or "venukoal no skill" in this thread. Signups will close on Sunday, January 23 at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)