Pet Mod SS OU Theorymon (Completed)

sorry for the late post, we already had the results but things were quite busy ^^;

without further ado, here is the reslate!

:ss/escavalier: + Stakeout
:ss/stunfisk-galar: + Toxic + Regenerator
:ss/frosmoth: + Earth Power + 20 SPE
:ss/rhydon: + Dry Skin + Shore Up
:ss/toxtricity-low-key: + Dragon type (Replaces Poison) + Clanging Scales (STAB) + 20 SPE

five days as usual! and note, Rhyperior will NOT get Dry Skin, but will get Shore Up.

:ss/escavalier: + Stakeout

hmm interesting and i like it a bit, had some more thoughts on it and i wish it was given more bulk but it can force a bit of the meta out with stakeout megahorn and close combat hitting most of the metagame esp with a stab megahorn against most offense teams they arent gonna like taking it

252+ Atk Stakeout Escavalier Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 262-310 (74.4 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Stakeout Escavalier Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 220 Def Zapdos: 215-254 (56.1 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Stakeout Escavalier Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 227-268 (58.8 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Stakeout Escavalier Megahorn vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 161-190 (42.2 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

:ss/stunfisk-galar: + Toxic + Regenerator

I like this because it can setup rocks, toxic deffogers and can switch out especially and can regen it off and can keep rocks against most foggers. It also is a great defensive sp. def steel since unlike drill it is a great counter to koko, an ok check to lele, and can annoy rotom-f, thundy, and can annoy dhelmise esp without an item.

:ss/frosmoth: + Earth Power + 20 SPE

So 2 problems it had was the inability to hit steels and its slow speed tier, base 85 isnt slow at all and it outspeeds a large chunk of the meta at +1 even zera, pult, and maybe some scarfers while being able to nuke heatran, melm, copperajah, cobalion, dhelmise, etc is a huge boon to frostmoth who now has ways to deal with it, it can easily setup on special attackers due to ice scales and can get a lot of free turns such as on slowtwins, koko, non MF fire latias, non mf latios, celebi, etc can make it a huge threat. I think this is good but its gonna compete asf with volcarona or gonna be competing with CB weavile as an ice breaker.

:ss/rhydon: + Dry Skin + Shore Up

Eviolite rhydon still sounds bad especially when rhyperior exists and why use this when gastrodon or toad exists if its solely for the rain MU. Rhyperior is the one we are talking about, with shore up + swords dance and huge levels of bulk rhyperior can easily setup on even super effective hits such as from corviknight, dragonite, aura sphere latias, and generally weak and potentially even strong physical hits can bounce off especially since it can recover it off and threaten +2 edge quake combo which i doubt anything wants to switch into it. Sounds good on paper and especially since it has solid rock it can find so many setup.

:ss/toxtricity-low-key: + Dragon type (Replaces Poison) + Clanging Scales (STAB) + 20 SPE

Specs is gonna go crazy! This thing is gonna spam clanging scale + overdrive and nuke a lot of pokemon with such good coverage. Even boots sets can run viably due to its nuts stab and anything that doesnt resist the dual stabs just gets volt turned on. THo its gonna compete with latios for sure I believe it has its place due to having nuclear stab and being able to volt on its counters (latios lost volt switch lol).

I believe escav = rhyperior = tox-low-key = frostmoth > stunfisk

I find it very hard to decide from the 4 mons as Stunfisk feels much less powerful compared to them and this is a very very good slate

:escavalier: When the public has frequent criticisms of a sub and I’m uncertain about it, I tend to avoid it. This is true here.

:stunfisk-galar: HOWEVER, when said sub is my sub and the main criticism is ‘boohoo i hate regen’ I will NOT succumb to peer pressure. This is a cool defensive mon and nobody can tell me otherwise.

:frosmoth: Goes hard. Forgot what beat it when it was subbed before, but it should be a nice volc alternative.

:rhydon: Nah we’ve chewed on this one and it’s not gonna be good. Rhyp is fine but yet another physdef physically-attacking ground no es muy interesante.

:toxtricity-low-key: I don’t like this sub. Don’t really care about its viability for that reason. Also Latios exists.

:frosmoth: > :stunfisk-galar: > :escavalier: > :toxtricity-low-key: > :rhydon:

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
y’all had some weird takes while voting for the rebuff subs huh?

:stunfisk-galar::escavalier:
stunfiskg’s the only viable one (base fisk was cooler tho)
all others would need another buff anyways so I’m just voting for the coolest one

so, it's been a while again. and this time we have an important announcement.

as agreed by the council, with generation 9 coming and lack of motivation in general, we've decided that this slate will be the last slate and closing of SS OU Theorymons. we do hope that we'll be able to hold this mod again for gen 9, but for now we'll have one last slate!
:ss/drapion: + Slack Off + Thick Fat
:ss/hippowdon: + Teleport
:ss/chandelure: + Magic Guard + Aura Sphere
:ss/salamence: + Aerialate
:ss/lycanroc-dusk: + Ghost type + Poltergeist

five days as usual (or shorter depending on the discussion now), let's get this going one last time!

Ema Skye

Work!
Already know I'm voting for Hippo if for no other reason than a teleporting hippopotamus is one of the strangest and scariest things I have ever thought of.

Drapion might be cool too.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:Drapion: I don't know what this for, not really. Is this another Weavile thing? I don't think this is an OU type beat anyway.

:Hippowdon: Main issue here is uh, Hippo already has gross 4MSS in OU. What does access to another tool in it's repertoire do other than give it more 4MSS while making it slightly better at one thing at the cost of other things.

:Chandelure: Now we talking. This Chandelure is a real menace, like ridiculously strong, especially since it doesn't really have switchins into LO. Aura Sphere makes it so even the likes of SpD Heatran ain't too safe, not even to mention TTar. If it were faster I'd call it outright broken, rn let's hope it's not too much to handle.

:Salamence: With Body Slam and Double Edge being it's available ability move options, I do not think this is too much for the meta to handle rn. BSlam is roughly 90+ bp after Aerialate and Double Edge will kill u after two hits. So I think we might be alright here.

:Lycanroc-Dusk: Personally my fav on the slate and probably the most well rounded, Dusk here mighty strong without being too much of a menace. Ghost Rock Fighting is nasty offensive coverage and in theory impossible to wall, but it will have to deal with it's paper thin bulk and negligible defensive utility.

:Lycanroc-Dusk: > :salamence: >> :Chandelure: >>>>>>> :hippowdon: >>> :drapion:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)