ORAS OU ✧✧✧Roar Mega Garchomp! Boiling Steam And Howling Sands (ELO 1530+)✧✧✧

Play
Overview On Mega Garchomp:

Garchomp, one of the most powerful Pokemon in a game gets a 100 base stat point boost thanks to its Mega evolution...and somehow manages to become worse for it? Yep. Who would have thought? Losing 10 base speed totally gutted one of Garchomp's main qualities, its speed. Without speed it's just a slow bulky attacker. It has 170 / 120 offenses but this isn't even important because standard Life Orb Garchomp hits hard and is faster. Okay sure Mega Garchomp gains a bit of bulk? Not enough to make up for no longer having Rough Skin or not being able to hold Rocky Helmet! It isn't all bad though. Megachomp gets Sand Force which makes its Earthquakes and Stone Edges hit with insane power. Its boost to Special Attack actually helps it by giving it a powerful Draco Meteor to steam-roll the bulky grounds that sort of stopped its non-Mega form. It might not be as great as its previous form but hey it's a shark crossed with a praying mantis so it has to be at least somewhat good right?

Positives

• A boost to Special Attack and Sand Force means in ideal situations it can hit way harder than its standard form can.
  • Mega Garchomp has a solid defensive body with 108 / 115 / 95 base defenses.
  • It keeps its 102 base speed on the turn it Mega Evolves, so at least temporarily you can circumvent the speed issue.
  • It technically has slightly less attack than Life Orb Garchomp but the difference is only about 6% outside of Sandstorm and it does get way more Special Attack.
  • As with all Megas it hits hard without worrying about Life Orb recoil and also doesn't care about Trick / takes reduced damage from Knock Off.
Negatives
  • 92 base speed is really slow compared to 102. Now Charizard, Volcarona, Kyurem, Manaphy, Landorus, and other Garchomp can easily wipe you out.
  • Trick immunity and reduced damage from Knock Off do not make up for the loss of Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet.
  • The moment you Mega Evolve you immediately give away what set you run. Now your opponent knows you don't run Focus Sash, Rocky Helmet, Choice Scarf, Stealth Rocks, or any other surprises. In a weird way it's actually relieving seeing a Garchomp Mega Evolve because it reveals a ton of information about the Mega Garchomp team.
  • It uses up a Mega slot that could be used on other things. What's more scary? Mega Garchomp and Smooth Rock Tyranitar or Life Orb Garchomp and Charizard X? This is the biggest issue really. Mega Garchomp requires a mega slot AND sand support. That's a pretty big team commitment and what do you really get out of it?
TEAM-BUILDING PROCESS:

[Wall Breaker]
Mix Mega Garchomp acts as a fantastic wall breaker for sand teams as it boasts powerful coverage moves in Fire Blast and Draco Meteor. With this is can weaken and even KO most walls that plagues Sand teams e.g. Landorus-T and Skarmory, this of course paves the way for Excadrill to sweep with ease. The perk of being a mixed set allows Mega Garchomp to stall break to some extent. Mega Garchomp forms a great core with Tyranitar and Excadrill.

[Stealth Rock User, Pursuit Trapper, Sand Setter And Sweeper]
As mentioned previously, the addition of Tyranitar and Excadrill forms an offensive sand core. The idea behind the core is that Tyranitar sets up hazards, pursuit traps and summon sandstorms. This leaves Mega Garchomp with the job of weakening walls that stop Excadrill e.g. Skamory and Landorus-T. Once the stage has been set, Excadrill freely sweeps due to the lack of counters on the opponent's side.

[Hazard Staker And Pivot]
My core was weak to Weavile so I added Skarmory as a reliable counter. It also forms a hazard-stacking, defensive core with SR Tyranitar (because Skarmory learns spikes). Skarmory is the team's answer against fairy types and the Lati-twins. It can also handle Landorus-T really well.

[Stall Breaker]
Manaphy was the 4th member to the squad. Although the team boasts incredible offensive power, it was vulnerable to stall. Manaphy's access to Tail Glow, Hydration and Rain Dance allows it to break past many stall teams. The added perk of using Manaphy over AV Volcanion, was the refreshing rain it brings.

[Hazard remover]
Latios completes the team by bringing immediate speed and power. This allows Latios to effectively take down bulky walls that the team may struggle with e.g. Slowbro, opposing Manaphy etc. As if this wasn't good enough, Latios also supports the team by removing entry hazards and handling Mega Charizard Y.

DETAILED ANALYSIS:

Destroyer (Garchomp-Mega) (M) @ Garchompite

Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
Earthquake

Draco Meteor

Fire Blast

Swords Dance / Substitute

Draco Meteor is Garchomp's most powerful STAB move and hits its usual switch-ins on their much weaker Special Defense. Earthquake is useful for hitting Steel-, Rock-, and Fire-types super effectively. Fire Blast roasts Steel-types that take little from Garchomp's Earthquake, which includes Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory. Swords Dance allows Mega Garchomp to boost its already stellar Attack to astronomical levels, enabling it to tear apart many defensive teams. The use of Swords Dance on an offensive set gives it the best of both worlds (in terms of Wall Breaking), as it can now break past Chansey, Skarmory, Clefable etc. Substitute blocks attempts at inflicting Garchomp with a status move, it provides Garchomp with breathing room against offence whilst also protecting it from weaker attacks from Pokemon found on bulkier teams.

Note: If Mega Garchomp's speed is too slow for your tastes, you could always run a Rash Nature with 172 Atk / 156 SAtk / 180 Spd EVs instead. This abandons the idea of keeping your non-Mega speed (sometimes), but in exchange Mega Garchomp will gain more power!

Dustdevil (Tyranitar)(M) @ Smooth Rock / Chople Berry

Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
Stealth Rock

Stone Edge

Pursuit

Ice Beam / Thunder Wave / Fire Blast

I chose this set over the Choice Scarf variant as due to its ability to bring long lasting Sandstorm (which SD Excadrill appreciates). This set focuses on supporting its team even further with the utility of Stealth Rock. Tyranitar makes for a great user of the move due to its ability to threaten Defog users. Pursuit traps Latios and Latias, which allows Stealth Rock to stay on their side of the field for the remainder of the match. Stone Edge is a secondary STAB move that lets Tyranitar KO Zapdos, Mandibuzz, Kyurem-B, and Talonflame. Ice Beam KOes Garchomp, Landorus-T, and Gliscor. Thunder Wave can also be used to cripple offensive threats such as Mega Gardevoir. Thunder Wave offers some level of speed control which benefits Mega Garchomp. Fire Blast is an option to threaten Ferrothorn and Scizor.

Tremors (Excadrill)(M) @ Air Balloon / Life Orb

Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Earthquake

Iron Head

Rock Slide / Rapid Spin

Swords Dance / Rapid Spin

Adamant Nature is preferred on this team as the extra power allows Excadrill to sweep with very little effort, and opposing Excadrill are hard-walled by my Skarmory. Earthquake and Iron Head are Excadrill's STAB moves, sporting high power and fantastic coverage. Life Orb-boosted Earthquake is extremely powerful, 2HKOing standard Ferrothorn and generally pummeling pretty much any Pokemon that does not resist it. Iron Head has a useful chance to flinch and hits most non-grounded foes, such as Latios, Landorus-T, and Gengar, for a high amount of damage. Rock Slide is Excadrill's best coverage move, hitting Flying-types such as Thundurus, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir super effectively. It is also Excadrill's best option against Rotom-W and Skarmory. The last slot is a choice between sweeping capability and team support. Swords Dance turns Excadrill into a fearsome balance breaker; for instance, it gives it a high chance to KO Slowbro and standard Choice Scarf Landorus-T after Stealth Rock damage with Earthquake.

Silverwing (Skarmory)(M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
Iron Head

Spikes

Roost

Whirlwind / Taunt

Specially defensive Skarmory!? No, I haven’t gone insane. Although Skarmory might not seem like your first choice for a specially defensive Pokemon, its typing does give it a niche as a means of dealing with a myriad of fairy types, most of whom are specially based, most notably Mega Diancie whom Skarmory can soundly obliterate if Mega Diancie thinks its Magic Bounce ability makes it safe from Skarmory. To that end, Iron Head becomes the preferred STAB attack, in order to punish those fairy types, and of course without investment it soundly 1HKOs Mega Diancie. Beyond that, the movepool is identical to the standard set. Roost is Skarmory’s reliable recovery that allows it to keep itself healthy throughout the match to continue doing its job. Finally, Whirlwind allows Skarmory to phase out Pokemon to avoid being set up on and rack up entry hazard damage, but Taunt can allow Skarmory to deal with slower defensive Pokemon instead.

Note: Since I'm running Latios and Volcanion there was no need for the flying type move Brave Bird, as this combination of Psychic and Fire nails most fighting and grass type PKMN.

Manaphy @ Leftovers

Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Tail Glow

Rain Dance

Scald

Psychic

Tail Glow boosts Manaphy's Special Attack by three stages, making it capable of cutting through defensive teams. Rain Dance further boosts Manaphy's power, allowing it to break past Clefable and Chansey more easily and making it effectively immune to status ailments. Scald has a nifty 30% chance to burn the foe and is Manaphy's strongest STAB move, and its power is augmented even further via Tail Glow and Rain Dance. Psychic allows Manaphy to circumvent Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, Conkeldurr, Dragalge, Toxicroak, and Keldeo. Using Psychic means that Manaphy has an easier time against stall utilizing Mega Sableye + Amoonguss or Mega Venusaur + Heatran cores. Energy Ball hits Water-types such as Slowbro, Suicune, and Rotom-W for super effective damage and allow it take on Rain Team easily (it scores a 1HKO on Mega Swampert).

Airforce (Latios)@ Life Orb

Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
Draco Meteor

Psyshock

Thunderbolt

Roost / Defog

Draco Meteor is Latios's strongest move, dealing great damage to Pokemon that don't resist it such as Thundurus and Slowbro. Psyshock allows Latios to threaten special walls such as Chansey and Assault Vest users such as Raikou, Tornadus-T, and Conkeldurr by hitting their weaker Defense stat. Thunderbolt allows Latios to beat bulky Water-types such as Suicune, Manaphy, and Gyarados more easily without resorting to Draco Meteor and hits Skarmory super effectively. Roost improves Latios's longevity and aids it in checking threats such as Keldeo and Mega Manectric. Defog provides invaluable support to team-mates so that their health is not chipped away by entry hazards.

THREAT LIST:

+

Medicham and Mega Gallade are huge threats to my team (especially if they have Ice Punch) as I do not have a reliable switch-in to either of them. Their coverage moves and high power threatens every member in the team.

Gengar threatens this team due non of my team mates being viable switch-ins to it. Thanks to its coverage, it can effortlessly 1-2HKO by entire team. A Chople Berry can be used on Tyranitar to allow it to survive a Focus Blast attack and then retaliate with Pursuit.

With the right level of prediction Keldeo threatens my team badly as it can cripple the few PKMN capable of surviving via Scald. Volcanion may seem like a decent counter but Secret Sword 2HKOs it.

CONCLUSION:

Sandstorm is the most used weather effect, and for good reasons too. Sandstorm has several game-changing effects that can be fully utilized to your advantage. A major problem for sandstorm teams is stall teams. Most Pokémon that do well in sandstorm aren't proficient at running mixed sets, and as such, breaking the walls of stall teams is difficult. Including mixed attackers is an ideal way to tackle stall teams (M-Garchomp). Special attacker are often able to break down a few walls so this gives Sand teams the chance to sweep with something else (Excadrill). Toxic Spikes is another large problem, as it hits many common sandstorm Pokémon. This is why I included Defog Latios even though it annoys my Skarmory due to it blowing away our hazards too. For this reason I've considered the use of Starmie as an alternate Rapid Spinner, plus it's a check to water types via Thunderbolt. That said Excadrill is a viable option as well.

Opposing weather teams also make playing with Sandstorm difficult, especially if your weather-inducer faints before your opponent's does. Not only will they have powerful sweepers ready to benefit from the opposing weather, but my Rock and ground type Pokémon will lose to the foes super effective STAB attacks. Rain Dance teams can smash through Tyranitar with high powered Water-type moves, and can then set up Rain Dance without fear to attempt a sweep. Sunny Day teams are less of a threat as one could simply bring in Tyranitar to delay the use of SolarBeam. When playing against such teams, it's best to make smart sacrifices to keep control of the battle. In these situations, it is highly advised to keep Tyranitar weather-Pokémon alive so it can change the weather when desperately needed.

IMPORTABLE TEAM:

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Swords Dance

Dustdevil (Tyranitar) (M) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Tremors (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Silverwing (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Dripdrop @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Psychic

Airforce (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

REPLAYS:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-376965800
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-376945325
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-376948654

RECENT CHANGES:

Manaphy Over Volcanion
(AV Volcanion Details)
These Pokemon perform very well in breaking through Stall Teams. That said, Manaphy gains the upper hand as it boasts the advantage acting as a status absorber and Stall Breaker. TG Rain Dance Manaphy is also the superior stall breaker IMO due it's ability to KO the likes of Gastrodon and Quagsire via Energy Ball. Manaphy doesn't necessarily need to run Psychic as the poison types are easily handled by Latios.

Naive Nature

EVs: 172 Atk / 156 SpA / 180 Spe
Rash Nature

Naive Nature Over Rash Nature
The change from a Rash Nature into a Naive Nature allows Garchomp to out speed base 100 Pokemon such as Gardevoir and Charizard X/Y. Whilst this benefits Mega Garchomp on the turn it mega evolves, the reduction is power is noticeable. However that said, a Naive Natured Mega Garchomp still performs well as a Wall Breaker, so the changes are worth it.

Last edited:
"Mix Mega Garchomp acts as a fantastic wall breaker for sand teams as it boasts powerful coverage moves in Fire Blast and Draco Meteor. With this is can weaken and even KO most walls that plagues Sand teams e.g. Landorus-T and Skarmory, this of course paves the way for Excadrill to sweep with ease. The perk of being a mixed set allows Mega Garchomp to stall break to some extent. Mega Garchomp forms a great core with Tyranitar and Excadrill."

Draco Meteor isn't a coverage move. might want to fix that. Also, defog togekiss isn't a very good set with it's SR weakness anyways, so I dont think that's a particularly good example.

On latios, I would drop psy shock for t-bolt and run roost + defog instead.

And uh. Special defensive is actuallly fairly standard bro. it's the first set on smogon dex.

Tbh, I dont think AV Volcanion is all that viable. You listed 8 evs in defence on volcanion then 8 in spdef in the calcs. might want to fix that. I dont really see any competent player leaving a gard in against volcanion. Manetric can volt switch out, and kills aftet a bit of prior damage and rocks anyways. Manaphy is rarely going to be at 0+ sptattack if you are switching in. Tail glow and calm mind means volcanion really cant check it well. Also, you mentioned volcanion as a rain check, however, swampert okoes you after SR, and it's one of the main rain sweepers.

252+ Atk Mega Swampert Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Volcanion: 342-404 (93.9 - 110.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

that's it for now. Decent team I guess. more later maybe.

Anime_Fan nice team , the idea of sand offense + Mega Chomp isn't widely accepted as the best , but it has proven to be really good. The team is really balanced , looks like you chooses just the right mons for your build. I think Sd on Excadrill let's you late game sweep also then u can run Defog on Latios.

The idea of Assault Vest Volcanion isn't bad at all , its something which worth a try but I find this Volcanion Kinda useless in this team , as Skarmory walls almost all fairies , Latios deals with Zard Y , so maybe Specs Volcanion or any other variant gonna be better in this team.

The team decently good , so that's what I think. Good luck with your team.

Anime_Fan nice team , the idea of sand offense + Mega Chomp isn't widely accepted as the best , but it has proven to be really good. The team is really balanced , looks like you chooses just the right mons for your build. I think Sd on Excadrill let's you late game sweep also then u can run Defog on Latios.

The idea of Assault Vest Volcanion isn't bad at all , its something which worth a try but I find this Volcanion Kinda useless in this team , as Skarmory walls almost all fairies , Latios deals with Zard Y , so maybe Specs Volcanion or any other variant gonna be better in this team.

The team decently good , so that's what I think. Good luck with your team.
Thanks a lot Tushar Cool, my apologies about earlier. By the way, you raised a very good point about my AV Volcanion not being very useful on the team. I suppose I was paranoid about stall and rain teams so I needed something to stop them ASAP lol. In any case, Life Orb and Choice Spec just maybe the solution I was looking for. I'll edit the team as soon as I can when I get back, until then TC man. Thanks again for your help :)

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hello, I like the idea of using mega Garchomp paired with sand, this pokemon has great ability to wallbreaking, and many teams are not prepared for this type of build, however, having had a look at the team's weaknesses, known to some difficulties to deal with Bulky waters, as mega slowbro, regular cm slowbro, Manaphy ,These can very easily increase their statistics in front of your pokemon, this happens because your lack of an offensive presence to these threats that forces them to retreat, your Volcanion did not very well check, because it is weak to the rocks, and has no recovery, this factor is very important to control them; Your team also struggling against many defensive core Msableye+Mola or Chansey+Skarm , and your only stallbreaker / Wallbreaker to beat these is MGarchomp, which being pressured by Band Weavile, very common Pursuit trapper on stall builds now; Finally, I think a few sets should be optimized, my rate will attempt to make these threats I mentioned much more easy to deal with, and I hope to make this even more competitive team.

>

first of all, I think AV Volcanion is not a good choice, also its slowness makes it easy targets for DD Landorus, which can boost later changed to delete the entire team, also as I mentioned above, I do not check very well the bulky waters, indeed becomes a setup-fodder for these, so to remedy this lack of bulky water check and check lando, I suggest using
TG RD manaphy over AV volcanion, manaphy does a fantastic job against defensive core, because it has a wide coverage, and Tail glow, allowing him to reach a huge power, making its much faster and easier wallbreaking, its speed base (100) gives you the opportunity to have some sort of "reserve weapon" against mega Cham, including having Rain dance, manaphy is a great stallbreker / balance breaker, which absorbs status moves, and help your team against other sand teams; Another good option would be to use HP Fire over Rain dance, this choice may be helpful against Ferrothorn, especially when Garchomp has been weakened previously.

After that, I note that the spread of Garchomp needs to be optimized, I would suggest using this spread:
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe, This spread allows MGarchomp to hit most hard Skarmory, Landorus and Quagsire, and this change does not make you lose stallbreaking power, since we have added Manaphy to the team; also i'd like to add on options for the 4th slot Swords dance, This option can compensate for the loss of physical attack due to the spread change.

Finally, I would suggest two changes to Excadrill and Tyranitar, suggest you use
rapid spin over Rock slide, saw the lack of hazard remove, I also preferred to remove Rock slide, saw that you had already S.Ege MChomp, Tyranitar and Skarmory as Bird checks, also i'd suggest using a Jolly nature , it can be useful to deal with others sand rush Excadrill; Instead, talking about Tyanitar, suggest using Chople berry over smooth rock, you don't really need to engthen the sand, since you have another stallbreaker the team, Chople berry helps against your bad match up with LO Tornadus-Therian, Gengar and Mzam, that copying sand rush can overcome Excadrill, and have chance to beat him using Focus Blast.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance / Hidden power Fire
- Energy Ball
- Scald

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge / Swords Dance

That's all, hope i've help and GL with the team :toast:

hello, I like the idea of using mega Garchomp paired with sand, this pokemon has great ability to wallbreaking, and many teams are not prepared for this type of build, however, having had a look at the team's weaknesses, known to some difficulties to deal with Bulky waters, as mega slowbro, regular cm slowbro, Manaphy ,These can very easily increase their statistics in front of your pokemon, this happens because your lack of an offensive presence to these threats that forces them to retreat, your Volcanion did not very well check, because it is weak to the rocks, and has no recovery, this factor is very important to control them; Your team also struggling against many defensive core Msableye+Mola or Chansey+Skarm , and your only stallbreaker / Wallbreaker to beat these is MGarchomp, which being pressured by Band Weavile, very common Pursuit trapper on stall builds now; Finally, I think a few sets should be optimized, my rate will attempt to make these threats I mentioned much more easy to deal with, and I hope to make this even more competitive team.
>

first of all, I think AV Volcanion is not a good choice, also its slowness makes it easy targets for DD Landorus, which can boost later changed to delete the entire team, also as I mentioned above, I do not check very well the bulky waters, indeed becomes a setup-fodder for these, so to remedy this lack of bulky water check and check lando, I suggest using
TG RD manaphy over AV volcanion, manaphy does a fantastic job against defensive core, because it has a wide coverage, and Tail glow, allowing him to reach a huge power, making its much faster and easier wallbreaking, its speed base (100) gives you the opportunity to have some sort of "reserve weapon" against mega Cham, including having Rain dance, manaphy is a great stallbreker / balance breaker, which absorbs status moves, and help your team against other sand teams; Another good option would be to use HP Fire over Rain dance, this choice may be helpful against Ferrothorn, especially when Garchomp has been weakened previously.

After that, I note that the spread of Garchomp needs to be optimized, I would suggest using this spread:
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe, This spread allows MGarchomp to hit most hard Skarmory, Landorus and Quagsire, and this change does not make you lose stallbreaking power, since we have added Manaphy to the team; also i'd like to add on options for the 4th slot Swords dance, This option can compensate for the loss of physical attack due to the spread change.

Finally, I would suggest two changes to Excadrill and Tyranitar, suggest you use
rapid spin over Rock slide, saw the lack of hazard remove, I also preferred to remove Rock slide, saw that you had already S.Ege MChomp, Tyranitar and Skarmory as Bird checks, also i'd suggest using a Jolly nature , it can be useful to deal with others sand rush Excadrill; Instead, talking about Tyanitar, suggest using Chople berry over smooth rock, you don't really need to engthen the sand, since you have another stallbreaker the team, Chople berry helps against your bad match up with LO Tornadus-Therian, Gengar and Mzam, that copying sand rush can overcome Excadrill, and have chance to beat him using Focus Blast.
Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance / Hidden power Fire
- Energy Ball
- Scald

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge / Swords Dance

That's all, hope
I've help and GL with the team :toast:
WOW! These are some great suggestions, so detailed and yet so precise. Thanks very much for your help and I appreciate the effort you put into helping me out.

• TG Rain Dance Manaphy is an excellent recommendation as it is ideal candidate for stall breaking. It beats most of the irritating Pokemon used on Stall teams e.g. Quagsire and Gastrodon via Energy Ball.
  • And yes, the added speed boost may also benefit Mega Garchomp as the need for wall breaking isn't a necessity any longer thanks to TG Manaphy.
  • As for Excadrill, I suppose Rock Slide isn't as important any more because Iron Head hits most of the targets Rock Slide covers. And the ones that Iron Head fails to cover/KO, such as Rotom W and Thunderus, these Pokemon are stopped by Latios. Great suggestions man, much appreciated. Thanks again.
PS: I think I'll edit the thread according to your suggestions when I have the time. Plus I'll test out the team as well. TC, Rain Dance Manaphy accomplishes so much for my team LOL. Thank you, thanks for the help Eutychios. TC :)

Reactions: Sun
Well maybe you can try SD 3 attacks Mega chomp because it gives you one more cleaner and can wall break and stall break the same way that mixed one does.
Garchomp @ Garchompite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

You may not realize but after 1 SD max attack Garchomp can be a better Wallbreaker than Mixed chomp.

Well maybe you can try SD 3 attacks Mega chomp because it gives you one more cleaner and can wall break and stall break the same way that mixed one does.
Garchomp @ Garchompite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

You may not realize but after 1 SD max attack Garchomp can be a better Wallbreaker than Mixed chomp.
LOL ikr? And yes, I'd thought about that too. SD Mega Garchomp is definitely a threat and its wall breaking prowess is probably superior to that of a mixed set TBH.
Buuut I personally prefer running the mixed set, cus spamming Draco Meteor when the foe least expects it ~leaves me ROFL x3

Thanks for your help again man, much appreciated TC .

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)