Tournament Doubles World Cup III - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
xqiht the full China team should sign up in the sign-ups thread, and preferably as soon as possible. I think it would be in the interest of everyone participating to know if there will actually be a Team China in advance. After thinking about it for like 5 seconds, I think a 9 team tour could be possible--but of course that would have to be planned out, and I think everyone would want to know ASAP if that's an actual possibility to consider so it can be a worthwhile conversation.

xqiht

人间正道是沧桑
is a Tiering Contributor
xqiht the full China team should sign up in the sign-ups thread, and preferably as soon as possible. I think it would be in the interest of everyone participating to know if there will actually be a Team China in advance. After thinking about it for like 5 seconds, I think a 9 team tour could be possible--but of course that would have to be planned out, and I think everyone would want to know ASAP if that's an actual possibility to consider so it can be a worthwhile conversation
Yes,you are right

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
My prs! What I did was assign each starter on every team a tier from 1-4 and then added up the tiers on each team, lower score = better team. Strength of pool was not accounted for. Everyone else should also post prs no matter how lazy because they are fun to read and look at.

1. Canada - 8
Just the greatest team all tier 1 starters, surely they don't lose in playoff tiebreaks this time.

2. US Central - 16.5
After taking a year off due to implosion US Central is back and near the top of power rankings yet again! I think this team is a super well rounded team, Justin is obviously a top tier player who should perform well. Qsns after a bad scl has really seemed to be tryharding this gen which I think will help a lot compared to their gen 8 campaign. Para, tyo, and Shadow are all good players who I would expect to get 2-3 wins in an average pool. Croven and Bowman if they can shake off the rest I would also expect 2-3 wins, and then Miltank is prob their worst starter as someone who hasn't been as active or performed that well recently. There's definitely worse worst starters you could have than Miltank and overall US Central seems like a really good well rounded team that surely won't implode this time. Free MANNAT.

3. Europe - 17
Unsurprisingly Europe was able field 8 slots and are looking like a really good team. JRL, Frania and Tenzai is a really strong core of really good players that should be able to provide a strong backbone for Europe. They also have toby and givrix who are coming off an osdt win and a seasonal win looking to prove that they are top players, I expect pretty good results from both. Now unfortunately for Europe their plan to make dwcop a 6 slot tour and give themselves a super team failed, and the tour is indeed 8 slots. The last two slots for Europe are where they fall off a bit. Voltix hasn't done too much as of late, and will be looking to get back into the groove of things with the release of SV, and ratpacker will be getting their first shot in a teamtour and will try to show what they can do. If those two players can perform well Europe should easily be one of the favourites to win.

4. Latam -17.5
Last year Latam surprised everyone with how they performed being able to win pools tiebreaks and make it to the semifinals, this year I don't see many people underestimating them as for a lot of their players last years dwcop was a start to a breakout year. Akaru in particular really popped off having his best season yet, but along with him Latam also has ninja, enzo, yunogasai, and meminger who all came out of nowhere and made a name for themselves. Latams biggest weakness is that their top slots aren't as good as other teams top slots but with how unified this team usually is I don't think it will be a huge deal and expect Latam to perform well.

5. China - I cannot accurately rank Chinas players as most of them are pretty unknown to the main dou community they could be good could be bad who knows
I used a random number generator from 1-9 and they got 5th.

6. Italy - 18.5
Italy have two amazing players in umbry and qwello lee, now Italys biggest flaw is that they have two amazing players in umbry and Qwello Lee. For as good as these two players are, they will probably have to carry for Italy to perform really well, and with these two motivation could be an issue and they might not care too much. Toxigen, madara, duckpond and amaranth are all good players as well but the latter two don't build DOU and might be busy with other things as well, though I do still expect good records from them as long as the teams are up to par. The last two Italy starters I don't know much about and Italy will probably need them to steal some games which you usually don't want to rely on from your newer players. Overall Italy has what it takes to be a top team but motivation issues and a weaker 7th and 8th slot stop them from being a favourite.

7. US East - 20
US East is a very strong team that has 3 SCL starter level players in Animus, actuarily and Tman..... oh wait. Look at least when they snubbed human he did do pretty bad in some dou tours recently and doesn't have the greatest of records, but snubbing the snake draft and spl starter tman, who has also played in 4 dpls and is a very good vgcer is so baffling and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Last year US east was a lot more stacked too since some central people refused to play for central making there only be two US regions, but this year thats not the case so snubbing a very good player is a lot worse when you don't have either of your 6-0 players returning. It's not doomed for US East though as I said actuarily and animus are good players. Chris numbers will be getting his first shot in a dou team tour setting but is someone who usually spammed the same team and is more likely to get abused in a team tour setting so he will have to prove himself to be more versatile in this tour. Zee usually performs fine but she has gone negative in both dou team tours so far which might be some concern, and singlethunder who can be inconsistent will have to be on the top of their game for east to stand a good chance at being contenders. The rest of the East slots that you would really wish were Tommy are usually quite a bit weaker playing wise but a lot of east does love to build which might help give them a leg up in this brand new meta. Overall East is throwing and will now need either their top players to go 6-0 again or their weaker players to really step it up for a chance at winning.

8. US West - 20
The most exciting part about this team is easily the fact that Crunchman is captain. US west always seems to find itself lacking compared to the other US teams and this year it's looking pretty similar. They have stax who is an amazing player but the most active I've ever seen stax was when they weren't playing and instead helping me on the platoon (you're the goat stax). They will get wins but how much support they will provide is a question mark that depends on a few different factors. The roster also has fespy who might try and step it up in the support role, but I see fespy as mostly a prepper that preps based on the opponent which is a little harder to do in a completely new meta which could hurt him. Eragon who is newer to dou will be looking to add onto his end of circuit success he had, and it will be interesting to see how he does in a team tour setting. Rounding out the rest of the roster is a lot of people who have played dou for a while, but haven't made too much noise as of late that will be hoping for a good start of the gen with this tour, and z0mOG who IF he tries I think would put up a respectable performance. Overall a team that will need some overperformances to succeed.

9. APAC - 20.5
After a last place finish last year I have APAC on the bottom of my prs this year. I don't think it's as bad as it seems though and I could def see an overperformance from them this year. Memoric and Nido who APAC always rely on seem to be a bit less busy and a bit more motivated for the start of the gen, and are also two players who are more known for their building which should help APAC a lot for the start of the new gen. YoBuddy finally broke his team tour curse this year and is looking to improve on it with another solid season. yuichi, florist and zeal are all people who have had dou experience for quite some time now and will need breakout performances for APAC to really stand a chance. As always APAC rounds off their starters with a couple players with lower dou experience, this doesn't mean it's doomed though as gorex and trace have had success in other tiers, and if Memo and Nido are motivated they should be able to provide the support needed to keep them at a respectable record. Overall I think the success of APAC depends on how well Nido and Memo can carry, while hoping their other dou mains can pull their own weight.

Last edited:

umbry

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
So I ranked every single starter...

(quick disclaimer: theres some newer faces I'm not super familiar with so your ranking might depend on gut feeling or on how much I like your username)
1. Stax
2. Z Strats
3. Spurrific
4. qsns
5. Animus
6. JRL
7. Nido-Rus
8. Actuarily
9. Akaru Kokuyo
10. Frania
11. Memoric
12. Crunchman
13. Ninja
14. raisedintyo
15. Grandmas Cookin
16. Tenzai
17. zee
18. Shadowmonstr7
19. Enzonana
20. Relicanthprimal
21. Paraplegic
22. Croven
23. Givrix
24. EternalSnowman
25. Zeal
26. Chris32156
27. Lily
28. Ann Nonima
29. Majorbowman
30. Chloe
31. Yoda2798
32. Meminger21
33. Kylecole
34. dnagerbdager
35. Fespy
36. Evil z0mOG
37. GasaiYunoSan
38. Papiloco
39. GenOne
40. trace
41. Wille
42. miltankmilk
43. Yobuddy
44. Shaian
45. QianJang-China
46. KennyJ
47. Eragon11145
48. SingleThunder
49. voltix
50. FerrothornZ
51. FloristtheBudew
52. NotlPrimrose
53. lucky-sama
54. xqiht
55. ratpacker
56. Lemurro
57. tianlengmeihou
58. Yuichi
59. idol1900
60. gorex
61. MZB
62. WCCQQ
63. hybone
64. Poca_Ursus

And here's my Power Rankings:

3) Spurrific, 4) qsns, 14) raisedintyo, 18) Shadowmonstr7, 21) Paraplegic, 22) Croven, 29) Majorbowman, 42) miltankmilk
Every starter has lots of doubles experience and its also not missing building support with qsns and Paraplegic being 2 known prolific builders in the tier. Spurrific has been dominating official tournaments in recent times while tyo and shadow have been making a name for themselves in the past year with some good runs in individuals and team tournaments, their lineup is rounded out by Croven, MajorBowman and miltankmilk who all have had official tournament showings in the past. Overall central is definitely the team with the most star power, and hopefully for them the hype of new generation makes them being able to not run out of steam quickly, if they can keep up the motivation and activity they're sure to make a deep run in the tournament, otherwise Team Central might end blasting off again...

6) JRL, 10) Frania, 16) Tenzai, 23) Givrix, 27) Lily, 31) Yoda2798, 49) voltix, 55) ratpacker
Frania is back once again leading team europe and despite all the doubts they put together a very respectable lineup. JRL, Frania and Tenzai are all players who achieved 4+ wins in this year's SCL and are expected to carry the weight for the team, Givrix and Lily are coming off a couple deep runs in individuals also the former just won the most recent seasonal and Yoda can hold their own in any doubles generation so expectations are about the same even with SV being relatively new. Their lineup falls off a little bit with the last 2 slots though voltix is surrounded by very familiar friends like jrl and tenzai so motivation to grind will definitely be there, surprising this team isn't starting tob but I assume he's just busy for now and probably will start in playoffs if europe makes it there. Only real concern is the building for this team as there isn't many I could say can "carry" in that department so this is why this team is ranked lower than central but playing skills can definitely rival all the other top ranked teams.

2) Z Strats, 15) Grandmas Cookin, 20) Relicanthprimal, 30) Chloe, 33) KyleCole 39) GenOne, 41) Wille, 44) Shaian
Canada finds itself at the third spot in the rankings, although with a slightly nerfed lineup than what i was expecting, eisenherz and mishimono are definitely two players i can see as starters for this team but are probably busy so skipped pools, still a solid lineup nonetheless. The team is lead by notorious toxic jerk member Z Strats, who is regarded as one of the best doubles players on the site right now and is expected to pull his weight in both building and playing. GMA, Relicanth and Kylecole are all doubles mainers with plenty of experience who can bring home wins and are also self-sufficient, australian native Chloe is starting again after her very successful run from last year while GenOne and Shaian are long time veterans that round out the lineup. As for the last starter slot, Wille, they're very much an unknown quantity to me, I was told they're pretty good at VGC and are a friend of tyo so I have high expectations but personally I have never seen them play a game so can't really predict how it's gonna go for them. Overall Canada is definitely a contender for playoffs and for the title as well, as long as they're not stuck playing any tiebreakers...

9) Akaru Kokuyo, 13) Ninja, 19) Enzonana, 28) Ann Nonima, 32) Meminger21, 37) GasaiYunoSan, 38) Papiloco, 53) lucky-sama
Latam grabs the 4th spot in the rankings and they seem motivated to show that last year's playoffs run was not just a fluke. Their lineup is lead by Akaru, who had a great past year in doubles tournaments and together with Ninja is expected to be the main carry of the team. Enzonana had an absolute standout performance last year so expectations will be high for him once again while Ann, Meminger and Gasai all have had good showings in individuals. Last starter slots are Papiloco and lucky-sama who had a little more quiet individual performances during the past year so its a bit more of a question mark as of how they will do but iirc lucky sama also made osdt playoffs. This team has good potential to make a good run as talent is there if they can step up in the building without stunting too hard as imo there's quite a few scary builders.

5) Animus, 8) Actuarily, 17) zee, 26) Chris32156, 34) dnagerbdager, 48) SingleThunder, 52) NotlPrimrose, 61) MZB
US East is coming off a title win, however sadly for them about half their old starter lineup is not eligible to play for them again this year...or just didn't signup, this includes their 2 undefeated players from last season. While this is rather unfortunate, not all hope is lost as standout SCL player Animus and ChrisNumbers, who had a pretty good year in individuals, have now joined their forces. Tier Leader Actuarily seems like the main rock this team will fall back on when it regards to building, while also being a very capable player himself while zee and dnager are coming back for another year as self-sufficient starters who can hold their own, speaking of zee, they're one of the most creative players in the pool and especially in the unknown depths of a new gen it will be interesting to see how people approach them in the builder. Singlethunder, Primrose and MZB round out the starter lineup, while singlethunder is a bit more of a familiar face in doubles tournaments I don't have much to say about the other 2 as they seem rather inexperienced in playing team tournaments, hopefully they can figure out things as they progress, also Lunar and Xrn are good quality subs who can get some games in if something goes wrong, also I think both of them should've been starters probably. This team really wishes they had Tman but alas... I'd be a little surprised to see them dominate but a deep run is definitely not off the table if some of the more inexperienced east players can iron out their play and bring some wins.

1) Stax, 12) Crunchman, 24) EternalSnowman, 35) fespy, 36) EVIL z0mOG, 46) KennyJ, 47) Eragon11145, 56) Lemurro
West, despite having the #1 ranked player on their team, is ranked pretty low, the main reason for that is even though Stax adds a lot of star power to their lineup, he's not exactly known for "enhancing" all the other slots with building support, in fact his motivation might be a bit of a question mark. That's not ideal as imo most of the other starting slots aren't exactly active doubles players that build a lot. Crunchman had a great year in individuals and is also captaining the team, ESM and fespy both made OSDT playoffs and z0mOG and KennyJ have been around for a while as a good overall singles/vgc player and a doubles main and they're both getting their first shot at starting I believe. For the last 2 starter slots I don't know much about them so not gonna comment much, I think they're relatively new faces. West's run probably depends on stax's performance and on how motivated the rest of the team is, if stax is active then they very much have a decent shot.

7) Nido-Rus, 11) Memoric, 25) Zeal, 40) trace, 43) YoBuddy, 51) FloristtheBudew, 58) Yuichi, 60) gorex
Realising now apac might be ranked a little too low and probably I would move it up 1 or 2 spots but I did order every team ranking based on all individual rankings so...wrap. Nido and Memoric are the two most notable users on the team and for good reason, both very creative builders who also have lots of experience playing in tournaments, I'd be surprised to see them flop also as they both seem to enjoy apac's team environment a lot. Zeal, Yobuddy and Florist all played for apac before and had good showings while yuichi and gorex, despite not having much experience, are both active players and will contribute to the team. I'm not sure if this is the first time for trace starting in a doubles tournament but I think they had a couple good runs this year and play a lot of vgc so they def add value to the lineup. Probably one of the teams with the best synergy, if they put in the same passion they put in dwcop 1 they can very much be the darkhorse team once again (please for the love of god stop spamming the pogarina emojis).

45) QianJang-China, 50) FerrothornZ, 54) xqiht, 57) tianlegmeihou, 59) idol9000, 62) WCCQQ, 63) hybone, 64) Poca_Ursus
I'll be brief for this one because this ranking is very much fake and definitely doesn't reflect team china's skill because well...I don't think I've seen any of these users play in our tournaments before, however I can say from my experience in other tiers that chinese players are extremely dangerous builders and definitely not someone you should underestimate. It's great they were able to field a team and I'm looking forward to their performance.

Good luck to all teams, hoping for a great DWCOP! also anti-shoutout to Z Strats because he gave me a list of starters and toby was in it until I realised they weren't actually starting in pools and had to redo all the rankings.

Last edited:

Fangame10

DOU Master of Snow-based Trick Room teams
is a Tiering Contributor

(quick disclaimer: theres some newer faces I'm not super familiar with so your ranking might depend on gut feeling or on how much I like your username)
1. Stax
2. Z Strats
3. Spurrific
4. qsns
5. Animus
6. JRL
7. Nido-Rus
8. Actuarily
9. Akaru Kokuyo
10. Frania
11. Memoric
12. Crunchman
13. Ninja
14. raisedintyo
15. Grandmas Cookin
16. Tenzai
17. zee
18. Shadowmonstr7
19. Enzonana
20. Relicanthprimal
21. Paraplegic
22. Croven
23. Givrix
24. EternalSnowman
25. Zeal
26. Chris32156
27. Lily
28. Ann Nonima
29. Majorbowman
30. Chloe
31. Yoda2798
32. Meminger21
33. Kylecole
34. dnagerbdager
35. Fespy
36. Evil z0mOG
37. GasaiYunoSan
38. Papiloco
39. GenOne
40. trace
41. Wille
42. miltankmilk
43. Yobuddy
44. Shaian
45. QianJang-China
46. KennyJ
47. Eragon11145
48. SingleThunder
49. voltix
50. FerrothornZ
51. FloristtheBudew
52. NotlPrimrose
53. lucky-sama
54. xqiht
55. ratpacker
56. Lemurro
57. tianlengmeihou
58. Yuichi
59. idol1900
60. gorex
61. MZB
62. WCCQQ
63. hybone
64. Poca_Ursus

And here's my Power Rankings:

3) Spurrific, 4) qsns, 14) raisedintyo, 18) Shadowmonstr7, 21) Paraplegic, 22) Croven, 29) Majorbowman, 42) miltankmilk
Every starter has lots of doubles experience and its also not missing building support with qsns and Paraplegic being 2 known prolific builders in the tier. Spurrific has been dominating official tournaments in recent times while tyo and shadow have been making a name for themselves in the past year with some good runs in individuals and team tournaments, their lineup is rounded out by Croven, MajorBowman and miltankmilk who all have had official tournament showings in the past. Overall central is definitely the team with the most star power, and hopefully for them the hype of new generation makes them being able to not run out of steam quickly, if they can keep up the motivation and activity they're sure to make a deep run in the tournament, otherwise Team Central might end blasting off again...

6) JRL, 10) Frania, 16) Tenzai, 23) Givrix, 27) Lily, 31) Yoda2798, 49) voltix, 55) ratpacker
Frania is back once again leading team europe and despite all the doubts they put together a very respectable lineup. JRL, Frania and Tenzai are all players who achieved 4+ wins in this year's SCL and are expected to carry the weight for the team, Givrix and Lily are coming off a couple deep runs in individuals also the former just won the most recent seasonal and Yoda can hold their own in any doubles generation so expectations are about the same even with SV being relatively new. Their lineup falls off a little bit with the last 2 slots though voltix is surrounded by very familiar friends like jrl and tenzai so motivation to grind will definitely be there, surprising this team isn't starting tob but I assume he's just busy for now and probably will start in playoffs if europe makes it there. Only real concern is the building for this team as there isn't many I could say can "carry" in that department so this is why this team is ranked lower than central but playing skills can definitely rival all the other top ranked teams.

2) Z Strats, 15) Grandmas Cookin, 20) Relicanthprimal, 30) Chloe, 33) KyleCole 39) GenOne, 41) Wille, 44) Shaian
Canada finds itself at the third spot in the rankings, although with a slightly nerfed lineup than what i was expecting, eisenherz and mishimono are definitely two players i can see as starters for this team but are probably busy so skipped pools, still a solid lineup nonetheless. The team is lead by notorious toxic jerk member Z Strats, who is regarded as one of the best doubles players on the site right now and is expected to pull his weight in both building and playing. GMA, Relicanth and Kylecole are all doubles mainers with plenty of experience who can bring home wins and are also self-sufficient, australian native Chloe is starting again after her very successful run from last year while GenOne and Shaian are long time veterans that round out the lineup. As for the last starter slot, Wille, they're very much an unknown quantity to me, I was told they're pretty good at VGC and are a friend of tyo so I have high expectations but personally I have never seen them play a game so can't really predict how it's gonna go for them. Overall Canada is definitely a contender for playoffs and for the title as well, as long as they're not stuck playing any tiebreakers...

9) Akaru Kokuyo, 13) Ninja, 19) Enzonana, 28) Ann Nonima, 32) Meminger21, 37) GasaiYunoSan, 38) Papiloco, 53) lucky-sama
Latam grabs the 4th spot in the rankings and they seem motivated to show that last year's playoffs run was not just a fluke. Their lineup is lead by Akaru, who had a great past year in doubles tournaments and together with Ninja is expected to be the main carry of the team. Enzonana had an absolute standout performance last year so expectations will be high for him once again while Ann, Meminger and Gasai all have had good showings in individuals. Last starter slots are Papiloco and lucky-sama who had a little more quiet individual performances during the past year so its a bit more of a question mark as of how they will do but iirc lucky sama also made osdt playoffs. This team has good potential to make a good run as talent is there if they can step up in the building without stunting too hard as imo there's quite a few scary builders.

5) Animus, 8) Actuarily, 17) zee, 26) Chris32156, 34) dnagerbdager, 48) SingleThunder, 52) NotlPrimrose, 61) MZB
US East is coming off a title win, however sadly for them about half their old starter lineup is not eligible to play for them again this year...or just didn't signup, this includes their 2 undefeated players from last season. While this is rather unfortunate, not all hope is lost as standout SCL player Animus and ChrisNumbers, who had a pretty good year in individuals, have now joined their forces. Tier Leader Actuarily seems like the main rock this team will fall back on when it regards to building, while also being a very capable player himself while zee and dnager are coming back for another year as self-sufficient starters who can hold their own, speaking of zee, they're one of the most creative players in the pool and especially in the unknown depths of a new gen it will be interesting to see how people approach them in the builder. Singlethunder, Primrose and MZB round out the starter lineup, while singlethunder is a bit more of a familiar face in doubles tournaments I don't have much to say about the other 2 as they seem rather inexperienced in playing team tournaments, hopefully they can figure out things as they progress, also Lunar and Xrn are good quality subs who can get some games in if something goes wrong, also I think both of them should've been starters probably. This team really wishes they had Tman but alas... I'd be a little surprised to see them dominate but a deep run is definitely not off the table if some of the more inexperienced east players can iron out their play and bring some wins.

1) Stax, 12) Crunchman, 24) EternalSnowman, 35) fespy, 36) EVIL z0mOG, 46) KennyJ, 47) Eragon11145, 56) Lemurro
West, despite having the #1 ranked player on their team, is ranked pretty low, the main reason for that is even though Stax adds a lot of star power to their lineup, he's not exactly known for "enhancing" all the other slots with building support, in fact his motivation might be a bit of a question mark. That's not ideal as imo most of the other starting slots aren't exactly active doubles players that build a lot. Crunchman had a great year in individuals and is also captaining the team, ESM and fespy both made OSDT playoffs and z0mOG and KennyJ have been around for a while as a good overall singles/vgc player and a doubles main and they're both getting their first shot at starting I believe. For the last 2 starter slots I don't know much about them so not gonna comment much, I think they're relatively new faces. West's run probably depends on stax's performance and on how motivated the rest of the team is, if stax is active then they very much have a decent shot.

7) Nido-Rus, 11) Memoric, 25) Zeal, 40) trace, 43) YoBuddy, 51) FloristtheBudew, 58) Yuichi, 60) gorex
Realising now apac might be ranked a little too low and probably I would move it up 1 or 2 spots but I did order every team ranking based on all individual rankings so...wrap. Nido and Memoric are the two most notable users on the team and for good reason, both very creative builders who also have lots of experience playing in tournaments, I'd be surprised to see them flop also as they both seem to enjoy apac's team environment a lot. Zeal, Yobuddy and Florist all played for apac before and had good showings while yuichi and gorex, despite not having much experience, are both active players and will contribute to the team. I'm not sure if this is the first time for trace starting in a doubles tournament but I think they had a couple good runs this year and play a lot of vgc so they def add value to the lineup. Probably one of the teams with the best synergy, if they put in the same passion they put in dwcop 1 they can very much be the darkhorse team once again (please for the love of god stop spamming the pogarina emojis).

45) QianJang-China, 50) FerrothornZ, 54) xqiht, 57) tianlegmeihou, 59) idol9000, 62) WCCQQ, 63) hybone, 64) Poca_Ursus
I'll be brief for this one because this ranking is very much fake and definitely doesn't reflect team china's skill because well...I don't think I've seen any of these users play in our tournaments before, however I can say from my experience in other tiers that chinese players are extremely dangerous builders and definitely not someone you should underestimate. It's great they were able to field a team and I'm looking forward to their performance.

Good luck to all teams, hoping for a great DWCOP! also anti-shoutout to Z Strats because he gave me a list of starters and toby was in it until I realised they weren't actually starting in pools and had to redo all the rankings.
I see a notable lack of spaghetti team here :changry:
Not even shamlessly putting italy at 1 smh

Last edited:

Actuarily

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Quick PRs because it’s a brand new meta and we honestly have no idea how people will do in it:

1. Europe

One of the few teams that only has quality players. My biggest concern is language barriers for team synergy, but pokepaste links are known in every language.

2. Italy

Italy has a lot of players that are really accomplished, but just not active in the discord. I would not be surprised at all if this team ends up winning.

3. LATAM

LATAM has been leveling up big time in the last year, with a lot of players having very good tournament showings. I do worry thier building may be inconsistent, but in an early meta everybody's will.

4. APAC

A lot of quality builders to make up for a few lesser experienced players. I also swear that Yobuddy wins every "new meta" tournament, so I expect them to do well. I do have some activity concerns, but that may just be because they're halfway across the world and I don't see them when they're active.

5. Canada

Canada has had deep runs the last few DWCOPs, and their roster has stayed generally the same, so you can expect big things. Excited to see what they allow Kylecole to bring.

6. US West

West has a lot of good players, but I worry about their building & activity. Crunchman will probably make up like 80% of the lines in their server.

7. US Central

Central has a lot of bigger names, but many haven't been playing recently and I have big activity concerns. If some of these players are focused then this team could easily take it all.

8. China

The absolute wildcard team. I'm not familiar with many of their players, so they could easily be much better than I have them power rated.

1. Stax
2. Z Strats
3. Spurrific
4. qsns
5. Animus
6. JRL
7. Nido-Rus
8. Actuarily
9. Akaru Kokuyo
10. Frania
11. Memoric
12. Crunchman
13. Ninja
14. raisedintyo
15. Grandmas Cookin
16. Tenzai
17. zee
18. Shadowmonstr7
19. Enzonana
20. Relicanthprimal
21. Paraplegic
22. Croven
23. Givrix
24. EternalSnowman
25. Zeal
26. Chris32156
27. Lily
28. Ann Nonima
29. Majorbowman
30. Chloe
31. Yoda2798
32. Meminger21
33. Kylecole
34. dnagerbdager
35. Fespy
36. Evil z0mOG
37. GasaiYunoSan
38. Papiloco
39. GenOne
40. trace
41. Wille
42. miltankmilk
43. Yobuddy
44. Shaian
45. QianJang-China
46. KennyJ
47. Eragon11145
48. SingleThunder
49. voltix
50. FerrothornZ
51. FloristtheBudew
52. NotlPrimrose
53. lucky-sama
54. xqiht
55. ratpacker
56. Lemurro
57. tianlengmeihou
58. Yuichi
59. idol1900
60. gorex
61. MZB
62. WCCQQ
63. hybone
64. Poca_Ursus
I honestly believe that making a full list of all the players seems a bit unnecesary since it might affect the confidence and self-esteem of some players. I'm not against PRs at all, the variety of opinions are great. However I think that making a list that goes down to the 64th is out of place and it really don't help anyone in the community.

Saludos.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
I honestly believe that making a full list of all the players seems a bit unnecesary since it might affect the confidence and self-esteem of some players. I'm not against PRs at all, the variety of opinions are great. However I think that making a list that goes down to the 64th is out of place and it really don't help anyone in the community.

Saludos.
hey I understand this concern completely and I definitely sympathise but it should be noted that this happens in virtually every section, and has for a very long time. this definitely isn't intended at a way to make people lower on the list feel worse about themselves. i dont rly see anything wrong with ranking players based on their skill level, it's a cool, fun way to rank teams and a fun metric to determine which teams are gonna do well. i dont personally agree with my rank on here but that's okay because it's just a fun post and not something that should be taken to heart.

regardless, whenever I'm ranked low on these things I don't rly mind all that much bc it's a great motivator to do better. that's my advice personally. just take the poor ranking and use it as a way to prove people wrong. winning will feel so much better i promise.

DuGuo

Just say love me.
is a Tiering Contributor
gut feeling or on how much I like your username
Hi friend. As a team captain, not a player, I'm really curious about how you evaluate my username?
As a Chinese player, I understand your concern. But I am more in favor of the opinion of chole, which can become the driving force for a player to grow and inspire him to succeed. For example, for the Chinese team I lead, even though I have gained a lot of experience in Smogon, I will never ask something any players who participate in this competition for the first time. I will only let them know that they are here. And we will become better through our own efforts, no matter in the game or in life. It is worth mentioning that most of them seldom use smogon and they are very young. I believe this will be an unforgettable experience for them. This is also one of the significance of my participation in this competition as the captain. Of course, they are also ready to bring wonderful games : )

BTW I BELIEVE TEAM CHINA HAS THE CUTEST CAPTAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)