Tournament 1v1 Old Gens Premier League I - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Art by Swiffix
It's time for the first 1v1 OGPL, starting off with deciding team managers. Only post in this thread if you would like to sign up to manage a team, player signups will be coming later. Everyone are required to sign up if you wish to manage with no exceptions. You are allowed to sign up as a solo manager (i.e. you do not necessarily have to sign up with an assistant manager.) Managers will be chosen based on a number of factors, such as prior experience in team tour leadership, experience with the 1v1 metagame, and general good behavior on Smogon and PS!. The following format should be used:

PS! name:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details):
*Note: Creative and good team names are highly appreciated as they may be used as future franchises.

There will be a total of 6 teams. Playoffs will feature the top 3 seeds. The #1 seed gets a bye while the #2 and #3 seeds will fight in the semifinals.

The format is still being discussed and is negotiable, but the current proposal is as follows:
  • SS 1v1 Bo7
  • SS 1v1
  • SS 1v1
  • SM 1v1
  • SM 1v1
  • ORAS 1v1
  • ORAS 1v1
  • BW 1v1

Manager signups will close February 12th. As the host, I will announce the selected managers and open player signups shortly afterwards.

Last edited:

Elo Bandit

youtube.com/ EloBandit
is a Community Contributor
PS! name: Elo Bandit
Assistant Manager: Lumii
Team Name: RPS Rhydons
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details):

I managed the RPS Rhyperiors last 1v1PL, reaching 3rd place. I also managed US West during the last two 1v1WCs, and I have a seven-year history of involvement with 1v1, developing multiple generations and introducing new players to the metagame.
I can provide team support for every old gen and I'm aiming for a perfect record in SM this year.

Lumii is my co-manager, she has proved herself as a valuable old gens player and she works hard on Smogon's moderation team.

Last edited:
PS! name: justdelemon
Assistant Manager: deddd
Team Name: Malicious Moltres’s
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): Ok so me and deddd area a duo from heaven. I have not managed a team but I have tried to manage frogs' behavior and saw some success and I built 2 slots in wc. Me and deddd are very experienced with ss 1v1 as both of us made it into champs I have some experience with bw and oras. deddd has also promised on the lives of all the giraffes living in africa that he will not troll or throw.

PS! name: Urfgurgle
Assistant Manager: Jabiru
Team Name: Suave Swalots

I co-captained Central to victory last year and played a major role in the RPS Rhyperiors, both as a player and as support. I've been involved in 1v1 for a couple years now and have experience with every generation. I can provide support for almost every slot.

Jabiru has been involved in 1v1 even longer than I have and has proven himself as a strong player in multiple gens. In team tours, he is consistently good support and is a positive presence in general. Also, he created this wonderful art:

suave swalots logo final.png

Last edited:

Tol

Retirement house
PS! name: THEHEHEHEH
Assistant Manager: delemon
Team Name: High Roller Hawluchas
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): I have played every generation in this tournament at the teamtour level/I have no chance of being banned or exposed as an alt halfway through/part of many teams that finished second in teamtours (4) and even teams that finished first (1)/generally easy to get along with/aiming to make sure that elo bandit doesnt get a perfect record in sm this year
delemon is an ss player that didnt get banned after the solt incident which alone makes him qualified despite the negative of being on adv council
also he won champs

Last edited:
PS! name: swagggod
Assistant Manager: hater
Team Name: Dirty Sprite Dragonites
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): Yeah, i’m good at building and morale ( :psyglad::psysly::heart:) so is hater!! We both keep an eye on the underground scene of 1v1 :blobthinking::blobglare:and know many players that deserve a shot in 1v1ogpl. We both know what it takes to win and would give it our best shot.

Last edited:

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
PS! name: Kaif
Assistant Manager: DezShizzels
Team Name: :snorlax: Sootopolis City Snorlaxes :snorlax:

Dez and I honestly need no introduction. With both of us having experience of over 5 years in the community, we have extensive knowledge about all gens and know almost everyone in the community. We are both perfectly capable of both guiding newer players and supporting stronger players in teambuilding. Dez has been apart of many playoff teams and won 1v1WC2, while I made the playoffs in 1v1PL3. Our shared passion and dedication to the community would inspire others and drive the team forward. Our understanding of the community, combined with our ability to effectively lead, make informed decisions, and communicate effectively, would make us a strong and effective management team.

PS! name: Kaif
Assistant Manager: DezShizzels
Team Name: :snorlax: Sootopolis City Snorlaxes :snorlax:

Dez and I honestly need no introduction. With both of us having experience of over 5 years in the community, we have extensive knowledge about all gens and know almost everyone in the community. We are both perfectly capable of both guiding newer players and supporting stronger players in teambuilding. Dez has been apart of many playoff teams and won 1v1WC2, while I made the playoffs in 1v1PL3. Our shared passion and dedication to the community would inspire others and drive the team forward. Our understanding of the community, combined with our ability to effectively lead, make informed decisions, and communicate effectively, would make us a strong and effective management team.
1675792203047.png

Last edited:
PS! name: CallMeJJok3R
Assistant Manager: frostyicelad
Team Name: Wooloo Warriors

I've been in every PL for 1v1, been apart of OMPL for 1v1, I've been in 1v1 longer than everyone. I'm the first ever 1v1 single tour winner. I won Classic instead of winning hearts of girls. So my commitment is not to be questioned. I always fill out manager sign ups every year, so its nothing new I'm not aware of. I was "technically" the captain of USW last year breaking the mold and allowing West to advance. And I've helped multiple people with their drafts in the past who've gone on to win. Basically every year its the same thing "Joker is gonna fail why bother" so if its not a real PL then let me "fail" and prove you right.
ergh.png

Last edited:
PS! name: Jamez
Assistant Manager: Nick
Team Name: Gigachad Garchomps
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): managed in PL 3 times and also captained in World Cup 3 times. Nick is new to managing but he has captained south once, managed in 2v2pl, and has been a part of the 1v1 tournament scene for a good amount of time.

1675835422191.png

PS! name: Mubs
Assistant Manager: Waylaid
Team Name: :manaphy: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Manaphy
Why would you be a good manager?: I've managed four 1v1 team tournaments, making the postseason thrice (TB + 2 Semis), and Waylaid has won a 1v1 Premier League both as an integral player and manager. Both of us have basically been around for half a decade at this point and have played all of these oldgens so we're pretty well versed on the contents of the tournament.

XSTATIC COLD

Banned deucer.
PS! name: Xsc
Assistant Manager: dont need assists when i do 30 assists at league of legends with teemo.
Team Name: My originality is that i propose several names and I will let people choose:
1)" lick? i like it" lickylicky
2) Nicky licked it lickylicky
3) Leak it Leek hit lickylicky
3) freaky deaky lickylicky
4) seaking with kick lickylicky
(STOP LICKYLIKY NOW )
5) Tangela Merkel
6) "oh shit" oddish
7) My Ex's not cute eggsecute
8) Vroum Vroum Gloom
9) Mom owns wine Mamoswine
10) Win cash $$ Whiscash
11) Piglet Diglett
12) Jack Sparrow Spearrow
13) Elon Musk Great Tusk
14) Lily-Rose Deep Lileep
15) Kim Kangaskhan
16) Lil Pump Lilipup
17) Rosbeef Nuzleaf
18) Overkill Overqwil
19) Musiiiiic Pidgey
20) Primark Primeape
21) " Radu out" Raboot
22) Smely socks Sandy Shocks
23) Why noob swinub
24) Taillow Swift
25) Thug and piss Togekiss
26) Varoum Vroum Vroum
27) Volbeats by Dr Dre
28) Watchog Norris
29) Wiggle wiggle Wingull
30) Kikoo NA Kakuna
Why would you be a good manager?
- i make good predicts
- i m old
- i have only one infraction in 2023
- i m nice with people
- i m french and sad from world cup
- i gave advices to joker to be good at pokemon
- I m cursed at pokemon so give me happiness
- I eat burger king and i m obese
- Slaking is a monkey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)