GatoDelFuego
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Loved ones of the heroes used to never die, to the point where it got predictable and lost tension.

Some time later, loved ones of the heroes would always die, in order for easy drama and angst. This became super cliche and criticized for laziness.

I feel that now, in an attempt to avoid cliche, it is usually always a legitimate mystery if a character will live or die.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    And we wouldn't have the story without it
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    An interesting observation, it seems to go in waves !
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    I think we're at a point now where it's not waves anymore but genuine unpredictability.
    Yo I heard The Matrix "reboot" will be more of an anthology kinda thing, not an actual reboot. It'd still take place in the same continuity. I was kinda worried if they might retcon all the stuff established in 2 and 3. On the other hand, all that stuff informed The Animatrix and all of the games and other stuff, so I don't know if they could've ever taken it out anyway. But overall I have gone from being worried to
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    so what do you think. everything is kinda rebooted now huh. I never got the "they are ruining my childhood" thing until now. is this how Ghostbusters fans feel?
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    I think this is a good thing in a way, because it gives us more content. But...like.....remakes are so bad
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    yeah it's not a remake though, it's like a prequel
    one trope I am really tired of is the incompetent psychiatrist. like seriously you expect me to believe that a doctor can't tell when the psychopath is lying to him? when they've been working with the patient for years? when even the audience can tell? or they disregard basic safety protocol
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Ok I see. I agree it is worf effect to the max. But I don't think that it's a trope to say that the psychologist is incompetent, but that the criminal is "too crazy for psychologist" . I liked Malcolm long in the comic more anyway
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    I was talking about the comic. In the movie he just gives up and is out of the story haha. I like Malcolm Long too, because he was actually a developed character and not just a cheap tool to show how c r a z y Rorschach is.

and yeah you're right, that it's that the criminal is too c r a z y. But I feel like yeah a psychiatrist that doesn't realize that is pretty incompetent. Like in The Dark Knight Returns, the
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    psychiatrist is just a joke. Like he lets the Joker go on TV and like no straitjacket or anything? hello? and when the Joker says he's going to kill everyone he's like "he's just expressing himself"
    Is there a reason the prequels had to stop where they did. Only reason I can think is the actors were so young there had to be a big time gap. And if Luke and Leia got older there'd have to be a recasting

But nice that Rogue One came out 11 years later so Jimmy Smits aged up at least
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    like why did Episode 3 have to stop 19 years before Episode 4? Could've gone on longer. Only reasons I can think of: the cast is too young so there had to be a big time gap to explain the age and B: it was just about how Darth Vader got in the suit and once they did it's over. Even though in practice it wasn't really much about Vader at all
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    The Empire existing is the beginning of a new era. So now the three films are one story, the birth of the empire. I mean they could keep going but it wouldn't be the same story
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Yeah that's true. I feel like the Empire popped up so quickly
    Do you ever worry you will have a Dr. Strange-like accident that will render you permanently unable to perform the skill that you are most proud of?
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    wow I met a guy that this actually happened to today. He was a classical guitar player but he had an accident and had to get skin grafts and now his fingers are a bit too chunky to pluck anymore :(
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    that's really sad . LIke, I can not imagine how that would be for me
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    he's adjusting though
    "What's it thinking, Colonel?"

"It's afraid...it's afraid it will never be as strong as Darth Vader"
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    zim got the bug man

after posting this I do not think it is that good but I thought I'd share it anyway
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    It's ok
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    thanks
    What's up with saying that characters are "diverse" or "not diverse"? The cast of characters can be diverse, but how can the characters themselves be diverse? They are themselves.
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Ok I see,and I agree
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Guess I get what they're going for, just mean that they're a minority or so. But it just seems like inaccurate word use
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Yeah I was gonna say that, it's just a code word for minority. Because "diversity" is an agreed upon good thing but saying "I like this actor bc minority" isn't that politically correct
    is there anything that you don't like, but you're still happy to find that other people like? I think Legend of Korra is a lot like that for me. I mean you know all my criticisms of it later on but whenever someone is like "I love that show! It's so great" I am really happy about it. Maybe just because it tried so hard
    Do you feel like the "The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand" is kinda the same as "Look into my eye"? like what the heck? they were both responses to smartass comments that make no sense. Zim's is kinda related at least but still not really an appropriate or meaningful asnwer lol
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    that's actually amazing now that you brought it up lmao. Like they could torture these kids all day long and not have any lasting physical problems. Think of all the "disciplining" you could do with that
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Yeah, which is why it's so crazy. In our world he'd be permanently disabled but there your co just stabs you to make a point
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    and breaks Breckenridge's arm but then in the next scene he just has it in that blue liquid cast and it's fine lol

but he will die soon in a training accident anyway
    URE MOM GEY KID SMASH IS THE BEST! MILEE IS BEST GAYM! 1v1 FOX ONLY NO ITEMS ON FINAL DESTINATION I WILL DESR7OY YOU KID!!!!!
    People say Rey isn't relatable because she's so good at everything but like, what about the people who actually are great at everything, like me? How come we don't deserve representation?
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    I'm a mary sue irl.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    No you're not, I am
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    have I said that before btw because I think I have
    Maria Pitillo (born January 8, 1966) is a former American actress who has starred in film and on TV, most notably as Audrey Timmonds in Godzilla (1998), a role which garnered her a Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actress. She also had a recurring role on the TV series Providence.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    when your entire wikipedia intro is "This actress is known for being in Godzilla, for which she won the worst supporting actress. Also she did this other thing. That is all to say about her."
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Poor her :(
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    it's ok she's retired now. just like that chick from Jurassic Park, she is a professional painter now. not bad.
    Sebastian Stan (Bucky) looks a lot like Michael Biehn (Hicks from Aliens) who was Kyle Reese in Terminator. He would've been good for the reboot instead of Jai Courtney lol. But the reboot is dead anyway so whatevs
    I think one of the main reasons I have no interest in writing songs is whenever I find a cool chord progression I just think "there is already an entire song with this chord progression, there has to be" so I just try to find that song instead and play that. it's already done for me.

like i was just fiddling around and "hey G C D G sounds nice" and then I was like "hey this is just Breakfast at Tiffany's" :rage:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…