Resource SV Monotype Bazaar

SV_Monotype_Bazaar.png

Amazing banner by Swiffix

Hello and welcome to the Scarlet & Violet Monotype Bazaar thread! The way it works is very simple: post the importable of your team with a brief description... and that's it! This is meant to be more casual than a RMT, so you can keep the descriptions in a small size, but make sure that they always follow the guidelines:

• The teams must be play tested
  • The importable must be on either pokepast.es or under a spoiler tag
  • No long descriptions OR teams without descriptions; one or two paragraphs at most is enough

Successful teams will also be added to the Team Showcase on the second post! If there's enough activity, they might be added based on a schedule, but for now, they'll be added case by case.

Last edited:
Team Showcase
Taunt Lokix Bug by TheWyvernKing
https://pokepast.es/9e047af346ea6508
:vivillon: :scizor: :slither-wing: :forretress: :volcarona: :lokix:
:Vivillon: Standard Vivillon set, pretty needed for the Water matchup in my opinion. I tried variations of the team with heracross instead here but the Vivi Lead is pretty needed in my opinion to not autolose Dondozo water. With it in the front, it can pretty easily apply pressure in the matchup, and if they lead Dondozo you can pretty effectively Energy Ball and Sleep Powder to get yourself into a fitting position. It's also solid for mons such as Bulk Up Great Tusk, and sets like that are the main reason why I run Vivi Timid. The 89 Speed Tier right now outpaces some important mons, Quaquaval/Great Tusk being the 2 biggest examples.

:Scizor: Probably the set that stands out to the most. Metronome Fury Cutter allows Scizor to 1v1 Dondozo by spamming Fury Cutter. Fury Cutter I surprisingly find myself using in other places as well, but it's mostly for Dozo. Metronome Bullet Punch is also pretty neat in the fairy matchup, as it makes spamming Bullet Punch without SD a bit more threatening and you wouldn't have to worry about insta death to Foul Play Klefki. Speed evs outspeed no speed Rotoms as well as adamant azumarill. Close Combat in the last slot for coverage.

:Slither-Wing: Life Orb with Close Combat/EQ 2hkos just about all bulky waters, and is an awesome wallbreaker in general. First Impression keeps the Dark matchup in your favor if you run SD Lokix, I suppose you could replace FI there if you have Band, but it's a neat priority move to have in general. Speed to get past no speed Rotoms, rest in bulk. There aren't a whole lot of significant speed tiers to cover that are slower than Slither, and having the bulk investment makes the mon a much more reliable tank as well, with the longevity from Morning Sun making it much more threatening in the ground/water mus. Having thoughts about changing the set around to try out Bulk Up or whatnot, as that would still help with bulky water but also make Gargancl a bit easier to handle, but this set works pretty well for now.

:Forretress: Pretty standard rocks spin set, with volt switch for momentum, and gyro ball to make sure it's not setup fodder for mons like Dragapult/Mimikyu/Baxcalibur. I consider Rocky Helm important here in this pretty fast paced meta, but you can defs swap it out for lefties or whatnot to help with longevity.

:Volcarona: Considering changing this set around, but love bulk volc in general. Speed evs lets it outpace +1 Iron Treads at +2, forget what the defense and special d cover, rest in special attack.

:Lokix: First used the taunt sd set cause people were like "you can beat dozo with taunt". Yeah no, this ain't gonna do shit to dondozo LOL. That being said, the Taunt SD set is surprisingly solid. Especially in the Ground MU it can find tons of setup opportunities, and Taunt shuts down a lot. There are matches where it's definitely better to have a band. Band would be better to swap into Sableye dark and just Uturn, helps more in Flying and vs. offensive builds in general. Taunt SD can still be a threat to offensive builds if it forces a switch to SD, plus it still has priority in sucker, but the places where you're really going to be wanting it are in the lategame vs. bulky mons like Toxapex. A band in the lategame vs. a healthy toxapex won't do anything for example, but a taunt SD could definitely cut it down low. I'll also say that while I specified the band set was better vs. more HO builds, and definitely reliable for just about all matchups, if you get an SD up vs. something like offensive dark you can pretty much just sweep if the conditions are right. +2 Sucker OHKOs mons like Meowscarada and OHKOs Roaring Moon if rocks are up. Anyhow they both serve different purposes but work with the team overall.
Balanced Lokix Bug by Neko
https://pokepast.es/942d530e3e691334
:forretress: :heracross: :scizor: :lokix: :volcarona: :slither-wing:
With no more Palafin that rudely just clicks Jet Punch against this team to win and the prevalence of Darks and Fairies, Bug can be a nice off-meta type. Without Booster Energy, Slither Wing has to run Life Orb to obtain the funny damage thresholds it used to have. Flare Blitz lets it deal with Corviknight (usually spdef rn) and Amoongus (which means it can wreck Poison teams if positioned well). Adamant First Impression Lokix is neat, its strong enough to roll for an OHKO against Chi-Yu, which is Bug teams worst nightmare.
Choice Specs Garchomp by mushamu
https://pokepast.es/43abeb5cc1fbf9f4
:clodsire: :quagsire: :garchomp: :ting lu: :iron treads: :great tusk:
This is a team I made that originally had Swords Dance Garchomp but I changed it to Choice Specs as I kept getting destroyed by Great Tusk and Corviknight. The immediate breaking power beats both nicely, OHKOing the former with Draco Meteor and 2HKOing the latter with Flamethrower. Power Gem is for Volcarona. Garchomp is generally a nice breaker combined with the defensive core and makes the team more aggressive alongside Great Tusk.
Expert Belt Iron Valiant by Neko
:Great-tusk: :iron-hands: :hawlucha: :breloom: :quaquaval: :iron-valiant:
https://pokepast.es/c281e888f86f3c15
Scarf Breloom is nice for people staying in, trying to break its Focus Sash, as this leads to setup opportunities for the rest of the team. Because of the relatively slow pace of this team, Hawlucha is added to help sweep with unburden later. If desired, you can just swap it for Toxicroak (Water Absorb helps a lot in the Water matchup, in particular). Iron Hands provides an out to a lot of scenarios; it can take a rain boosted liquidation and eliminate Barraskewda for you, it can take Roaring Moon's +1 Eq and OHKO it back with Drain Punch after minimal chip (this is why its Adamant), and you can safely trade with Flutter Mane if it came to that. Great Tusk's spread lets it live a hit from unboosted Fluttermane and OHKO it back with Headlong Rush. SD Quaquaval is scary with Moxie and near-perfect coverage. The huge downside for this team is that no one is immediately fast however; You can fix that by using Choice Scarf on Iron Valiant, however I think its fine for now due to Iron Hands eating up everything for now-
Scovillain Sun by Neko
https://pokepast.es/614f9a47c29670b3
:ceruledge: :Scovillain: :torkoal: :chi-yu: :talonflame: :volcarona:
Something of a pretty basic fire team. Talonflame is there for Scarf Treads, though you can swap it out for Rotom-H if you wanted to. I just felt like the priority brave bird is pretty clutch in dealing with Iron Valiant and Quaquaval, to name a few. Volcarona was chosen over Iron moth mainly due to preference, as I prefer not to get nommed by Scarf Earthquakes if it came to that point. Cereludge has the other form of priority in Shadow Sneak, picking off Flutter Mane and Dragapult while also cleaning types such as Ghost after its hit. You can choose to use Colbur berry for baiting in Chi-Yu if you want to, but not getting bothered by entry hazards was more appealing to me. [Edited the paste to Colbur, btw] Stomping Tantrum is a nice move to pick of weakened Chi-Yu's, which are kinda stinky to fight for fire teams [You can use Body Press + W-o-W Torkoal btw for this reason]. The main problem with this team is the inability to deal with dragons (Roaring Moon XP) effectively.
Choice Scarf Flutter Mane by mushamu
https://pokepast.es/42199eee01e9ea7f
:flutter mane: :dragapult: :gholdengo: :brambleghast: :spiritomb: :mimikyu:
Nice Ghost team to use in tournaments. The Dragapult set beats Quagsire by burning it and then wasting its low PP recovers by Dragon Darts, allowing you to beat Water and Ground. Choice Scarf Flutter Mane is brazy against offense in general and Power Gem nukes Fire. Spiritomb is a great Dark neutrality and defensive wall, and Substitute 3 attacks Gholdengo poops on a lot of defensive cores.
Tatsugiri Fat Water by mushamu
https://pokepast.es/a22b9206397aebef
:tatsugiri: :dondozo: :quaquaval: :toxapex: :slowking: :gastrodon-east:
2 IQ Water team I made that features the god Toxapex with a defensive core and Tatsugiri + Future Sight + Quaquaval for pressure. Tatsugiri is a nice Pokemon because of its offensive presence and Rapid Spin. Encore on Quaquaval is nice for setup Pokemon like Hydreigon and whatnot.

Last edited:
a mono fighting that i'm kinda of proud:
https://pokepast.es/019d4097873a0dab
great tusk is the physical bulky mon, can tank some play roughs and revenge kill meowscarada and usually gets his stealth rocks while spinning the oponnent's hazards
gallade is kinda of a special wall, works as a flutter mane counter since he can ohko with psycho cut and his moves boosted by sharpness can hit hard
iron valiant is the special attacker holding choice specs, inspired by keldeo, psyshock for clodsire
quaquaval can sweep with aqua step and moxie if the opponent blunders and if he goes too low on hp, you can bp the speed and attack boosts
hawlucha wants to use close combat, consume the white herb and spam acrobatics, if you have the opportunity, you can use sd and brave bird is just so it's not useless against mono ghost
and pawmot is the best terastalize mon with banded mach punch tera fighting, can ohko many, and i mean, many dark types which are so common

and a mono electric and a mono fire team:
https://pokepast.es/5b0671fa09de4b54
you try to take advantage from electric terrain using the electric moves and all that stuff, iron hands hits really hard while tanking physical attacks, rotom wash is the special bulky mon, sandy shock can clean some stuff, iron thorns gets a really good speed tier with scarf and pawmot loves to spam banded mach and ice punches
https://pokepast.es/2a26cbeff447918e
use the sun to launch nukes with overheat in chi-yu and rotom-heat, scovillain is really good with chlorophyll, chi yu is doing a lot of damage too with the scarf and sun, skeledirge can will-o-wisp some stuff and boost his sp atk with torch song, that's kinda of his thing, and ceruledge wants to swords dance + weak armor sweep
those are probably worse than the fighting one, i built them quickly to test the type in this gen

A Mono Water Rain Bulky Offense that got me into top 100 on the ladder: https://pokepast.es/c75f8c133712ad70

Short description: Pelipper sets 8 turns of Rain, Gastrodon is the default electric immunity and hazard spammer, Pex does Pex things and pivots with eject button, Skewda is the Swift Swim abuser and Palafin and Iron Bundle are the broken breakers. This team lacks hazard removal, so you have to be careful with opposing hazard spam. However, this team also spams hazards very well, and with Boots Bundle, Regen Pex to soak up Tspikes and Spikes immune Pelipper you still have quite a bit of longevity even if hazard are up on your side of the field. Bundle deals with grass and dragon. Barraskewda or Palafin are generally the mons to Tera, they demolish any team without a very study water resist. Especially Palafin is a menace in the late if you have up hazards.

Here are some squads that I've had the most fun with thus far in Generation 9.

:iron-valiant: :great-tusk: :quaquaval: :iron-hands: :breloom: :gallade:
sora to utsuro (Iron Valiant) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere
- Moonblast

rich flex (Great Tusk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

1st degree murder (Quaquaval) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- U-turn

52Hz (Iron Hands) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Drain Punch
- Volt Switch
- Wild Charge

Troll Inc. (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

finesse (Gallade) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sharpness
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Shadow Sneak
Here's an offensive fighting team that might be my favorite team to play thus far in gen 9. Shoutout to my boy Aehzo for originally crafting this team. Iron Valiant is your main special attacker. Moonblast + Aura Sphere are your main STAB, and Thunderbolt is used to hit water and flying types such as Palafin, Quaqaval, and Corviknight, and Toxapex. Great Tusk is your main support Pokemon, setting up rocks, spinning away hazards, and knocking off items. Choice Scarf Quaquaval plays the role of the main cleaner of the team, Aqua Step allowing it to become even faster while also amassing attack boosts when it kills via Moxie, Close Combat is a strong Fighting STAB, Ice Spinner is good coverage, hitting Pokemon such as Dragapult and Dragonite, and U-Turn allows for pivoting. Iron Hands is your special tank, being able to live Flutter Mane's moonblast, and OHKO it with Heavy Slam. Breloom is here to do annoying Breloom things with Spore, and is a potent wallbreaker after a SD. Gallade plays the role as both a Scarfer and Wallbreaker, with sharpness essentially acting as a Choice Band. Night Slash basically allows Galllade to solo ghost at times. Choice Band can also be ran if you want to go for even more power, but it comes down to whether you want some extra tech for the Ghost matchup, or if you'd prefer an even more potent attacker.

:pelipper: :palafin: :barraskewda: :iron-bundle: :quaquaval: :quagsire:
zion (Pelipper) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Roost
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off

rags2riches (Palafin) (M) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Zero to Hero
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Jet Punch
- Taunt
- Drain Punch

city escape (Barraskewda) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Crunch

roki (Iron Bundle) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn

new tooth (Quaquaval) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin

LETS GOOOO (Quagsire) @ Eject Button
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Yawn
The main Water team that I've been using this generation. Pelipper is here to set rain, self explanatory. Palafin is just an absurd mon. Taunt allows you to set up on mons that attempt to wear Palafin down with status, Bulk Up is your form of set up, Jet Punch is the main priority move that you spam, and Drain Punch allows you to recover health. Barraskewda is the speed control of the team. The ultimate generation 8 meme set of scarf Barraskewda seems strange at first, but in a metagame where the speed tiers are currently ridiculous, the set can come in handy to ensure you always outspeed Specs Iron Bundle without rain and boosted Flutter Mane in rain. Iron Bundle is your special wallbreaker, Hydro Pump doing absurd damage in rain. Quaquaval is another form of speed control, also being able to sweep with Aqua Step + Moxie and removing hazards with Rapid Spin. Quagsire is an Electric immunity who serves as a blockade for potent physical setup sweeers that dominate the metagame, such as Roaring Moon, with Eject Button allowing for the team to maintain momentum if you decide to switch-in on an attack. Leftovers or Rocky Helmet can alternatively be used.

Last edited:

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
Some fun or soon to be banned squads:

:flutter mane: :klefki: :iron valiant: :scream tail: :azumarill: :hatterene:
Flutter Mane @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spikes
- Foul Play

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Knock Off

Scream Tail @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Bulk Up
- Calm Mind
- Encore

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Brick Break

Hatterene @ Kee Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
In the words of maroon,
[13:35:22] +maroon: its fine [13:35:27] +maroon: baton pass abt to be mono history
If it's not obvious by Baton Pass being present, the team as a whole functions as a gimmick. Behind screens, it's nearly impossible for anything to do much to Scream Tail, allowing it to further set up prior to passing to any of the 4 threats that exist alongside it and Klefki's utility. In my experience so far, since Baton Pass is still free to be utilized, you can get at least a Bulk Up and Calm Mind off (rarely only one) before passing, thanks to Encore or simply Scream Tail's insane bulk behind screens. Most commonly passing happens to Flutter Mane with how speedy the metagame is at the moment, but in instances where I've come across Poison teams or thicker Ground or double priority Water teams, passing to Hatterene works out pretty well. After an extra boost from the Kee Berry, Hatterene can reverse sweep HO water teams in TR with ease, wipe Poison by (at worst, usually) 2HKO'ing Skuntanks, if they exist, or ~2HKO'ing Revavroom. The team itself is pretty easy to pilot if you've used Baton Pass before, so use it before you lose it!

:baxcalibur: :cyclizar: :dragapult: :roaring moon: :dragalge: :tatsugiri:
Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Glaive Rush
- Icicle Spear
- Protect

Cyclizar @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Shed Tail

Dragapult @ Spell Tag
Ability: Infiltrator
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Darts
- U-turn

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Protect
- Focus Blast

Tatsugiri @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Storm Drain
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Memento
- Surf
Dragon is... interesting. I wanted both to utilize Dragalge due to the overwhelming presence of Fairy and take advantage of their lack of hazard removals (and seeming lack of Hatterene on opposing teams), so it made sense to include T-Spikes and Gunk for Flutter Mane. Cyclizar is an interesting addition this generation, because of its ability paired with Shed Tail. It's a good lead in plenty of matchups, because it allows for the standard hazard lead to be taunted by something fasted, followed by a fat Shed Tail into something that can do decent damage. Baxcalibur will be a huge threat in a few months from now, having an ability that prevents it from both being burned and raising its attack if hit by a fire move. Loaded Dice is an insane addition to items this generation, allowing for 5-hit moves to hit a minimum of 4 times, effectively giving a 100% accurate 100-125 BP move (that can break through opposing substitutes, should they even exist). Glaive Rush, the signature move, can't be used twice in succession, while also allowing for Baxcalibur to take 2x damage the following turn, so that's why I've chosen protect. Even when Adamant, it can pull off at least 1, if not 2 Dragon Dances due to its decent bulk, while still outspeeding enough of the non-Spe+ Paradox additions to OHKO them. There's not much that walls it once it gets to +2. Tatsugiri is scarved because I wanted something besides Roaring Moon (EV'ed to get a speed boost) that could outspeed non-Spe+ Flutter Mane, while simultaneously being able to do significant damage or tossing a Memento and allowing for something else to come in at a slight advantage.

:annihilape: :dragapult: :mimikyu: :gholdengo: :brambleghast: :froslass:
Annihilape @ Punching Glove
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Rage Fist
- Substitute/Stealth Rock

Dragapult @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Tera Blast

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Leech Life

Gholdengo @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Make It Rain

Brambleghast @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Wind Rider
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Curse/Leech Seed
- Strength Sap
- Giga Drain/Power Whip

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
This team is also, in my opinion, decently straightforward and likely includes some sets that may become staples or have already seen plenty of usage. Anti-lead(-ish) Froslass only really needs to get up a single layer of Spikes to do much to most types, thanks to the lack of removal and high damage output across the board (except for Poison, sorry) in tandem. Again, taunting another lead's attempted hazard setting allows for a layer of spikes (unless they're faster..., in which case you know what to do!). Wisp helps for anything with Steel or Rock coverage coming in, or potential opposing Steal Rock lead Annihilapes, followed by the self sacrifice. Annihilape is fast and HP EV'ed so that it may set up in front of most physical threats (sorry roxie) , gaining power in its signature move Rage Fist all the while (+50 BP per hit, does NOT lose the added BP on switch-out, but does not activate behind a substitute). Punching glove is added in for extra damage from both Drain Punch and Rage Fist, allowing for better damage output and survivability, not to mention the Ghost/Fighting dual STAB that hits nearly the entire meta for at least neutral damage. Dragapult is relatively standard with the exception of Tera Blast > Phantom Force due to the ability to Terastallize to a ghost type in order to utilize a single turn attack, and Infiltrator for any pesky subs that may be floating around thanks to Cyclizar or else. Brambleghast helps with Water, as well as being able to both remove and Strength Sap physical threats, as well as be just annoying enough to utilize Leech Seed or Curse. Gholdengo is a wild concept, due to an ability that allows it to not be affected by any status move (including Encore, Taunt, and Defog). Make It Rain is a powerful Steel type special attack (120 BP) that lowers its SpA by 1 stage, but that can easily be negated via Nasty Plot and/or Recover on an opposing switch.

https://pokepast.es/a4b9ec05d3366a6a
Mono Dragon HO featuring choice specs Dragalge

Dragapult is the screens stetter. U-turn and Shadow Ball are optional.

Cyclizar is the reason i made this team since it can pass substitutes to the sweepers so that they can setup safely.

Baxcalibur is the wallbreaker, nothing that is not a fairy can really take a +1 terra dragon double power glaive rush.

Roaring moon is the late game cleaner alongside dragonite, they cover eachothers weaknessess really well

Dragalge is the fairy answer and it does surprisingly big damage with specs adaptability sludge wave to basically everything

Dragonite serves as a backup plan to deal with the thing that roaring moon cant hit(mostly breeloom)

https://pokepast.es/96f06cb0003b242d
Mono poison that has got top 30s on ladder.

It's focused around spreading status and sweeping with glimora and gengar. Gengar can be swapped out with Iron moth as the steel matchup is almost an insta loss. Gengar can also be scarf and run trick or another offensive move over shadow ball and clod can also run spikes or posion jab over toxic.Most movesets can be swapped and changed tbh, have also utilised air baloon prankster grafaiai and salazzle but found them more inconsistent.

Some matchups can be won just through the defensive core. I don't think poison is a strong type this Gen and some matchups are losses unless you can get opponent to misplay. The lack of weezing and crobat cause lots of issues due to amoongus having to sponge all ground attacks and having no hazard removal outside of glimora.

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Posting some funny teams that might be better used in the correct hands :blobnom: (I'm a stinky battler)
oh and click the minisprites for the pasta too

:scovillain: :torkoal: :ceruledge: :talonflame: :chi-yu: :volcarona:
Something of a pretty basic fire team. Talonflame is there for Scarf Treads, though you can swap it out for Rotom-H if you wanted to. I just felt like the priority brave bird is pretty clutch in dealing with Iron Valiant and Quaquaval, to name a few. Volcarona was chosen over Iron moth mainly due to preference, as I prefer not to get nommed by Scarf Earthquakes if it came to that point. Cereludge has the other form of priority in Shadow Sneak, picking off Flutter Mane and Dragapult while also cleaning types such as Ghost after its hit. You can choose to use Colbur berry for baiting in Chi-Yu if you want to, but not getting bothered by entry hazards was more appealing to me. [Edited the paste to Colbur, btw] Stomping Tantrum is a nice move to pick of weakened Chi-Yu's, which are kinda stinky to fight for fire teams [You can use Body Press + W-o-W Torkoal btw for this reason]. The main problem with this team is the inability to deal with dragons (Roaring Moon XP) effectively.
*here is the same team with Future Volc over present Volc, it can clean Dragons late-game after an Agility, but I'd be waaay more wary of Earthquakes with this team. Beware.

:forretress: :heracross: :scizor: :lokix: :volcarona: :slither-wing:
With no more Palafin that rudely just clicks Jet Punch against this team to win and the prevalence of Darks and Fairies, Bug can be a nice off-meta type. Without Booster Energy, Slither Wing has to run Life Orb to obtain the funny damage thresholds it used to have. Flare Blitz lets it deal with Corviknight (usually spdef rn) and Amoongus (which means it can wreck Poison teams if positioned well). Adamant First Impression Lokix is neat, its strong enough to roll for an OHKO against Chi-Yu, which is Bug teams worst nightmare.

:great-tusk: :iron-hands: :hawlucha: :breloom: :quaquaval: :iron-valiant:
Scarf Breloom is nice for people staying in, trying to break its Focus Sash, as this leads to setup opportunities for the rest of the team. Because of the relatively slow pace of this team, Hawlucha is added to help sweep with unburden later. If desired, you can just swap it for Toxicroak (Water Absorb helps a lot in the Water matchup, in particular). Iron Hands provides an out to a lot of scenarios; it can take a rain boosted liquidation and eliminate Barraskewda for you, it can take Roaring Moon's +1 Eq and OHKO it back with Drain Punch after minimal chip (this is why its Adamant), and you can safely trade with Flutter Mane if it came to that. Great Tusk's spread lets it live a hit from unboosted Fluttermane and OHKO it back with Headlong Rush. SD Quaquaval is scary with Moxie and near-perfect coverage. The huge downside for this team is that no one is immediately fast however; You can fix that by using Choice Scarf on Iron Valiant, however I think its fine for now due to Iron Hands eating up everything for now-

:baxcalibur: :cyclizar: :dragapult: :garchomp: :roaring-moon: :dragonite:
Freeze-Dry Baxcalibur is chosen as it commonly lures in Freeze Dry Weak mons in an attempt to wall it. Its also Choice Scarfed so that you dont immediately lose to Chien Pao if it happens to be a Swords Dance set, and is also immediately faster than non Choice Scarf Flutter Mane. In that regard, Garchomp is also holding a Roseli berry to deal with Fairies and Iron Valiant too. Shed Tail Cyclizar passes to Roaring Moon and Dragonite, which can flip matchups such as Water if done on a nice turn. Scarf Pult revenge-kills Shell Smash Cloyster, Iron Bundle, and (non-Sucker Punch) Chien Pao. This team is pretty funny though, and was made with a help of a friend. :blobnom:

Last edited:
Another high ladder posion team. This one is much more consistent with previous poison teams. https://pokepast.es/025370438cfde6fd

Amoongus is very strong this Gen, and your win con against ground, spore threats and spam Giga drain; heavy duty boots as hazard control is so difficult with posion this Gen.

Toxapex is here for water and all physical attackers, set up toxic spikes whenever possible and spam chilling water against physical attackers and haze if they set up.

Clodsire is a surprising win con against threats with curse, and can sweep opposing poison teams and steel teams once scarm is dead. Set ups rocks on ghost. Can also run body press if struggling in the dark matchup.

Glimora is scarf, tried many sets in monotype and still can't find an effective set. Setting up spikes is not as effective as other types as you have nothing to threaten a defogger like skarmory. Corrosion over toxic debris as you can poison amoongus, toxapex and the annoying steel types who are predicting toxic debris. Glimoras high SP
atk is very underated and can punch holes and sweep up late occasionally. Still the one Mon who is a necessity but doesn't offer enough.

Skuntank, just here to take down big so atk threats and any psychic attacks, toxic and protect to wear down threats and switch between regen Mons once they are poisoned. Sucker punch for the stab priority, gunk shit destroys hatterene and flutter mane.

Haunter is the MVP of the team and can shut down so much. Levitate alleviates the ground spam and can then protect on the threatening move and then disable, will o wisp and spam hex. Very good annihilape counter as they all run drain punch and rage fist, once rage fist is disabled you can burn and hex or just spam hex.Tried gengar with air balloon but haunter is much more consistent.

Iron moth can be used instead of glimora with scarf or boots if steel is becoming an issue.

Easily got top 50 with this team and it plays alot like previous poison teams if any poison players are struggling to find a consistent team. Still don't think poison is strong this Gen, I do think poison offense will be strong once sneasler and overqwil are released but will still struggle with no hazard control outside of glimora.

Have fun using the team and let me know how it goes

https://pokepast.es/d676be9b7ab847de
Bug I got top 10 with, I think I'm somewhere around 15 with it now, it's the only team I use on my main. There are a few adjustments I'm still making here and there to try and cover threats but figured I should post what worked for me. Bug I found as a solid anti meta since the tier started, having winning mus vs. Ghost/Fairy/Dark, and even when Palafin was in water it was maybe a 50/50 at worst.

Life Orb Slither Wing OHKOs Chi Yu with First Impression, it's also solid for breaking mons such as Toxapex with EQ. I also like what it brings to the dragon matchup. Very helpful in the face of Chomp.

Rocky Helm I found the preferred item on Forretress this gen. Such a fast paced meta and alot of physical threats, end of the day forre usually comes in and either sets up rocks or pivots out. Not to mention but being able to kill Maushold with Helm and punish physical attackers is always nice. Gyro I found pretty necessary tbh for setup mons like Dragapult, plus let's Forre beat some other stuff in the 1v1. Volt provides momentum, and the usual spin/rocks.

Lokix is the standard Band set. Especially with ghost and dark being so common it can be helpful in alot of common matchups, plus between Scizor + Lokix + Slither Wing the priority attacks help loads in this kill or be killed meta. I love momentum as well, and Lokix is the best offensive Pivot bug has.

Scizor is a pretty standard 3 Attack + SD set, with Speed to get the upper hand on Adamant Azumarill. Bullet Punch is the main reason to use it, with Metal Coat helping it catch OHKOs at +2. Close Combat has proven needed in multiple games against mons such as Kingambit. Whereas Trailblaze has proven useful in ground and water matchups

Vivillon is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Especially if you want to run BulkVolc, which I absolutely love. Annihilape is a threat this gen and Vivillon's flying stab is more useful than ever. In the Dragon matchup it's super helpful also, as a mon that punishes Chomp that don't switch out with Sleep + Hurricane spam. In general, getting chomp out before Scizor catches a sweep is needed in the Bug v. Drag, and Vivillon is super helpful in getting that. Running Timid instead of Modest this gen, so many things in the speed tier just below like Adamant Annihilape and Max Speed Great Tusks. It's way more helpful in the fighting matchup this gen than previous ones, with less stress on it to stay alive in order to check certain mons, plus it gets alot more free reign against the slower speed tier than previous gens that fighting has without the Horse Sword Quad.

Lastly, BulkVolc is super helpful. It pretty much wins some Ghost matches when they don't have Skeledirge, and is able to setup on loads of stuff not to mention live Sucker from Kingambit. Running Psychic as the 4th attack to help with Toxapex. The evs actually had more special defense at the start of the gen, but regardless I find it more useful to have special defense investment on Volc than in previous gens right now.

I'm still making a few adjustments to the growing meta, Dondozo isn't impossible but is definitely more of a pain than Palafin for the team, and I might need to make some more switches as I make changes. Fire is an auto forfeit pretty much, but every other type I feel pretty comfortable facing in a 1v1, with the only other mon of note that really brings trouble is curse unaware clodsire. Though even then, that isn't too difficult to handle in the Bug v. Poison though the Bug v. Ground with it has some more annoying support.

Last edited:
Would anybody be able to let me know their thoughts on my ghost team?
https://pokepast.es/751ca203162f2e45
It's a tweaked version of ken_'s ghost team. I like skeledirge as a defender who can take a hit and maintain momentum with eject button. The rest of the mons are pretty standard monoghost mons imo.
Just a small optimization, you don't need SpA on that Dragapult build as you are using only physical attacks, so you can go Adamant not to lose on Defense and use your leftover EVs on either Def. Unless I'm missing something.

Just a small optimization, you don't need SpA on that Dragapult build as you are using only physical attacks, so you can go Adamant not to lose on Defense and use your leftover EVs on either Def. Unless I'm missing something.
Yeah lol I think I mixed them up, thanks for lmk!

https://pokepast.es/d676be9b7ab847de
Bug I got top 10 with, I think I'm somewhere around 15 with it now, it's the only team I use on my main. There are a few adjustments I'm still making here and there to try and cover threats but figured I should post what worked for me. Bug I found as a solid anti meta since the tier started, having winning mus vs. Ghost/Fairy/Dark, and even when Palafin was in water it was maybe a 50/50 at worst.

Life Orb Slither Wing OHKOs Chi Yu with First Impression, it's also solid for breaking mons such as Toxapex with EQ. I also like what it brings to the dragon matchup. Very helpful in the face of Chomp.

Rocky Helm I found the preferred item on Forretress this gen. Such a fast paced meta and alot of physical threats, end of the day forre usually comes in and either sets up rocks or pivots out. Not to mention but being able to kill Maushold with Helm and punish physical attackers is always nice. Gyro I found pretty necessary tbh for setup mons like Dragapult, plus let's Forre beat some other stuff in the 1v1. Volt provides momentum, and the usual spin/rocks.

Lokix is the standard Band set. Especially with ghost and dark being so common it can be helpful in alot of common matchups, plus between Scizor + Lokix + Slither Wing the priority attacks help loads in this kill or be killed meta. I love momentum as well, and Lokix is the best offensive Pivot bug has.

Scizor is a pretty standard 3 Attack + SD set, with Speed to get the upper hand on Adamant Azumarill. Bullet Punch is the main reason to use it, with Metal Coat helping it catch OHKOs at +2. Close Combat has proven needed in multiple games against mons such as Kingambit. Whereas Trailblaze has proven useful in ground and water matchups

Vivillon is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Especially if you want to run BulkVolc, which I absolutely love. Annihilape is a threat this gen and Vivillon's flying stab is more useful than ever. In the Dragon matchup it's super helpful also, as a mon that punishes Chomp that don't switch out with Sleep + Hurricane spam. In general, getting chomp out before Scizor catches a sweep is needed in the Bug v. Drag, and Vivillon is super helpful in getting that. Running Timid instead of Modest this gen, so many things in the speed tier just below like Adamant Annihilape and Max Speed Great Tusks. It's way more helpful in the fighting matchup this gen than previous ones, with less stress on it to stay alive in order to check certain mons, plus it gets alot more free reign against the slower speed tier than previous gens that fighting has without the Horse Sword Quad.

Lastly, BulkVolc is super helpful. It pretty much wins some Ghost matches when they don't have Skeledirge, and is able to setup on loads of stuff not to mention live Sucker from Kingambit. Running Psychic as the 4th attack to help with Toxapex. The evs actually had more special defense at the start of the gen, but regardless I find it more useful to have special defense investment on Volc than in previous gens right now.

I'm still making a few adjustments to the growing meta, Dondozo isn't impossible but is definitely more of a pain than Palafin for the team, and I might need to make some more switches as I make changes. Fire is an auto forfeit pretty much, but every other type I feel pretty comfortable facing in a 1v1, with the only other mon of note that really brings trouble is curse unaware clodsire. Though even then, that isn't too difficult to handle in the Bug v. Poison though the Bug v. Ground with it has some more annoying support.
I like this team a lot. I had given up on Bug when Tera was banned so I couldn't run Adamant Banded Lokix and just one shot everything with Tera Bug First Impressions anymore. I gave it another try with your team and it still seems strong. I switched Flare Blitz to Wild Charge on Slither Wing and it feels good. I got up to 130ish on the ladder so I'm not great by any means. Curious if you have made any other changes since this post?

I like this team a lot. I had given up on Bug when Tera was banned so I couldn't run Adamant Banded Lokix and just one shot everything with Tera Bug First Impressions anymore. I gave it another try with your team and it still seems strong. I switched Flare Blitz to Wild Charge on Slither Wing and it feels good. I got up to 130ish on the ladder so I'm not great by any means. Curious if you have made any other changes since this post?
Only thing I've been focused on as far as bug goes is how to handle Dondozo. Special Defensive quite literally 6-0's. It's 1 mon and is impossible to handle without running something extroardinarily unviable like Vespiquen or Electro Ball Rabsca. Which would basically be a 5v6 battle for most other matchups. Without changing my team the only tech I can think of to try is either Taunt Lokix - which still means sacking something and especially with Water Support will not be a gamechanger at all, not to mention is a set that doesn't work as well on Lokix... Or Fury Cutter Metronome Scizor, which requires the Dondozo player to stay in and is also as ridiculous as it sounds. Anyhow mostly been using the bug team above, but been looking for techs all the same.

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey folks! This is my first post in the bazaar and I'm excited to present a very successful Ghost team that has allowed me to reach #6 on ladder, hopefully #1 soon.

:Froslass: :Annihilape: :Flutter Mane: :Mimikyu: :Gholdengo: :Dragapult:
(Click on the sprites for Pokepaste)

First off, I decided to use Froslass as my Spikes setter over Brambleghast for the sole reason of having Taunt. Rapid Spin is definitely helpful although Taunt has helped me deny entry hazards, recovery, setup, and screens in more cases than I would need to remove entry hazards. Additionally, Froslass' speed is a major help against opposing leads. I typically switch between Destiny Bond and Shadow Ball depending on how much I see Hatterene or opposing Froslass on ladder, I've had more usage with Shadow Ball. Annihilape is a win condition that basically wins against Ground, Steel, and Poison quite effortlessly. Furthermore, it's my biggest asset against Dark barring Choice Specs Chi-Yu and Iron Jugulis, those need to be removed first. Flutter Mane is exceptional as it supports the team against Dark, Dragon, and annoys Sucker Punch users with Substitute. Mimikyu provides priority against opposing Dragapult and Flutter Mane and is just plain irritating with Disguise. Gholdengo is my primary speed control unless I see too much Poison, I just switch to Choice Specs. Dragapult is quite nice as a pivot, Focus Sash breaker, and is basically unstoppable against Dragon once it sets up a Dragon Dance. I could probably go into more depth however I would save it for the RMT section if I ever want to post this team there.

Hope you enjoy!

Haven't felt like laddering in a few days but here's the Dondozo water I got to #2 on ladder with earlier this week on my 1900's Devil alt.
https://pokepast.es/d6224751ba94493d
Toxapex I gave an Eject button to help bring in Iron Bundle, in the Dark Matchup you can easily pressure the otherside when they click Flower Trick with Meowscarada. If it does 30% just go back to Toxapex after cause it's scarfed, if it does 45% you can go Bundle and click Ice Beam. Haze/Recover for pex things, Toxic Spikes I found more useful this gen with limited removal, and Gunk Shot to help with Hatterene switchins and Grass Types like Breloom/Meowscarada.
Slowking is important because it lives 2 Freeze Drys from Specs Iron Bundle and can OHKO back with Focus Blast. Future Sight is also really neat in the Fighting Matchup.
Gastrodon is hazard stack and special defensive, together with Slowking they can answer most special threats pretty reliably.
Made Dondozo physically defensive here to provide better defensive Utility against physical attackers and to ease pressure off Toxapex. Doesn't 6-0 some stuff like Bug as easily but I found it fits better with the team, shutting down physical setup completely. Together with Toxapex/Gastro/Slowking you have a solid defensive core that answers the meta pretty well.
Iron Bundle is Iron Bundle, super useful in the dragon/water mirror/grass and overall a solid wallbreaker.
Quaquaval is spinner, and given how aggressive the meta is it can easily find opportunity to lategame clean with Aqua Step + Moxie, especially threatening in the Dark matchup.

Hi! I'm going to post for a long time, a little steel team that I find very fun to play :bloblul:

:Orthworm: :Tinkaton: :Kingambit: :Corviknight: :Magnezone: :gholdengo:

Since the beginning of the generation, I wanted to play again this type which was very popular and versatile in 8g, but without heatran and without aegislash, the type could not be as strong, and seems to me even rather average.
So I went for a Bulky-offense based team to get the best out of it, the team is centered on Orthworm and his Shed Tail move, as well as on Tinkaton and Gholdengo.

:Orthworm: Is a pleasant surprise, his ability makes him immune to ground attacks which is always very powerful in steel, coupled with his physical bulk and his possibility to spikes, body press, and shed tail, he seems to me almost unavoidable in this early generation.

:Tinkaton: Has what I need in the team, something capable of holding a blow from that demon :Chi-yu:, then paralyzing him so that this team has a chance against him.
252 SpA Chi-Yu Overheat vs. 252 HP / 216+ SpD Tinkaton: 314-372 (83.9 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Chi-Yu Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 216+ SpD Tinkaton: 218-258 (58.2 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

:Kingambit: The unexpected evolution of Bisharp, so far I find that it perfectly resumes the role of its pre-evolution.

:Corviknight: It is really the most interesting bird in the type, the roost nerve is a bit disturbing, but it is still useful. I had initially opted for a defog - iron def - body press set, but given my team, and the usefulness he finds there (not to mention the number of unnaware), I finally opted for a brave bird - taunt - bulk up set, which provides considerable support to the team.
It can come behind a clone after shed tail, hold a fire attack thanks to its berry, and keep the unnaware in check.

:Magnezone: For magnezone, I find it interesting in specs for damage, and it leaves room for a scarf without sparing the team's hitting power.

:Gholdengo: Surely the most dangerous ghost cowboy in the west! I've seen several sets since the beginning of the generation, but the one I definitely preferred was the scarf. It has good speed and an excellent special attack, coupled with its move signature Make it rain.

Have fun!

Here's a Fairy team with some familiar faces from last gen along with some new additions that I've been enjoying.

https://pokepast.es/0f985d981ad469ad

Iron Valiant is running a mixed Choice Scarf set because Close Combat + Moonblast is just really reliable, I think mixed is the way to go for a Scarf set. Good speed tier and offensive stats makes it a good Scarfer, also has absolutely nothing to fear from Kingambit's Sucker Punch.

Hatterene's Magic Bounce acts as a mandatory stop to hazard spam from Ting-Lu and friends and can be a devastating sweeper with Calm Mind and Screens support from Klefki. It can also hit decently hard without any boosts while being able to tank some strong hits, making it probably one of the most important mons for the team. Speed EVs are for Toxapex.

Probably the most important mon for the team, Klefki has always been excellent on Fairy and with how limited hazard removal is in the current meta it excels even more than usual with its Spikes. Screens support is also huge for an offensive team such as this, and Thunder Wave lets you annoy mons that want to exploit it or cripple key threats. Physically defensive lets it check Chien-Pao as best as possible but I could see SpDef being good also.

Flutter Mane is definitely all around one of the strongest mons in the tier, and on this team its no exception. With Choice Specs its serves as the team's reliable answer to walls which Hatterene cannot handle, and can tank special hits with Light Screen support in a pinch. Power Gem in the 4th slot is an odd choice but it lets you reserve sweep Fire-teams using Sun+Protosynthesis speed boost, which otherwise can be a hard matchup with Klefki being easily overwhelmed.

Azumarill is just as good in this meta as any, though I find I only use Belly Drum in about 50% of games. It some games I'll mostly defensively by nature of its good typing to check stuff like Chi-Yu and Kingambit (yeah alot of Dark mons in this meta huh) and its ability to hit back hard even boost-less. Belly Drum of course is still good to have when the opportunity arises, I think the Speed EVs are for Corviknight but you probably could afford to put more in HP if you wanted.

Gardevoir is admittedly just sort of the filler in the 6th slot, its not a super crucial mon so if you really want Mimikyu or Grimmsnarl this would be the one to switch out. Despite this having a second Choice Scarfer is useful in this offensive meta, and Healing Wish can be good if timed right.

Even if Flutter Mane is banned I could see this team still being good with some adjustments, you would probably just need to substitute it for a different wall breaker since that is what this current team structure relies on it for. Hatterene+Klefki are far more crucial than Flutter Mane on a match to match basis from my experience. Ghost is probably the hardest matchup that isn't an inherent crapshoot (Steel but that's rare thankfully) so I might experiment with swapping Gardevoir in the future.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1729865688-dejtp8rfcqmlvz4ffowpuusd1fvrsmspw Replay vs. Posion (Hatterene sweep)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1731247833-06qw6yme5zp4ecpy2yrvk291tv2e4c2pw Replay vs. Dark (Close match)

This has got to be one of, if not the most fun gen 9 team I have created thus far.

:klefki: :kingambit: :gholdengo: :iron-treads: :corviknight: :forretress:
hyperventilation (Klefki) (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave/Foul Play

akingisborn (Kingambit) (M) @ Black Glasses/Chople Berry
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Steel
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

ssx tricky (Gholdengo) @ Metal Coat
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Make It Rain
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

lookintomyeyes (Iron Treads) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 48 SpD / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Volt Switch

wock to poland (Corviknight) (M) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Body Press
- Brave Bird
- Roost

get back (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
I've been hyping up Steel in the mono room for a bit now, and I really do find the type to be underrated as hell. Steel has some seriously strong Pokémon in its arsenal, and while it may not be the defensive juggernaut of generations past, offensive Steel is a tremendous option in generation 9. Klefki's role is to set screens and spikes, pretty self explanatory. Kingambit is an absurdly strong Pokémon. Swords Dance allows Kingambit to add to its already high attack, Cleave is your main Dark STAB, Iron Head is your steel STAB. This mon can decimate walls such as Toxapex and Amoonguss, and its ability can help you pull of late game sweeps. While I prefer Black Glasses, Chople Berry can alternatively be run to help with the Dark Matchup and add to its bulk. Gholdengo is a bulky wallbreaker, who plays a vital role in blocking status moves and Rapid Spin. Nasty Plot is used to set up and restore your SpA after using Make It Rain, Thunderbolt is run for bulky waters like Dondozo, and Recover is used for longevity. Metal Coat is preferred to maximize Make It Rain's power. Iron Treads is your speed control, able to creep and kill Scarf Chi-Yu and Volcarona at +1. The remaining EVs are put into SpDef to increase its bulk. Corviknight is an extremely hard to kill bulky set up mon, Occa Berry run to further sponge Fire-type moves when screens are up. Corvknight is an extremely important Pokémon in matchups such as Ground, Fighting, and Dragon where it can single-handedly swing said matchups in your favor. Forretress is utility, setting up rocks, spinning away hazards, and pivoting with Volt Switch.

Overall, extremely fun team that synergizes really well and can hold it's own against most of the tier's premier types. I really hope you guys can understand why I feel as though Steel is an underrated type through this team.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/0a23f0f2035f617f
Elec team I got to 1600s with.
:Iron-Hands: This mon is S tier electric for sure, especially with Chi Yu now going I can imagine it being even more potent in the Fighting matchup. With Swords Dance the mon puts insane offensive pressure on the opposing team, and with it's bulk it lives just about everything. It's pivotal for answering threats like Dragapult, and even +1 Adamant Roaring Moon doesn't OHKO with Earthquake.
:Iron-Thorns: Loaded Dice Pin Missile/Rock Blast is loads of fun, slow speed tier means it usually feels alot of pressure when getting up DDs but when it does it puts in work. Especially nice in the Fire matchup, and just spamming Pin Missile works as well at times vs. stuff like Dark. It's solid natural bulk means it can help check some mons. A dragapult behind a sub for example wouldn't be able to OHKO at +1, so you would be able to sack thorns in order to counter with Iron Hands.
:Rotom-Wash: Max Bulk and Will o to help against physical threats, Nasty Plot Stored Power helps vs. stuff like Clodsire. Only set I really am considering a change for but it's been pretty reliable so far.
:Sandy-Shocks: I ran Toxtricity in place of this at start of run, benefit there was a bit more damage output from Overdrive/Boomburst as well as being a bit more useful in water/fighting mus. Found Sandy Shocks to be more worth overall, Protosynthesis boost in Sun is awesome for Fire Matchup, better speed tier let's it outpace +1 Quaquaval and just more stuff in general, Earth Power means it's more beneficial in Poison mu, and better bulk overall let's it become more reliable throughout the game.
:Eelektross: Love this mon, hard counters Flutter Mane with Heavy Slam while also living 2 specs moonblasts. Heavy Slam also hits Hatterene pretty hard. It's movepool leaves it unable to hit dragons, but it's more useful for bulky waters like Gastrodon and steel types like Gholdengo to have Flamethrower/Giga drain. With Chi Yu going it should feel a lot less pressure as well in the Dark matchup.
:Oricorio-Pom-Pom: Counters Volc which is cool, defog control helps with hazard stack, a mon I desperately wish I had an alternative for but it comes in clutch. Annihilape being banned means I also don't have to rely on it to chip the monkey, which was definitely stressful lmao.

Ethereal Sword

Fezandipiti
is a Tiering Contributor
https://pokepast.es/4a8ff9bfd104bff8

Hello everyone. I wanted to share a Bug team that I got to ~1600 with. It is very fun to use and there are several surprise tricks to catch people who don't take the team seriously. In general, it is a pretty typical webs hyper offense team, and it utilizes Rabsca's Revival Blessing to aid the attack.

:spidops: Commonly (imo unfairly) regarded as the worst webs lead on Bug, Spidops nonetheless provides enough tools to do its job. It is what you might expect from a webs lead, but Insomnia prevents sleep from stopping webs from going up, and U-Turn provides valuable momentum. First Impression is useful to snipe a Chien-Pao lead or whatnot (happens remarkably often) and Sucker Punch is used as a valuable priority option on a slow mon. Max Atk investment lets Spidops hit deceptively hard on a super-effective attack. Spikes can be used instead if desired.

:scizor: Mandatory for Bug teams, Band is probably the best set. Trailblaze is immensely useful for the Ground matchup, Brick Break and Close Combat is an opinion call. Speed EVs are to outspeed Specs Sandy Shocks after a Trailblaze boost.

:lokix: The typical Band set. Another mandatory pick.

:volcarona: Yet another mandatory pick. Giga Drain can be used but I like Morning Sun's flexibility. Psychic is valuable for Toxapex and to a lesser extent Clodsire.

:slither wing: Perhaps a somewhat unpopular pick, but I maintain that, owing to its Fire coverage and access to U-Turn, Slither Wing is just a better version of Scarf Heracross/Buzzwole. It also kind of helps with the Fire matchup (but it's still hard to win). There are of course other Slither Wing sets but Scarf is simple and effective.

:rabsca: Finally, the star of the show. Rabsca is one of the few Bug types that can beat Dondozo, and Specs-boosted Energy Ball in fact 2hko's it (this thing has a SpA stat of 115!). Furthermore, Rabsca beats both Iron Hands (at -1 Spe) and Great Tusk 1v1 with Psychic, and in matchups where Rabsca is not as useful, it has added utility in Trick and the trump card, Revival Blessing. Revival Blessing permits the player to be more aggressive with their sweepers as it provides a second chance if the first attempt to sweep went awry, which is very useful for a hyper offense team that is... economical with regards to bulk. Scizor is generally the most valuable revive, but I've used most it on most of them (not Spidops). The EVs are malleable, but this set's Speed EVs are meant to outspeed max spe base 50 mons (e.g. Iron Hands, Azumarill) after webs.

There has been a lot of discussion about Revival Blessing Pawmot, but Rabsca is usually dismissed as inconsequential, too weak to matter, which I do not think is correct. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy this team. Use it fast before Cinderace comes back and makes Bug regret their decisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)