Project 1v1 Community Create-A-Team - Hiatus

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Voting for the first Pokémon is closed!
~
:ss/ninetales-alola:
DEG's Encore + Disable Ninetales-Alola has won the vote! Congrats!!
Screenshot_20211108-000013_Chrome.jpg
~
(Ninetales-Alola) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Disable
- Encore
- Moonblast
~
Suggestions for a partner for Ninetales-A are now open until Thursday the 11th at 11am (-6)

Last edited:
:ss/volcanion:
Volcanion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 88 HP / 92 Def / 136 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Wave
- Earthquake

Ninetales-A is weak to Steel-, and Fire-type Pokemon, plus it suffers against the likes of Primarina. Volcanion is a great 2nd as it can take care of these threats such as Celesteela, Metagross, Heatran, Entei, while Ninetales-A covers Dragon types. They share a weakness in Magnezone, Togekiss, and Zeraora but that can be fixed (I think).

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 208 HP / 76 Def / 8 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Overheat
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt

Heatran can beat many threats to Ninetales-Alola, including most steels, fairies outside of Primarina, and pokemon like Glastrier and Volcarona. Rock Tomb + Taunt lets you beat all Volcarona sets and Rock Tomb + Overheat beats Magnezone, Avalugg, and Aggron safely. Zeraora, Primarina, and Volcanion are notable mons this core will struggle with, however there are certain ground types I have in mind to cover these.

Zygarde @ Assault Vest
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Atk / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Skitter Smack
- Extreme Speed
- Breaking Swipe

Zygarde deals with Volcanion, opposing Heatrans, Zeraora, and most primarina sets (absurd) for the team. Thousand Arrows spam into espeed can beat custap and wacan prim, and has really favorable odds vs. sitrus. The Sp.d allows you to live modest specs Draco Meteor from Naganadel and the attack investment gives you the best rolls possible vs. sitrus Primarina. This set does lose to specs primarina, however ninetales deals with that beautifully with veil into disable.

Itchy

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
1v1CCAT.png

:conkeldurr: The nominations for the third Pokémon for this cycle are closed :conkeldurr:
~
:ss/zygarde:
Instead of putting this to a vote, I will be making an executive decision to exclude 4 attacks Life Orb Zeraora from voting because the set was not given a detailed explanation. As such, torterraxx wins this round of nominations with their AV Zygarde.
~
Current team: :ninetales-alola: :heatran: :zygarde:
~
Nominations for changes are open until 11 am -6 on Thursday the 18th, and the team will be finalized asap after
Sorry about the delay!​

After looking at the team I realized this hard loses to scarf Darm-G. Unfortunately, there really isn't any modification we can do here with the given mons to avoid this reliably imo. Not sure if we can do this or not, but I would switch out my heatran for deg's volcanion set with fling over Earthquake for mirror coat Avalugg. The volcanion would need some additional bulk to reliably beat scarf Darm but I believe it is possible. Zygarde covers Magnezone, Volcanion, and Zeraora so Heatran is really outclassed on this team by Volcanion. Running iron tail over breaking swipe on the Zygarde would then give us a better togekiss matchup.

Last edited:

Itchy

1v1CCAT.png

Hi, everybody, long time no see- Sorry about the delay, but there are some adjustments to the team we've built over the past 2 weeks!
:conkeldurr: Let's get building! :conkeldurr:
~

:ss/volcanion:
After looking at the team I realized this hard loses to scarf Darm-G. Unfortunately, there really isn't any modification we can do here with the given mons to avoid this reliably imo. Not sure if we can do this or not, but I would switch out my heatran for deg's volcanion set with fling over Earthquake for mirror coat Avalugg. The volcanion would need some additional bulk to reliably beat scarf Darm but I believe it is possible.
Yep! This is allowed, we just haven't used this rule a whole lot over the course of this project. This looks good to me!
Code:
THE deg is always right (Volcanion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 144 HP / 152 Def / 20 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Wave
- Fling
~

:ss/zygarde-complete:
Running iron tail over breaking swipe on the Zygarde would then give us a better togekiss matchup.
Sure, we can do this too!
Code:
Zygarde @ Assault Vest
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Atk / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Skitter Smack
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail
~

:ss/Ninetales-Alola:
DEG also suggested a different Ninetales-A in PMs, so we don't lose to Necro or Band Aggron >~<
Code:
Ninetales-Alola @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Disable
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
~

:Ninetales-Alola: :volcanion: :zygarde:
With that, the final team can be seen by clicking the sprites above!
~
One final announcement, while I have your attention is that CCAT will be going on hiatus. It's been fun, and I've enjoyed hosting with 413X, but the community (and your hosts) are a bit burnt out with the project. We may come back to revive this project at somepoint, but both me and my cohost are busy for quite a while. To all of you that have helped make this project great, thank you!!! Whether that was submitting a set, voting, or suggesting edits, we appreciate that you supported CCAT.
~
This is (hopefully) not a farewell, just a see you later!​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)