Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tera, while it's fun and only sometimes feels egregious.... I think it will go. If it doesn't, once NatDex comes, it'll get like a dozen+ old OU mons banned. We've already seeing people rally against Dragapult because it can now use physical Ghost STAB. The options with Tera are gonna be endless and many strong pokemon will find ways to defeat their counters or push their game-plans over the edge. Every sweeper that had limited options to get revenge-killed can now reduce them to near 0 (and you cant even be certain which one it's gonna be).

Not really looking forward to seeing pokemon like Heatran, Kartana, Zeraora and Lele get banned down the line to maintain that mechanic. Even now it could claim Dragapult, Chi-Yu and Chien-Pao in the short/mid-term. Pokemon that would be perfectly manageable at face value, without Tera.
Also I think Palafin would not have been banned if it wasn't for Tera, he had a solid list of checks and counters but it was GG if he had the way out from yours, like Tera steel on Amogus or Tera-Water vs a revenge killer.
The other 3, Fluttermane, Houndstone and Iron Bundle; would still probably be broken without Tera since even their base types had limited counter play. Though in a future world with National Dex and no Tera then maybe Bundle could be manageable.

Also I think Palafin would not have been banned if it wasn't for Tera, he had a solid list of checks and counters but it was GG if he had the way out from yours, like Tera steel on Amogus or Tera-Water vs a revenge killer.
I feel like even without tera, palafin was too restrictive in team building. You had to run really specific walls to be able to counter him, otherwise it would snowball out of your control and end up sweeping you with the bulk up taunt set.

Statistics suggests that if there was a community vote, everything that was banned up until this point would end up banned. Its not like there was a major conflict between two sides that the community opinion was 50-50. At this point waiting more to suspect test things is effectively wasting time. Mind I remind you we also have SPL right around the corner.
yeah wonder which one i would rather make decisions, a council of like 8 people with unilateral power or a the collective community who are impacted by said council

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
Tera, while it's fun and only sometimes feels egregious.... I think it will go. If it doesn't, once NatDex comes, it'll get like a dozen+ old OU mons banned. We've already seeing people rally against Dragapult because it can now use physical Ghost STAB. The options with Tera are gonna be endless and many strong pokemon will find ways to defeat their counters or push their game-plans over the edge. Every sweeper that had limited options to get revenge-killed can now reduce them to near 0 (and you cant even be certain which one it's gonna be).

Not really looking forward to seeing pokemon like Heatran, Kartana, Zeraora and Lele get banned down the line to maintain that mechanic. Even now it could claim Dragapult, Chi-Yu and Chien-Pao in the short/mid-term. Pokemon that would be perfectly manageable at face value, without Tera.
The other 3, Fluttermane, Houndstone and Iron Bundle; would still probably be broken without Tera since even their base types had limited counter play. Though in a future world with National Dex and no Tera then maybe Bundle could be manageable.
If you put it that way yeah, but at least tera its somewhat manageable, also, how about keeping Kartana and Blacephalon banned pretty please they are mean to me and take my lunch money

Offensively, I’d put dragapult as the top with tera finally letting it be a physical powerhouse in singles OU format. Special sets are great but physical sets have truly risen up. In particular the tera ghost cb set is absolutely destructive

Offensively, I’d put dragapult as the top with tera finally letting it be a physical powerhouse in singles OU format. Special sets are great but physical sets have truly risen up. In particular the tera ghost cb set is absolutely destructive
personally w pult i've been really liking sub dd
throw the child (Dragapult) @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Tera Blast

Been playing showdown since gen 6 and made an account to give my thoughts on one of my favourite mons rn
Quaquaval @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Water
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner

This thing snowballs out of control if it can get one or two kills, leading with it can even punish glimmora trying to set up hazards
and hits gholdengo hard even without boosts.
walled by Dondozo and bulky waters but honestly a pretty good cleaner if those are out of the way

Been playing showdown since gen 6 and made an account to give my thoughts on one of my favourite mons rn
Quaquaval @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Water
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner

This thing snowballs out of control if it can get one or two kills, leading with it can even punish glimmora trying to set up hazards
and hits gholdengo hard even without boosts.
walled by Dondozo and bulky waters but honestly a pretty good cleaner if those are out of the way
I've really been loving quaquaval too, it's a really great cleaner on balance teams.

I've really been loving quaquaval too, it's a really great cleaner on balance teams.
I want to try Duck too, but I want to say I find it funny seeing your Shiny Ho-oh reply to a guy with normal Ho-oh. It's like a gag of putting on Glasses to have Clark Kent endorse Superman.

Like no offense, I don't have any faith in a "community" that can be so easily influenced by a Poketuber to cause tier shifts so much that policy has to be changed to combat them.
As someone who doesn't follow too much outside this forum and some FB posts, what incident is this in reference to, if a specific one and not just general commentary.

As someone who doesn't follow too much outside this forum and some FB posts, what incident is this in reference to, if a specific one and not just general commentary.
They might be referring to Blunder having a notable hand in the melmetal suspect in gen 8 a couple months back, or it could be some other instance I don't know.

I want to try Duck too, but I want to say I find it funny seeing your Shiny Ho-oh reply to a guy with normal Ho-oh. It's like a gag of putting on Glasses to have Clark Kent endorse Superman.
Lol I just noticed that. Pretty funny.

The Hitmontop Incident of 2022.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Personally I was referring to Ambipom in UU and bring back Tyranitar campaigns launched by pokeaim and others, essentially forcing usage of Pokemon that fell down in tiers to rise up into metas where they aren't very viable at the time simply because they wanted it to

What's the opinion on running Will-O-Wisp on Chi-Yu? Is it too redundant when it already has Lava Plume to fish for burns?
I'm just looking at its options for a Nasty Plot + Boots set. Obviously, Choice Specs is insane but with all these hazards around, I feel that boots are just as valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)