Project SV Ubers Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

byulharang

formerly Holy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
approved by SparksBlade Fc
i will probably steal a logo soon dw

The SV Ubers Bazaar is a great casual space to share your teams. I encourage anyone to post a team they enjoy since the meta is new and people want to see teams, understand every team wont be included in the showcase but that doesn't mean your team is bad. Thanks to everyone that contributes! Please follow our guidelines while posting though:

1. Please playtest your team before posting - this is NOT a RMT or advice thread
2. Provide your team using pokepast.es or in a spoiler tag
3. Give a brief description on the team, not too long but please include one
Kind curators : Ainzcrad Lasen

Team Showcase
ILoveMashing❤ Screens Ho - :grimmsnarl: :miraidon: :chien-pao: :koraidon: :Iron-moth: :espathra:
corvere Chien-Pao Balance - :Chien-pao: :blissey: :Iron-treads: :iron-bundle: :skeledirge: :corviknight:
roxie CB Koraidon Balance - :corviknight: :Koraidon: :Toxapex: :Ting-Lu: :Flutter-mane: :ditto:

Last edited:
Guess I'll kick this off.

I've been messing with this team on the ladder (~155th on the ladder as of the time of me posting this), as it basically abuses everything that's broken in Ubers right now: Screens, Ditto, setup, janky Tera matchups flips, the works!

:koraidon: :flutter mane: :chien-pao: :miraidon: :ditto: :grimmsnarl:

Importable

Grimmsnarl sets the obligatory Screens that enable this squad.

Chien-Pao is honestly a bit of a filler mon at this point but has its uses thanks to its strong Ice Shard and its Icicle Crash that after a boost can put a lot of pressure on Ting-Lu, which otherwise gives Miraidon hell.

Ditto does Ditto things by deterring opposing setup, what with how offensive some squads tend to lean. This improves my matchup against opposing offense considerably. I don't currently have a specific Tera-type in mind for it, but I may consider Fairy or Ghost to flip Miraidon/Koraidon matchups in its favor in a worst-case scenario.

Flutter Mane offers good offensive coverage and it can occasionally get a Calm Mind off and start hitting extremely hard.

Koraidon is running the obligatory SD+Flame Charge set, and I opted to go with Tera Ground specifically for the Miraidon matchup. I value the Electric immunity more than the Fairy/Dragon resistances or Dragon immunity offered by other Tera typings, and being immune to the occasional Prankster T-Wave can be useful as well. Steel and Fairy are other possible Tera types.

Miraidon is the star of the show on this squad. I saw someone discussing Parabolic Charge in a thread here, so I figured I'd run a bulky, Modest, double-dance Miraidon with dual-STABs in Parabolic Charge and Dragon Pulse. Miraidon outspeeds +1 base 135s at +2 no matter what, so most of its non-SpA EVs are dumped into bulk. Behind Screens, opponents will be very tempted to try hitting it super effectively and if they do so they will most likely be swept by a Miraidon that is consistently OHKOing most of their team and healing to full off it in the process. I stuck with the Electric Tera-typing to remove the Dragon/Fairy/Ice weaknesses while still maintaining an Electric resistance, and amping up Parabolic Charge's damage even further means Miraidon is leeching even more HP with it. If I were to run a different Tera type on it, I'd run Fairy for its Dragon immunity and drop Dragon Pulse for Tera Blast to blow Ting-Lu up while keeping anti-Dragon coverage.

This squad's a bit of a matchup fish since it despises Ditto, but Miraidon's Tera typing can really come in clutch against opposing Ditto since Dragon Pulse stops being a threat and it resists Electric moves.

https://pokepast.es/4e45775f6cda2093

Been enjoying this team quite a bit on ladder and have found a lot of success with it. This team is quite easy to pilot but I am going to go over every decision I made on this team.

1669507863755.png

The standard choice band set. It's an excellent wallbreaker with Tera Fire Flare Blitz ripping apart anything not named Skeledirge. It partners quite well with Corviknight and makes a potent U-Turning Core.

1669508234600.png

I originally ran agility + calm mind, but I found it difficult to get both boosts. I discovered agility + life orb does equally threatening damage while only taking one turn to set up. I also decided to run Tera steel to resist ice type attacks that might prevent a sweep.

1669509371948.png

Substitute + calm mind is nothing new, but Tera normal lets you win the Flutter Mane 1v1 and be a backup check if Ting-Lu is too low health.

1669509594002.png

The defogger on the team, and a good defensive piece that pairs well with. Make sure to keep Corviknight healthy versus Great Tusk because it's the only switch in.

1669512627350.png

An excellent unaware user. Only mon who can switch into Koraidon and Iron Valiant.

1669512819629.png

Your stealth rock and spikes setter. It checks Miradon and Flutter Mane at full health, and Tera fairy lets you cheese Miradon.

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Contributor to Smogon
:chien-pao: :blissey: :iron-treads: :iron-bundle: :skeledirge: :corviknight:
click on the sprites to have the pokepaste.

:chien-pao:
i love this mon. its like ss weavile but 10 times better. i loved sd orb on HO so i thought "hm, maybe cb can work on balance", and boy did it work. this thing 2hkos corviknight, pex, alomomola (needs rocks) ohkos iron treads, revenge kills the cover legends, hits a min of 80% (not terastalized) to flutter mane, ohkos cyclizar. it does everything.
tera ice ensures you 2-hit phys def corv and scream tail with icicle crash, and also ohko flutter mane with ice shard. sacred sword hits other chien paos and it ohkos kingambit while also being the strongest move you can hit iron treads with.

:blissey:
my rocker and first miraidon check. this also checks flutter mane and iron bundle relieving some pressure off of corv and treads. you can run seismic toss or ice beam over thunder wave in case you want to have a consistent dmg move or you want to hit korai/mirai/tusk for a little chip, but having twave is nice because you can para corv so that you can potentially hax it with chien pao.
tera steel lets you avoid toxic while checking dragon moves. utility umbrella helps against sun match up, but boots can be used if hazards are a problem.

:iron-treads:
at this point i knew i needed hazard control and another miraidon check. iron treads is the only mon available right now that compresses both roles in one. and, while thats its main purpose on the team, treads also removes items from mons such as opposing corviknight, significantly increasing chien pao's chances of 2-hitting it.
this spread makes it so that miraidon's electric terrain gives you a speed boost instead of atk or spd boost, making you faster than miraidon.
ehh. its tera can be whatever honestly. it doesnt really matter. i dont think youll be terastalizing iron treads anyway.

:iron-bundle:
ok so, miraidon is a bitch. as is koraidon. and my team, bar chien pao, is pretty damn slow. so i added this little guy to act as a form of speed control that also handles the cover legends and paradox form mons. role compression is pretty cool, huh?
anyways. this thing is also somewhat of a threat in its own right, having virtually "zero" switchins due to its stab combo and very respectable spa stat. taunt further emphasizes this, not allowing pex to set up tspikes, or not allowing bliss to heal up, or calm mind up. its nice.

:skeledirge:
another koraidon check that also helps against mons like iron valiant, maushold, etc. skeledirge can also threaten stall and some balance teams, believe it or not.
tera fairy walls outrage / stomping tantrum koraidon. it can also potentially let you wisp things like great tusk. 12 speed evs let you outspeed corviknight. night shade helps against sub mons while also just being nice overall damage to anything.

:corviknight:
secondary hazard control thats also the only ground immunity of this team, and my main flutter mane and iron bundle switch-in. mirror armor helps prevent shadow ball drops, while also lowering flutter mane's spa if it decides to click mystical fire.
as with iron treads, its tera type can be whatever. dragon is good. fairy is good. idk, i dont usually tera this thing.

Last edited:
I believe its time for a new version of the ho i posted on day 1

The 3rd Version!
https://pokepast.es/fb3279b426202d7c (With Water Volc!)

https://pokepast.es/72df7acb376228a5 (Psychic Volc!)

Chien-Pao: The Stall Killer (Again)

Chien-Pao job is to break common stall cores of Corviknight, Scream Tail, Toxapex, Skeledirge and Cloggsire thanks to screens giving it a surprisingly decent bulk. Although this time Chien-Pao uses Tera Ice or Tera Dark to acomplish this instead of Tera Electric which allows it to run iceshard, so it can also threaten offense extremely well.

Miraidon: The Engine (Again)

On this team Miraidon has a specialized set: CM, Parabolic Charge, Dragon Pulse and Agility. this makes Miraidon an extraordinary sweeper that can clean any weakeaned team with extreme ease. One thing to note is that the move Parabolic Charge works like an electric type draining kiss, meaning that Miraidon will always stay healthy as long as it can attack.

Another thing to note is the breaking power it can have in the early game to surprise unprepared teams, thus allowing its teammates to be able to finish the game quickly

Koraidon: The Sweeper

Note: You can also use Tera Fairy over Tera Fire

Koraidon has had a few changes since day one, and the most importante one is the prevalence of Skeledirge as its de facto wall. this set im about to unvail not only bypasses that but makes Skeledirge setup fodder and other such stall mons like Cloggsire, Scream Tail and Toxapex. The set in question is the sub charger, which it has Dragon Claw, SD, Flame Charge, Sub.

This specific set also has special evs that allow it to live all hits from all of the stall mons mentioned above through sub while also allowing it to set up on their faces (This also takes into consideration reflect and lightscreen against offensive mons)

Iron Moth: The Wall Breaker

This is probably one of the most underrated mons in the tier. at first i was skeptical about the moth until i realized its breaking potential. Its main role is to destroy any possible counterplay to Miraidon by luring its counters, and it achieves this through 2 sets:

Water Volc: It Teras into a Water type thus granting ohkos on any ground type except Ting-Lu who it 2hkos, it also ohkos Skeledirge allowing Koraidon to sweep instantly, the water typing also gives it some good resistances against the likes of ice shard from Chien-Pao.

Psychic Volc: It Teras into a Psychic type which allows volc to ohko Toxapex and Clodsire with Psychic, the way it threatens ground types is by its coverage, in this case energy ball which allows us to 2hko mons from Garganacl to Great Tusk. this also 3hkos Ting Lu.

Espathra: The Nuke

This thing
, it doesnt need an explanation you click Calm Mind then you click either Protect or Sub, then spam Stored Power and Dazzling Gleam to break open any team you desire. you can either Tera to a Fairy Type or to a Steel Type to facilitate your carnage

Last edited:
I believe its time for a new version of the ho i posted on day 1

The 3rd Version!
https://pokepast.es/fb3279b426202d7c (With Water Volc!)

https://pokepast.es/72df7acb376228a5 (Psychic Volc!)

Chien-Pao: The Stall Killer (Again)

Chien-Pao job is to break common stall cores of Corviknight, Scream Tail, Toxapex, Skeledirge and Cloggsire thanks to screens giving it a surprisingly decent bulk. Although this time Chien-Pao uses Tera Ice or Tera Dark to acomplish this instead of Tera Electric which allows it to run iceshard, so it can also threaten offense extremely well.

Miraidon: The Engine (Again)

On this team Miraidon has a specialized set: CM, Parabolic Charge, Dragon Pulse and Agility. this makes Miraidon an extraordinary sweeper that can clean any weakeaned team with extreme ease. One thing to note is that the move Parabolic Charge works like an electric type draining kiss, meaning that Miraidon will always stay healthy as long as it can attack.

Another thing to note is the breaking power it can have in the early game to surprise unprepared teams, thus allowing its teammates to be able to finish the game quickly

Koraidon: The Sweeper

Note: You can also use Tera Fairy over Tera Fire

Koraidon has had a few changes since day one, and the most importante one is the prevalence of Skeledirge as its de facto wall. this set im about to unvail not only bypasses that but makes Skeledirge setup fodder and other such stall mons like Cloggsire, Scream Tail and Toxapex. The set in question is the sub charger, which it has Dragon Claw, SD, Flame Charge, Sub.

This specific set also has special evs that allow it to live all hits from all of the stall mons mentioned above through sub while also allowing it to set up on their faces (This also takes into consideration reflect and lightscreen against offensive mons)

Iron Moth: The Wall Breaker

This is probably one of the most underrated mons in the tier. at first i was skeptical about the moth until i realized its breaking potential. Its main role is to destroy any possible counterplay to Miraidon by luring its counters, and it achieves this through 2 sets:

Water Volc: It Teras into a Water type thus granting ohkos on any ground type except Ting-Lu who it 2hkos, it also ohkos Skeledirge allowing Koraidon to sweep instantly, the water typing also gives it some good resistances against the likes of ice shard from Chien-Pao.

Psychic Volc: It Teras into a Psychic type which allows volc to ohko Toxapex and Clodsire with Psychic, the way it threatens ground types is by its coverage, in this case energy ball which allows us to 2hko mons from Garganacl to Great Tusk. this also 3hkos Ting Lu.

Espathra: The Nuke

This thing
, it doesnt need an explanation you click Calm Mind then you click either Protect or Sub, then spam Stored Power and Dazzling Gleam to break open any team you desire. you can either Tera to a Fairy Type or to a Steel Type to facilitate your carnage
we need the little mouse! :pskrpout:

Concept Everything

Neko no Ensekan
is a Pre-Contributor
I’m really bad at explaining teams, but this got me to top 30 and didn’t lose up to that point. If anyone has any questions I’ll answer them.

Goth - Traps the spinners or otherwise troublesome Pokémon, can setup and sweep if given the right circumstances.

Glimmora - Suicide lead that sets up TSpikes, guaranteed goth can 1v1 non Bisharp line or Flying dark types.

Espathra - Setup sweeper that can tank a lot of physical hits and setup in the process.

Ting-Lu - Miraidon check, can also whirl enemies out and scout with protect.

Gholdengo - Prevent hazard removal and overall good Pokémon, used to kill Flutter or any other potential threats.

Skeledirge - Koraidon check and physical check in general, Tera normal for Flutter.

Peaked 1515, but I’m sick atm so I’m not laddering much, can easily get higher though. https://pokepast.es/cfc974de2ddfdc26
(Top tier team name btw)
FC4790D7-3D1C-413A-AA9B-00438550DAC8.jpeg

Last edited:

LouisIX

UPL Champion
https://pokepast.es/8d998f5162bf5879

I think it is the time to share this team which grant me a lot of wins on ladder recently and people are asking me for this team.

lets go straight into the business.

Weakness of the team subsitute espathra , Iron moth with grass/water coverage, opposite gholdengo and rain team

Garganacl: stops flutter mane every day and every night, and if not scarfers will take care.
Salt cure is spammable every day and every night, and iron defense+body press is legit sweeping threat too.
salt cure also out run recovery move , which is a big plus against clodsire and Skeledirge.

With tera removing rock weaknesses, only miraidon has a chance to kill it after it is iron defense boosted and only gholdengo could smack it with either trick scarf or just make it rain.

Great tusk: standard scarf. Tera ground rush is nuclar.
Gholdengo: standard scarf. Trick is powerful.

Garchomp: with helmet and tera, you can chip koraidon to death or phaze it with dtail, and it is likely never come back after getting chipped by rough skin+ helmet and with hazards on. It also punish spinners hard, allowing it to set rocks because spinners just die to recoil. Tera fairy for nesscary turn for it to chip opponent.

Corrosion Glimmora: i pick it for fun and it returns me success. Toxic in this meta is generally great, and manual tspikes also by pass most synergy against it currently. Toxic also synergise well with salt cure. Tera flying provides a maybe game winning tspikes turn . Full spdef to scout miraidon and checks cm miiraidon too.

Annihilape: unlike my last post with spdef, this is physical def just for spin blocking. But even with 0 spdef investment it still tank flutter mane and occasionally iron bundle in full hp and able to kill flutter mane or chip iron bundle to rockable. Still excellent on stall breaking on its own. Check chienpao in a pinch too.

Very straight forward team, hazards hazards hazards and scarf / nacl win.

Momentum is quite important for this team and tera can be used just for one turn momentum except some special MU, for example tera nacl has too be kept versus rain team. I am also pretty surprised the team would go this offensive given i have only invest 518 evs on attack stata in total.

Garganacl is generally a good mon in the meta currently, its ability to wall flutter mane and punished with saltcure that hits everything in the tier is just amazing.

Annihilape again shows why it belongs to ubers.

Gholdengo is gholdengo.
Tusk is great no mattter what.

Glimmora corrosion is acutally worthy, although ngl toxic debris works most of the time.

Helmet chomp is great. Its ability to trade hp with koraidon turns the table completely. Use it and you will understand. I tried with ting lu instead of chomp for 5 games or so and i go back to chomp and swear i will never drop it.

Have fun with this OU team. (Man when will annihilape and gholdengo get ban????)
Screenshot_20221205-144139~2.png

Last edited:

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
1670280342638.png

https://pokepast.es/58a01e1fd055e20d

Originally had Miraidon > Flutter but Iron Bundle can still do major shit if Corvikight isn't at full. Ditto + Pex + Ting-Lu is a nice anti-HO core.

1670280357006.png

https://pokepast.es/4c8cbd122646998b

My first team I made for the tier lol. Its not the best but Soft Sand + Tera Ground Koraidon is good for Pex + Skeledirge. I am compressing rocks on Annihilape because I have a thing for SR scarfers to allow chomp to be SD. This team is weird tho LOL.

1670280369925.png

https://pokepast.es/b329d8106d1db970

Lost to freezai with this but I made some edits. I made stall after my HO lost to stall like 3x in a row. Skeledirge is a great Pokemon (obvi because of unaware). Garganacl should've been ID in my game but I was running Block but I wasn't Blocking shit...LOL

Loving this new, crazy fast-paced meta! This is a hyper offense team centered around Rain and Electric Terrain that handles most teams pretty well! It's not super duper optimized or anything, so let me know if you have any suggestions :sphearical:

Iron Bundle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ground Ice
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam Freeze Dry
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Tera Blast Ice Beam

This guy is a MAJOR Miraidon check. Under terrain, he outspeeds with Quark Drive, and Specs Ice Beam OHKOs w/o opposing Tera. You can run Freeze Dry to smack Palafins, but I find that Miraidon and Palafin can handle opposing ones fine. Freeze Dry is great for the common Palafins, and as he resists Jet Punch, allows him to revenge kill them from high health. Hydro Pump blasts the Phan twins and the many mons that like to Tera Fire, especially the motorcycles. U-turn is mildly better for pivoting b/c someone MIGHT have Gastrodon or something, but until Kyogre becomes a thing in the meta, I don't think its super important, so you can run Flip Turn. Just a matter of preference. You can fill the last slot with either Freeze Dry for Waters or Tera Blast for coverage. I like Tera Ground for more Miraidon murder; additionally, it's nice for Iron Moth and other Fire-types the want to abuse Koraidon's sun. Tera Ice allows you to win Iron Bundle dittos and KO bulky Dragons with Freeze Dry.

Miraidon @ Life Orb
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Fire
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch
- Electro Drift
- Overheat

The LAD. Moveset is pretty self-explanatory. You could run this thing choiced, but I don't like to have more than two on a team. Overheat is especially nice for Iron Treads, which is otherwise a good wall for this thing. Tera Fire forces opposing Iron Bundles into a dangerous 50/50 between Ice Beam and Hydro Pump and gives a Fairy resist for Flutter Mane matchups. It also allows Miraidon to capitalize on opposing sun. Volt Switch is especially nice for allowing Miraidon to reset its drops and Terrain.

Flutter Mane @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ghost Normal
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Another mon that capitalizes on opposing sun, but can certainly function without it. STAB smacks anything that doesn't resist it. Mystical Fire covers for Iron Treads and other potential Steels and is boosted by Sun. Additionally in Sun, it gets double speed boosted, allowing it to revenge kill opposing Booster Energy or Modest Flutter Manes. You can run a number of coverage moves in the final slot, but I like Psyshock to nail Iron Moths that try to switch in on your Moonblast. I like Choice Scarf over Booster Energy because it allows FM more opportunities to capitalize on its immunities and switch in while maintaining its boost, in addition to the Sun double-boost. Tera Normal allows you to counter opposing Flutter Manes.

Palafin @ Choice Band
Ability: Zero to Hero
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flip Turn
- Jet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat

An absurdly great revenge killer. I often lead it, and I often also hard switch it out since it's quite frail pre-transformation. Most of the time, you should only be clicking Jet Punch to revenge kill things. If it can't KO it, you'll eat up some big damage. Other moves are more meant for predicted switch ins. Ice Punch nails the motorcycles and Grass-types that resist Jet Punch, and Close Combat has nice neutral coverage and can hit Iron Bundle super effectively. Flip Turn can also be used to slow pivot in an ally, which is greatly appreciated by fast and frail Iron Bundle and Flutter Mane. If you don't think Ice Punch will KO one of the dragons, Flip Turning to one of these two on the switch is a really nice way to counter it and make progress. Tera Water make Jet Punch go brrrr.

Iron Treads @ Assault Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

The insanely role-compressed hazard-removal special wall. AV and Max SpDef allows it to tank a Mystical Fire from Flutter Mane or a Fiery Dance from Iron Moth and KO them back. There's even a chance to survive a Fiery Dance in Sun!

252 SpA Flutter Mane Mystical Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Iron Treads in Sun: 154-182 (40.2 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Iron Moth Fiery Dance vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Iron Treads in Sun: 326-386 (85.1 - 100.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Iron Moth Fiery Dance vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Iron Treads: 218-258 (56.9 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Knock Off is great utility and can help with removing pesky items, as well as hitting Ghost types like Houndstone or Gholdengo that might try and spinblock. STAB moves are both great for hitting Flutter Mane, Iron Moth, Miraidon, and other common types. Tera Water can be used as a last-ditch effort to survive a Fire attack. NOTE: You are giving up your STAB, so make sure you're still able to KO.

Pelipper @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Knock Off Surf
- Roost

:row: look how they massacred my boy :row:

I'd love to have ONE of Scald or Defog on this set, but Game Freak is some bitches that are afraid of bulky waters. HDB protects from rocks, and with Roost and Max HP/Def, it can actually take a few hits (but not many, cause this gen is power crept to hell). Hurricane can hit Koraidon decently hard, and with addition to removing Sun, makes him a pretty reliable Koraidon switch in. Until they catch on and run Wild Charge. Knock Off is filler and nice utility. Surf is filler and nice against the Phan twins and Tera Fire Koraidon, which Pelipper can usually switch in on. U-turn allows you to bring in a sweeper safely and blow things up. Tera Ground allows you to escape an electric attack, but should be used as a last resort.

https://pokepast.es/99b58488fa36f891

All in all, I think the team manages most of the current Ubers well! The team is somewhat prediction-reliant between Iron Bundle and Flutter Mane and is susceptible to being worn down by some bulky teams. The best strategy is generally to lead Palafin, capitalize on Koraidon comps with Flutter Mane and Pelipper, and punch holes with the three special attackers until Palafin can clean. In theory, Indeedee can put a stop to this, but it's unlikely to survive the prior onslaught of nukes. I recommend trying to save Tera for Palafin, so that Jet Punch can deal even more damage, but Iron Bundle and Miraidon Tera are both good. The other three are pretty niche, but they have their uses.

EDIT: Freeze Dry helps the team a lot, definitely worth it over ice beam. :)

EDIT 2: Made a couple of small changes to the team! I found that sometimes, when I locked into it, Freeze-Dry couldn't pick up a few key KO's. Enter Tera Ice! This allows an extra boost of damage that allows Freeze Dry to take out bulky dragons that might survive a Freeze Dry. Additionally, it has a niche use versus opposing Iron Bundles: it can allow you to resist and survive their Freeze Dry while KOing them in return. I added Surf to Pelipper because I found that he switches in on the Phans often, and having a reliable Water move to click is often very useful.

Last edited:

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor
Wanted to post some teams that when laddering/if used for kickoff worked well,

:great_tusk::skeledirge::blissey::ting_lu::koraidon::chien_pao:
Earlier days of the meta, wanted to try out some potential breakers that could double their respective offensive stat futher by Protosynthesis/Quark Drive. For this team tusk is ur main way of breaking holes onto ur opponents team by clicking its dual stab most of the time, with the added coverage for koraidon. Next up i needed stuff that could answer most of the offensive threads this meta might have, skeledirge for koraidon+physical valiant/if u tera chien pao+tusk+treats. Blissey for flutter mane/iron bundle/certain sets of miraidon (non charge). Ting lu as a elec/psychic immune mostly a miraidon answer asw (set was from lunala's post) and this set also helps break fat stuff easier leaving them easier to get picked off by tusk/chien/koraidon. Koraidon is here for speed control and for its ability to get sun up. Chien pao is lastly added to help out the dual legend mu and giving cleaner that was needed, with its priority and ability it helps a ton picking off kills onto mons like flutter mane/koraidon/miraidon/great tusk incase its needed to. This mon also gives me my secondary option for offensive terra.

:iron_bundle::great_tusk::ting_lu::corviknight::flutter_mane::miraidon:
2nd Up i wanted to post this team, it's build around never melt ice iron bundle, which adds the little more power this mon requires to do the things it wants to do. Without never melt ice u need to tera to be able to two hit ko spdef pex for example, but this also helps with killing off the box legends, after rocks u ohko miraidon with ice beam, aswell as koraidon (with a near guaranteed kill without rocks chip). Besides iron bundle, defensive great tusk is able to handle most koraidon sets with play rough to hit it super effective and spin incase of ho leads trying to trade either hazards with u. Ting lu and corviknight to handle alot of the special attackers in the game rn like flutter mane/miraidon. After that i added scarf flutter mane as a way to revenge kill anything on the opposing field without having to risk potential ties or requiring terrain to do so. Miraidon is the main breaker on this team by having the specs set most mons arent able to handle this mon long term.

:great_tusk::slowbro::ting_lu::corviknight::iron_valiant::koraidon:
Another great tusk team, but this time bulk up. Bulk up great tusk is another (imo) amazing mon to help u make progress in games but a little down side of this mon is that other offensive mons are generally faster and are able to revenge kill like miraidon/chien pao for example. To help it out i added slowbro, its a koraidon answer but the niche it has is being able to twave opposing mons to help u outspeed or paralyze them to help u either set up or get the momentum u want. The 2 defensive mons after are pretty standard so wont go offer them again, then i added iron valiant. Iron valiant gives me a dragon immune and adds a potential late game cleaner, with its coverage valiant is able to hit most of the tier super effectively and helps a ton onto offense matchups due to them not wanting to switch into its moves. Afterwards i added koraidon to give speed control and help out great tusk via a protosynthesis boost.

:slither_wing::koraidon::glimmora::corviknight::skeledirge::iron_treads:
Lastly another underrated mon in this tier is slither wing. This is a mon like great tusk with a few more weaknesses of what it can do but a massive upside to it asw. First impression is the main niche of this mon being able to pickoff mons cleanly after they get in range or in the sun like miraidon in the sun (65% chance to ohko) chien pao or just break past fat teams (252+ Atk Choice Band Slither Wing Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skeledirge: 346-408 (83.9 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO in sun). Koraidon for speed control and sun support for slither wing. Skeledirge+corviknight as ur standard defensive core, with treads there as ur miraidon check asw as ur rocker. Lastly is glimmora who helps u answer stuff like skeledirge/chien pao a little easier. Another bonus with this mon is its ability being able to set up tspikes into more offensive orientated matchups making them a ton easier and helping chip mons into slither wings killing ranges.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've run this team up to top 10 in the ladder under a few different names, but then I hit a skill ceiling because my competitive peak was 18-20 years ago :sphearical: and I'd be fairly judged as a "better than average casual" nowadays. I'm linking the final version because I'm bored of it. Give it a try; the team is very consistent mid-ladder, but you really need to outplay the better balanced/stall builds in higher ladder.

AV Miraidon BO "Double Trouble" (named after double cover legends and double Donphan, also the team relies on momentum from double switches)

Koraidon: Wild Charge enjoys Terrain support and is often a useful mid-ground (1/4 recoil instead of 1/3 from Blitz also sometimes matters). U-Turn into Rocky Helmet is just the worst thing ever, so it isn't here. Miraidon Tera Fairy Gleam vs Grim turn 1, switch to Koraidon turn 2, Brick Break turn 3 is funny in lower ladder (99.6% KO vs 252/4/252+ Grim if it stays in), but don't expect this to work consistently vs better opponents. Koraidon needs to be preserved for Rain/Sand, and to neuter Jet Punch

Miraidon: wins the 1v1 with Tera Fairy against Flutter/Bundle, recovering everything back with Parabolic Charge vs Bundle, even at -2 after Overheat. You will Tera this most games because it has frequently good match ups, with so many builds weak to Fairy. After Tera, Miraidon complements Tusk very well as a non-passive defensive core, with AV Treads in support for its typing. Gleam/Overheat is perfect coverage for Tusk/Ting/Treads, and each of the other 5 mons can break Clod, so a timely double gains momentum

Great Tusk: Tera Fairy helps against DD Acro Moon and Electric Seed Hawlucha, which are tricky match ups for this team because they outspeed our Proto/Quark mons. Knock on both Donphans help Koraidon to avoid Rocky Helmet. Tusk needs to be preserved vs healthy Koraidon, but is often otherwise expendable after setting up Rocks. Be aware that this is our only mon slower than Pawmot, so positioning is important to deny Revival Blessing

Iron Treads: explanation here

Flutter Mane: Tera Normal reverse walls some Calm Mind/Shadow Ball Blissey sets, which can be a problem. It's also here for opposing Ghosts in a pinch. Expert Belt does almost everything that Life Orb does, but allows Flutter to take some important hits without that recoil. This breaks stuff and should be played aggressively

Iron Bundle: Encore solves many dicey situations (Ape's Bulk Up, Corv Roost to deny U-Turn etc.), especially Chien endgames by locking it into a priority move. Bundle needs to be healthy for Palafin and alive for speed control over the 405/607 crowd

Last edited:
I wanted to drop the teams I have built since I started playing SV Ubers with Home approaching. I really liked the meta with how little it was and it reminded me of the time of early Sword/Shield Ubers. The progression goes from top to bottom with added notes to some of them and I hope some people will find them useful in the future.

STARTING ARC
:tinkaton: :palafin: :iron-treads: :skeledirge: :flutter-mane: :corviknight: - Tinkaton
:ting-lu: :iron-bundle: :miraidon: :garchomp: :corviknight: :flutter-mane: - Eject Button Ting-Lu + Iron Bundle

:iron-moth: :miraidon: :great-tusk: :cyclizar: :palafin: :flutter-mane: - Electric Seed Tera Grass Iron Moth offense

STALL ARC
:dondozo: :ting-lu: :cryogonal: :blissey: :palossand: :corviknight: - Stall #1 Hazard Stack
:garganacl: :slowbro: :dondozo: :blissey: :roaring-moon: :clodsire: - Garganacl Stall
:blissey: :skeledirge: :dondozo: :clodsire: :corviknight: :roaring-moon: - Skeledirge Stall

:hippowdon: :alomomola: :garganacl: :ting-lu: :blissey: :corviknight: - Sand Stall

IMPROVEMENT ARC
:koraidon: :glimmora: :ting-lu: :chi-yu: :flutter-mane: :chien-pao: - Sub Koraidon Offense
:flutter-mane: :koraidon: :chi-yu: :garchomp: :torkoal: :kingambit: - Double Sun offense
:magnezone: :cyclizar: :great-tusk: :lokix: :iron-bundle: :flutter-mane: - Magnezone offense

:rotom-wash: :flutter-mane: :toxapex: :great-tusk: :chien-pao: :ting-lu: - Hex Flutter Mane BO

:gholdengo: :rotom-wash: :volcarona: :koraidon: :flutter-mane: :iron-treads: - Gholdengo BO
:gholdengo: :great-tusk: :corviknight: :miraidon: :iron-bundle: :kingambit: - Power Trip Corviknight

FINISHING ARC

:indeedee: :hatterene: :armarouge: :great-tusk: :torkoal: :espathra: - sufys12 wannabe Psyspam

:ting-lu: :hatterene: :gholdengo: :miraidon: :great-tusk: :chien-pao: - Double Taunt Hazard Stack
:ting-lu: :iron-treads: :iron-moth: :annihilape: :hatterene: :iron-bundle: - Air Balloon Iron Moth

:hatterene: :hattrem: :orthworm: :skeledirge: :miraidon: :kingambit: - Double Hatt Trick Room

:pelipper: :iron-bundle: :iron-treads: :palafin: :miraidon: :iron-moth: Eject Button Pelipper + Tera Water Iron Moth Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)