Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
hosted by Rosa and kjdaas
1595445196023.png

art by AmirAlexander

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the SS 1v1 ladder on the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of five, double elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Replays are required.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Finals

XSTATIC COLD vs ggopw

As a reminder, ggopw needs to win 2 BO5s, due to being in the loser bracket, while XSTATIC COLD only needs to win 1.

DEADLINE: July 29th, 11:59 PM GMT-4

If ggopw has million numbers of fan i am one of them . if ggopw has ten fans i am one of them. if ggopw have only one fan and that is me . if ggopw has no fans, that means i am no more on the earth . if world against the ggopw, i am against the world.

Predicts:

XSTATIC COLD vs ggopw (60-40)

ggopw is the better player, imo. The best 1v1 player we've ever had. If this was one series, I'd give it to ggopw. Easily. But note he needs to win two Bo5s against XSTATIC COLD, easily a top 10 player all time and 2nd to him in SS. No one in 1v1LT history has won from losers bracket. Not Synon, not Downcoming3, not even himself when he went up against CP2 in LT2 and I don't think its a stretch to say he was the better player in that situation (no offense to cp2 btw, you're still goated). If anyone can break the streak, its ggopw, but thats still a factor in my prediction. And then there's also the question on each players' motivation levels. XSTATIC COLD is looking to get his first individual trophy, while ggopw has already cemented himself as the god of 1v1 and is building for his WC team, which he'll probably care more about than LT Finals. Of course, if we get tryhard ggopw, he 3-0s both series and only 2015 locked xsc might get one game, but I doubt he'll care that much. Regardless, this match will be a must-watch and I definitely want ggopw to win.

XSTATIC COLD

Banned deucer.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Congratulations to XSTATIC COLD for winning the fourth edition of the 1v1 Ladder Tournament!

And credits to all the qualifiers for competing on the ladder to make it into playoffs!

Kyubits and circuit points shall be issued out to the winner, runner up, and playoffs participants as appropriate.

And thank you to everyone else for tuning in to watch these intense games! I hope you'll all stay tuned for next year's edition of the 1v1 Ladder Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)