Other Metagames 1v1 Fairy dragon steel core, looking for insight or possible changes

:ss/sylveon:
Sylveon:
Sylveon @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 8 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Yawn
- Protect
- Fake Tears
- Hyper Voice

This sylveon set is one of my favourites to run, and from my experience is typically the best option against most teams and provides the largest support for the team. The max hp and 188 defense with bold nature allows sylveon to survive a jolly choice band darmanitan-galar icicle crash and from there yawn it and hope for sleep turns. Sleep from my experience is very powerful, especially with fake tears and hyper voice allowing for easy kills. Fake tears has allowed it to beat a jirachi set with iron defence and amnesia that I ran into which feels unconventional as a jirachi but it worked. I only like hyper voice over hyper beam for sturdy mons, and the babiri berry works very well against them, since a lot are either steel types or carry steel coverage like avalugg, steelix, possibly crustle, etc. The speed is to outspeed corviknight with no investment by 1 point, and the remainder went to special attack just for a few extra points of attack.

:ss/dragapult:
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

Dragapult is the teams hard hitting turn one special attacker. It doesn't require the sleep set up that sylveon does and also doesn't need to drop sp. def. I very recently changed it to modest since I found arcanine living draco and killing with outrage. Hydro pump is an option, but I have found that the coverage I have gives the best results against standard teams. Aside from trying to speed tie other dragapult, I found that timid doesn't help at all, since zeraora outspeeds anyway, and that is from my experience the biggest threat by far to this team.

:ss/excadrill:
Excadrill @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break

I feel like excadrill is underwhelming on this team, but also feels extremely necessary because of the other two that I feel more comfortable with in 1v1. The other two need luck with no flinches to beat jirachi, the biggest threat in the tier imo. Excadrill with choice band can ohko jirachi and easily is able to take fire punch naturally and multiple iron heads. Mimikyu is also covered well by this, since sylveon needs to predict the set to win because sub can avoid yawn, but attacking immediately can lead to death vs. banded, but excadrill can just attack with mold breaker. I just feel like with choice band it's too slow, not outspeeding zeraora, dragapult, etc. while choice scarf is too weak compared to how well banded is able to rip through things it can hit such as one shotting no or some bulk sawk with mold breaker, two hit ko'ing avalugg so only one flinch is needed, etc.

I've been using this team on one alt as my primary for mimikyu test reqs, and have been close but lost to hax or the team not being able to handle certain things such as zeraora without 3 turn sleeps, so I'm making secondary alts but feel like this team should work in theory so I want to try and stick with it. I'm mainly looking to see if something can be changed with the way it's set up to work better in the current metagame, or if the team works well enough just needs better predictions on what they will send out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)