Project 1v1 Core Laddering Challenge [Challenge #5; Deadline January 23]

Finally jr.2.PNG
idk..PNG
If you see the second spoiler you will see I have 1499 elo, but when I check both ladder and The PS User thing, it shows as 1501. (The First Spoiler) So, does it count as Silver?

Sin título.png

I like this thread and the idea its around. I would suggest u to add some rules about posting, for example:
Only one post by person and cycle, this post will be edited every time the person wants. With this we will avoid long threads with many one liner or one image posts

First we put in as.... then edit when reaching the first medal and so on. What do you think? Gz for the good response this thread is having

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
If you see the second spoiler you will see I have 1499 elo, but when I check both ladder and The PS User thing, it shows as 1501. (The First Spoiler) So, does it count as Silver?
You could've simply taken a screenshot of those, but I've verified it so it counts

Sin título.png

I like this thread and the idea its around. I would suggest u to add some rules about posting, for example:

Only one post by person and cycle, this post will be edited every time the person wants. With this we will avoid long threads with many one liner or one image posts

First we put in as.... then edit when reaching the first medal and so on. What do you think? Gz for the good response this thread is having
I didn't think we needed guidelines but the popularity went way out of control. I'll probably end up updating things for the second challenge

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Figured I might drop some suggestions for future cycles since that's also something we can do

:ss/xurkitree:
This mon is barely UR in my opinion and I've always found it interesting. You have a fair few options with Choice, Custap, Charge LO etc and is just generally a cool mon with fun options that barely doesn't do enough. Should be an interesting challenge that isn't complete trash like Tangrowth but also not free like Necrozma.

:ss/Klefki:
Similar to Xurk this mon is just barely UR. It has a pretty unique typing, cool options, and has even seen the occasional tour usage. It gets held back by mediocre at best stats and just overall being super passive but that's what makes it challenging.

:ss/tornadus:
The worst of the goon squad, Torn seems pretty cool on paper. Access to Prankster like Klefki and cool moves like Nasty Plot make it seem alright. Unfortunately it just doesn't quite have what it takes but that's ok. Seems fun to ladder with I don't know.

:ss/pelipper:
This one isn't quite as interesting as the others but it's still cool. Pelipper is a mon with the occasional tour usage and decent coverage for choice sets. Wouldn't be the most interesting to build with, but it's an actually solid mon and would make for a fun challenge in my opinion.

:ss/cramorant:
I've been wanting to use this mon ever since it got nommed for the VR. It's probably not good, but the Custap set looks so quirky that it seems perfect for this kind of challenge. You have a fan favorite mon with a Unique ability giving it cool options. I think Cram would be great for this.

I have other suggestions but I didn't want to steal them all. S/o's to those of you in the room for spamming suggestions and please suggest them too I loved some of them.

(More) Suggestions

:ss/Scolipede:
Quirky poison type with speed boost, and can either go offensive with swords dance or sub toxic stall.

:ss/Gengar:
Another cool poison type that can either be offensive or budget aromatisse. It can also finesse sturdies with skill swap and is overall fun and customizable.

:ss/Slowbro:
Oblivious for taunt is kind of cool and can run setup/specs/resist berries/trick and has counter as well.

413X Suggestions +tang gold

:ss/hydreigon:

100 sets including resist berry, scarf, specs etc+dfs meta blah blah blah(best+most fun of the bunch by far)

:ss/silvally:
Will get clicked+ fun asf to build with
Sanshokuinsumireko we on the same wavelenght

:ss/bewear:
conversation abt this happened in setbuilder channel and it seems fire with quite a bit of set variability

:ss/stakataka:
forgotten mon after gene meta, cool-ass sets r possible+ not bad to build with

+tang gold
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1438653165-2rull1ho26swmedgsqo0uq4jgot13cbpw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)