National Dex cannon turtle ruins setup walls (anything goes)

So I wanted to make a team for Mega Blastoise that helps get rid of some of its weaknesses, and after using it a few times I feel like I should ask if it's actually a good team. Here are the members.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Rapid Spin
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
Blastoise, the center of the entire team, helps with opposing Fire- and Ground-types with STAB Water Pulse, which is boosted even more by the Mega Launcher ability it gains upon Mega Evolving. Its Rapid Spin allows it to get rid of common entry hazards like Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock, while boosting its Speed stat. This, combined with its high defensive stats allows it to outspeed, tank, and KO faster opponents that would otherwise destroy it such as Dragon Dance Dusk Mane Necrozma. Its high Special Attack combined with its ability allows it to cripple powerful opponents like Xerneas and Mega Mewtwo Y. This tanky cannon is useful for teams that want to break offensive walls.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Dual Wingbeat
Scizor is a case where if your Blastoise is killed, you get a second destructive beast that uses low-power moves boosted by Technician to its advantage. Bug Bite is essentially Scizor's version of Blastoise's Water Pulse, making it just as scary. But unlike Blastoise, Scizor has Swords Dance, a move that doubles its already high Attack stat, and Life Orb, an item that boosts the power of attacking moves at the cost of HP. Its priority Bullet Punch allows it to revenge kill Geomancy Xerneas after it's been chipped by Blastoise. And if Blastoise hasn't fainted, you can switch it in against Fire-types that turn Scizor into a molten mess. Dual Wingbeat gives it a counter to Fire/Fighting-types like Infernape that can end its entire career as well.

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly
Nature
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
Infernape is helpful for fighting faster opponents thanks to its high Speed and STAB Iron Fist Mach Punch, which gives it +1 priority. Thunder Punch gives it a boosted coverage to Water- and Flying-types that may threaten it, and its Fire Punch not only is boosted by STAB and Iron Fist like its Fighting move, but is also stronger thanks to its high base power. Infernape's Choice Band lets it scare opponents that are more defensive, and if your opponent switches in something like Blissey, it'll be crippled heavily by Infernape's strong physical prowess. U-turn allows it to pivot to teammates while still doing decent damage, giving other members an easier time taking out the trash.

Nihilego @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Hex
Nihilego is not only a great help against special attackers thanks to its high HP and Special Defense combined with Assault Vest allowing it to eat up even an Earth Power from +2 Arceus-Fairy, but the high Special Attack it possesses lets it act as a tanky revenge killer. Its Hex lets it clean up after Klefki if it has statused the opponent, or if Nihilego itself has already done so. Its low physical bulk doesn't do well against strong physical attackers, and don't expect it to KO strong special walls unless your teammates have chipped at it already.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Stomping Tantrum
Amoonguss isn't the strongest link, and switching it in safely without sacrificing a member is hard because of its low bulk. But if pulled off, it can decimate opponents who are setting up by putting them to sleep with Spore and using Clear Smog to reset their stat boosts. If your opponent tries to switch into an immune or already statused Pokémon to counter the sleep move, it can be punished using Stomping Tantrum thanks to the double power it gets from having a previous move fail. Giga Drain in combination with good wakeup Spore guesses and its Black Sludge item let it chip away at foes while healing itself. It can switch in for Nihilego or Infernape against Water-type moves and start this cycle, making it an obscure yet useful teammate.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Torment
- Play Rough
- Toxic
Klefki is a good lead for opponents that are crippled by status conditions, and it punishes Choice Scarf Ditto with Prankster Torment by causing it to use a weak Struggle every other turn, Thunder Wave causing its free turn to have a 30% chance to not come out, and not even Dynamax lets it beat Klefki as its only attacking move is Play Rough. Its high bulk and Leftovers lets it stay longer to screw with the opponent's strategies, and even if it faints its work is finished by Nihilego. Thunder Wave and Toxic combined with its ability give it priority status-inducing moves that cause foes to cower in the face of a literal set of car keys. If left unchecked for too long, it can and will break entire gameplans.

The team's good all-around, but mostly specializes in ripping apart teams that try to set up and wall other teams. I honestly think I did an okay job at building this team, but I want to hear your thoughts.

cannon turtle ruins setup walls
:blastoise-mega::scizor::infernape::nihilego::amoonguss::klefki:

Last edited:

Evie

Nobody gets me like you
is a Tiering Contributor
the power level of the mons is just too low for ndag, scizor is much worse than mons like necrozma dusk mane

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
It’s not about whether you have answers to these mons, it’s just that they’re unviable with so many top-tier Pokemon simply outclassing your team.

252+ SpA Mega Launcher Blastoise-Mega Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Water: 126-149 (28.3 - 33.5%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO

Blastoise cannot switch into Calyrex-S
If Calyrex is switched into Blastoise it dies.
It’s not about whether you have answers to these mons, it’s just that they’re unviable with so many top-tier Pokemon simply outclassing your team.
Well, what do I do to actually take care of said top-tier threats?

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126

It’s not that you have a problem dealing with them (although you do) it’s that you’re missing out on so much power and utility by not using these Pokemon.

Evie

Nobody gets me like you
is a Tiering Contributor

1. You still have no Calyrex switch ins, if it gets in safely you might just lose the game or at least 1
mon

2. Use better pokemon

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Kyogre and Arceus-Water outclass Blastoise-Mega, unless you go with a Shell Smash set, which while it isn’t meta is a neat choice you could go with. Use things like Necrozma-DM and Yveltal to back it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)