Status
Not open for further replies.
Kannon said:
EDIT: bluh, taken so I'll issue my own 1v1 here
0 recovers/5 chills
2 day dq
arena: distortion world, ref can expand on the specifics
Frosty said:
While I am at it, I may as well take this challenge.

Switch: lolipop
One Ability
No Items
Kannon - Frosty - p3 - Frosty - Kannon - p3 - Kannon
etc

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/125.png
Nature: Lonely (+1 * Attack, -1 * Def, )
Type: Electric
Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.
Abilities:
Static: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this Pokemon.
Vital Spirit (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: **** (+)
Def: ** (-)
SpA: ***
SpD: ***
Spe: 105

EC: 8/9
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Quick Attack (*)
Leer (*)
Thunderpunch (*)
Thundershock (*)
Low Kick (*)
Swift (*)
Shock Wave (*)
Light Screen (*)
Cross Chop (*)
Meditate (*)
Ice Punch (*)
Hidden Power (Grass, 7) (*)
Protect (*)
Wild Charge (*)
Charge Beam
Screech
Thunder
Teleport
Thunder Wave

http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/133.png
Eevee [Undine] (Female)
Nature: Quiet (Adds * to Special Attack; A 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks)
Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Run Away: (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and can evade any traps in an arena. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to escape from trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.
Adaptability: (Innate) The moves that match this Pokemon’s type deal two (2) more damage.
Anticipation (DW): (Innate) [LOCKED] This Pokemon is better at sensing dangerous attacks, and takes three (3) less damage from super-effective attacks, Selfdestruct, and Explosion.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: **
Def: **
SpA: *** (+)
Spe: 46 (55 x 0.85)

EC: 2/6
MC: 2
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Tackle (*)
Tail Whip (*)
Helping Hand (*)
Sand-attack (*)
Growl (*)
Quick Attack (*)

Yawn (*)
Tickle (*)
Charm (*)

Dig (*)
Swift (*)
Shadow Ball (*)

I was going to write up a story but I will probably be doing enough of that during the battle so I guess I will just say "good luck you guys" !! Try not to make it too rough since this is my first ref :toast:

Also announce which ability you are using along with your actions.

oops

alright, let's get things started with our Vital Spirit!

Start with a cross chop, then screech at the eevee. Finish with another cross chop!
if it tries to dig, then just teleport when the dig attack would hit!

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was camping with no access to the internet so I couldn't post earlier. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I am going with Adaptability.

Since this apparently won't last long, I'll go full offense here.

Swift - Dig - Swift

HP: 100

HP: 90

Kannon and Frosty decide to have a match here in the Distortion World, a place I know nothing about! Supposedly it has weird gravity (just like a moon mockup right Kannon !!) so I'm going with that

Electabuzz starts off by charging slowly at his foe and eventually lands a Cross Chop hitting Undine's weakness for a ton of damage! Undine responds by shooting a bunch of stars, a move somehow known as Swift, hitting Electabuzz perfectly and even doing critical damage! Trying to keep the good luck going, she starts to Dig, and the messed up gravity causes her to get to her foe in record time! Electabuzz just barely has time to Teleport out of the way but still takes about half the hit!

Electabuzz responsds in anger with another Cross Chop, although the huge distance from Teleport and reduced speed from gravity changing yet again causes him to get extremely tired on the way there and only do partial damage! Such bad luck! Undine capitalizes on this by hitting from a safe distance with Swift!

The round ends with gravity being totally random some more! Who knows what might happen next round :toast:

HP: 69
Energy: 80

HP: 60
Energy: 88

Electabuzz's Cross Chop: 20 damage, 7 energy
Undine's Swift: 14 damage [critical], 3 energy

Electabuzz's Teleport: 6 energy
Undine's Dig: 6 damage [halved because of Teleport], 6 energy

Electabuzz's Cross Chop: 10 damage [halved because Distortion World], 7 energy
Undine's Swift: 11 damage, 3 energy

Frosty, you're up!

Frosty

=_=
This is not looking good

at all

anyway, Undine, let's start by using one of your most powerful weapons. Focus all your power and be adorable with Charm. After that use Sand-attack to give Mr. Hax a helping hand. Finalize with Dig.

Charm - Sand-attack - Dig

let's make this more fun, alright?

Cross Chop before the charm, leer at eevee to mess with it, and then evolve once it goes underground (since this battle gives me 9 ec for him).

HP: 69
Energy: 80

HP: 60
Energy: 88

Hooray for unnecessary evolutions.....

Electabuzz starts off with another Cross Chop, again doing a ton of damage! Undine responds by Charming its foe, lowering its attack. In return, Electabuzz... doesn't attack! It instead uses Leer in this battle of stat-dropping, and Undine keeps it going with a Sand-Attack.

Then Electabuzz evolves! Undine uses Dig, hitting the newly evolved pokemon for the same damage it would have beforehand (since this battle started before the 3 star cutoff changed)!

HP: 57
Atk: ****** (+)
Energy: 49
Other: Charm (1 round), Sand Attack (1 round)

HP: 40
Energy: 74
Other: Leer (1 round)

Electabuzz's Cross Chop: 20 damage, 7 energy
Undine's Charm: 5 energy

Electabuzz's Leer: 4 energy
Undine's Sand Attack: 3 energy

Electabuzz evolves: 20 energy
Undine's Dig: 12 damage, 6 energy

Kannon, you're up!

Frosty

=_=
Erm... 6 days has passed. Three times the DQ interval.

Yeah, I want my matches to move along, so I would like to DQ Kannon.

OK? OK.

Yeah, Frosty sent me a PM two days ago asking for Kannon to be disqualified if he didn't post within 24 hours and I haven't been able to get on since then, more than 48 hours later. Sorry about that.

Anyway this match ends in a disqualification

Frosty gets 2 TC
Undine (Eevee) gets 1 MC, 1 DC, and 1 EC

Kannon gets 2 TC
Electabuzz/Electivire gets 1 MC, 1 DC, and 1 EC which was used mid-battle

I get 2 ref counters Oops, thanks Flora, forgot about that. I get 1 ref counter.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You get 1 ref token, actually. It's only matches posted after May 1 that get the +1 ref token bonus thing. Sorry!

(otherwise, i'd be doing that for all my old matches i'm reffing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)