Tournament Tours Plaza Premier IV - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daki

❄️
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator

Art by Albi, kindly refreshed by Clementine

Welcome to the fourth edition of the TOURS PLAZA PREMIER. Ready to take up the challenge as a manager? It's over here!​

• The tournament will be composed of 8 teams of 8 players and a minimum of 3 subs that will compete in a straight round robin tournament, and every team will get to play against every other team. At the end of the round robin, the top four teams will move on to our series semi-finals, where the #1 seed will take on the #4 seed, and #2 will take on the #3 seed, to determine our grand finalists. A win will be worth 2 points, a draw 1, and a loss 0.​
  • Each team has 110,000 points to spend on their draft of 8 players plus 3 subs minimum, with everybody on the team playing at least once. Each player starts at 3000 points in the auction, with playing managers fixed at 12,500 points per manager. This means that each team can have two managers playing.

This year, the different tiers played in this competition will be selected by the community in the form of votes between the most popular tiers.

• If you want to manage a team in TPP IV, make a post using the below format. These are open signups, meaning any pair of users, regardless of auth status, is eligible to sign up. These pairs will be vetted and chosen by the hosts (me and Micoy ) with the help of Tournaments room staff. This thread will be open for two weeks whereupon managers will be decided!
    Code:
    Manager:
    Assistant Manager:
    Team Name:
    List of Accomplishments:
    Why would you make a Good Manager?:
Make sure to check out Tours Plaza for more TPP Discussion and information!​

Last edited:

blce

can you see me?
Manager: fabwooloo

Assistant Manager: blce

Team Name: Ruhenheim Runerigus

List of Accomplishments: we have both played on multiple world cup teams, with fab captaining and playing for Pakistan in WCOP and playing UUWC for Team Asia, and blce having been on Team Canada for Doubles WC (finalists), PUWC and LCWC (semi finalists). additionally, both of us have had experience managing teams for the tournaments room's team tours, as fab managed the Icirrus City Imposters last TPP alongside temp, and blce has managed the Postwick Pults in TPP alongside trade, and the Dressrosa Dracovishes in BLT with gxe. blce has contributed a variety of art toward tours room team tours, having drawn team logos and more for both TPP and BLT.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: both of our teams last TPP had positive and active teamchats, both coming close to playoffs. fab and i can both offer test games and are absolutely willing to put in time to learn and help prep for the tiers featured in this TPP to help our players. additionally, fab was formerly on the stab n mega council and has good knowledge of the tier. we are looking forward to creating a fun team environment, hosting server games and having daily QOTDs. furthermore, we are both dedicated and enthusiastic managers that get along and cooperate well, and we are looking forward to making a splash after learning from our past manager experiences and providing a worthwhile and enjoyable experience for our players this TPP.

LOGO SOON COME.

Last edited:

Eggs

some days, you just can't get rid of an egg

Ducky, The Boy Wonder: Golly Gee Wilikers, Eggman! There's a Pokemon tournament happening, and rumor has it that the dastardly The Number Man is going to be there!
The Mysterious Eggman: Well, Ducky, I think it's time to assemble a crime-fighting crew to combat these conniving criminals! Quickly, to the Eggmobile! We need to sign up for the tournament!

Bat-managers: Eggs, Ducky

Team Name: The Gotham Golbats

[Art coming soon]

List of Accomplishments: I managed the Bannedorus-Therians during TPP3 and The Snomrades during OMFL, and Ducky was the host of the recent OMFL tournament and has been a player in PMPL. We are both OM Mashups Staff members and hold council positions on multiple metagames, and we also have extensive experience in explaining and coaching newer players.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: As manager of the Bannedorus-Therians and the Snomrades, I made it my top priority to foster a learning environment among the team. In both drafts, I made sure to draft 1-2 experienced players who didn't mind teaching, and then filled the rest of the team with newcomers to the tournament scene who were interested in learning. The more experienced team members were focused on teaching and coaching the newer players, who were able to take their new skills out into the tournament scene for the first time. Most importantly, in both teams, lineups were decided solely by each players' interest in each tier, and there was no pressure or value placed on the team's performance in the league. Switching slots was encouraged, because our primary goal on the team was to have fun in a tournament setting! Additionally, during OMFL, I worked closely with Ducky to keep things running smoothly (while he ran the whole shebang), and we've worked on a multitude of projects together, including a tournament.

sasha

one eyed owl
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
managers : myself, Ainzcrad
team name : TBD
accomplishments : I've managed NDPL (reached poffs), MWP (won), BDSP PL, NDWC, MPL, and NDMPL, with active team chats and all that good stuff. Ainz has managed NDPL, AG Snake(got finals), and TPP 3 and we've both played in previous TPP's and other tours room tours like BLT and such.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We both draft competent teams with active team chats with a competitive spirit :heart:

Sificon

I'm not here for your entertainment
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Manager: Me
Assistant Manager: Frixel
Team Name: Bouncing Bounsweets
List of Accomplishments: I managed the Bounsweets in the last edition of TPP already and we got to a solid 4th place. I'm a longtime tours player (and staff by now) and thus have a lot of experience (and same goes for Frixel)
1657147180856.png
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I'm bad but I have Frixel so that works I guess.

Attachments

Last edited:
Manager: Me (pika sup)
Assistant Manager: :shadowmaster6789:
Team Name: Battering Bidoofs :bidoof: :bidoof: :bidoof:
List of Accomplishments: I have been a regular in tours plaza and have a good understanding of the tours played there as well as the players who play there. Ive also been a longtime tp and tours player (voice by now) and so have a long of experience with this. Im also currently playing in blt. Shadow master is staff in tours and tp, while also being a tp regular for much longer.
Why would you make a good manager? : We both have a good understanding of players and try to bring the team closer beyond things like wins and losses. We would try to foster good team spirit and make it a good experience for everyone.

Last edited:
Manager: AtraX Madara
Assistant Manager: Milo
Team Name: TBD
List of Accomplishments: I am involved in Mono community while Tyler is involved across Smogon OU tiers. We played different team tours on smogon like PSPL, NDMPL, NDPL, OMFL and some other like cappl and 2v2PL. I am playing blt and i won the last individual tour of Tour Plaza so i am not really involved with the community but i do like Tour Plaza tours.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We are great guys and we would make sure to make our team members having fun and making them give their best, while doing our best to provide them good teams and a good atmosphere to stay in.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Euphonos
Co-Manager: PokeArt2004♥

Team Name: Balete Drive Banettes
(If there are any artists here who can help me with this vision for a logo, give me a call!)

List of Accomplishments:
Euphonos:
- Manager, 1v1PL V (Pyramid of Poliwrath)​
- Captain, World Cup of Other Metagames III (Asia)​
- Co-Captain, UUWC I (Asia + Rest of the World)​
- Co-Manager, OMPL VIII (Malevolent Misdreavuses)​
- Champion, UUPL III (Blackthorn City Battlegirls)​
- Finalist, OMPL IX (Five-Star Jolteons)​
- Finalist, NFEPL IV (Monferno Mafia)​
- Semifinalist, World Cup of Other Metagames IV (Asia)​
- Semifinalist, World Cup of 1v1 IV (Asia)​
- Semifinalist, Best Leaderboarders Tour IV (Fallarbor Florges)​
PokeArt2004♥:
- Co-Manager and Finalist, Tours Plaza Premiere III (Lavaridge Lopunnies)​
- [ON-GOING:] In Playoffs, Best Leaderboarders Tour IX (Lavender Laprases)​
- Draftee, Tours Plaza Premieres (I and II)​
- Draftee, Best Leaderboarder Tours (VI, VII, and VIII)​

Why would you make a Good Manager?: Because we have the credentials and proficiency of the metagames to lead one. Not to mention the activity and energy we bring to the table as managers to make our team as active as possible.

Last edited:
Manager: Myself
Co-manager: none
Team name: 44 Granbull
List of accomplishments/why I would be a good manager: I’ve played in this year and last year’s BLTs, OMSL last year, OMFL this year, as well as managed my very first team tour in last year’s 2v2 pool league, where my team finished 4th. I am also currently managing the Redacted Regidragos in 2v2PL. I’m active in teamcords whenever I can and always try to keep positive vibes and maintain a healthy environment where players are able to perform at their best. I’ve been a tours reg for almost 2 years now and know a lot of faces in the community, and I think I have what it takes to draft and manage a team to victory.

Last edited:

Latias

very interesting
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Myself
Assistant Manager: TDR
Team Name: TBD
List of Accomplishments: I have been a plaza reg for 2 years now(both in the room and on discord). In the room, I have won around...10 plaza cycles I think? So I have a pretty good understanding of both the plaza tiers and its playerbase. I have been in team tours such as RBYPL III and DOUWC. I have also hosted a DPP UU Spotlight tour. TDR is very active in tournaments. He has hosted 4 ROA Spotlights, RoaPL VIII, DPP Global Cup, 2 Roa Seasonals and 3 Live tours, and has played in BLT IX and PSPL X.
Edit: TDR also managed in NDWC
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We are both very active people and prioritize our team having fun over anything while retaining a competitive spirit.

Last edited:
Manager:Me
Team Name: Brazilian Infernape
List of Accomplishments: i played some tournments, lose all of em in the finals or semifinals, but still, i am triyng to get the rest of peoples and honestly, i just made this team, i guess i just want to try have some fun and i will try win for...to be honest for fun
Why would you make a Good Manager?: i dont know, but i would like to

Art by Albi, kindly refreshed by Clementine

Welcome to the fourth edition of the TOURS PLAZA PREMIER. Ready to take up the challenge as a manager? It's over here!​

• The tournament will be composed of 8 teams of 8 players and a minimum of 3 subs that will compete in a straight round robin tournament, and every team will get to play against every other team. At the end of the round robin, the top four teams will move on to our series semi-finals, where the #1 seed will take on the #4 seed, and #2 will take on the #3 seed, to determine our grand finalists. A win will be worth 2 points, a draw 1, and a loss 0.​
  • Each team has 110,000 points to spend on their draft of 8 players plus 3 subs minimum, with everybody on the team playing at least once. Each player starts at 3000 points in the auction, with playing managers fixed at 12,500 points per manager. This means that each team can have two managers playing.

This year, the different tiers played in this competition will be selected by the community in the form of votes between the most popular tiers.

• If you want to manage a team in TPP IV, make a post using the below format. These are open signups, meaning any pair of users, regardless of auth status, is eligible to sign up. These pairs will be vetted and chosen by the hosts (me and Micoy ) with the help of Tournaments room staff. This thread will be open for two weeks whereupon managers will be decided!
    Code:
    Manager:
    Assistant Manager:
    Team Name:
    List of Accomplishments:
    Why would you make a Good Manager?:
Make sure to check out Tours Plaza for more TPP Discussion and information!​
Manager: Me (honey_infp)
Assistant manager: StewiePkmn25
Team Name: Lavender Lopunnys
List of Accomplishments: I may not have many accomplishments but I have done several Pokémon sword battles and tournaments with my friends and won them. I know its not a good reason but I'd like to have a try.
Why would you make a good manager: I would support, help and lead the team with courage and responsibility. Our team are considered as nice people and will always be supportive and kind to eachother.
Logo coming soon..

Manager: Derpyboi
Assistant Manager: kDCA
Team Name: Limitless Lunalas
List of Accomplishments: Player in TPP III, ompl x manager, omwc iv champion to form overall team tour experience, and StabnMega council.
kDCA hasnt managed on smogon before but has managed discord pls before, winning every he has managed so far. He also has Smogon teamtour experience in cappl and has a really good score in individuals to boot like winners finals nd ssnls, ndlt poffs, and consistently does well in tours he participates in, including winning a stabnmega seasonal which is especially relevant to this tour as it's in the pool of tiers.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: We both have previous manager experience and can create good team environments and draft expertly. I have previous experience in TPP and know the players and community surrounding the tiers especially well, and combined kDCA and I can provide support for our team slots as needed as we both are experienced players.

Daki

❄️
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Thank you all for your signups, we appreciate your interest in this tournament and hope it will show as much interest when the time for the players to signup will come!
Without any further delay, here is the official list of managers who will be battling it out and trying to guide their team to the final this year:

:frosmoth: The FullMoon Frosmoths managed by frostyicelad & Memoric! :frosmoth:

:golbat: The Gotham Golbats managed by Eggs & Ducky! :golbat:

:runerigus: The Ruhenheim Runerigus managed by blce & fabwooloo! :runerigus:

:bounsweet: The Bouncing Bounsweets managed by Sificon & Frixel! :bounsweet:

:absol: The Absolute Absolposters managed by Icemaster & The Number Man! :absol:

:banette: The Balete Drive Banettes managed by Euphonos & PokeArt2004♥ :banette:

:greninja: The Grand Order Greninjas managed by cy and Ainzcrad! :greninja:

:mew: [Team name to be defined] managed by TDR and Haail! :mew:

Congratulations to all our new managers, and good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)