SS OU Grass overload balanced

So this is my team I built it’s a balanced team i made here’s the pokepast https://pokepast.es/1ff4874f29500cd8

:ss/tapu bulu:
Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge

tapu bulu is there to surprise common flying types and break common walls so kartana can sweep out speeds most threats to my team.
the spreads are there to deal big dmg and out speed it has enough bulk to take a hit or two plus horn leech to heal. I chose Tapu bulu over rilaboom because it has more bulk and a way to heal.

:ss/kartana:
Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Kartana is there to sweep my team is built around it. it has knock off for if you know there switch to cripple their pokemon. It’s spread of evs is to out speed and boost attack with beast boost. I chose the moves because the first two moves are stab the last 2 are for coverag.

:ss/clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Moonblast

Clefable is a cleric/magic guard tanker basicly it comes in wishes comes out to keep your team healthy. And evs to tank most powerful hits And heals the team status with aromatherapy . aswell as being anoying.

:ss/corviknight:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

corvinights job is to come in defog and come out it’s evs are there to tank strong pysical Hits. I chose brave bird bc my team struggles aggainst bug and grass roost to heal and uturn to get a free switch and defog to remove hasads.

:ss/rotom-heat:
Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 40 HP / 108 Def / 252 SpA / 108 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-heats nasty plot is there to prodicted switches and over heat or are there to deal with garchomp it 90% of the time on shot garchomp with a nasty plot boost. willow wisp to counter incomeing psyical hitters. Aswell The evs are there to rank common hits

:ss/swampert:
Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 16 SpA / 120 SpD
Serious Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Scald
- Earthquake

swamperts job is to cripple with scald and toxic earthquake to deal some dmg and evs are there to rank and deal dmg hes there to threaten ground types aswell as elektrik types. i slapped swampert on this team beacause it gose well with rotom-heat.

Last edited:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi Max op boy, welcome to the RMT forum! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

Edit: Unlocked, thanks for the descriptions!

Last edited:

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey i think this team has a great fundamental idea, however there are a few areas where I think the team can improve.

Major Changes:

:rotom-heat: :heavy_duty_boots: -> :blacephalon: :choice_scarf:

:swsh/blacephalon:
Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Trick
- Overheat / Fire Blast

Your team currently lacks a lot in the speed control department, Dragapult, Weavile and scarf Tapu Lele all become big problems if they are able to weaken your team enough, blacephalon is powerful enough to retain similar breaking power to your current Rotom-H, while outspeeding all of these threats once it is able to get in. Trick is generally useful in the stall matchup, crippling fat walls that hate being locked into a move and helps a lot in the Volcarona matchup, forcing a boosting volcarona to get locked into a single move.

Minor Changes:
:swsh/swampert:
Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake

Your team currently seems like it could use more pivoting, being stuck with using corviknight can be especially rough when facing electric types, flip turn allows you to bring your main hard hitters a lot easier, not relying on hardswitching them in. You're also currently lacking hazards, which can greatly help with kartana, bulu's or blacephalon's breaking power, while protect only really stalls for a turn, while I understand that this can heal swampert for a bit, it also gives your opponent a chance to position themselves to threaten swampert.

I also changed your ev's around to a standard spread, which isn't necessary but swampert usually appreciates as much spdef as it can get.

:swsh/clefable:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Wish support isn't super great on your current team structure, you should currently be trying to get your breakers in as much as possible as well as crippling your foes to make their jobs easier. This Clefable set helps in this aspect, moonblast hits the dragons that clef should generally be checking, while knock off and Thunder Wave can be extremely beneficial if used on Offensive pokemon, crippling them greatly for the rest of the battle.

:swsh/Tapu_Bulu: :life_orb: -> :coba_berry:

This is the most optional change in my opinion, I don't think it's entirely necessary to switch to coba, but Coba berry can be a very good tech option to lure faster flying types into believing they can win the 1v1 vs Bulu, Tornadus-T, Zapdos and Dragonite are all mons that can sometimes feel safe in trying to go for the kill with a flying move, while getting ohkoed back by a +2 Stone Edge (provided Dragonite's multiscale is broken)

Overall it's a great team on your end! These are just a few changes that I believe might help your team in the long run.
New Paste:
https://pokepast.es/b87d096bd0977c23

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)