SV OU No Sunscreen? No ice cream? No cold water? (an attempt at Full Sun BO)

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
Hello lads
as you guys can see, we are in gen 9 woooo, and everything is broken, so lets have fun with some of these new discoverys on the sandwhich region
this is also the first team i made for this gen that has actual cohesive though in it instad of putting 6 broken mons one after the other, so lets see some basics shall we

1. Idea for the team

The idea didnt came from me, it came from from a guy named Turtleye_ who asked if somebody has tried full sun, and i was just looking for an idea, so i went with the challenge to make a BO sun team, something i have never done before actually, he gave me a team he made that i wont share because copyright reasons, but i didnt want to copy him, so i decided to use a bit of creativity and this is what i got

2. The team

:Torkoal:
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Yawn
- Earth Power

So this is my first mon, the sun setter, its basically the gen 8 set but with Yawn instead of rapid spin, this sets provides me with a variety of tools that let me rock, stall potential unpreperared treats, fish for burns and basically 1v1 some mons like Garganacl and other Torkoals, I think theres an argument for Clear Smog instead of Yawn for a better matchup against set up sweepers and taunt users, but i think i like yawn more to have some more offensive preasure and the ability to scout for Lum/Chesto Berrys

:Great Tusk:
Great Tusk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 132 Atk / 144 SpD / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
Next on the list is one of the mons that go as the offensive backbone and my favorite mon on the tier, tusk has a shit ton of utility in moves + its ability that lets him nuke shit without maxing, so this eve spread serves a fun purpouse, 232 Jolly hits 294, outspeeding Gohldengo by 1 point, and 132 lets me fry his ass with a Headlong rush, and even if it is Air Baloon, he gets 2 hit ko by knock off, all this without sun, the rest of his eves are for tanking duty, with his natural high hp and defense, i can invest in Spedef and be a super tank that always survives a hit and takes of something, especially if i tera onto stell, so that he cant get poisoned

:Chi-Yu:
Chi-Yu @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beads of Ruin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Taunt
Man, i do love some fucking chinese nuclear weapons, so this mon is dumb, and you only click fire blast, Dark pulse is stab and Psychic is filler to be honest, i initially went with Tera blast fighting for coverage but never clicked it, so changed to taunt, im still not clicking it but it sounds more usefull as a stall breaker I guess, also this mon looks like a fucking beyblade

:Dondozo:
Dondozo @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Liquidation
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Next on the list is this gen´s phisical blissey, oh boy look at that THICCNESS, any physical attack just straight up bounces off him wtf and even with no special investment his HP is so high he can always tank something regardless, Body press for easy click, Liquidation for stab and defense reduction, Rest/Sleep talk for recovery and Rocky helmet is used for an even better matchup against attackers (and to also laugh at Mouseholds)

:Sylveon:
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Tera Blast
Making her way onto the ring, Sylveon, i love Sylveon, is cute and serves as a good cleric that can shit on Cyclizars and Roaring moons, Wish Protect as a service that goes well for most of the team, especially Greato Tusk who will scare anything if he is at full health, my fun tech here is Tera fire blast, to bait steels into me, i do lose a lot of power on Hyper voice after that but now im harder to kill for mons that were supposed brought for me

:Rotom-Heat:
Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Eerie Impulse

Last but not least is Rotom Heat, who serves as a backup pivot when everything seems to be crashing down, he is here to gain momentum for you, with his ability to tank special hits like a fucking champ and his ability to mess up with both special AND pysical spectrum with Eerie Impulse, sounds like a meme but nobody expects it and it stacks fast, WoW lets me gain chip and defense for the team, and stab to keep myself alive, I guess you could also go with Nasty Plot instead but nah, your Volt Swtiching out anyways

3. Instructions for the team
On most of the time, you will wanna lead Torkoal to start nice and slow UNLESS theres a Chi-Yu or a Cyclizar, if you see Chi Yu, so dondozo so he wont get sun boosted, if you see Cyclizar, lead Sylveon so the next mon in the sub takes a lot of damage, if you see that his team has some Proto mons, its adviced to not start with Torkoal, they are more managefull but still be carefull, after that, you wanna use your team as a way to get a stable source of damage, if you manage to get Chi Yu on the field, click fire blast, that always helps, if you see Gholdengo, go tusk, and if you see any other stell type, bait him with Sylveon and beat his ass, or you can just you know, use the 3 fire types you have, if you play correctly the endgame clean duty almost always comes to either Sylveon spamming Hyper Voice, Dondozo spamming Sleep Talk or Great Tusk spamming Headlong Rush

4. Counters
Now, theres a lot going on, so theres always some things left unchecked, still, managed to get some counters

:Iron Thorns: if he gets ONE Dragon dance its over, its one of the few mons that Dondozo cannot answer because he gets rekt, its pretty uncommon right now but yeah, also Torkoal cannot 1 shot him so he is not a safe answer

:Baxcalibur: Thermal Exchange + Dragon Dance goes brrr, he is way easier to counter since he is slow and weak on the special side, but given your sun, he has plenty of room to enter, also he is the main reason i run yawn, to scout if he has lum berry or not, its helps with other things but you know

:Garganacl: do you guys remember that turtleye showed me his team? so his team was weak to Gargancl, so to keep his legacy, my team is also weak to the salt blocks :D (but for real, its not unbeatable, but he basically forces you to trade torkoal with him at the start or mid game, and that often leads to some akward moments where you are a sun team but no sun and no bitches)

Stealth Rock and Status: the team does not like rocks, and even tho Tusk helps alot with that, you wont always have the chance to just switch him in and spin, so be carefull, and status is kinda bad since Sylveon lost Heal bell with the new gen tutor and Dondozo is the only one that can truly take stauts comfortably, the rest of the team can get shuted down quickly if sylveon is dead or unable to come in, i know i put tons of ways to solve this but its not too free

5. Conclussion and pokepaste:
God its almost 1AM at a morbilium celcius and im drowsy as fuck
https://pokepast.es/fec9486dd209f6f9
:Torkoal: :Sylveon: :Rotom-Heat: :Dondozo: :Chi-Yu: :Great Tusk:
anyways i hope you like this teams, and i hope i can spark some discussion in this new RMT gen, i honeslty like to team build more than i like to fight, idk why, but to me, its fun creating cool synergys and experimenting and all that, idk, anyways, have a nice day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)