Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

I thought the snowing weather condition was supposed to give ice types 1.5x defense in this gen; it's not happening on showdown is it yet to be added?
The boost its given but you cant see it as a stat change, just like Protosynthesis, i guess it will be changed in the future and the stat change will be visibile

The boost its given but you cant see it as a stat change, just like Protosynthesis, i guess it will be changed in the future and the stat change will be visibile
I've tried body pressing with an ice type in and out of snow and the damage remains the same. Perhaps it's a bug with body press?

Pretty new to competitive Pokémon, trying a Slowking, Cetitan core and having problems with Corvanite of all things. Any suggestions?

I've tried body pressing with an ice type in and out of snow and the damage remains the same. Perhaps it's a bug with body press?
That's super weird, not at all expected. I can't even imagine what sort of bug would do something like that, is it halving the attack stat of the opponent? Wild.

Pretty new to competitive Pokémon, trying a Slowking, Cetitan core and having problems with Corvanite of all things. Any suggestions?
Iron Bundle does like 80%+ to corv, and it gets aurora veil. Works very well on snow teams.

Do you think a setup sweeper Cloyster (Shell Smash + Icicle Spear) could benefit from the reworked Snow weather? If so, what woud be a good item to use on it? Lastly, would using Tera Ice be better than using Tera Rock? Thanks :)

body press only takes into account visible stat boosts, iirc. I remember this being discussed in the leak thread, but body press won't be affected by snow's buff

I thought the snowing weather condition was supposed to give ice types 1.5x defense in this gen; it's not happening on showdown is it yet to be added?
I firstly tested the defence output, and the boost exists but as you said Body Press does the same damage so yea I assume a bug
That's super weird, not at all expected. I can't even imagine what sort of bug would do something like that, is it halving the attack stat of the opponent? Wild.
The only times Body Press and Foul Play are boosted how you'd expect them to be boosted are with "stage" boosts (I dunno what they're properly called) like Iron Defense and Swagger. In every other instance, they work like regular physical attacks. If snow had boosted Attack instead of Defense, then an Ice-type using Body Press would have its damage boosted.

The only times Body Press and Foul Play are boosted how you'd expect them to be boosted are with "stage" boosts (I dunno what they're properly called) like Iron Defense and Swagger. In every other instance, they work like regular physical attacks. If snow had boosted Attack instead of Defense, then an Ice-type using Body Press would have its damage boosted.
that's super jank. Thanks.

I been patiently waiting for the SV viability ranking. Are you guys waiting for the second "on the radar" vote before releasing the rankings

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I been patiently waiting for the SV viability ranking. Are you guys waiting for the second "on the radar" vote before releasing the rankings
The second radar released on Monday actually — and we will be voting on it this weekend. The plan is to ride with the current viability list, which is also up and pinned, for now and once we get our bearings straight next week, begin works on the rankings as we have to focus on getting the Tera threads up this week alongside the second vote — a LOT is going on as you can see.

VR is 1-2 weeks out I would ultimately say.

Palafin and Roaring Moon got banned in National Dex OU. Is this going to have any bearing on their standing in SV OU or are there factors that would break a Pokemon in that meta that wouldn’t apply here?

Best set for Golduck in Rain teams?
I would guess Golduck has two viable sets -

Choice Specs with Surf, Psychic, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam

Then Nasty Plot, Surf/Hydro Pump, Psychic/Focus Blast, Ice Beam/Taunt with Boots, Life Orb, or Expert Belt

EDIT: you can possibly run Psyshock anywhere there is Psychic. However, it is not clear yet on spreads / usage for the mons it hits.

Last edited:
This might be an odd question but do bans from Ubers apply to OU as well for things besides specific mons? Like is it possible for Tera to be banned/acted on in Ubers tier (perhaps as a result of specific Uber-only Abusers like the Box Legends or Flutter Mane) without this being necessary in OU?

Curious in part because how much Ubers is a full tier in the "hierarchy" vs a semi-formal Ban-list format has always been unclear to me.

Opinion on OG quagsire in the new OU? I’ve seen a lot of talk about clogsire but no one is dirk talking about og quag.

Does anyone know the specifics on how Adaptability works with Terrorization? I assume they stack with each other but would it be an addition or multiplication, with so by how much?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)