Tournament 1v1 Premier League VI - Tournament Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1642966488507.png

art by awa

This is the 1v1 Premier League VI discussion thread. Discuss anything related to 1v1 Premier League VI here. Feel free to post both serious and funny content, just try and keep things civil - don't be too toxic. Also, don't make spam posts.​

Last edited:
People like to laugh and joke about mr. bossaru's signup but I assure you his capabilities are legit. Mr. Bossaru has survived the brink of death (smogon ban) and come out a reformed individual. His playing skill leaves spectators stunned and with soaked jorts. He is also sure to get games done with his famous "contacted" line unless he is act-fishing you like a sigma. His co rounds out Mr. Bossaru making them a well-oiled machine of a premier league team. Crunchman is a TOURNAMENT MOD and everyone knows having moderator directly correlates to improved performance.

I would ask due to Mr. Bossaru's "ton of experience managing" he receive 1v1 manager. Any less than that would taint the tournament and I for one would retract my signup if Mr. Bossaru were to be excluded.

eblurb

Up late thinking about life
is a Tiering Contributor
People like to laugh and joke about mr. bossaru's signup but I assure you his capabilities are legit. Mr. Bossaru has survived the brink of death (smogon ban) and come out a reformed individual. His playing skill leaves spectators stunned and with soaked jorts. He is also sure to get games done with his famous "contacted" line unless he is act-fishing you like a sigma. His co rounds out Mr. Bossaru making them a well-oiled machine of a premier league team. Crunchman is a TOURNAMENT MOD and everyone knows having moderator directly correlates to improved performance.

I would ask due to Mr. Bossaru's "ton of experience managing" he receive 1v1 manager. Any less than that would taint the tournament and I for one would retract my signup if Mr. Bossaru were to be excluded.
1642376948761.png

1642376948761.png

Manager signup rankings
(hope these help Felucia Arai Rosa DEG smely socks)
1. crucify and Bopher
I was dubious whether to give ties in this or not, cause there are a lot of signups I deem almost number one, but I think the big reason crucify and Bopher are a step above other managers is the combo itself. Compared to other pairings that are one top tier manager with an unexperienced co manager, both william and bopher managed different teams in PL and played crucial roles in WC. They have both managed in the last PL, and crucify even has experience as a PL winner on the barraskewdas. Their teams' performances in last PL may be underwhelming, but I think both are due to the low quality of their co manager, and this is more than made up with by their insane support capabilities. crucify can build ORAS and BW (and DPP for MG) at the highest level reachable, and Bopher is one of the most sought for SS and SM builders, especially with his great innovation. They both learned from their mistakes last PL, and I believe they have the best chance at winning the entire tournament

2. DenisTheMenace and Close
Some of the most experienced 1v1 players in the manager pool and of all time, these two can shoot for the stars. They come off a stupendous wc win and both of them have always been on great teams, Close being one of the only two players to have not missed a teamtour playoff since 2019. Denis is one of the best SS players and builders and Close is proficient in basically every single generation, making him insane at team support in every tier. What holds this team back from the 1st place is their lack of experience as PL managers, and the fact that SEU was never a team that needed very hard captaining effort. They will have to prove they know what they're doing in the auction, but if that works out, everything else will easily snowball.

3. Mubs and HCTC
This is a duo that I just have to put up here, due to their outstanding results and the fact that they are, just like crucify and Bopher, a duo of experienced managers. The two were 1st and 3rd seed team managers in PL5 and team captains in WC5. What holds them back is that neither of these two is an outstanding player, builder on their own, and the fact that neither of these two acts as a "main manager", but both would be more suited to co manage someone else. They have their ways around that issue during the auction, for sure, but it is still not an easy burden to overcome. Nevertheless they are still a very good pair that has great potential

4. Potatochan and tears
Potato and tears are the crux of the Trojan Porygons, last PL's winners. After their winning performance they decided to take matters into their own hands and manage a team for themselves. Extremely scary duo that is way more volatile in my eyes, can both do great things or flop incredibly. The main crux of this conundrum comes from the absolute lack of managing experience from the both of them. Auctions are never easy even if you are used to them, and things can go very wrong without a lucid mind. tears specifically is not a very leading figure, and might end up being left on the sidelines as mainly only a player instead of a co manager. Potatochan on the other hand is a top tier player and builder that definitely has potential in managing, he's a great leading figure and great supporter, and I believe has the head on his shoulders enough to have a good auction. What holds them back is their respective wc performance, them being on the 8th and 7th seed team respectively, the former as a manager. We'll see what the pair reserves us

5. DEG and Itchy
To say deg is one of the best 1v1 managers would not be an understatement. He has managed to pull team Asia from the ground and make it a respectable, playoffs-worthy team time and time again, and his PL performance isn't any less noteworthy, with the Catgirls reaching semis in PL as third seed. His only downside is, similar to Potatochan, the downfall of Team Pacific under his captaincy, from projected 1st/2nd seed to last seed. The biggest downside to this duo is the co manager, itchy, being experienceless both playing and building. Itchy has been on the last seed team Poliwraths in PL5 but also on the first seed team US South in WC5, all while being a non-crucial player on either team, though. Not a great player or builder either, going negative in pl and even in wc. This may also be due to how new she is to 1v1 as a whole, though, only joining the scene in 2021, so all is up to debate. This team is not very favored to win from the get-go, but it definitely has potential if Itchy proves to be an asset and deg doesn't fall short of his capabilities.

6. STABLE and RTM write-up by crucify
STABLE aka RADU aka stableprince569 aka left his team chat after losing in pl finals tb is honestly a pretty good manager if you ignore the last part and him flaming people, telling them to l2p, and being in general a cocky larper. In pl5 on the thwackeys he did a lot of heavy lifting to get them to the position they were in, one game away from winning the whole thing, and he was basically a captain of the wc5 broken ass seu team that won the whole tour. He also wins some meme tours, winning two 2v2pls as a manager. He's one of the better 1v1 players at playing all the gens and builds a lot of teams, though his teams are unfortunately bad. His co is RTM aka poopy gorilla, someone who has not played in a team tour and only notable showing is having a deep run in a seasonal. His timezone is like +11 or +13 or something, so massive disadvantage there. Maybe he can do alright in ss but juries out on whether he can help radu as a manager and support his team.

7. Jamez and PA
Jamez is coming back to manage after the Trojan Porygons success in PL5, this time with PA. While it is true that he was the one who did the auction, most of the rest of the credits comes from the managers themselves being good players and from some of the drafts revealing themselves to be heavylifters for the team. Potatochan did most of the managing himself, even going as far as benching his own manager against their will, and players like tears ended up winning way more than they expected to. Other than PL, Jamez only has experience managing the Frozen Articunos in PL3, netting them 6th place. PA on the other hand is a player that has been in the 1v1 scene for a while, but never was very relevant, and does not have any managing experience. The duo can still potentially bring out a winning team, but with the managers being very inexperienced and only one of the two managers being a good player that is able to team support, odds are very against them.

8. Boat and Jabiru
To conclude our top 8 are Boat and Jabiru, two quite relevant 1v1 players. Boat has been a leading figure in all facets of 1v1 except playing for quite a while, but his managing experience is somewhat limited. He managed the Mighty Morphin' Morpekos in PL4 (with dubious merit on his part) to a finals tiebreaker, and has captained US West into reaching 8th seed and 7th seed. His metagame knowledge is limited to SM and his team support isn't the greatest. On the other hand the co-manager Jabiru is a better player and builder with no managing or captaining experience. One of the big flaws with this managing duo is how both of the managers specialize in the same gens, thus creating many more holes to cover during the auciton. This is a team that would struggle to make playoffs and very very difficulty would be able to win the tournament, although the chances are not 0.

9. Elo Bandit and Murman
In 9th place we have Elo Bandit and Murman, two players that have incredible synergy with each other. Bandit has been a leading figure in 1v1 ever since 2017, with his activity dropping heavily ever since SS release. His managing experience is limited to the PL1 Castaway Corsolas, which ended up being last place, and to the most recent World Cup, with his team reaching 7th place. His other appearances are on the Teatime Terrors as 5th seed, on the Frozen Articunos as 8th seed and WC3 and WC4 US West as 2nd and 8th seed respectively. Murman on the other hand is quite a new user, only being relevant since early 2021, with no managing experience and a very poor playing record. I don't like to beat around a bush so I'll just say it out right, this manager duo spells disaster, the upsides are not good enough to outbalanced the downsides and I haven't even said all I would have to say. I believe that given the right circumstances they could still pull together an acceptable team, but for a manager pair like this winning is out of the question.

10. Mishlef
I think he could do better than a few teams above him but managing without a co is out of the question, especially given his lack of experience. Find a good co and come back next year bop.

11. CallMeJJok3r + Yami
Don't know if this is a meme sign up or not so I'll add it. To be fair to them, both Joker and Yami are good players in their own right that cover multiple gens between each other, but as a manager duo they would not even reach the end of week 7. The auction would be a continuous struggle to find players that would even be willing to play for them, and the managers themselves are very likely to cancer if not kept in check by somebody else.

Overall extremely competitive manager pairings this year compared to the other years, good job guys.

edit: nick.see and doc1203 are 4th place move everyone down one

Last edited:
STABLE aka RADU aka stableprince569 aka left his team chat after losing in pl finals tb is honestly a pretty good manager if you ignore the last part and him flaming people, telling them to l2p, and being in general a cocky larper. In pl5 on the thwackeys he did a lot of heavy lifting to get them to the position they were in, one game away from winning the whole thing, and he was basically a captain of the wc5 broken ass seu team that won the whole tour. He also wins some meme tours, winning two 2v2pls as a manager. He's one of the better 1v1 players at playing all the gens and builds a lot of teams, though his teams are unfortunately bad. His co is RTM aka poopy gorilla, someone who has not played in a team tour and only notable showing is having a deep run in a seasonal. His timezone is like +11 or +13 or something, so massive disadvantage there. Maybe he can do alright in ss but juries out on whether he can help radu as a manager and support his team.
lmao you will NEVER manage the Drive-by Dragapults

Manager signup rankings
(hope these help Felucia Arai Rosa DEG smely socks)
1. crucify and Bopher
I was dubious whether to give ties in this or not, cause there are a lot of signups I deem almost number one, but I think the big reason crucify and Bopher are a step above other managers is the combo itself. Compared to other pairings that are one top tier manager with an unexperienced co manager, both william and bopher managed different teams in PL and played crucial roles in WC. They have both managed in the last PL, and crucify even has experience as a PL winner on the barraskewdas. Their teams' performances in last PL may be underwhelming, but I think both are due to the low quality of their co manager, and this is more than made up with by their insane support capabilities. crucify can build ORAS and BW (and DPP for MG) at the highest level reachable, and Bopher is one of the most sought for SS and SM builders, especially with his great innovation. They both learned from their mistakes last PL, and I believe they have the best chance at winning the entire tournament

2. DenisTheMenace and Close
Some of the most experienced 1v1 players in the manager pool and of all time, these two can shoot for the stars. They come off a stupendous wc win and both of them have always been on great teams, Close being one of the only two players to have not missed a teamtour playoff since 2019. Denis is one of the best SS players and builders and Close is proficient in basically every single generation, making him insane at team support in every tier. What holds this team back from the 1st place is their lack of experience as PL managers, and the fact that SEU was never a team that needed very hard captaining effort. They will have to prove they know what they're doing in the auction, but if that works out, everything else will easily snowball.

3. Mubs and HCTC
This is a duo that I just have to put up here, due to their outstanding results and the fact that they are, just like crucify and Bopher, a duo of experienced managers. The two were 1st and 3rd seed team managers in PL5 and team captains in WC5. What holds them back is that neither of these two is an outstanding player, builder on their own, and the fact that neither of these two acts as a "main manager", but both would be more suited to co manage someone else. They have their ways around that issue during the auction, for sure, but it is still not an easy burden to overcome. Nevertheless they are still a very good pair that has great potential

4. Potatochan and tears
Potato and tears are the crux of the Trojan Porygons, last PL's winners. After their winning performance they decided to take matters into their own hands and manage a team for themselves. Extremely scary duo that is way more volatile in my eyes, can both do great things or flop incredibly. The main crux of this conundrum comes from the absolute lack of managing experience from the both of them. Auctions are never easy even if you are used to them, and things can go very wrong without a lucid mind. tears specifically is not a very leading figure, and might end up being left on the sidelines as mainly only a player instead of a co manager. Potatochan on the other hand is a top tier player and builder that definitely has potential in managing, he's a great leading figure and great supporter, and I believe has the head on his shoulders enough to have a good auction. What holds them back is their respective wc performance, them being on the 8th and 7th seed team respectively, the former as a manager. We'll see what the pair reserves us

5. DEG and Itchy
To say deg is one of the best 1v1 managers would not be an understatement. He has managed to pull team Asia from the ground and make it a respectable, playoffs-worthy team time and time again, and his PL performance isn't any less noteworthy, with the Catgirls reaching semis in PL as third seed. His only downside is, similar to Potatochan, the downfall of Team Pacific under his captaincy, from projected 1st/2nd seed to last seed. The biggest downside to this duo is the co manager, itchy, being experienceless both playing and building. Itchy has been on the last seed team Poliwraths in PL5 but also on the first seed team US South in WC5, all while being a non-crucial player on either team, though. Not a great player or builder either, going negative in pl and even in wc. This may also be due to how new she is to 1v1 as a whole, though, only joining the scene in 2021, so all is up to debate. This team is not very favored to win from the get-go, but it definitely has potential if Itchy proves to be an asset and deg doesn't fall short of his capabilities.

7. Jamez and PA
Jamez is coming back to manage after the Trojan Porygons success in PL5, this time with PA. While it is true that he was the one who did the auction, most of the rest of the credits comes from the managers themselves being good players and from some of the drafts revealing themselves to be heavylifters for the team. Potatochan did most of the managing himself, even going as far as benching his own manager against their will, and players like tears ended up winning way more than they expected to. Other than PL, Jamez only has experience managing the Frozen Articunos in PL3, netting them 6th place. PA on the other hand is a player that has been in the 1v1 scene for a while, but never was very relevant, and does not have any managing experience. The duo can still potentially bring out a winning team, but with the managers being very inexperienced and only one of the two managers being a good player that is able to team support, odds are very against them.

8. Boat and Jabiru
To conclude our top 8 are Boat and Jabiru, two quite relevant 1v1 players. Boat has been a leading figure in all facets of 1v1 except playing for quite a while, but his managing experience is somewhat limited. He managed the Mighty Morphin' Morpekos in PL4 (with dubious merit on his part) to a finals tiebreaker, and has captained US West into reaching 8th seed and 7th seed. His metagame knowledge is limited to SM and his team support isn't the greatest. On the other hand the co-manager Jabiru is a better player and builder with no managing or captaining experience. One of the big flaws with this managing duo is how both of the managers specialize in the same gens, thus creating many more holes to cover during the auciton. This is a team that would struggle to make playoffs and very very difficulty would be able to win the tournament, although the chances are not 0.

9. Elo Bandit and Murman
In 9th place we have Elo Bandit and Murman, two players that have incredible synergy with each other. Bandit has been a leading figure in 1v1 ever since 2017, with his activity dropping heavily ever since SS release. His managing experience is limited to the PL1 Castaway Corsolas, which ended up being last place, and to the most recent World Cup, with his team reaching 7th place. His other appearances are on the Teatime Terrors as 5th seed, on the Frozen Articunos as 8th seed and WC3 and WC4 US West as 2nd and 8th seed respectively. Murman on the other hand is quite a new user, only being relevant since early 2021, with no managing experience and a very poor playing record. I don't like to beat around a bush so I'll just say it out right, this manager duo spells disaster, the upsides are not good enough to outbalanced the downsides and I haven't even said all I would have to say. I believe that given the right circumstances they could still pull together an acceptable team, but for a manager pair like this winning is out of the question.

10. Mishlef
I think he could do better than a few teams above him but managing without a co is out of the question, especially given his lack of experience. Find a good co and come back next year bop.

11. CallMeJJok3r + Yami
Don't know if this is a meme sign up or not so I'll add it. To be fair to them, both Joker and Yami are good players in their own right that cover multiple gens between each other, but as a manager duo they would not even reach the end of week 7. The auction would be a continuous struggle to find players that would even be willing to play for them, and the managers themselves are very likely to cancer if not kept in check by somebody else.

Overall extremely competitive manager pairings this year compared to the other years, good job guys.
Nice post but i think you forgot a duo

hi cuties, it is me edgar and i am posting manager power rankings.

ursa spammers manager prs

everyones really close this year so these were hard, ended up voting

8. Jamez + PA
Okay, lets be real, James won last pl as a manager and won classic (lol) but hes honestly weighed down as shit by PA. PA has managed a bunch of tours room tours, but this is 1v1pl bruh. With DPP gone, it's very unclear what PA can do as a manager except administrative stuff. He can play bw i guess??? like cool. How their draft will be is a huge question mark, last year porygons draft was not it and they got super bailed by their underpays (finch tears) and Jacob ascending as a builder. To their credit, James is pretty good as a leader and is a star player in 2022, but with how competitive this manager pool is they find themselves at 8th.

7. Mubs + HCTC
alright bro this dude mubs is the mock draft champion so surely they will get a good team.. right... both of these two have found some success as managers including catgirls, rps, east, and neu (made playoffs tb). however, the thing with both of these two is that they are both co-manager types of managers. mubs had his most success with deg, and hctc just does not give up main manager vibes. their team environment is gonna hinge entirely on their draft as both Type Like This In 2022, so its unclear the enjoyment their players will have playing for them. they both went 3-1 in the most recent wc after both doing quite bad in last pl, and can both probably do well supporting their team. biggest questionmark is team environment and whether they can build on their good performances last team tour

6. Bandit + Murman
not gonna lie these two are the number 8 manager pair in terms of their skill as players, but they compensate for it by being uber tryhards and being great teammates and supporting their team. for bandit, hes a very good teammate, people talk shit about his teams because of him using some jank sets and mu fishing a lot, but being able to play and build sm and oras is quite valuable. murmans spreadsheets and tryhardedness is massive as a teammate if how he helped gym socks in champs translates back to this team tour, though some of his own teams can be iffy to say the least (mishlef vs ipf game 7). neither have been managers in pl before, so lack of experience in the draft can hurt them, but their tryhard team support and synergy lands them above the previous two teams. These muhfuckas never even came close to a ring goddamn overrated ass managers holE

5. Kentari + Trashuny
the main concern for this manager pair is activity and community knowledge in 2022. Neither Kentari nor Trashuny have been particularly active in the community recently, so its unclear how their community knowledge and talent scouting is. To their credit, Kentari made it to PL finals in pl2 and Goliad said that they were a good manager, and both of these guys were on last years Catgirls which made semis. Trashuny has had some success in every gen of 1v1 so he can help in all gens, and Kentari has been one of the best sm players the past two years, however this dude brings some dogshit that only works for him so its unclear if he can actually support another slot, but they should do well as managers. questionable how their draft will be though

4. DenisTheMenace + Close
one massive pro of this team is that they are going into auction with themselves, i shouldnt have to explain how good these guys are as players, regardless of the massive price tag they are gonna have to pay to get both of em. having both bo7 and multigen covered is huge going into the draft. as a pair they cover ss and sm really well. the main disadvantage of this team is bw and oras is gonna be questionable as those are the tiers that they haven't played in the past, which is a weakness that the pairs above them do not have. both of these guys are good leaders and both extremely experienced as people and 1v1 players though so they'll figure it out. worth noting that neither of them have managed in pl before so they dont have experience in that regard and (meme point) both of them have ungood internet so that can hurt them in the draft

3. crucify + Bopher
These fuckers were both rated highly last year and then drafted some fairly dookeysack teams. With that said though, I think 2021 was the year of the armchair, and I trust crucify to make good calls drafting and during the tour. Mistakes were made (hard 16k or whatever on sice) and I defo think crucify will not draft 2 bad/mediocre teams in a row man. I don't really know what I'm expecting from bopher's building, idk if hes a mass builder type of dude. Crucify is tho, his bw is notoriously broken (if u exclude barras, which u should) and he can prolly build some good stuff in ss. He's been omega active and tryharding in oras lately, like deadass more than anyone, and everyone knows that tier is the most farmable that it's ever been. Good old gens = playoffs usually and if they draft the right dudes in ss and sm this may go super well. This building makes it really easy to feed a cheap player in an old gen or whatever, and value picks are broken in 1v1pl. Bopher the goat but his australia timezone may be perdemos if they don't get europeans which like which europeans are these dudes getting. radu? tsc? hell nah breh. also like i alluded to earlier, both these doods fumbled the bag last year. Bofa has also never had a deep playoffs run ever. So my thought is bofa may be expensive but he may not be ready for tb, meaning they may have to bend over backwards to have a servicable tb. They're prolly favored in bw but hmmmmmmmmmmm. Overall good combo but idk how broken these dudes are. They're more burnout prone than like jacob for example. I could see crucify getting tilted if his season starts out bad or something early in the season.

2. DEG + Itchy
deg + itchy land at number two. even though itchy is ungood as a player, they do aight with deg support. the biggest thing about this pair is that one of degs biggest weaknesses as a manager is him needing other people to build with him and motivate him, and itchy is the perfect person to do it, so degs power level skyrockets. deg is great ss oras and bw support, and the only tier they dont know about is sm which is coverable in the draft. deg + itchy has some really good pros and some quite notable cons. The pros are that deg is easily the best 1v1 new blood scouter by a wide fuckin margain, and hes a good ass teambuilder. He's also really old in 1v1 years. mans been around since before wc 1 in 1v1. With that said though, deg has made some questionable choices lowkey when it comes to slotting (last pl tb, phil in ss). Reasons like that make it a little hard to put him #1. Also, no rings bop. Inshallah he gets a ring doe mans deserves one

1. Potatochan + tears
it feels dumb to talk about why this pair is good, the reasons are pretty obvious. worth noting tears went coffin mode after wc, but he has been active recently and hes back with jacob now so he Will do well. gotta jerk them off at least a little though, potato building is broken in every single slot and he won multigen seeded, and having a top bo7 player going into the draft is huge. obviously they won last pl together and potato had a huge part in being a shadowmanager of that team. pacific didnt go well but thats not a fair criticism of both him or deg. these guys haven't managed in pl before so their drafting ability is questionable, but that is pretty much their only weakness as a pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)