NOC Bigvivor Mafia Game Thread Day 5

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Laurel I am town btw, trust

I want to believe you are also town & just don't like your role's relative power/aren't staying active as a result, because I feel like a Laurel that rolls scum tryhards (is my impression of you before playing mafia with you)

But if that's the case vote someone else and lmk the thought process and maybe I vote off and hop on with you

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
one thing that dave pointed out that we all skimmed over
Player originated message:

Zenzizenzizenzic is an obsolete form of mathematical notation representing the eighth power of a number (that is, the zenzizenzizenzic of x is x8), dating from a time when powers were written out in words rather than as superscript numbers. This term was suggested by Robert Recorde, a 16th-century Welsh physician, mathematician and writer of popular mathematics textbooks, in his 1557 work The Whetstone of Witte (although his spelling was zenzizenzizenzike); he wrote that it "doeth represent the square of squares squaredly".

Page from The Whetstone of Witte, 1557. Zenzizenzizenzike occurs at the top of the right hand page.
At the time Recorde proposed this notation, there was no easy way of denoting the powers of numbers other than squares and cubes. The root word for Recorde's notation is zenzic, which is a German spelling of the medieval Italian word censo, meaning 'squared'. Since the square of a square of a number is its fourth power, Recorde used the word zenzizenzic (spelled by him as zenzizenzike) to express it. Some of the terms had prior use in Latin zenzicubicus, zensizensicus and zensizenzum. Similarly, as the sixth power of a number is equal to the square of its cube, Recorde used the word zenzicubike to express it; a more modern spelling, zenzicube, is found in Samuel Jeake's Logisticelogia.
whats this

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
Laurel I am town btw, trust

I want to believe you are also town & just don't like your role's relative power/aren't staying active as a result, because I feel like a Laurel that rolls scum tryhards (is my impression of you before playing mafia with you)

But if that's the case vote someone else and lmk the thought process and maybe I vote off and hop on with you
er like

do you not scumread him but ykure still voting him im confused

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
interesting, why?
@ follow up message to Laurel

er like

do you not scumread him but ykure still voting him im confused
No I still dislike the majority of his posts and the only thing that counters my SR on him is my perception of what Laurel would do if he rolled some role like VT vs. scum. When he provides some reads and reasoning I'll ease up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)