SS OU 1st competitive team ever(literally)

So.... as title suggests im like 1 month old at competitive pokemon, since I bought SS I said to myself "why not try this competitive thing" and started devouring this web's forum. This is the result of that month, I have to make something clear before: this team was made surronding Toxitricity and Gallade because they are cool.

toxtricity.gif

Toxtricity @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Punch
- Overdrive
- Sludge Bomb

The core of the team, he is cool and hits with Sp attacks like a truck if he can, huge problem that "can". He is quite squishy and has low hp so that's why the berry is there. I also thought of putting assault vest so he can survive the special attackers.

ferrothorn.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

SpD tank. Basically looked at what are good walls and this boy popped up. I've tried it and if it sets up he will stay there forever. The main concern I have is the huge setup time this thing has (Leech Seed->Spikes->Stealth Rock).

gallade.gif

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Also a cool pokemon for me and since I needed a physical wallbreaker, why not? 2 STAB's (I dont even really know what it means) in Close Combat and Zen Headbutt and Knock Off for those pesky Leftovers/Eviolite.

corviknight.gif

Corviknight @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Defog
- Drill Peck
- Roost

He is a bruiser that can defog and maybe get someone in the process. Maranga Berry for the big hit that could take him down and Drill Peck because I need a flying move (I'm also thinking of Body Press).

seismitoad.gif

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Physical tank with the coverage I needed (also he looks cool). Stealth Rock for setups and Toxic for that cheap damage, Earthquake to try and soft the Ferrothorn and Toxapex and Scald for the Water coverage and if it burns thats a ++ to get in my Toxitricity or Gallade in for the kill.

dragapult.gif

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

When I was searching I saw the term Revenge Killer, so my idea with this pokemon is that. Choice Specs so it hits like a truck, I've also considered Choice Scarf but since this pokemon is already one of the fastest I didn't commit to that line. He also has insane coverage so thats also a huge plus.

TL:DR. The noobiest of them all chose 2 cool but not SSS pokemon (Toxitricity and Gallade) and smashed the rest to form this team. Any feedback is appreciated, not only about the team but also about terms I've used and fighting strategy tips.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)