13p Matrix 14 (No Multiball) Game Thread [GAME OVER]

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some brief discord comments for posterity

Hal

I’ll talk a bit about scumplay
Day 1 our options were clarinet dusk and jalmont for lynches...we decided to be on the minority wagon so that we’d look better. Think Texas and I pocketed dusk here which was a big win because tommy has a big loud beautiful voice
Night 1 we were choosing between NK dusk or DS. Went with DS because dusk was pocketed and Texas was scared of DS’ reads, so he seemed like the more immediate problem
Day 2 the PLAN was to lynch fenrir then bus m2h on day 3...eventually that didn’t work out because people were suspecting m2h. M2h getting lynched by town with watcher still alive probably would’ve just killed the game for us. So we had m2h claim. Because he wasn’t CC’d we were able to get a good lynch on jalmont who correctly called out 2/3 of our team. So that was a big important win as well
Night 2 we realized that I fucked up. By having m2h vote tbz (and to a lesser extent fenrir), we were clearing those two players. So we had to NK tbz because he was a vote against m2h in the cross and he also probably gets locked town after m2h flips town.
Also tbz scumread texas. Honestly it’s hilarious how many people who died early scumread Texas. If you scumread Texas, we pushed you or NKd you basically.
We also roleblocked Texas because we didn’t have a use for the RB that night
We knew dusk was watcher that night because it was either dusk or fenrir and I had a PR read on dusk. We didn’t need to RB him since m2h was doing the kill
Day 3 was the cross. Texas and I planned to bus M2h. We set up Hannah/heal scumreads pretty well on this day for the future off this cross. Think we got a lot out of m2h’s death. Set up a lot of good associations. Tommy townlocked both remaining scum which was important
Day 4, Texas wanted to townlock Hannah. I thought Hannah was lynchable day 4 but not after that. So I parked a vote on Hannah. Not gonna lie, no idea how this lynch got through, it was like 2-2? And bluedoom even said that he didn’t like the lynch anymore. And Hannah wasn’t even crossing onto the other guy
We killed moody because he was the only one who seemed like he’d have the ability to organize town in lylo. This seems correct in hindsight as well. You can have good reads and good votes but you have to be able to find your teammates

Me

There was also a point where there was some questionable game state near the end of day 2 and people were starting to connect dots between m2h and me and hal
And so my push to shift the lynch off jalmont was purely distraction to cause confusion and stop people from thinking too deeply
Also Moody re: your Texas is not even trying comment, that was intentional at day 4
I needed a way to justify being alive in 5p and 3p lylo so I started low posting
Tried to make it look like I wasn't paying attention
So it would be reasonable that a scum team would take me to the end and misdirect

Scumchat quotes

M2H: how can I ensure that I don't die tomorrow
Texas: don't be scummy
M2H: thanks

Texas: i'm tempted to post "ha ha im just a townie"
which is a direct scum claim
but only like three people would know

M2H: tfw when all three scum vote in unison, and a pure town wagon mislynches somebody instead

M2H: im just impressed how hal gets lock towned for doing nothing

Texas: Protip: 90% of scum play is not shooting yourself in the foot

Quoting Hannah: "I do, however, wanna point out that a town core of Me/Hal/M2H/Texas/tommy is incredibly OP and feels unlikely but I also know that, statistically speaking, none of us being town has any input over the chances the other are town so shrug"

Texas: im not sure if mislynching dusk is actually correct even if we can do it

Texas: @hal I think I town core energy?
Hannah and heal are making themselves lynchable, we're NKing moody, heal is looping in bluedoom as lynchable
I think I just respond to energy saying he'd never crossvote me as scum and say "hm this is actually true"
Hal: And then what
Idk if you can pocket energy
And if you can’t pocket energy, then you unvoting makes things awkward
Texas: Too late we going with it

Hal: I’m not having sex right now
But I am still working!
So I guess in a way I am also getting fucked

you killed it at the end dude. felt bad for you there.

honestly i don't think there's was really much you could have done there. maybe timezones would've worked out and you and bluedoom could've had a heart to heart but even that it eh. i'm thinking about some stuff the previous day that probably cost you the most but as far as the last day goes, what can you do :/

i hope you're ok after getting jumped man, take care of yourself both physically and mentally.
pretty sure the play there is to cross 100% because no matter what both scum would have had votes (me, texas, hal) 2/3 had to be scum pretty sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)