SM OU (1300) My Best OU Team to Date!

Hiya! I’m garch, a new player of some sorts. I’ve recently dived back into the OU meta game and I’ve had some teams, some success, some failure. Before this team, I was at 1150, but after I played with this team, I am now 1300+. Here is the team!

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian is honestly such a good Pokemon to have in this team for a couple of reasons actually. For one, it is a very good lead, and even if the opponent’s lead counters this mon it can still chip off a chunk. I run S-Rock on it because It guaruntees hazards for the opponent to deal with. It is also such a heavy hitter, which is good, so I don’t have to worry about not doing as much as i would like to do. (Also Intimidate is such a good opponent for a lead pokemon to have)

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Magearna is a beast in this team, as it walls the Major weakness to this team: Ice.
With Calm Mind + Soul Heart, it creates havoc because no every Pokemon is safe around it. The only real major walls it has is Ferrothorn, but it doesn’t do much damage to a Magearna. With a few calm mind (2 or 3) and maybe a soul heart boost and this thing is killing your Pokemon one by one.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-Wash is an excellent Pokemon, with only 1 weakness, being grass. Since this is the case, it walls pokemon like Lando T, Garchomp, Blacephalon, Greninja, and other sweepers you would have trouble with without this mon. This pokemon is a good staller, with pain split and wil-o-wisp. I just love Rotom-Wash for it’s versatility of being a wall and doing damage.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

As I presume, you found out that Garchomp / it’s family is my favorite Pokemon of all time. But that is not the reason I put in on this team. I was originally going to put Kyurem-Black on this team with scarf, to ensure that I’d out-speed more Pokemon. But I realized the I didn’t like the way it fit in with the rest of the team. I switched it to Chomp, and boy it was much better. I immediately started winning consistently again and chomp was the reason. With a S-dance it basically sweeps the team in front of you, and if it dues, there’d be 2 more Pokemon in your way. I love Garchomp in this team.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Boy, how I love this Medicham. It‘s so good!! I was recommended Lopunny by some people who play showdown at my school, but I didn’t like the sound of M-Lopunny. I put M-Medicham in this team because it fit the way I’d be going. Some moves like psycho cut and ice punch were left out and you could run these moves too. Also, I never used Mega Medicham in my life so it was really interesting.

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 32 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Volt Switch
- Light Screen
- Defog

Koko is suicidal in this team. I setup the screen, defog for hazards and either half it’s HP or switch out. Simple. I could run different support but Koko works fone in this team. Reflect would also work in this team but honestly Koko is fine in this team. Koko is a threat against any special attacker, with it Light Screen. A good mon, nonetheless.

If you have any suggestions four this team, **please** let me know. I’m trying to become a better player. All feedback is welcome! Thank you for your time .

PsyducksChili

Banned deucer.
psplit > flash cannon on magearna for stall mu
ice punch > bp on medi
scrap the chomp moves, run eq, fire blast, toxic, sr
the moves on koko shud be hp ice, tbolt, defog, u turn or volt switch, also pls tell me what the spread does
run explosion or stone edge on lando over sr, since you literally have a chomp, having rocks on a scarfer is never a good idea.
i’d run a pinch berry on rotom but thats just personal preferences tbh, lefties works too

ice punch > bp on medi
the moves on koko shud be hp ice, tbolt, defog, u turn or volt switch, also pls tell me what the spread does
run explosion or stone edge on lando over sr, since you literally have a chomp, having rocks on a scarfer is never a good idea.
i’d run a pinch berry on roto
ice punch > bp on medi
i’d run a pinch berry on rotom but thats just personal preferences tbh, lefties works too
Ok, I’ll test this out, thank you!

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 32 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Volt Switch
- Light Screen
- Defog
This is some unholy next level stuff
A Shuca Koko that wins against Lando without HP Ice so that it loses to Lando.
Run HP Ice over Screens and T-Bolt over Madness

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)