Project DOU Secret Santa

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoe

Tragic Decision
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnus
DOU & Discord Head
Approved by Actuarily
OP stolen from the
2020 edition by emma

2022 DOU Secret Santa :blobnom:
Secret Santa is an event in which the members of a community anonymously exchange gifts between themselves. In this particular Secret Santa, which, deep down, will work similarly to a teambuilding workshop, each person who signs up will PM me with a Pokemon or a core (I'll provide more information on this below) they'd like someone else to build a team with. Afterwards, everyone who joined the project will receive one of the aforementioned ideas and will have to build a team with it until the submission deadline. Finally, the teams will be sent to the people who requested them and this thread will be used for further discussion.

General Rules:
  • Post in or cheesed to meet you :sv/maushold: to join.
  • Don't sign up if you can't guarantee that you'll be able to finish building a team in time. I'll try to keep tabs on everyone and help if needed, but depending on the amount of sign ups we get, it could be hard to do this.
  • Avoid telling people what request you sent/got, as it could ruin the project's purpose.
Submission Rules:
  • Each request submission should be sent to me through Smogon PM or on Discord at zoe✿#6808. You don't need to do it right after signing up, but if you fail to do it until the deadline then your sign up will be void. Smogon PM makes things much easier for me than messaging me on Discord or PS!
  • Requests will be looked at on a case by case basis. It is preferred that requests are kept viable, but if you really want a team with an unranked/seemingly unviable Pokemon then you can try your luck, but keep in mind that these teams probably won't be the best.
  • Cores are usually preferred over individual Pokemon unless one of the Pokemon is known to be hard to build around or straight up uncommon. Once again, this will be looked into on a case by case basis, and while I might not directly enforce anything, I could end up suggesting changes. A vague description such as "Rain Hyper Offense" is also acceptable.
  • If you want your requested Pokemon or core to have specific sets, you're allowed to mention it.
  • After sign ups close, I'll use the same PM each user sent with their request in order to let them know the Pokemon or core that was assigned to them. I will also tell you who you are building for. Once you're done building, bump the PM with the end result.
  • If you don't want me to see the team you made, you're allowed to use https://cryptobin.co/. However, make sure you provide me with the password so the person you're gifting can open the bin!
  • Similarly to the Pokemon/core requests, it is preferred that you keep teams viable. However, you can try to feature less common elements if you prefer it that way. Just keep in mind that the goal is not to gimp people's creativity, so feel free to go wild if it fits you best!
  • A short description is appreciated, but not required.
Recommendations:
  • Don't be afraid to join just because you feel like your teambuilding skills aren't on par. I'm down to help everyone who feels this way (or even if you're just having a hard time finishing a team. It happens to everyone sometimes!)
  • You're allowed to change requests until the sign up deadline, but I would prefer if you didn't swap too much!
  • Have fun!

Signups will close on the 17th of December at 9:59PM GMT -5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)