Search results

  1. Here comes team Charm!

    Resource 1v1 Sword and Shield Viability Rankings

    That's true, but note that most arcanines nowadays run Confide instead of Snarl, which lets you win effortlessly.
  2. Here comes team Charm!

    Resource 1v1 Sword and Shield Viability Rankings

    Torkoal is highkey fire. The Sun (Torkoal) @ Air Balloon Ability: Drought EVs: 144 HP / 200 SpA / 164 Spe Modest Nature IVs: 0 Atk - Overheat - Earth Power - Solar Beam - Shell Smash This set beats jirachi (1), offensive mimikyu (2), galarian darmanitan (3), non-yawn sylveon (4)...
  3. Here comes team Charm!

    Project Can you make me...

    Bulky LO primarina with some defense investment seems to fit the bill. Run Moonblast/Ice Beam/Aria, with the last slot containing Aqua Jet, Energy Ball, Encore, or Hydro Pump. Moonblast kills draco and pult (to deal with disable pult, alternate moonblast and ice beam), sparkling aria kills exa...
  4. Here comes team Charm!

    Pet Mod [Gen 8] Double Trouble [hiatus-EXTENDED]

    My vote is contingent on what we're supposed to aim for here. If the goal was to make 580 BST behemoths (which neither the OP nor the perrserker example made clear) then I'll vote for pokemonguy I guess. If the goal was closer to making what's currently in doubles, I'll abstain from voting.
  5. Here comes team Charm!

    Project Break My Team [Cycle #7] [DPP]

    Moved some EVs from defense to attack: you still tank mimi's phantom forces but now you also OHKO ttar.
  6. Here comes team Charm!

    Project Break My Team [Cycle #7] [DPP]

    Doublade @ Eviolite Ability: No Guard EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 Def Impish Nature - Shadow Claw - Shadow Sneak - Iron Head - Close Combat It's pokemon sword after all. Snorlax can't hurt you because you're a ghost, so that matchup is trivial. Spam iron head and CC, win. Tyranitar doesn't...
  7. Here comes team Charm!

    Project Break My Team [Cycle #7] [DPP]

    Hawlucha @ Choice Band Ability: Mold Breaker EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Adamant Nature - Close Combat - Brave Bird - Poison Jab - Stone Edge HJK kills lax (imagine missing). 252+ Atk Choice Band Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 188 HP / 248+ Def Snorlax: 522-614 (102.7 - 120.8%) --...
  8. Here comes team Charm!

    Project OU Next Best Thing: Cycle 13 - Togekiss (Submissions)

    That's not how percentages work. I'm assuming you're adding up the odds (30% flinch + 33% confusion + 25% paralysis), but you should be multiplying the odds of getting to act. If you do that, you'll get a much less impressive result of 0.7*0.67*0.75 = 35% chance to act, or a 65% chance to skip...
  9. Here comes team Charm!

    Pet Mod [Gen 8] Double Trouble [hiatus-EXTENDED]

    Pokemon: Toxicroak Stats: 83/126(+20)/70(+5)/76(-10)/70(+5)/87(+2) (overall: 512) New Moves: Close Combat, Knock Off, Parting Shot, Outrage Everyone's favorite frog saw some use in the era of Xerneas and Kyogre, but seems to have fallen out of favor again. With parting shot, better fighting...
  10. Here comes team Charm!

    Resource 1v1 SWSH Sets Compendium

    Well-done EVs are the main advantage this has over just building something yourself, so I guess it'd be best to have some EV explanation at least.
  11. Here comes team Charm!

    Resource 1v1 SWSH Sets Compendium

    Went through the compendium, could find nothing other than 'avoid the 2hko from golisopod's leach life' (which is pointless because it has liquidation or first impression) and 'avoid the 2hko from max attack gyara waterfall' (which is pointless because they all have life orb or earthquake).
  12. Here comes team Charm!

    Data Usage-Based Tier Update for February 2020 (NU time!)

    It's passive, it doesn't have great resistances, it's extremely weak to taunt, knock off, and trick, and there's way more ghost and dark types than in previous gens' OU (and even more with the recent rises from UUBL). Watching it drop after the initial hype isn't that surprising.
  13. Here comes team Charm!

    Resource 1v1 SWSH Sets Compendium

    Using the weezing-galar and cinderace sets in the compendium: 188 SpA Choice Specs Weezing-Galar Sludge Wave vs. 8 HP / 48 SpD Cinderace: 195-231 (64.3 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 200 Atk Cinderace Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 56+ Def Weezing-Galar: 129-153 (38.7 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO +1 200...
  14. Here comes team Charm!

    Resource 1v1 SWSH Sets Compendium

    Head Smash seems better on steelix than Rock Blast: the miss chance is only 10% worse but it gives you a better matchup versus, say, choiced rotom-heat (come to think of it, also vikavolt). At the very least, it's worth listing as an option.
  15. Here comes team Charm!

    Metagame 1v1 Metagame Discussion

    Babiri berry doesn't help a lot vs band haxorus, because any smart player will be clicking outrage. Unless you also run over a hundred defensive EVs (probably not worth it for one rare matchup), it's not going to make a difference.
  16. Here comes team Charm!

    Project Can you make me...

    Golisopod @ Life Orb Ability: Emergency Exit EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 80 Def / 56 SpD Adamant Nature - First Impression - Sucker Punch - Liquidation - Leech Life First Impression kills every mew except tanga or protect (both of which are extremely rare). You tank any hit from haxorus...
  17. Here comes team Charm!

    Project Can you make me...

    Cinderace @ Liechi Berry Ability: Blaze EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 224 Spe Adamant Nature - Flare Blitz - Bulk Up - Substitute - Flame Charge +1 252+ Atk Blaze Cinderace Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Mew: 405-477 (100.2 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO Kasib, Tanga, Herb, and Sitrus are all...
  18. Here comes team Charm!

    Project Break My Team [Cycle #7] [DPP]

    Your plans versus milotic is to click taunt-hjk-roost-hjk-hjk, right? That's like three or four turns where you potentially have to avoid the scald burn (depending on whether milotic scalds t1). The rules regarding secondary effects are unclear, but you only have a 34% chance of avoiding a burn...
  19. Here comes team Charm!

    Project Can you make me...

    Do people run that a lot? All the cinders I've seen have been band or sub+liechi. It seems to me that endure doesn't help all that much, because you're still getting killed by priority and faster mons, while you miss out on beating imprison mew.
  20. Here comes team Charm!

    Project Can you make me...

    We'll see about that, Joker. Chandelure @ Kasib Berry Ability: Infiltrator EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA Bold Nature IVs: 30 HP - Thief - Shadow Ball - Substitute - Protect As a general rule, remember that one shadow ball kills after disguise is broken. 0 SpA Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP /...
Top