plant based3000

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
PL team tierlist based off scary names

1. Mighty Morphin Morpekos
5luke

2. Go-Go Gogoats
If he can crush iron what will he do to me O.O also I don’t want to become downcome especially not 3 times. One of their players is literally immortal wtf. They have a donkey that literally explodes, and a Snyper!

3. Teatime Terrors
Denis’ name literally has menace in it, very scary. Also a Poison Adhesive sounds like a yikes to me. Ninjas are scary and dogs can bite you. Also what is a tater and why can’t we have any?!?

4. Metro Boomin Mega Rays
Endal sounds scary. Sans is spooky cuz he’s a skeleton. Raj.Shoot sounds like he’s gonna shoot his opponents (not fun) also they have a General on their team! Thunder is also frightening.

5. Big Baller Barraskewdas
XSTATIC COLD sounds like ice and electricity which are both harmful. Also I don’t want to get crucified. Also Ferno is like fire which isnt pleasant

6. RPS Rhyperiors
They have Jesus on their team as well as a fox and a corporal

7. Drive-by Dragapults
While the players are scary their names are not (besides TheShadowClaw)

8. Deluxe Dustox
Queg heh

Last edited:

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
As a keen observer of 1v1, my opinion is that DenisTheMenace will go undefeated. 14k for the pool's best player is an absolute steal, and you other managers are gonna be wishing you hit that .14.5 all those weeks back when he unleashes his menacing prowess and carries his team to the top. Not only that, you've paid for the most attractive man in the pool. How do you have both? It's like Juventus buying Ronaldo! (Or Chelsea buying Kante, he's a real babe) The Terrors' "selfies" channel is probably blowing up right now with "oml so handsome", ":hearteyes: THE MENACE" and ":weary: ITALIAN STALLION :flag_it:". Can't wait for Denis to go X-0 and narrate it on Dokkerich's Youtube channel. Fuck it, I might narrate it myself.

Good luck to all teams!! Let's have a good PL!

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello guys welcome to my life as a happy deluxe Dustox player! My main objective for this PL is to win get traded!

My life has been pretty amazing ever since I joined the Dustox! I've been really enjoying my new friends!
Screenshot_20200215_230821.jpg

But, I think that I'm not perfect for such a perfect team so I will try to get traded!

Attempt #1
Screenshot_20200215_231331.jpg

My manager thinks I'm perfect! But I think he's lying! I'll try again later!

Attempt #2
Screenshot_20200215_232200.jpg

Tier list time!
This is just based off of who I think is strong and is pretty unbiased.
Go-go Gogoats. A few proven players but most are very new and few of these team members can build old gens.

Deluxe Dustox. Some strong players but a lack of depth in the roster. Quote will def not play :P

Metro Booming Mega Rays. A lot of players, but not much building capacity.

RPS Rhyperiors. Most variable of the teams. We'll see if they can build and pass teams because a lot of these players have decent results.

Mighty Morphin Morepekos. Solid oldgens, the only issue for them is going to be SS.

Teatime Terrors. Good roster, slight depth issue

Drive-by Dragapults. The best team coming out of the draft. Super experienced OG, only possible issue is the 3rd SS slow

Big Baller Barraskewdas. You already know. We have fire oldgens and a good building core, again the only issue could be a 3rd SS slot.

pazza

Banned deucer.
pl rankings no biased

1. dragapults
this team is undeniably the best team, ggopw,ryy,tsc,scraft.blazikin,187 fan are all really good players. also that dom and toad are helping them, idk how these guys don't get to finals.

2. metro booming rays
this team old gens is super fucking strong, with strong sm of bsu,close,aidan. the ss is kinda lacking in terms of builders but they have enough good players for a full bench and lineup of good players.

3. big baller Barraskewdas
this team is pretty fucking stacked from ss to dpp, strong contender for finals. but i think they will fail because of their managers

4. Teatime Terrors
this team is really good but idk who plays old gens on this team lol, other than OM for oras.

5. deluxe detox
pretty good combo of managers, they're okay in oras, other old gens suck tho. they're ss and sm is alright tho.

6. Mighty Morphin' Morpekos, Go-Go Gogoats , RPS Rhyperiors
these 3 teams are all very similar to me. good managers at their respective tiers but they all have the same dilemma in terms of players, they all had a good starting draft but then it slowly decreased into shit.

pl rankings no biased

1. dragapults
this team is undeniably the best team, ggopw,ryy,tsc,scraft.blazikin,187 fan are all really good players. also that dom and toad are helping them, idk how these guys don't get to finals.

2. metro booming rays
this team old gens is super fucking strong, with strong sm of bsu,close,aidan. the ss is kinda lacking in terms of builders but they have enough good players for a full bench and lineup of good players.

3. big baller Barraskewdas
this team is pretty fucking stacked from ss to dpp, strong contender for finals. but i think they will fail because of their managers

4. Teatime Terrors
this team is really good but idk who plays old gens on this team lol, other than OM for oras.

5. deluxe detox
pretty good combo of managers, they're okay in oras, other old gens suck tho. they're ss and sm is alright tho.

6. Mighty Morphin' Morpekos, Go-Go Gogoats , RPS Rhyperiors
these 3 teams are all very similar to me. good managers at their respective tiers but they all have the same dilemma in terms of players, they all had a good starting draft but then it slowly decreased into shit.
Pazza I didnt think you were old enough to get drunk

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Had some unexpected free time tonight, so thought after watching the draft I would write a long post.

Before reading, remember that I didn't participate in the last PL so I don't know too much about actually being in it and whats its like, nor do I know the history TOO well of some of the players. Furthermore, my main experience was Classic, so my knowledge about current gen and SM players is pretty subpar, and again probably skewed towards personal interactions. What I say is probably skewed towards people that have talked with me or helped me or that I helped etc. But I just wanted to say some stuff about the teams and their players.

1581799959975.png

Teatime Terrors: Stalwarts, Smogtours, and Creativity make for an amazing roster filled with power and potential publicity

In
my opinion, rosa had an absolutely phenomenal draft. Watching the draft live, rosa looked like she knew what she wanted, and was knowledgeable enough on when to back off when things got out of hand in her opinion. Exhibit A being the Synonimous sweepstakes, with Waylaid paying a ton to acquire his good friend and very good 1v1er. Squirtell 1v1 and Elo Bandit is an absolutely ridiculous SM core, assuming both are playing SM. Squirtell is akin to Pikachu in the anime (bear with me I have barely watched it), an extremely reliable battler, and although he usually uses the same stuff over and over again, he gets the job done, and that's all that matters. Having blunder and OM on her team is pretty ridiculous, pairing people who are naturally good at mons with a godlike teambuilder who will mosty likely build for them is a great strategy. Probably both being slotted in BW and DPP, or at least one of them will be BW. Another example is Simbo , who I am pretty sure doesn't build, but is great at 1v1, a perfect fit for rosa, and can play any OG. Poison Adhesive and DenisTheMenace both very solid players, don't know too much about their SS play but I assume that is what they be playin, I know nothing about Ninjadog but he did well in last WC apparently so thats dope for a last pick. Lastly, I am super pumped for Notater r to be on this team. He used to challenge me with random ADV stuff because he wanted to learn and test stuff out. Very creative, willing to learn, and is a great 3k pick. I assume he will fill a much needed multi-functional bench player on a team with a thin roster. Notater will reach a next level after this tour, mark my words. This is my favorite team to win the tour

Predicted lineup?
SSbo7 rosa
SS PA
SS Denis
SM Squirtell
SM Elo Bandito
ORAS Simbo
BW blunderr
DPP OM

Backup: Ninjadog(again, probably will play, but I am just going from knowledge here), Notater

Mighty Morphin Morpekos: Two big faces of 1v1, old gen hidden bosses, and a ragtag group of youngin's form quite the exciting roster

Quite
the cool draft here, first off Alakazam and Boat (phiwings99) playing is already insanely good for a team, as both will be great assets to teammates. First off, I think they also have the stuff of a great team, and that includes a defined old gen core. Whaleeeee is a very good ORAS player from what I've heard, but again don't know much about him. Great pick nonetheless. stableprince569 somehow gets away with some whack stuff, but plays really well and is a very good BW player, something quite rare these days. Dj Breloominati♬ I have no personal experience with, but people have hyped him up to me when I was into DPP, and is probably quite good. Throw in Jamez155 who made it into Classic Finals, also winning the DPP cup, and this team continues to impress, even though James will probably play SM, where he was a constant threat on ladder. TogliBabineBoeuf is another very good player that I can't say much about since I've had no interaction with them, but has been impressive in older tours. An old gens multi-use backup? Starter? I don't know. Easily the most fun part about this team is the 6k and under gang filled with a punch of SS/SM goons. maxy1991991 , playing wise, is pretty solid in SS, even if he is stubborn with his team choices. Cantius for 4k is an absolutely insane steal in my opinion, this guy is super knowledgable on almost all tiers, extremely active, and played the crap out of ladder. You know someone loves 1v1 when they are one of the most active users without being able to talk in chat. Yogi, Smajet and NotFrancy I can't say much about, as I don't know them very well, but are good insurance incase the big hitters cant play. zioziotrip is apparently TDA's apprentice, and we all know TDA picked him so he wouldn't lose to him again. Lastly, but HOLY CRAP definitely not least, mother f'n 5luke is IN THE HOUSE. I am 100% serious when I say that 5luke is the player I am most amped about in this format.

Quick tangent regarding 5luke and styles like it. I am starting to warm up to the idea that what wins in tournament matches is sometimes whack stuff, its the unexpected that wins. Not only does 5luke do that extremely well, but he also has what I will call the 5luke effect, where if you lose to him, you will get memed on to no end, so there is more pressure to win. You guys may think 5luke is easy, but lets be real, even if you can now beat 5luke handedly on the ladder when he uses the same stuff, what if you only get to battle him once. My money might just be on 5luke for a single set battle of wits. Players take note, unorthodox sometimes triumphs orthodox in 1v1. Tours, not ladder, is where I really think 1v1 shines.

Projected lineup?
SSbo7 Boat
SS Togli
SS zioziotrip
SM Jamez
SM TheDarkAlakazam
ORAS Whaleeee
BW stable
DPP DJ Breloominati

Backup: 5luke(SM backup), maxy1991991(I could see sneaking into an SS slot for a mixup), Cantius(Can fill in a slot extremely well in any gen, the ultimate sub), Yogi, Smajet, NotFrancy (Don't know too much about, but I know Smajet doesn't play SS, but will play a decent SM game)

Go-Go Gogoats: True Managers, lots of support, and the next wave of 1v1 players, make for a growth focused team with must-watch players

Neat
team name, and a very neat draft as well. This team seems especially centered around fun and training newcomers, as both managers are not playing and are instead fully investing in their players, whether they are newer or older. ExplodingDonkey has been on quite the rise lately, making a stacked top 6 winners side of seasonal, amongst the likes of Cantius, ggopw, squirtell, rosa, and Nalei, pretty cool. He is extremely creative and will beat you with unorthodox stuff, using what he wants. Reminds me of cp2 from what I know of him. SiceXV is newer from what I can tell, but is pretty good at SS as well, and will definetly learn a lot from being on this team, same goes for Ho3en and DMpancake, I expect them all to get playing time, which is exciting. Jirachirelia will play a solid old gens game, and having Iron Crusher on your team seems to be a good sign of things to come, potentially picking up the slack if some of the newer players dont play well right out the gate. Also The Immortal being on a PL team is super cool. Tom842 is another guy who brings whack stuff and does amazing, and I expect him to do well. Kaif can play well in any tier, and if you catch him on the wrong side of his volatility, your probably losing. Can't say much about xJoelituh Winkata Downcoming3 and Andy Snype but as always I hope they do well!

Projected lineup? I really have very little clue on this one, as I am not too familiar with some of the names that went for a considerable amount during the draft
SSbo7 Kaif?
SS DMpancake
SS ExplodingDonkey
SM Downcoming3
SM Iron Crusher
ORAS xJoelituh? Jirachirelia?
BW Winkata?
DPP Tom?

Bench: SiceXV(Could definetly fill in SS and probably will), The Immortal(idk hes the immortal he'll do something)

Deluxe Dustox: A squad whos success might rely on chemistry building as opposed to teambuilding, this team will be a fan favorite

This
is seeming to be a fun team already, pqs managing is going to be quite interesting. A surprisingly solid team with a hilarious clash of personalities, I can't wait for this one. This team seems to have very defined roles for me. First off, having Nalei is akin to rosa in the building department, extremely knowledgable and will help teammates learn a lot, if this team gels well, expect it to just get stronger and stronger as the season goes on. Nalei will def play SS imo. pqs is uh, quite the character, and will play some very solid SM. not sure how well he will help with building in other gens that aren't SM or SS. Eriey for 8.5k and a main SM slot is very nice, not much to worry about there as Eriey is another great asset to the team as someone who is a great team improver, where he makes bad sets into good ones. avarice is a UU homie, even if I dont do that anymore haha, hes a great builder and will have a lot of fun. AllFourtyOne one of the most active and outgoing SS players in the community, will definitely play well. Joker 1v1 is an amazing BW player, and really embodies the BW logic of bringing whack stuff because its the best stuff in BW, definitely a highlight player to watch. Yami fills in DPP and pairs well with potentially DEG in a great old gens core. Lkjchjdhbjidcgjhd is your classic casual contributor, extremely active, and very creative with his builds. Ladder man as well. Expect him to do well in any tier, but mainly SM and SS. Can't say much about Quote and NonbinaryAgenda This might be the team I am most intrigued to see play

Projected lineup?
SSbo7 Nalei
SS AllFourtyOne
SS Lkjc? Avarice? Quote?
SM pqs
SM Eriey
ORAS DEG
BW Joker
DPP Yami

Bench: Nonbinaryagenda(Absolutely no clue, so could definitely be great)

Big Baller Barraskewdas: A bold draft means bold play, you won't want to miss what this team has to offer!

First
off, my favorite team name in the tour, has a great ring to it haha. Not only that, but the combination of Waylaid, Cash, and Synonimous is really really good. Self explanatory names there. They went all in on Syno, and I think it'll pay off. XSTATIC COLD I have only heard about through other people, so I am not confident in actually knowing him, but in a tour format he has shown to be very good and is never scared to make the right pick. Excited to see him play. alive is a very reliable old gen player, probably DPP, with tons of experience. Lancer very solid ORAS player and Wanony an amazing BW player, however we will see how he does without Solar support. I don't have too much to say about the other players as I know almost nothing about them, but I hope crucify Ferno sagar0027 and LaBalladeDesCieux do well! I know LBDC has done a lot of 1v1 before, so he is most likely a solid pick.

Projected lineup?
SSbo7 Waylaid
SS LBCD
SS Crucify
SM Syno
SM XSTATIC(unless he wants to play SS)
ORAS Lancer Fr
BW Wanony
DPP alive

Drive-By Dragapults: Watch out for the pults, a team with dom and his buddies are sure to make you pay for your tendencies.

An
obvious team strategy from the start, we basically get the TSC+Blazikin duo+dom and his friends+3 newish/up and coming modern geners'. We will see how this works. ggopw is a homie, and is really really frikkin good, especially when motivated. Which he will be cuz he'll be building with his gang, add ryy with his builder and 187 and perse with their picking ablities, and you got a dangggggggggerous team. Up and coming and extremely lucky LuckyPiper is honestly a perfect fit on this team, and it'll be hilarious to see how he does, as well as an ultra active and motivated Gym Socks!, a solid backup and creator Arai and big contributor and new ORAS enthusiast Pokesartoolcay and this team is going to do great. TSC and Blazikin in SS as well, watch out this might be the favorite.

SSbo7 TheShadowClaw
SS Scraftionite
SS LuckyPiper
SM Blazikin
SM 187 Fan
ORAS ggopw
BW ryyjyywyy
DPP Perse?

Bench: Pokesartoolcay(The immediate ORAS sub imo, and can obviously also play SM and SS quite well), Gym Socks(I really hope he gets to play some SS, an amazing builder in SS and can help supplement.) Arai(Could play some solid SM or SS, very good backup)

Metro Booming Mega Rays: With a name equally as long as this teams list of names, this unpredictable unit might just take some names

Idk
why I love this name, but I do. Also their draft HOLY cow. Looks like a draft with no plan, but I assume they had one. I legit don't know a lot of the names and can't provide too much insight, but I'll try my best. Obvious Old gen core in neomon , SolarflareRo , ayedan, and Close .neomon and solar will be quite an interesting duo to watch, and Solar will provide great team support and can play any tier well. Close will play SM and probably do amazing at it, as always, while also having some solid old gen teams. He proved he could play quite well in Classic. Betathunder , SUSTENANCE_1 T, plant based , Jho , and THIS MACHINE is a hilarious squadron, I can't wait to see what they do if they get to play. This will be a very funny team to watch, and I legit think they can win some games. Inkreativ is obviously a huge pick as well, not just because hes a great battler, but he gets free 187 ghosting (loool). Can't say much about the rest of the roster, which doesn't mean they are bad, just means I am still relatively new and currently a bit distant. We will see how this kind of draft strategy works out, I have a strong feeling it won't work, but I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

Projected lineup?
SSBo7 Solarflareo
SS THIS MACHINE
SS Raj.Shoot
SM Close
SM Inkreativ
ORAS ayedan
BW Neomon
DPP GeneralGunderson

Bench: I really wanna see plant or sust in a game, also Jho will do well as long as they are not facing AV Chandelure

RPS Rhyperiors Solid old gens and the Global Gang bring forth an interesting squad with an unpredictable SS!

The
Global Gang, featuring the Classic Champion Robyn and old tier queen Djokra . This is just an extremely solid team, with ima being one of the best and prolific BW 1v1er's, WailJesus and Maki's Fox both will be playing very good SM, Maki is also able to play solid BW. And I know almost nothing about the rest of the cast, except that they will love 1v1 and this team will probably have a really fun time! SS might be weak, but we don't really know because its such a new gen

Projected lineup?
SSbo7 martha
SS kjdaas
SS Corporal Levi?
SM WailJesus
SM Maki's Fox
ORAS Robyn
BW Ima
DPP ALlCE

Dang I wrote wayyy too much, but such is the classic LRXC. Always wayy too much, or wayy too little. I hope you enjoyed my writing. Please, tell me your thoughts on my writing for its content and style! Also I would look back and edit a ton from this point, but I am going to practice being in the grey and leaving this to not be perfect, enjoy this writing in its pure draft form.

I sincerely wish everyone luck in this years PL, I hope you guys are hype about it. I'll be on somewhat to check out some of the matches!

Onward!

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Biggest Overpays of the Draft:
Me - 11.5k (wtf guys why is a SS/SM team support player being drafted to a team with Nalei on it in the first place)
Nalei - 10k (nalei is incredibly bad at mons, in the past 3 weeks of our weekly Doubles Hackmons Bo3s I’ve won twice, if they can’t beat me at DHBo3 more than 1 time in 3 weeks it’s kinda sus they’re going for more than me O_o)
Pqs - 10k (Pqs is 16, 10,000>16 by a lot)
Eriey - 8.5k (Zeraora just got released in SS and is only legal in 5/8 slots so idk man might not go 9-0 or smn)
Lkjc - 7k (he has like 7000 letters in his name so it must be an overpay)
Avarice - 6k (Now this one was just avaricious, trying to steal away the god but ended up paying too much by approximately -40k)
Joker - 7.5k (This draft feels like a joke)
Quote - 8.5k (Just because they were TL doesn’t mean they’re the best player of all time. However, their immense talent definitely earned them the right to go for 8k but 8.5 is pushing it, yikes!

Biggest Underpays of the Draft:
DEG - 13k (I mean he went for 150k last mock draft so something’s kinda funky here)

Biggest Underpays of the Draft (yeah I copied vg):
XSTATIC COLD: 13.5k (XSC is well known as one of the best players in team tours, and being able to snag XSC for under 15k shocked me. pleasantly. it was like getting electrocuted, but by delightful lightning)
DEG: 13k (DEG is almost certainly the best oras player in the player pool. While he talked big game about not building anything and being inactive, I know for a fact that he'll get excited midway through pl and beast through any oldgen. DEG is the sort of player that locks down finals)
ima: 11.5k (this is a pretty fair price but I still wanted to talk about it. while he was only okay in wc, the environment there was different. he said he was strapped for time and had much less bw support on the team than he did with heatrans. This is the player that absolutely dominated last pl and I think that 11.5k reflects only his performance in wc, not how well he'll do in pl)
Kaif: 11k (there's always that one player. you hate to admit it, but they're really good. for me, kaif is that player. solar is also that player, but this is about kaif. kaif is really really good in bw. crazy good, in fact. he got smacked last pl playing 2v2 at times but he was absolutely worth more than 11k)
ryy: 8k (the fact that anyone (including me) let ryy go for under 10k is absolutely absurd to me. he's one of the best 1v1 players there is, and while he may not be the first pick for many due to his periodic toxic behavior and general edginess, he's good enough to go undefeated this pl. he was worth at least 12k if only to keep him from dragapults)
alive: 6k (am I biased? yes. but alive is one of the most knowledgeable oldgens players that I know and is also a pretty cool dude. great for building help when the two managers play exclusively new gens so I'm surprised he wasn't more contented for)
GL Volkner: 4k (I seriously don't really know how good he is at dpp but 4k for ANY dpp main is nice in this pool. everyone seems to like him, too)
blondesasukeuchiha: 4k (bsu is not washed bsu is not washed bsu is not washed. in all seriousness, I think bsu is an absolute steal for 4k and will absolutely go positive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)