Tournaments [£70 Prize Pool!] RBY Kanto Expansion Pak Kick-Off (Won by Amaranth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Approved by emma like a week ago or something
Fresh off the press, the Kanto Expansion Pak Mod has finally been released on Dragon Heaven. After some initial balancing and beta testing, it seems just about ready for tournament play! Paulluxx (of Pet Mods fame) has agreed to help host!

Thanks to Ctown6 and Ika Ika Musume for increasing the prize pool! Here's how it's distributed...
1st: £40 - Amaranth
2nd: £20 - Revenge Killer
3rd: £10 Quarante8

deer.png
Basic Info
The RBY Kanto Expansion Pak is a mod that adds;
  • Scrapped Pokemon, regional forms, and cross-gen evolutions adjacent to Gen 1.​
  • The SpaceWorld '97 Dark- and Steel-types alongside modern Fairy; type chart here.​
    • Notably, Dark is weak to Normal, and Steel is sort of an inverse Rock-type.​
    • Moves for these types are added and feature effects that are identical to what already exists in RBY. For example, Feint Attack is a Dark-type Swift, so it's imported.
The mod is designed to not have the top tiers fundamentally changed, but the metagame around them diversifies. It's compatible with virtually any competitive format under the sun, truly embodying the "Expansion Pak" concept. Full details on the mod can be found here, which includes LC/NFE Pokemon, unlike above.

gyaoon.png
Rules
  • This is a 4-round Swiss Tournament! Experiment with the new threats!
    • All players will play at least four matches, even if they lose.
    • If there are players tied for first after four matches, we will proceed to a playoffs elimination round.
    • Each round will last at most one week.
  • Matches will be best-of-three against each opponent in the [Gen 1] Kanto Expansion Pak format on Dragon Heaven! (defined as the first player to win two games, i.e. ties are not counted).
    • The Kanto Expansion Pak Ruleset is Gen 1 OU, with Mewtwo, Mew, Lickilicky, Blissey, Porygon2, and Porygon-Z BANNED!
  • Replays of all tournament games must be posted.
    • Due to how Dragon Heaven interacts with restarts, it may be wise to attach a downloaded replay, but this is not mandatory.

steelix.png
Sample Teams
Some common teams can be used simply by upgrading the Pokemon! Eg. Upgrading your Rhydon teams with Rhyperior is perfectly viable! You can even use a regular RBY OU Sample Team! I recommend using the Dragon Heaven teambuilder to evaluate new stuff.

Post "in" to sign up and let me or Paulluxx know if anyone has any questions. My Discord is @ Plague von Karma#2000, Paulluxx's is Paulluxx#8852.
Signups will be open until Sunday, 10th July at 11:59 PM (GMT +1)

This Discord may also help!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)