Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it doesn't matter, only sweats go for good elo

• Not everything but is something

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm making a rmt with two teams but they're both similar in build and play style so I figured I just put them together. Both teams were inspired from one team I made the previous generation which was "scumbag sand" that utilized sand+hazards to overwhelm the opposition. Hazards+sand/hail has been a deadly combination since it was allowed as the infamous "superman" team all the way back in generation 3 was built around this strategy. The consistent damage that is done in each turn is something that you can't really replace with anything else. For both teams I will be using Toxapex as it's completely unfair and broken as a regenerator toxic spikes pokemon with insane bulk and reliable recovery, a perfect fit for both sand and hail. To keep hazard control on your end I also made sure both teams have both rapid spin and defog so you don't normally lose a hazard war. Weather setters are also needed as you want to get as much damage off as possible. This strategy is best with lots of bulky pokemon who can take hits, pivot, and provide solid utility. Now lets view both teams.

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry

Ninetales-Alola @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Hypnosis
- Moonblast

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 60 HP / 196 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- Foul Play

For this team the main goal is to utterly abuse specs Kyurem's ability to have no real wall out there. Specs blizzard hits insanely hard and can 2hko Corviknight every time it attacks, being the premiere defog user. Other pokemon common in defensive cores get shredded by freeze dry, earth power, and draco meteor. With win conditions being littered around the team like SD Excadrill, toxic spikes+hail, and calm mind Clefable, you'll have many ways to win every game. Mandibuzz, Toxapex, and Clefable make up the main defensive trio as it checks a large portion of the meta. Excadrill is there for rapid spin, ground type, steel type, and a last resort pivot into annoying attackers like Dragapult, Tyranitar, and many others. Ninetales is there for hail, veil, and hypnosis to cripple annoying pokemon. Ninetales also acts as a revenge killer among the likes of Keldeo, Terrakion, Hydreigon, and others who are slower.

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 248 HP / 128 SpD / 132 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
Fun fact: This can eat Conk's mach punch from full even if guts boosted.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Transform

This team's main goal is to force set-up from the opposition, lay down hazards, and make a free way for Excadrill to clean up if needed. The walls here are Toxapex, Ferrothorn, and Hippowdon. They're also a deadly hazard core that dates back to last generation with the longevity and annoyance that every pokemon can pull off. You can win off the back of Ditto, Excadrill, or hazard stacking as the main way to win against someone. Excadrill acts as a check to certain pokemon, rapid spin, revenge killer, and win condition all in one as the main star of the team. Dugtrio is there mainly to trap annoyances to your strategy but you can replace Dugtrio with someone else if you really want but taking out all annoyances is super good for this team like Kyurem, Excadrill, and Cinderace.

For both teams they have a rough matchup against trick Clefable and Life Orb Clefable, although the most common set is wish+teleport so that's a good sign for this team. Both teams also struggle against Dracovish, although not impossible. Overall both teams can win any game given proper play, enjoy both of these teams.

Pokepaste
Scummy Hail
https://pokepast.es/f122c5806ca98a35
Scummy Sand
https://pokepast.es/588f80dfaecc1adf

proof of 1900+
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1074388153
Looks like the hail replay can't be found but this should do

1D5F04E9-4F42-49FA-8D95-F7C9992520AB.png

Hi, I'm locking this because you can only post one team for an RMT. I recommend you share this in the OU bazaar if you wish to post multiple teams. The forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon also, which you have failed to do. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Reactions: TPP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)