Metagame [SPOILERS] Scarlet & Violet OU Discussion [BAN LIST POST 626]

Status
Not open for further replies.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
I mean, a 4x flying weakness is pretty hard to overcome:
Wait its flying type? no no noOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

here are are so many new interactions to add, the majority of which have only been (kinda) figured out in the past few days,
I think this gen has more gimmicks and stuff than gen 8, gen 8 was dinamax mainly, here we have prehistoric pokemon, prehistoric abilitys, nerfs, buffs, so they´ll probably take more time, still, lets be patient and everything will be alright

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
i literally run the tier dog
They joined Smogon 17 minutes ago. I'm sure they're trolling.

Also Scald being currently learned by just Volcanion is amazing, now I never have to worry on switch to a incoming Scald and worry about a burn on a physical attacker.

The Snow + Def boost I think will be huge in terms of popularity and usage a slight uptick from Gen 8 OU lol (My prediction)

Last edited:
5 bucks :Chesnaught: walls it
but on another topic, how much do you guys think PS! will take to update to the new gen? because i dont think they are gonna have it all by midnight, that sounds impossible
I'll bet 10 dollars it gets walled by it

Palafin finna be OU

It got Battle Bond, but debatably slightly worse. Zero to Hero is legit a Battle Bond but if you switch. It can use Encore locking, Haze, Boomburst. It gets walled by pex ye - until it pulls out Zen Headbutt

I think a CB set with Flip Turn (to proc Zero to Hero), Close Combat, Jet Punch for priority and Zen Headbutt / Tera Blast for Toxapex. Imma spam it on ladder and show y'all its potential

Furthermore, its stats. 100/160/97/106/87/100. Almost on the level of FUCKIN KYUREM BLACK. I'm almost certain this monster is UUBL if not an Uber. Its fast, strong, and can take a hit if need be. I'm so hyped man. This thing is Ash-Greninja at home and it'll prove itself

Last edited:
Probably, but we will cross that bridge when we get there. Due to limited distribution, we can isolate that problem whereas universal Baton Pass has proven to be problematic over numerous generations.
Cyclizar has a Regenerator Substitute thats also gets passed to its teammates. Who gets it anyway?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Also the Snow + Def boost I think will be huge in terms of popularity and usage (My prediction)
Ice still has nonexistent defensive utility due to lacking resists (only resists itself) and a ton of weaknesses, including a vulnerability to Stealth Rock in a meta that is looking to be very heavy on hazard stacking. (Boots exists but that means losing out on other potentially better items.) Offensive Ice-type might appreciate dodging a few KOs they wouldn't have otherwise, but I think the overall status of the type will largely depend on how weather interacts with Terastal and, eventually, if we get better hazard removal.

Ice still has nonexistent defensive utility due to lacking resists (only resists itself) and a ton of weaknesses, including a vulnerability to Stealth Rock in a meta that is looking to be very heavy on hazard stacking. (Boots exists but that means losing out on other potentially better items.) Offensive Ice-type might appreciate dodging a few KOs they wouldn't have otherwise, but I think the overall status of the type will largely depend on how weather interacts with Terastal and, eventually, if we get better hazard removal.
Better? Aren't boots in sv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)