XY RU ☆ Mite Mite Kochichi ☆

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Introduction and Teambuilding
As with the previous two RU suspects, I'm here again to post the team I got reqs with. Mainly because I like writing RMTs, but partially because I really like this team and it is based around a core I've been trying out, and it also explores new possibilities in the RU metagame, using some sets that aren't seen as much. After struggling a lot in the beginning of this suspect test because I had no teams (cuz I was too lazy to build any serious ones lol) and the ones I were using were all given to me by friends and I didn't have the patience to use them too much and get used to them, so I got to build this team around a Pokemon (or rather; a single set of the Pokemon) that I haven't seen much before, and that is Meloetta-Pirouette. When I started the team with Meloetta-P as the sweeper I am basing the team around, I was thinking of what Melo-P wouldn't be able to sweep through, and those Pokemon were mostly physical walls like Doublade, Alomomola, and Gligar. I thought hard for a Pokemon that can take them all out at once and I remembered a Cobalion set that user: Chimpact once suggested to me in a previous RMT I posted, and it was perfect. Calm Mind Cobalion can easily lure in Doublade and kill it off with HP Ghost or weaken it to the point where a Knock Off from Melo-P can KO. It can lure in Gligar and 2HKO with Stealth Rock, and Alomomola can't even scratch it as it kills with two Focus Blasts. Now, since 2HKOing Gligar requires Stealth Rock (it's a very small chance of 2HKOing otherwise), I was trying to think of Pokemon that can use it, and Druddigon fit the criteria well. It can reliably set SR up most of the time, and with the set I was using on it which is Life Orb, it can often punch holes in the opposing team before it goes down. With a basic core settled, and an offensive Stealth Rock user in Druddigon, I moved on to look for other Pokemon to fit the remaining slots. Choice Scarf Moltres along with Gligar came up. Moltres for its revenge killing prowess as well as U-turn, and Gligar for Defog. At this point, I saw a glaring flaw which was weakness to some common Pokemon like Slowking, Aromatisse, and Amoonguss, and I found what would be called the perfect glue for the team: Mega Abomasnow.

Moving on from the lengthy and boring teambuilding process, here's the actual team:

At a Glance

In-Depth:

kochichi (Meloetta) @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Return
- Knock Off​

Being the primary sweeper here, Meloetta is part of the core this team is based around as I explained in the teambuilding bit. It usually comes in after Cobalion has taken out or severely weakened specific Pokemon like Alomomola, Gligar, and Doublade. After transforming, Meloetta has an impressive base 128 Attack and Speed, strong STAB options, and Knock Off to round up the coverage. With it's speed and power, being only outsped by 1 relevant threat which is Jolteon, it often sweeps teams easily and without much trouble, although having to rely on using Relic Song to transform and therefore actually be effective is a big risk sometimes, the reward is worth it. Meloetta often comes in on a revenge kill to use Relic Song and transform, but it can also afford to use Relic Song on some special attacking Pokemon assuming they don't have a super-effective move of course, and that's thanks to Meloetta's natural special bulk. Those Pokemon can include Delphox, Moltres, Heliolisk, Clawitzer (if it uses Dark Pulse, it will be resisted by Melo-P), etc.

Hasty nature is used because regular Meloetta has decent SpA and Relic Song isn't that weak, so I didn't want to needlessly reduce its damage output, especially since it is supposed to revenge kill things with it.

Moves:
- Relic Song is used to obviously allow Meloetta to transform into Meloetta-P, doesn't do half bad damage as normal meloetta.
- Close Combat: high power obligatory STAB move for Melo-P.
- Return: Same as above, except a bit weaker and doesn't have any drawbacks.
- Knock Off: Meloetta's only way of hitting ghost-types such as Doublade etc. Also a good move in general, even on regular meloetta.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast​

The second part of the core with Meloetta, Cobalion is also a crucial member that this team was based around, and usually comes out before Meloetta to lure and weaken the physical walls Meloetta struggles against. With Calm Mind and a combination of HP Ghost and its dual STAB options, Cobalion can effectively lure and eliminate its usual checks and counters such as Gligar, Doublade, Alomomola, Golbat and Tangrowth. After Calm Mind it can easily do 60% minimum to Doublade with HP Ghost, while 2HKOing Gligar after Stealth Rock with Flash Cannon and doing ~60% minimum to Alomomola at +1, while Golbat and Tangrowth can't really do much back.

+1 252 SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ghost vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 180-212 (55.9 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Cobalion Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Gligar: 144-171 (43.1 - 51.1%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Cobalion Focus Blast vs. 104 HP / 156 SpD Alomomola: 327-385 (65.7 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Cobalion Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Golbat: 129-153 (36.4 - 43.2%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

This Cobalion isn't meant to break stall, it is just meant to come in preferably early- to mid-game, lure out specific threats and eliminate them. The beauty about it is that it can do work vs. both stall and offense. Because it is fast and naturally bulky, it's not deadweight aginst offense since a +1 Focus Blast can still hit pretty hard, and it can set up on a few offensive Pokemon thanks to its typing + natural bulk. and as I explained, against stall, it can eliminate the aforementioned walls.

Moves:
- Calm Mind: The move the set is centred around. With a boost, Cobalion can bypass most of its usual checks and counters with the respective move.
- HP Ghost: Mainly to truck Doublade. Ghost is used over Dark for better overall coverage and to not give Pokemon Justified boosts.
- Flash Cannon: STAB with no drawbacks.
- Focus Blast: STAB with a nasty 70% accuracy, but necessary regardless.

Druddigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot
Druddigon is the Stealth Rock setter of the team, as well as a little hole puncher that I like to lead with when I feel like leading with Moltres isn't a good idea. It's mostly straight forward; Stealth Rock is obviously Stealth Rock, helps pressure some Pokemon like Yanmega and Moltres and forces the opponent to try and remove them, Outrage is an obligatory strong as fuck STAB that, when coupled with the fact that its got maximum investment along with Life Orb means that it will hit fucking hard. Sucker Punch is a good priority move to have, and can hurt Pokemon like Yanmega and Sharpedo. Finally, Gunk Shot is mainly for nailing Aromatisse since I barely have any other way of dealing with her other than pressure it with Mega Abomasnow. Sometimes I feel like Druddigon could really use a slot for Fire Punch but there is simply nothing that I can remove from the set. I contemplated running it over Stealth Rock and giving Gligar Stealth Rock, but I can't replace any of Gligar's moves either.

Moves:
- Stealth Rock: Arguably the best move in the game, why not?
- Outrage: Ridiculously strong STAB coming off fully invested attack boosted by LO.
- Sucker Punch: Good priority to have.
- Gunk Shot: donks Aromatisse, and is a good move to use since it is only a bit weaker than Outrage, and can be used in case I don't want to get locked into Outrage.

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 88 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
The wallbreaking force of the team, and what I consider the glue. Mega Abomasnow patches up weaknesses such as Slowking and Amoonguss, and pressures them hard. It also wallbreaks anything not called Registeel pretty damn hard with its strong dual STABs and strong mixed offensive stats. The EV spread looks weird, and it probably is, but it serves a purpose. 164 Speed ensures that I get the jump on Doublade who is trying to get the jump on Rhyperior and therefore, Mega Abomasnow gets the jump on both. Max Special Attack investment, 88 HP leftover EVs and gives SR number, and the 4 final EVs are dumped into Attack (coincidentally, it also makes sure Abomasnow OHKOs 252 HP Slowking 100% of the time at 100% HP.) I opted for a Quite nature to not reduce any of its bulk. With Giga Drain, it can often find itself outlasting walls like SpD Aromatisse (who dies to two Wood Hammers), and can use it as a free way of recovery and that's always nice. Ice Shard is a good priority to have, especially with Yanmega being everywhere. I feel like Earthquake should be there somewhere but I really can't find a place for it.

Moves:
- Blizzard: No reason to use Abomasnow if it doesn't have Blizzard.
- Wood Hammer: Used mainly to KO Slowking, but it is also good for breaking SpDef Aromatisse and giving Abomasnow mixed wallbreaking capabilites.
- Giga Drain: Good STAB to have that gives Abomasnow more survivability.
- Ice Shard: Good priority to have to hurt things like Yanmega and pick severely weakened Pokemon.

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
Moltres is used as a Choice Scarf user over other Pokemon like Delphox and Emboar because of a couple of reasons; it beats Doublade reliably and easily assuming SR are off the field, is a bit more powerful, and has access to U-turn, which is extremely helpful for pivoting out of Slowking switch ins. It allows me to revenge kill a bunch of threats like Cobalion, Durant, Virizion, Jolteon, Dugtrio, etc. It's mostly a straightforward Pokemon with straightforward moves. Dual STAB with Flamethrower for reliability when sweeping/cleaning late-game.

Moves:
- Fire Blast: Strong STAB
- Hurricane: See above
- Flamethrower: Reliable STAB to spam for cleaning late-game, relatively strong as well.
- U-turn: Used to gain momentum against things like an incoming Slowking etc.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
Gligar is also another straightforward Pokemon. It is the defogger of the team, and the main switch-in to a lot of Pokemon such as Hitmonlee, Rhyperior, and Druddigon. U-turn allows it to create a U-turning core with Moltres kind of, and helps it pivot in general. It is also coupled with a 30 Speed IV to always get the U-turn after opposing Gligar. It was chosen mainly because of its reliability as a defogger, since it is almost always guaranteed to get a Defog against any kinds of teams.

And that's it! Overall this has been a very fun team to use although admittedly I haven't used it all that much, but I have experienced it well enough.

Moves:
- Defog: Absolutely necessary to remove hazards which are a threat to the team otherwise.
- Earthquake: good STAB to have
- U-turn: Makes Gligar not lose momentum, and forms a cool u-turning core with Moltres to gain momentum on things.
- Roost: For reliable recovery etc.

Threats and how I deal with them:
keep in mind I don't auto-lose to these, I just have to play carefully as they can prove to be a bit annoying

: It can come in for free against Cobalion and Moltres, although most of the time I would use U-turn on Moltres for that very reason. Anyway, A well played Slowking can threaten all the members of this team, as nothing can switch in. My best way of dealing with it would be to switch to Druddigon first to scout if it has Fire Blast or not. If it used it, then I'll stay in and Outrage, if not, then switch to Abomasnow. If it is any version other than Specs/Assault Vest, it's pretty much guaranteed to not have Fire Blast and I can feel safe to switch to Mega Abomasnow, which in turn OHKOs non-phys defensive variants with Wood Hammer.

: Registeel is usually not a problem but it can get a free switch in on Mega Abomasnow seeing as it lacks Earthquake. Nothing on my team likes a Thunder Wave except for Druddigon (and gligar ofc) which while still not liking it, is the most "paralyzable" Pokemon in the team. But alas, my Druddigon is walled by Registeel. I usually deal with it by going to Gligar and then going for U-turn. However, the threatening thing about Registeel is that going to Gligar as it uses stealth rock usually forces me to Defog (as my team is weak to SR) which in turn gives the opponent a free turn to bring in a threat, which really makes me lose momentum and is the annoying thing about Registeel.

: Extremely, extremely, extremely annoying and I have to play extremely carefully against this guy. It can literally kill any member of my team with the correct coverage, and I have to depend on hail + smart switchins + Life Orb damage to wear it down where my faster Pokemon or a Sucker Punch from Druddigon can kill it off.

: Choice Specs versions can be quite annoying, as the only Hyper Voice resist is Cobalion which doesn't have the best SpD stat in the world. I usually deal with it by Knocking Off its Specs with my own Meloetta as it can take any 1 hit thanks to its natural SpD bulk in its regular form. Without the specs, it's not much of a threat. I have never faced Meloetta-P (ironically) so i don't honestly know if that would be as threatening, but I doubt it since I have a scarf moltres + gligar.

: thank fuck this is getting banned. Usually my two priorities kill it off quickly, but it can prove annoying and usually takes down 1 Pokemon at least, regardless if its tinted lens or speed boost.

kochichi (Meloetta) @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Return
- Knock Off

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 88 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Gligar @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Druddigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot

Song:
(thanks molk for posting this song in one thread and inspiring me to use melo-p!)

Last edited:

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
if you ever add a threatlist AV slowking fits nicely right at the top as it literally just about murders ur whole squad, you could run pursuit on drudd over possibly sucker punch because you do have a scarfer and abomasnow in terms of priority and speed. Becos at this point AV slowking just stomps all over this function. Cool posse though ^_^

Set looks sumthin like this:

Druddigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Updated OP with a few threats.

GlassGlaceon in regards to your post, I agree that Fire Blast Slowking is a pretty big threat if I manage to lose Abomasnow or play with it incorrectly, but I don't think it is worth giving up a good priority on Druddigon just to Pursuit out the Slowking. Not to mention on the ladder, most people keep their Slowking in on Druddigon for some reason I don't know. Sucker Punch is extremely valuable, and I explained how I deal with Slowking in the op after updating it.

Sucker Punch on Drudd along with Ice Shard from Megasnow is the only thing keeping my team from not being obliterated by Meloetta and Yanmega, for example. It also helps with other random stuff like picking off weakened Pokemon.

edit: also explained move choices for all Pokemon.

Last edited:

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Nice team Arikado ^_^ just a couple of things:

• Why are you using Hasty instead of Naive in Meloetta? You take priority hits better especially Mach Punch and Sucker Punch. Just a quick comparison:
252+ Atk Gurdurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Meloetta-P: 152-180 (44.5 - 52.7%) -- 18.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Gurdurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Meloetta-P: 134-162 (39.2 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Meloetta-P: 195-229 (57.1 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Meloetta-P: 218-257 (63.9 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Also you can still take a hit from Specs Meloetta: 252+ SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4- SpD Meloetta: 216-255 (63.3 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • Use HP Dark over HP Ghost on Cobalion: your two main reasons are a) It has better coverage and b) Not to give other pokes Justified boost. I don't think coverage is that important because let's be honest you are using CM Cobalion to deal with Doublade and the only 3 relevant justifed users are the musketeers (Scarfed Moltres deals with them) and Gallade who isn't that common and with HP Dark you get perfect IVS :]

Overall nice team with original stuff and way better than the mainstream Spikes HO teams that you usually see.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Hi, Arikado!

This is a very cool and creative team you have here, and I have a few suggestions that may help it function better in battle. I've been getting into RU lately and I've actually practiced with this team a lot (thanks for suggesting it to me by the way ^_^), and I noticed that it has huge problems with Calm Mind Cresselia. There was almost nothing this team could do every time I ran into this threat, so I have some patches in mind to help out with that.

Gligar @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

I recommend giving Gligar Toxic over U-turn. This will guarantee that the team can overcome Calm Mind Cresselia, which is a huge threat in RU (especially now that Yanmega and Zoroark have been banned). For this set, I've also moved 4 Special Defense EVs to Speed to ensure that Gligar outspeeds Cresselia, as both have base 85 Speed and Cresselia doesn't usually invest there because it wants a spread that maximizes its bulk. Calm Mind Meloetta is becoming more popular as well, but it's a lot less difficult to bring down because it doesn't have conventional recovery like Cresselia does.

The rest of the team looks pretty solid. Careful playing can help the team get around the Pokemon you mentioned in the threatlist in most cases. I wish you continued luck with your team! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)