alexwolf
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Ok, so I thought of a Theorymon idea that is interesting: Prankster Mismagius. Mismagius is never seen in OU, and it isn't hard to see why. It lacks good Physical bulk and has a low HP, and frankly, it's outclassed by just about everything. However, Prankster fits it flavor-wise, will also giving priority to Will-o-Wisp, Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, and even Destiny Bond. 1/2
    skies
    skies
    It can also play an equally good role of supporting with Thunder Wave, Memento, and Taunt. Overall, I think it would be very interesting!
    2/2 :]
    Do you know how to access one of your drafts? I accidentally refreshed the page writing on of my drafts after it saved though
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Sorry but no. I don't think you can.
    here's a bit of an oddball theorymon for you: Swellow with its attack and special attack swapped.

Why consider this? Consider, this: it 2hko's a majority of the metagame with boomburst. With base 125 speed. Allowing it to outspeed such pokemon as greninja, alakazam, infernape, gengar, espeon, thundurus and the lati@s. Scoring a ohko on all but the lati@s.
    inferzaken
    This is just a bit less powerful, faster, chatot.
    inferzaken
    So it is not unique enough, imo
    bigro
    bigro
    There's a huge difference if you actually bothered to read what I said, that being base 125 speed. Chatot can't do crap because it usually goes last with base 92. Read perhaps?
    I got a good theorymon: Techno Blast Magnezone. With techno blast Magnezone recovers from the hidden power debuff . Burn Drive could be used so Magnezone can trap and OHKO steels it couldn't before like ferrothorn while chill drive gives Magnezone a way better bolt-beam combo even specs set would appreciate a reliable 120 power normal type move.
    acestriker19
    acestriker19
    Also it's very flavorful and while giving up an item is bad the benefits outweigh the loss IMO on Magnezone
    acestriker19
    acestriker19
    Heres some calcs to prove my point
    252+ SpA Analytic Magnezone Techno Blast (Fire) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: (80.8 - 95.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ SpA Magnezone Techno Blast (Ice) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: (89.5 - 105.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    acestriker19
    acestriker19
    252+ SpA Magnezone Techno Blast (Fire) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 298-352 (98 - 115.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ SpA Analytic Magnezone Techno Blast (Ice) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 298-352 (98.6 - 116.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    Theorymoning project: Avalugg has a great potential but can't even use it, besides it's a spinner weak to SR. I can't imagine him as a fighting type, nor a steel-type as it would devastate his physical bulkyness. Hence we can think of a Ground type, giving him a STABBed EQ. Others solution can be to give him regenerator for example, allowing him to come in a lot of time, his SR weakness will be less annoying.
    Ramplestilskin
    Ramplestilskin
    Another really wasted potential-mon is Mantine. Indeed, it has the same stats as Skarmory, but on the special side. The main reason why he's not worth it is its type I suppose, being 4* weak to Electric-type. May be we can find a great type instead of the Flying one (I think of fairy which gives him a lot of usefull resistance but it doesn't really match with him, so I don't know).
    inferzaken
    This would make him just a bit better donphan, so I don't think it is unique enough to really add to the meta
    Ramplestilskin
    Ramplestilskin
    And what about Mantine ? For instance, would it be more viable with Roost ?
    Hey bud, I am gonna be indisposed next few days due to state tournament, so I won't be able to count the votes this round. Sorry bud
    Theorymon suggestion that's kind of a bit out there as it veers into "mindless offensive buff" territory - Psycho Boost Malamar. I don't see this being particularly overwhelming due to Malamar's poor 73 Speed and worse 68 SpA, and generally poor stats all around, but Contrary Superpower + Psycho Boost could make Malamar an interesting wallbreaker
    Theorymons: Fire Grass Delphox. As for flavor, it wields a burning stick, which I interpret and a representation of fire and grass. Plus foxes generally live in grasslands. This unique typing gives it a couple useable resistances but more importantly allows it to soak both wil-o-wisp and leech seed for the team.
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    Delphox will receive STAB on Grass Knot and Solar Beam, greatly increasing the power of her Power Herb + Solar Beam + Magician set. The fire/grass STAB combination is quite neat though she is completely walled by dragons and fire types
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    If Mr. Mime could learn Sketch once :D
    Shed Skin Cofagrigus - makes it much harder to where down and gives it better recovery in shed skin + rest. (flavor wise, its a mummy, so it can take of its bandages).
    Protean Porygon-Z:
    PZ has a fantastic movepool to abuse it with, but faces the same issue Greninja has in mediocre bulk and hard switch in opportunities. Checks a lot of things with reliable STAB Bolt/Beam. Still gets rekt by any priority and has a hard time wit scarfers that come in while they can hit him SE. And it actually fits decently flavour wise since it's virtual and could adapt to different typings.
    Peef Rimgar
    Prankster Porygon-2:
    P2 would basically be like gourgeist, but to a much less broken degree. It would get priority toxic, allowing it to scare off special threats, while getting off priority recovers to stall them out. Certainly checkable, but definitely a significant buff.
    Peef Rimgar
    Regenerator Rotom-Fan:
    Rotom-Fan is the rotom we all forget exists, due to it having no real niche over any other Rotom forme. However, with Regenerator, it loses the ever so useless levitate for recovery outside of pain split.
    Here's an interesting Theorymon suggestion: Shedinja with regular HP mechanics. It wouldn't get killed instantly by residual damage anymore. It is still OHKOed by almost any Ghost, Dark, Flying, Fire, and Rock attacks which are pretty common, so I don't think it is broken. I know it's a mechanics change, but this mechanic only applies to Shedinja, so I think it would be a reasonable exception.
    Pipotchi
    Pipotchi
    i would be interested to see bug/fairy for the tiny guy too. ghost is a pretty horrible typing with wonder guard since knock off and shadow balls are everywhere, but poison and steel attacks are on very obvious users
    Just a few theorymon suggestions: Magic guard articuno, who now loses its 4x stealth rock weakness and gains immunity to status, allowing it to properly support teams with heal bell and tank with its fantastic spD. It loses the ability to easily stall out stone edge/low pp moves whilst also already having a pseudo-immunity to status anyway due to heal bell.
    Pipotchi
    Pipotchi
    this one might not be appropriate flavour, but also Bug/Ghost Yanmega. It evolves due to magic (learning ancientpower) so maybe it could be stretched... either way, STAB tinted lens shadow ball is unresisted by the entire metagame I believe. not having a 4x SR weakness would be great for this guy too, as well as gaining additional immunities.
    Pipotchi
    Pipotchi
    lastly I wanna put forward Defiant regular Banette- this gives it a chance to both spinblock and defog-block before it mega evolves. I'm not sure if this buff would be enough to push it into viability, but several of its attacks are crushing at +2, and it can always go out with a boom at the end of an unsuccessful sweep with destiny bond. As far as spinblocking goes I think it could easily become a top option.
    Pipotchi
    Pipotchi
    And one more for good luck: Normal/Ground Bouffalant. It gives him an additional immunity (now immune to ghost, grass, and electric) and means he takes nothing from m.venusaur or ferrothorn. breloom is obviously ohkod, and amoonguss can't touch you. he becomes a good answer to the grass types in the tier.
    Ok so, a last one : Protean Mew.
    Mew is not used much (and not even rated) because he is jack of all trades, master of none.
    But Mew's ADN is flexible enough to let him change his typing in the middle of the battle (flavor : check) !
    Full_Korbe
    Full_Korbe
    So competitive-wise, it would be interesting to see the true jack of all trades. STAB on every attack is huge when you have Scald, Knock Off etc... It applies to support moves too ! I don't see how it can be used (You don't want to become Fire in front of Excadrill) but the possibilities are endless.
    But his speed is still a major letdown. He can't always choose his typing before the opponent makes a move.
    Red Cat
    Red Cat
    Mew is B rank, so it's not eligible.
    Full_Korbe
    Full_Korbe
    Oh god, I must have mischecked. Shame on me then D:
    I'm not sure if Forretress will be ranked above C+ since I don't even see it on the list at all, but if not, then Flash Fire Forre just doesn't care about a lot of things.
    Get in on fire types and set up all some hazards or spin them.

There is no other benefit like Gourgeist has to some Fire attacks. It's purely defensive... maybe mindless, but defensive and it has no weak. I have calcs!
    Dilasc
    252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 81-96 (22.8 - 27.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
    4 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Forretress: 123-145 (34.7 - 40.9%) -- 61.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Outrage is stronger than EQ on CharX despite resistance because of Tough Claws.
    Dilasc
    Thematically, I can't think of much, other than him being... tempered by heat? Can't really think of anything. Still, a full on buff.

I don't see it as broken since it cannot heal itself beyond lefties or wish support.
    Magic Bounce Umbreon. Flavour-wise, it makes sense since it's sister Espeon has it as a hidden ability. Other than that, I think that putting Magic Bounce on a Pokémon that can actually take hits has far-reaching consequences for the metagame, and especially for Hyper Offense, as Deoxys-D, Aegislash and non-Low Kick Bisharp all fail to do anything to it. I'm interested to see what you think of this one.
    ethan06
    ethan06
    Umbreon is in C rank at the moment so it's eligible :)
    Theorymon suggestion: Arena Trap Donphan
    With arena trap, Donphan is able to secure rapid spins against almost any grounded physical mon. Its also able to trap a few grounded threats, such as Excadrill, and KO them with earthquake.
    rachet67
    rachet67
    It might sound like this is too much, but Donphan will still have problems with many physical sweepers such as Charizard-X, which wins if Donphan switches into a DD or Flare Blitz, and mons that aren't hit super effectively with earthquake.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Sorry, i don't like trapping abilities.
    rachet67
    rachet67
    Ok, that's understandable
    Well, here is another one :
    Fighting / Flying Braviary. While Braviary stats are nothing impressive (decent bulk, good attack, decent speed), with a Fighting typing, he would have an unique niche : a Defogger who completely cockblocks Bisharp. Of course, it does not stop here : Braviary is a good check to some threats, like Terrakion, Landorus-T or even Scizor (only with a defensive spread).
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Sounds great, will probably include it in the future.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    On second thought, i can't accept it, as you are only allowed to change the secondary typing of a Pokemon not the primary...
    Full_Korbe
    Full_Korbe
    Ow, nuts.
    A Normal / Fighting type is not too bad (still worse), but it just makes no sense on, well, a bird.
    I'll try to find something else then, one day.
    Rapid Spin Miltank? She gets Gyro Ball and the cursed Rollout, so she clearly knows how to spin. With Scrappy, nothing can spinblock her, giving her a niche above other physical walls/Rapid Spinners, and means you don't have to use Defog and get rid of the hazards you laid down. She also has everything a wall needs; recovery, good defenses, a typing that isn't the worst, and a good deal of utility.
    Valmanway
    Valmanway
    She's also able to stomach hits from some hard hitting physical attackers, such as Mega Charizard X, Aegislash, Mega Pinsir, and Talonflame, so she can fulfill her defensive duties, as well as spinning hazards away.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Too shitty even with Rapid Spin.
    Valmanway
    Valmanway
    Yeah, that's a good point. lol
    Ok 1 more then I should probably go away for another 3 weeks...
    Amoonguss with Baton Pass. With the combination of baton pass, spore, ingrain, regenerator, solid bulk and growth, Smeargle can suck it. Amoonguss could become a core pokemon in nearly every baton pass team and baton pass will become a far more viable and threatening strategy.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Good idea, but i don't think that Baton Pass teams need any boost, they are already ridiculous.
    Ludicolo + Unburden
    Starmie + Compound eyes
    Celebi + Magic Guard
    Meloetta + Soundproof - Gives Meloetta a neat niche in soundproof+perish song plus Aria form becomes imune to the Bug Buzz and Pirouette form to Hyper Voice + Pixelate.
    Torkoal or Camerupt + Steel secondary typing
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    When Ludicolo gets a speed boost from swift swim he can be used in ubers with his epic coverage from hydro pump, ice beam, focus blast and grass knot. Unburden gives him a more practical way of obtaining the speed boost in the current meta.
    Starmie gets compound eyes on hydro pump, blizzard and thunder. (though I just realised starmie is B-).
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    Celebi is pretty self explanatory.
    Torkoal or Camerupt could use the 5 4x resistances to find set up opportunities. Camerupt could abuse rock polish and STAB flash cannon or iron head, whilst Torkoal could possibly run a curse + gyro ball set. Though I doubt shell smash sets would would one could try it.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Will consider those, thx.
    So Recover Cofagirigus was a no-go. This time, I will suggest a typing change: Water/Normal Slowking. Slowking is held back in OU for many reasons. First and foremost, it is outclassed by its cousin Slowbro, who has the same type and the same stats, except its Defense is higher where Slowking's Special Defense is higher. In the physically oriented OU metagame, that one small change makes a huge difference.
    Mowtom
    Mowtom
    A change from Psychic to Normal would change this. Slowking loses its horrible weaknesses to Bug and Dark, gains an immunity to Ghost, and only pays for it with a weakness to Fighting and a lack of resistance to Psychic.
    Mowtom
    Mowtom
    While a weakness to Fighting is bad, considering how often special attackers run Focus Blast, its low accuracy combined with Regenerator make it a worthy trade off for being able to always switch into special attackers such as those mentioned above. In terms of flavor, almost anything can comfortably be part Normal. If you"d like me to elaborate further, please let me know.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    From a first impression it sounds shitty, but i will consider it a bit more and maybe include it.
    Hi! So, I've a couple questions, but I don't know who can answer them. Hoping you can help. First and foremost, Meganium, Typhlosion, and Feraligatr do not have their Hidden Abilities available for selection on Showdown. I don't know who might be able to fix that, but just letting you know. Second, I have just recently heard about the Alphabet Cup, and I was wondering why it isn't under the "Other Metagames" list.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    You can talk to Zarel about the hidden abilities thing, and about Alphabet Cup, you can ask Arcticblast, the Other Metagames forum leader.
    pokegii
    pokegii
    okay, will do. thanks so much!
    I'd like to suggest a new Theorymon, one of my personal favorites: Fur Coat Flareon. With Flareon's newfound love, Flare Blitz, it's whopping 130 Attack, and a great 110 Sp. Def., the only thing that's missing (Besides speed) is Defense! Fur Coat would give Flareon a new lease on life, allowing it to be a monstrous mixed Tank. Flavor-wise, look at it! Thoughts?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Sorry but Flareon is too shitty even with Fur Coat.
    -Flygon-
    -Flygon-
    Oh, so Dragon/Steel Druddigon gets on, but Flareon is dismissed immediately? Sorry but Druddigon is too shitty even with Steel typing.
    Hey axel, I'm just curious but have some of my ideas been a bit off track or so? I was just curious for feedback on if my suggestions are acceptable or if I need to look at theorymon ideas in a different way. Not griping, just curious.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Don't worry, your suggestions are just fine, it's just that i preffered some others a bit more so far. I have yours in mind though...
    Salemance
    Salemance
    Ah, I got ya then. Just curious as always.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…