alexwolf
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• hi we play for the xy uu tournament (round 2). when do you want to play, i am gmt -5 and can play throughout the weekend and on tuesday of next week.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Sorry sweep, but i don't have the time to play, so take the activity win.
    Sweep
    no problem (and crap sorry for accidentally alerting you on the xy tournament thread).
    Hey, this is an application for the Victory Road Forums. If you find something wrong with the application, I'll be happy to fix it.

Main Application: http://pastebin.com/dDwBMPT5

OU ladder rank: http://snag.gy/7Ux11.jpg

(Please don't mind the pokebank rating, that was just me screwing around on the ladder)
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Start a discussion with all the OU mods, so we can vote about you. You have my yes btw.
    rachet67
    rachet67
    Thanks, I appreciate it. Do I just post this same application on all the other mods pages?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    No, just go to my info page, click the start conversation button, and then click add members to this convo to add the other mods.
    I realize we already did Mega Ampharos, but don't you think Fur Coat would be a better fit for it than Regenerator?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Sounds as a great idea!
    OU Theorymon suggestion:Meloetta starting with Pirouette Form
    Meloetta had an interesting form change, however it's usually unused since relic song takes up a moveslot and a turn. If Meloetta started with Pirouette form, it would definitely see more use.
    RickyRister
    RickyRister
    It is insanely fast at 128 base speed, making it the fastest fighting type. It has 128 base attack to launch STAB close combats and returns. It also gets a fast u-turn. Definitely isn't struggling with coverage, as it has stone edge/elemental punches/knock off. In fact, cc/return/knock off gets perfect coverage. However, its best boosting move is hone claws.
    How about refrigerate/tough claws weavile? I saw someone talk about that in the weavile thread and figured I'd carry the idea on to you.
    LoDart210
    Oh and fur coat ninetales, whom I believe is superior to drought because most drought ninetales ran sunny day anyway
    Je-Muzu
    Je-Muzu
    Same idea as me to point out the Weavile thread suggestion of tough claws Weavile, seems like a good fit, i think it would give weavile some good potential in OU even more so than now.
    Theorymon suggestion: Unaware Cofagrigus
    Unaware allows Confagrigus to switch into a variety of the most dangerous physical set up sweepers with ease, and can from there cripple them with will-o-wisp/semi-stall with pain split, or attempt to set up trick room and reverse the sweep.
    rachet67
    rachet67
    Unaware is currently given to otherwise terrible pokemon for good reason as it would otherwise make certain stall cores nigh unbreakable. However, Cofagrigus is prevent from becoming broken by a lack of reliable recovery (pain split and rest is all it has), lack of means to boost its defense, and the ability to be pursuit trapped.
    I have another Theorymon idea that I think would be extremely powerful: Aerilate Archeops.
    If that doesn't boost archeops to OU I don't what will, but I still don't think it's quite uber worthy. With an SR weakness and 75/65/65 defenses it would be easily revenge killed.
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    Looking at it again and it actually might be ubers ...
    Maybe
    there's an empoleon thread but there isn't a uxie thread smfh, may i fix this?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    It depends on what sets you plan on adding in the OP... Send me the OP and i will let you know.
    Just some theorymon suggestions Tinted Lens Flygon, i think it fits in flavour wise, Oblivious Smeragle because it stops it being taunted, so it can get on what it wants to do and still have an item slot and quite like an artist oblivious to everything when its focused on the art. Leviate Magnezone it floats for god's sake sure it'll miss trapping but an immunity to a 4x weakness thats a win anyway you look at it.
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    I thought about Tinted Lens Flygon as well but just don't think it would be quite enough without Dragon Dance. Flygon why you no got DD?
    A few more Theorymon suggestions:
    Magic Guard Chandelure: loses SR Weakness, no longer afraid of hazards
    Competitive Victini: becomes a Special version of Bisharp, has a wide Special movepool to take advantage of the boost
    Fire/Fighting Darmanitan: Loses SR weakness, STAB Superpower
    Lightningrod Rotom-S: not Levitate, gives it a useful immunity and potential SpAtk boost
    Salt
    Salt
    On another note, is there going to be a discussion thread about the theorymon ladder posted soon? I remember you mentioned it and I'd really like a chance to discuss the ladder.
    Theorymon: Head Smash Rhydon. I think it would be interesting to see because of Rhydons abilities, and it would give some reason to use Rhydon above Rhyperior, since Rhyperior loses Rock Head.
    I think I have another good one: Ice/Ground Avalugg with the ground typing Avalugg loses it stealth rock weakness and gets one of the best dual stab coverages: ice and ground. With its immense defense and reliable recovery and access to rapid spin would make a very viable OU pick.
    Since Metagross won't miss Clear Body or Light Metal, why not give it... Tough Claws
    Mgross has plenty of moves to abuse it with, like Bullet Punch, Hammer Arm, PowerUpPunch, Ice and Thunder Punch, Zen Headbutt and Meteor Mash. Suddenly you have a great STAB, pretty good coverage including Hammer Arm to hit Dark types. What do you think? Could work well with an Assault Vest
    Swaggizard
    Swaggizard
    Wouldn't Tough Claws be far more useful? That includes moves like Zen Headbutt too, and gives a stronger boost.
    abenx
    abenx
    Good point, thanks! I'll edit the post
    abenx
    abenx
    Im surprised to see metagross actually has claws
    How about Multiscale Vaporeon? It would be excellent with it and would make sense since Vaporeon looks scaly.
    I've been thinking of a strange one, yes, but I think it could work:

Fire/Dragon Arcanine. Types go well defensively and offensively, (only Heatran, Azumarill and Carbink/Diancie resist it.)

Being the only non-legendary fire type to not care about water is great. A dragon who doesn't fear ice or fairies is also great. Intimidate can soften the the other three commonly physical weaknesses.
    ethan06
    ethan06
    But it's not a dragon. It's a dog.
    Dilasc
    One more idea: Leech Seed Florges. Being a non-grass type with the move would be very empowering for the otherwise outclassed flower.
    ethan06
    ethan06
    ^I like this one though
    Shadow Tag Gourgeist. Prankster Pachirisu would be an awesome relatively frail utility pivot. Hyper Cutter or Intimidate Archeops. Bad Dreams Hypno. Maybe Sand Stream Donphan.. Quick Feet Rampardos is not Uber cause' it can only hold Toxic Orb. Heatproof Forretress since he is outclassed now. Filter Cofagrigus. Sturdy Kabutops.
    Theorymon ideas:
    Dragon Rush Zygarde (Coil, Dragon Rush, Possibly Glare), Poison Heal Snorlax (Offensive Blissey), Slack Off Walrein (Strong Bulky Wall breaker), Defiant Dusknoir (Blocks Rapid spin, counters Defog), Drizzle Pelipper (STAB Hurricanes/Hydro pump, roost, tailwind/stockpile).
    Thoughts?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Drizzle Pelipper and Toxic Heal Snorlax both seem delicious, and i will definitely consider them for future slates.
    I have some Theorymon suggestions:
    -Brave Bird Aerodactyl: BB MegaDactyl would be like Staraptor, except with more attack, speed, movepool options and more power added by the abillity, MegaDactyl really needs BB as it's best flying move is Fly.
    -Heatproof Forretress: Forretress is really outclassed this genaration, but Heatproof could give him some use, it'd be only 2XWeak to fire, and burns would be halved
    How about Guard Split Avalugg? The Rhyhorn and Shieldon lines can use Guard Split, and they are all in the Monster egg group. This would disrupt the momentum of special walls and AV tanks, making it in a sense a stallbreaking pivot.
    I think I got one this time; Solid Rock Regirock.

Due to him having one of the best defensive spreads of Rock types (with no crippling x4 weakness) and him literally just being a walking boulder, I believe the ability fits. It allows him to tank even easier, then abusing his albeit decent recovery move, and thus giving him a bit of leeway in investing in attack and not so much in defenses. This sound alright to ya?
    Shroomisaur
    Shroomisaur
    Was also wondering if you feel that Pursuit deserves a full slash on Bisharp now. (stupid character limit)
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Yeah, the SpD SubToxic set will be edit with either max SpA or max Speed and bumped up a few places, don't worry. As for Pursuit, either 'moves' or main set is fine with me.
    I have a few quick theorymon ideas that you could consider:
    Water/Fairy Milotic
    Adaptability Hawlucha
    Electrify Raichu

I would understand why the former two couldn't be slated, as Milotic's is just another Fairy retyping and Hawlucha's could be considered a "mindless offensive buff". However, I think Electrify Raichu has potential because of its high Speed and Lightningrod.
    I have a pretty interesting concept regarding Gourgeist; that is, I first need to know if alternate stat spreads are allowed, since that's the major theme of the concept. If said changes are allowed, I'll gladly inform you of my Theorymon concept.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Unfortunately they aren't.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Unfortunately they aren't.
    Kyuzeth
    Kyuzeth
    Ah, that's a shame. You see, my concept revolved around different stat changes for Gourgeist. The smaller Sizes can't store energy well and are fast physical attackers as a result; the larger Sizes are less mobile, but compensate with good long-range, special moves and great HP to boot.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…