Tournament 1v1 Premier League V - Tournament Discussion

nolenot

Banned deucer.
mono rayquaza is gonna be lame af like "oh i wonder if they're haban berry oh ohooho hho o ho o h" oh would you look at that everyone bought max speed haban crazy i love monopoke ajajaja ja ja ja ja1 anyways i think that monopoke should be included in the official week score bby3

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
yo. So zoomers had a post-draft vc with LRXC, crucify, Ink, Fan, Mishlef, Denis, bopher, stable, mubs, dom, myself, and some muted people like smely/sansho/rellia/deg (server muted for meowing.) Unfortunately, the recording got corrupted but I'm gonna try and transcribe what was said. Managers muted during the discussion of their own team so I will still be including everyone. Some of these teams are super neck and neck and every team has a fair shot, this post is purely for fun don't let it discourage you.

Bold means likely to start in said tier, ittalic means fringe option to start in said tier
Pyramid of Poliwrath
Quantam Tesseract & EuphonosManagers
dogknees19000
Akumajou18500
OM10000
Elo Bandit9500
Murman00647000
Boat6000
Itchyfoot4000
Krytocon3000
lei3000
Mattorr Is Cute3000
SS options: dogknees, Murman0064, Itchyfoot, Mattorr is Cute, Boat, Akumajou
SM options: Akumajou, Elo Bandit, Boat, Krytocon
ORAS options: OM, Elo Bandit
BW options: ? maybe Krytocon/QT
DPP options: Euphonos
This team is incredibly awkward. Both the expensive players need at least decent support but SS support is super questionable with Murman having to carry like all 3 slots and Akuma will be fed by slightly inactive Boat/Elo while Elo still has to build for himself. OM's activity is also questionable there is a fair chance he flops due to lack of sufficient support. BW is hella perdemos while Krytocon did make BW cup finals they have very limited showings outside of that tour which makes their ability to stand up with the more experienced BW players questionable. Another huge issue is that there's basically 0 star power. This team is gonna have to fight hard as hell to get consistent wins. Unfourtanetly, seemingly the most likely result for the Poliwraths is early burnout.
Trojan Porygons
Yami & JamesManagers
smely socks18000
Potatochan17000
Tol9000
Downcoming39000
tears8000
Leru5500
Grain2Sel5000
Aurodian3000
Finchinator3000
SS options: tears, smely socks, Grain2Sel, Aurodian, Potatochan, Downcoming3
SM options: James, Downcoming3, Grain2Sel, Tol
ORAS options: ? maybe smely socks
BW options: Potatochan, Yami, James
DPP options: Yami, James
This team has massive slotting issues. Both OG zoomers smely and Potato are more likely than not gonna have to play an old gen which leaves SS in a very strange spot. The hope is that Leru gets fed each week or even plays, Aurodian is a gamble, DC3 is probably better in SM especially considering wcup, and there are no French speakers on the team for G2S which is potentially gonna cause communication issues. Tears is basically the only SS lock who will probably do fine with his zoomers cohorts supporting assuming he cares. SM is gonna have to be swapped around a bunch asw. Old gens are a massive question mark, they bought Finchinator but where is his support. This team has the same issue as Poliwraths, it's gonna have to work incredibly hard each week to put up a fight.

The general consensus was that Poliwraths is the worse team but the difference isn't that large.

Jirachi Regalia
Rosa & RelliaManagers
Nalei18500
Inkreativ17500
UBERLandon2112000
alive9500
Adela7500
bea5500
Tom8424500
frostyicelad4000
SS options: Nalei, Adela, Rosa, Rellia, frostyicelad
SM options: UBERLandon21, Rosa, Inkreativ, Rellia, Tom842, frostyicelad
ORAS options: bea, Rosa
BW options: ? maybe Tom842
DPP options: Inkreativ, Tom842, alive
This team had an incredibly strong start with Nalei, Inkreativ, and UBERLandon21. All 3 of these players are properly supported as well as being self-sufficient. These 3 are basically locked positive slots and some of the strongest players in their respective tier. Then Rosa decided one DPP wasn't enough. alive has been incredibly inactive outside of DPP for a while now so his capability to cover BW is questionable especially with minimal support. Adela is a good player but doesn't really make sense for this team as they already have a sufficient amount of SS. bea is another good player that doesn't really fit, the guess is that Rosa is deadset on playing SS/SM instead of ORAS. Tom842 similar to alive has not really played any tier outside of DPP in a long while so I don't really see where you put him here, he's a fine bench but a cheap BW/ORAS sub would've been better here. frosty is a solid 3k pickup but I don't really see the scenario where he plays, like half the players in SS/SM have to shit the bed in which case the team is already boned. This team has a scary SS/DPP and solid SM/ORAS but this team has pretty significant slotting issues and questionable sub activity. This is by no means a bad team but it's gonna be an uphill battle to get the team in proper shape.
RPS Rhyperiors
Alice & HereComesTeamCharmManagers
TheShadowClaw18000
187 Fan17500
Lancer Fr10000
eblurb9000
Joker 1v18500
413X4000
Bomb21XD3000
not a racist3000
Seo.3000
SS options: Alice, HereComesTeamCharm, TheShadowClaw, Bomb2XD, 413X, not a racist, eblurb
SM options: TheShadowClaw, Joker 1v1, Lancer Fr, 187 Fan
ORAS options: 187 Fan, Joker 1v1, Seo.
BW options: eblurb
DPP options: 187 Fan, 413X, eblurb
The managers already give this team a solid leg up from others as Alice/HCTC is a pretty scary SS core. There are some pretty sizeable issues from there though. Fan and blurb will probably lock down their respective gens assuming they can get sufficient ursa support, however, factoring in this team's history with ursas and that ursas is dead as fuck getting ursa support is by no means a lock. Third SS is somewhat of a gamble especially considering this team probably needs TSC to SM. Bomb is not very active and not very good at piloting which is not a great combo. not a racist and Seo. click decently but are also kind of a gamble with minimal tour results. Joker TSC SM sounds solid but potentially leaves a hole in SS and ORAS if you plan on slotting Fan in DPP. This is another team that needs to get slotting right and hope that the maybes pop off. Potential to be a really solid team they just need everybody to put in 110%.

Zoomers is very 50/50 on which is the better team here. The initial impression was that Regalia is better, however, upon further discussion, some people are leaning towards RPS.

Simping Slakings
Sansho & BopherManagers
LBDC17000
Synonimous17000
Scraftionite11000
AltCauseImInsecure10000
Waylaid9000
magicarpe_lvl1007000
lvl100Blaziken3000
BlanchedAlmond3000
SS options: Bopher, Waylaid, Scraftionite, lvl100Blaziken, BlanchedAlmond, magicarpe_lvl100
SM options: LBDC, AltCauseImInsecure, Scraftionite, Waylaid, lvl100Blaziken
ORAS options: magicarpe_lvl100, Scraftionite
BW options: Sansho
DPP options: Synomimous
Slakings drafted an incredibly strong SS that has the potential to be the best in the tour. They don't really have slotting issues even if the team is pretty new-gen heavy which means that if an old gen goes south up it's pretty problematic. Bopher is one of the better SS builders at the moment and he picked up some of the best pickers in Waylaid and Scraft so their inactivity shouldn't be that large a concern. Fragments(lvl100blaz) and BlanchedAlmond are hella sleeper picks that I'm very happy got drafted. Fragments did incredibly well in the Summer Seasonal and BlanchedAlmond consistently has accounts in the 1700s. SM is also pretty potent with LBDC and ACII assuming their activity is solid. ORAS is one of the more strange slots since magicarpe doesn't really have support but it's very far from unsalvageable. BW Sansho returns off an incredibly strong wcup performance and is definitely one of the better players in the pool. DPP can be problematic if Syno gets out-prepped due to his low activity but Syno is still one of the better DPP players. While activity and burnout is a concern this team is a solid playoff contender. If they can get into the swing of things this team is incredibly scary

Trigger-Happy Thwackeys
zio & STABLEManagers
DenisTheMenace20500
Gym Socks!15000
Satanic Beast14500
Freddy Kyogre6500
Tricking5000
DezShizzels4000
DannyDoritos3500
Ryenix3000
(write-up was done by Mubs)
SS options: DenisTheMenace, zio, Tricking, Satanic Beast, DannyDoritos, Ryenix
SM options: Satanic Beast, Freddy Kyogre, DezShizzels
ORAS options: DezShizzles, Freddy Kyogre, Satanic Beast, zio, Ryenix
BW options: STABLE, Gym socks!, Freddy Kyogre
DPP options: Gym socks!, STABLE
zio + stable have made a very solid draft. Very good SS core, perhaps the best one with zio + stable + denis + Gym Socks. Obviously not all of them can't play these slots at the same time so I'd expect Gym Socks to BW and either zio or stable to pick something else up. Don't know much about Tricking but they seem to be one of those "talents" that can pick up 1v1 quite easily and do well if they start, considering the team support around them. Edgar + Freddy as an sm is nice though I do have my reservations on Freddy in 2021. Also BW is great here with STABLE assisting Gym Socks. My question here is on who the ORAS slot is. Dez? I wouldn't be surprised to see zio pick up oras depending on if Tricking starts ss. Definitely a playoff team for sure, wouldn't be surprised to see them in the finals.

Godspeed Scolipedes
LRXC & crucifyManagers
Squirtell 1v118000
SiceXV15000
SoulWind11000
Maki9000
lmni 1v19000
parr0t5000
Felucia3000
D2TheW3000
SS options: crucify, SiceXV, Maki, parr0t, D2TheW
SM options: Squirtell 1v1, lmni 1v1, Felucia
ORAS options: LRXC
BW options: Maki apparently, LRXC, SoulWind
DPP options: SoulWind, LRXC
LRXC crucify is easily the best support core in the entire tour. Both build every single gen barring SM at a pretty solid level as well as being proficient players. Sice crucify SS is incredibly scary with both having really good showings in tours and assuming they can properly support SS3 this is easily one of the best SS in the tour. The double 1v1 in name SM core is pretty heat and mitagates the lack of SM support as both players are self-sufficient, having a good SM team checker would be really nice but this SM will still trump most others. ORAS LRXC is pretty good when he does not bring triple Mew. BW is kinda a massive question mark but LRXC+crucify should be able to feed Maki pretty well, albeit Maki BW leaves SS3 to parr0t or D2 which both have minimal tour experience, however, they have been around for a fair amount of time and have good intuition. Assuming SoulWind isn't crust he's one of the better DPP in the pool especially considering the support he has behind him. While this team potentially has slotting issues LRXC crucify provides pretty insane flexibility which leaves the team in an incredibly good spot with potential growth. Pretty much a lock for playoffs.

A 50/50 split more or less on who has the better team, really depends on who you ask.

Castelia City Catgirls
Mubs & DEG(did not self-buy)Managers
Close18500
XSTATIC COLD18000
Jabiru9500
Kentari9000
pqs9000
philisteen6000
Mishlef4500
LuckyPiper3000
Urfgurgle3000
Trashuny3000
ExplodingDonkey3000
Metony3000
SS options: XSTATIC COLD, Close, pqs, Mishlef, LuckyPiper, philisteen, Urfgurgle, ExplodingDonkey, Metony
SM options: Close, Kentari, pqs, Mishlef
ORAS options: Mubs, XSTATIC COLD, Kentari, Jabiru
BW options: DEG support slot, so probably philisteen
DPP options: Jabiru, Close
This team has both Close+XSC with DEG support while still having the most players in the tour. You'd have to be smoking something to not think this is the most frightening team in the tour. This team is absurdly flexible with Close and XSC being able to play any spot if needed with the amount of SS/SM subs allowing that to happen. pqs+Mishlef+Close+DEG+XSC+LuckyPiper are gonna be able to keep SS incredibly well oiled. Close Kentari SM is absolutely terrifying with both players being some of the best to ever do it and Mishlef+pqs is great support. ORAS is Mubs fresh off a ORAS Cup win with DEG support, should be able to go positive easily. BW is a slot DEG will have to gamble with but considering philisteen's aptitude for learning a tier with DEG's help BW shouldn't be that large a concern, that being said it's not very promising as a top contender either. DPP Jabiru is one of the more veteran players in the tier who still builds his own stuff. This team is gonna have an incredibly active and motivated chat with some very good players. Easily the favorite to win the tour.

Well, I hope you all enjoyed the read. This is squaring up to be a pretty fun PL and I hope everyone has fun. Mubs out.
Make fun of Rosa's rankings all you want but at least her top 4 teams didn't all lose the first week of the tour. Remarkable week 1; absolutely hyped for the rest of the tour. FORZA REGALIA

I woke up on the twenty of February twenty-twenty-one confused. My life as a manager is in shambles, my reputation, everything I gave came crumbling down in the first two weeks, and here we are starting
1613807663186.png
again. So after thinking deeply, it's not our fault, but it's a curse. I have found the source of the curse and I will lift it. Catgirls will now be my personal hobby and my kink, and will no longer be my team name, so I can alone absorb the rage of blasphemy. I shall free my teammates from the wrath. Thus, my team name will now officially be Untitled Unfezants.

Last edited:

Tol

Retirement house
I woke up on the twenty of February twenty-twenty-one confused. My life as a manager is in shambles, my reputation, everything I gave came crumbling down in the first two weeks, and here we are starting View attachment 317274 again. So after thinking deeply, it's not our fault, but it's a curse. I have found the source of the curse and I will lift it. Catgirls will now be my personal hobby and my kink, and will no longer be my team name, so I can alone absorb the rage of blasphemy. I shall free my teammates from the wrath. Thus, my team name will now officially be Untitled Unfezants.

dont recall asking

I woke up on the twenty of February twenty-twenty-one confused. My life as a manager is in shambles, my reputation, everything I gave came crumbling down in the first two weeks, and here we are starting View attachment 317274 again. So after thinking deeply, it's not our fault, but it's a curse. I have found the source of the curse and I will lift it. Catgirls will now be my personal hobby and my kink, and will no longer be my team name, so I can alone absorb the rage of blasphemy. I shall free my teammates from the wrath. Thus, my team name will now officially be Untitled Unfezants.

I'm not playing on a team named after this ugly ass bird

sup dorks, mid season power rankings, once again written on a piratepad

"mid" season rankings, bc I agreed with the catgirls thwackeys scolipdes prs that zoomers or whoever did at the start

ranking in order of how feasible it is they win the whole tournament

these teams are all super close together so don't take w a grain of salt

#8 slakings - this team does have some strengths, their ss is solid even without bopher ig, but the rest of the slots besides maybe bw are just not doing well. their oras teams is basically the result of whatever the non-oras players on the team can throw together by the weekend, and should be winless if not for the allah support week 2. synon is 0-3, and notably lost to a catgirls ss ladder hero pretty convincingly. i don't think synon is bad, but his attention is just too divded with the other slots and this is like the 3rd pl in a row he's underperformed in relative to his skill level and building ability. bopher seems to be taking this tour as a chance to give some newer players the chance to shine, which doesn't make that much sense when he literally bought himself. scraf is also, let's say not in championship winning form atm. these players are also pretty quiet and probably don't have a particularly active chat.

#7 poliwraths - just because these dudes won a singular week (vs our #8 ranked team no less) doesn't mean i am forced to think they're good lmao. euph is doing good, dogknees is positive in bo7 with tough opponents but i think this team will fizzle out as things go on. the last 3 weeks of their schedule is catgirls, scolipedes, and thwackeys, who are all probably gonna be in playoff contention. there's some surprises such as 2-1 7k murman but also some obvious bad slots like itchyfoot. their sm is underperforming relative to what sust has pulled in the past. i also am not particularly keen on the oras either, om is 2-1 against probably the easiest players in the pool besides 2021 mubs. these guys make 4th seed at best imo, and that's what every team is hoping for anyways.

#6 scolipedes - these dudes have not found their groove yet lmfao. sw the goat is 0-3 and was just juggled into oras, a tier he's not known to like or play. sice got banned for a year too LOLOLOLOLOL 15k for yash it seems. like the catgirls, this team has no 3-0 players which is interesting. cruc is broken though, and lrxc seems to be doing lrxc things with a 2-1 record. maki succeeds w cruc ofc, but the rest of the team is well.... negative. lol. sice WAS positive (past tense) but the value buys of this team (squirt, sw) are just not living up to expectations and as mentioned for the 3rd time sice got yeeted, which is highkey huge for this team. if squirt and sw don't start winning a ton this team is fucked imo, lmni proving to be a somewhat inconsistent sm pick and the rest of the draft is super wack imo. cruc/lrxc/sw tb is broken tho if sw can get his shit together

#5 catgirls - they may be winless, but honestly i have a good feeling about these dudes. this team would have been damn near out if they lost last week, but luckily xstatic untilted and some of their more unproven players won. this team seems set on starting some newer ladder players, and a lot depends on if they win as well as whether close and xstatic can get up to their peaks or not. mish is 2-0 which is honestly pretty poggers. they are doing some weird juggling rn but honestly it makes a ton of sense considering how mubs was doing. these guys need to also stop choking, lmfao. i swear every other series i watch of these guys has someone misplaying in a crucial series. take your fuckin time guys, jeez. this week is absolutely crucial for them, as they're thirsty as hell for a win but also fighting a damn good team. these guys are broken if they make playoffs, lol, but that's a huge if. if sice didn't get banned these guys would be below pedes tho loool easily.

#4 regelia - it really was a tossup between this and porygons, but these guys tied the poliwrath so that's the deciding factor. these guys have a lot of good tools and rosa getting her win is great and all but every player on this team has played a game and 3 are winless. they haven't found their groove yet, and i think catgirls are probably better in that regard. landon and frosty are randomly undefeated in sm so far, which is good because that leaves a lot open for the ss. oh god rosa is playing bw again. oh god bea is 0-3 (who's surprised). this team is still throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks, so that's why they're so low. their bw and oras are.... bad.

#3 porygons - unlike the articunos, this james team is actually viable. the only reason i rank this team this high is because a) they didn't tie the poliwrath yet and b) they have a decent amount of synergy whether it's east ppl or zoomers. tears is actually doing amazing, setting himself apart from the horror story that was 2020 west ss. his prep and play are both fire. suddenly grain2sel has accended too, randomly, even almost beating edgar before hax. finch is also performing, proving that the zoomer strategy of using a fire type on 90% of your teams is not bad in oras. he did get absolutely smashed by dez, though, because of some predictability in picking that idk why people haven't discovered yet. he thinks about picking one mon, then looks at an opposing threat on the other team, and picks what beats that. their ss is pretty weak, though, and the 35k or whatever the fuck zoomer core is 2-4. they're better at keeping a chat active and full of teams than picking super well, anyways. these guys have found their groove moreso than the regelia imo, at least slotting wise.

#2 rps rhyperiors - woooooo these guys are viable! damn they have a fuck ton of positive players good lord. they got momentum but i think by the time playoffs comes around these guys will have lost a bit of wind tyrants style. not much more to say, these players are all doing good but i just can't see them performing like this the whole season tho. their tb is weak too. this team probably thinks they're unbeatable, but sooner or later things will go sour for them and then it'll be less of a hot take to say this team isn't the clear #1. or maybe not and they'll go undefeated, but i doubt it lol.

#1 thwackeys - ever since getting reverse swept week 1 these guys have gone ham. denis has been a little more inconsistent than they'd want and their sm is kind of the result of swooping up edgar for his first team tour and a last minute freddy buy but i'm still big on this team because of their motivation, synergy, and tiebreak. by all numerical mectrics rps should be first and this team has had some iffy performences like gym socks, but I think this team shouldn't have trouble riding the momentum of the past few dubs. i think they have some weaker spots than the rhyperiors, but overall the rps roaster just doesn't wow me as much as this team can. when zio, denis, dez and radu are dominant this team is fucking scary. period. their tb is scary af too. i think overall they're broken if edgar/gym socks can get their shit together.

Last edited:
I just woke up so sorry if this is worded wrong. This is about me bringing Magikarp game 5 vs Finch. Last year I brought Magikarp game 5 and won. It was during a time where our PL team was in a bad way. The mentality was low and I wanted to bring something that was fun to pick up their spirits as well as entertain the people watching. After that it became synonymous with me

Those who know me or have had the "pleasure" of seeing me play know I'm the guy who brings crazy stuff because I make it work. That has been my staple for years. Back during PL III of 1v1 I shared a replay showing Magikarp, yes Magikarp [https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-898685048]

So yes, Magikarp "can" win a game if things align for it to do so. Magikarp is also one of those Pokemon everyone knows. Magikarp is useless ect.

Now into this category of throwing. " Throwing: Losing on purpose to benefit your opponent is strictly forbidden, and will lead to the person throwing being Tournament Banned. What constitutes throwing is up to the Tournament Directors' discretion. "

This is one of the many rules each tour has. Years of countless situations led to this being created and what it is today. To prevent such problems from coming forth again. How does this relate to me? The idea of bringing Magikarp someone would say that person is throwing. Just based on the Pokemon's prowess. When it comes to 1v1, we bring 3 Pokemon, and pick 1 and only 1 to use. Its sorta our staple. Because of this it allows us make up for weaknesses and focus on the strengths of our teams. This means even if someone brings a team and one of the Pokemon loses, or has 3 moves or they end up clicking the wrong team and bringing a team of 2, you will always have another Pokemon to back you up. So pertaining to me, the times when I brought it I had 2 Pokemon. At the end of the day I either pick the the 1 mon that wins or I dont. 50/50 odds. That's still even

~for years bringing 2 Pokemon on ladder, reaching top % was something people have done. People bringing and winning with 2 Pokemon in tournament games, whether by mistake or not. The fact is for these to work you bring Pokemon that have the ability to win vs most of the meta. So to say bringing 2 Pokemon, or bringing a 3rd Pokemon that is unlikely to win is throwing when it doesn't have to be chosen to win or lose is throwing doesn't seem like a fair statement.

My team's discord for the duration of this PL have joked about me bringing weird stuff and winning. Same as my other teams in the past. ex 3 dittos. The biggest thing with all those was I always won. Which is why it became a staple of mine. "Joker makes the unviable, viable". When it comes to using "gimmicks" I always take my time to process whether or not if I bring a Pokemon I can win with it. If I don't believe I can, then I won't. So touching more on this week, when I was vs Finch, he was the YouTube guy. So I was given the greenlight to use Magikarp. I could have used it in every game. I even told someone on the team we were vs this week. But I didn't because that felt like throwing to me. The idea of my sets or teams is to be used once out of no where to get a win. As I'm sure a lot of other sets people have made over the years are. Which is why I told "I might bring it once, maybe not at all" and they gave me their word they were not gonna say anything or leak. I did have a different game 5 team ready to go. I had multiple, but chose to bring two Pokemon and a Magikarp. I prepped using a Magikarp, made sure I took the time and effort to bring the best two Pokemon I could. I even brought two fire Pokemon in hopes they might bring a water which I felt like they would "they did" because I could bait them into picking that and win. Finch was given a set, you can see in his video, it was not his planned set. He brought a KyuB that has a crazy amount of Spd. So when I picked Chandelure I believed that set to be well not basically max Spd. And if it wasn't I would have won. So yes I understand the argument of throwing. But at the end of the day, if I won that, why would we be having this topic of "is it throwing, should we ban him". I take tours seriously, I've been on showdown since 2012. I put in the time and effort to not let my teammates down or to disrespect my opponent. But at the end of the day, I'm trying to win and have fun. I had fun, so did Finch. Yes, they viewed me bringing Magikarp as wrong, and after watching his video I can see it from his POV. But for me the fact remains, in 1v1 you can bring whatever and beat whatever. That's one of its strong points. Who wouldn't want to see ex. Hustle Corsala beat a Zard X. The issue comes down to whether or not I came in trying to give him a free win. And I didn't. I played to win, I always play to win. But he brought a great KyuB set. And because of that he won.

I already talked to my team, after this became somewhat of a topic that got out of hand. Leading up this this week I told my team I wanted to be very memey with Finch because he's the YouTube guy and its all in good fun. As Pokemon should be. Two players fighting to win, and "trying to win" I told them after this week I was set on beating the next two users I face and continue into playoffs. I understand this is a team tour and its not just myself I am affecting. I got unlucky one week and people go crazy. I suppose I do play on thin ice a lot, but the idea of Pokemon is for fun, and I took my steps before bringing such gimmicks. Whether you support or repel my choice is for you to decide. My team and I are focused on winning PL. If anyone wants to discuss this further you may reply to this or for more detailed in in-depth talks dm on discord Joker#1988

sup dorks, eulogies for regalia + pedes
so, the season is pretty much over for the scolipedes. that means it's time for 1v1pl eulogies, and we will start off with a team that looked great before the draft.crucify is a good builder. period. he's a good player too. he won pl with the barraskewdas and helped whatever ggopw europe get to world cup finals (i don't even remember the name. south? central? east?). additionally, he was a major contributor to scraf winning champs and the blurb somehow stumbling into a classic win. so a team captained by him, where he could possibly throw teams to 3 ss slots? amazing. lrxc joined him to help crucify's weaker areas like oras and possibly other old gens. this pairing seemed quite frankly broken, really all they needed to do was get a good sm and grab some players that can use cruc and lrxc's teams well. both managers bought themselves for the hefty but fair price of 27k combined. so they decided to grab squirtell first. some, including myself, thought that even for 18k this was fine. squirtell is good. but some goober, maybe gohar, pointed out that squirtell just doesn't perform that well in pl. currently, he is 9-9 combined in pl, which is quite mediocre considering his skill level. squirtell is self sufficient though, so teams weren't an issue. next, after zio did a .10 on sice, cruc did a hard .15 which was... interesting. sice could easily have been more, but it's 2021 and people are gonna be pussies for a user that's icbb and a sore loser like sice. combined with the fact that the scolipedes were down 45k from 3 players, this was definetely suboptimal. they only had 40k left, and 4 starting slots + subs to fill. they were gonna have to get some cheap players that overperformed.they then got maki for 9k. this would be fine. maki got champs finals w crucify support so there really shouldn't have been issues with this. soulwind was then gotten for 11k, which was quite frankly a steal. however, these two moves left the team with very little money. they got lmni for 9k, which is cheap for sm if you look at the spreadsheet, but this move was kind of risky considering that lmni is a somewhat inconsistent player (9-13 on da sheet) and their teams can be bad/outdated at times. this left the team with 11k and 3 spots to fill. and they filled it with d2, parr0t, and 2021 felucia. i think these picks are really garb looking back at it. i think d2 is funny af and a gernally cool person, but i think he would fit better in a catgirls type situation rather than filling a starting slot. parr0t had 0 results prior to this tour and felucia is a troll with no bones. this was not what the team needed. the team needed someone decent to fill ss3 (who can easily be a teamslave from crucify) and somehow the closest we got to that is d2 (no offense). ss3 is clearly not too competitive, though, so maybe things would work out: https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/s6jrBM0RmS4LDE8bzeqNRwQhLF6xcnoVwkWKcEelZro/https/media.discordapp.net/attachments/394900928274104320/812879582105174026/73ae8382-6d7e-4f1a-b6d6-01422d3f0a91.png%3Fwidth%3D809%26height%3D676?width=1278&height=1067 this team needed 3 things: sm to not be a dumpster fire, ss to work out, and the expensive players needed to all do at least passable. the starting 5 players were great, but they really needed to pull their weight.the starting lineup is:SS Bo7: SiceXVSS Bo5: crucifySS Bo5: parr0tSM Bo5: Squirtell 1v1SM Bo5: lmni 1v1ORAS Bo5: LRXCBW Bo5: MakiDPP Bo5: SoulWindin the absolutely cursed week 1, this team lost to the regelia. the ss went 1-2, the sm 0-2, and soulwind lost. lmni notably lost to frostyicelad and an unproven player like parr0t losing to a pretty average player like relia makes this not a great start. this team did farm the weak regelia bw/oras, though.the scolipedes kept the same lineup and week 2, they fought the porygons, who were fresh off a convincing win vs the catgirls. the ss went positive vs tears/smely/tol, while lmni lost to grain2sel and soulwind lost to yami. this team didn't have a super big weakness this week, they just went back and forth in a lot of slots until they ended up tying. tears ascended this tour, so crucify losing to him is not a big deal.week 3 vs the catgirls. sice beat close to make the week 1-0 iirc and then proceeded to get banned off the site a day later LMAO. i'm sure the fritaly goons were pissed off and wish they johned him to sunday, but the 15k player had one last hurrah before getting owned off the site for a year. he got replaced by god yash tho, so no worries.notable occourences: lmni won a sm game, squirtell got tossed by the 0-2 xstatic 3-0, sw lost again making him 0-3, mubs superpowered triple greninja with donphan and got benched immediately. they ended up tying the also winless catgirls.so, these guys had 2 points after 3 weeks, and sw was down 0-3. their sm was really subpar and their ss got weakened by sice getting banned.they decided to switch up their slots next week (sw oras, lrxc dpp) but then crucify decided to sub himself out. GG. season over. this team's subs sucked. they then lost the week, tho sw did beat supportless scraf. they lost to the slakings.week 5, they tie the thwackeys. not bad considering both teams were good but this team still had not won a week. felucia was in and unsurprisingly went 0-2. parr0t was 1-3 by this point. this team needed a catgirls situation where the cheap players go insane, but unfortunately this didn't happen. also, lmni got exposed for being a dude and weirdo, and he promptly left every discord including scolipedes. this team started off bad, but bans, weak performences, and subpar money management left this team to be quite frankly ass.

Ever since rosa won 1v1pl 2 with an absolutely broken draft, there’s always the question each year “will the rosa team be good?”

In pl3, solar went insane and Rosa did solid, allowing the cp2 managed panchams to reach semis Tb. Unfortunately that’s where their season ended, but that team was definitely good.

The past two seasons though, the rosa managed teams have been mediocre at best. She drafts pretty weird, makes questionable decisions (esp in old gens) and drafts teams that have some issues with synergy, chemistry, and activity.

This year she teamed up with a player who’s been around for a while, relia, but only recently gotten into the community. He had a decent UrsaLT showing but overall is somewhat unproven in tournaments. Could these two make a great team? Well, as answered in the previous paragraph, no lol.

Both managers bought themselves which was a fine decision. Relia wasn’t too expensive and these two managers after pricing had 79k to fill out 6 starters + 2 subs min. That should be enough.

Nalei for 19.5k is honestly amazing for almost any team. She had a good World Cup, and she ended up winning a stacked offsite dlc2 tour, ursaLT from losers. Because of her having the only real dlc2 individual win besides scraf’s champs win, many considered her to be the best ss player in the pool. This combined with Rosa could make a fearsome, unpredictable ss core if both performed.

Rosa then bought inkreativ for 17.5k. This is quite a hefty sum for a player who only really plays one slot and doesn’t build much for other slots. Depends how he performs though, he definitely is one of the better dpp players. Rosa then proceeded to upbid almost every dpp Mainer in the entire pool LOOOL. She was extremely lucky to not get a failed upbid. It worked out for her though. I guess.

The team then bought Alive for 9.5k. And he played one game. I’m not sure how much he built, but assuming he didn’t build many teams this was a weird decision. Usually you want to get more value from a near 10k pick. This is also ignoring the fact that alive hasn’t kicked ass in quite a while. He’s been really mediocre as of late and this tour was no exception. Not trying to shit on him, it’s fine he has better things to do than care about 1v1, but this 9.5k buy was not handled well.

Rosa bought tom842, maybe she did this last year? He hasn’t really performed since his scuffed adv cup win where there were 2 act wins in an rr finals. He’s been a pretty mediocre pick and the teams he’s on are rarely good in PL. Adela was also bought 7.5k. Decent buy. Who knows if they would perform though.

Another old gens but that was pretty bad was bea. This tour might have made bea magikarpe levels of self deprecating, but that was barely their fault. They were bought because they got to semis of the oras Swiss tournament, but that tour really didn’t mean that much. All the good players lost early besides xstatic, leaving the semifinals of it to be xstatic/blurb/random 10 post Indian/bea. Additionally, bea was using Mexican teams, which have time and time again proved to carry mediocre players (togli, mubs, etc). Without the same support, this buy was extremely ambitious. Without good support, they should not have started.

Landon was 12k. Maybe he’d do well. It’s sm. Anyone can win if they get enough 3-0s.

This leaves Frostyicelad. This guy doesn’t win many games, so I was extremely skeptical. But if you like him and he’s building, 4K isn’t that much to spend on a player.

This team was ranked middle to the bottom by most sensible players. It had a strong ss, then old gens could easily be perdemos. If Rosa could play multiple tiers at once it’d be good, but she can’t. Then week 1 dropped and frostyicelad was starting in sm and Rosa was in BW. LOL?

Yeah yeah they won in the cursed week 1. All the bad teams did. Then after a week 2 loss, Rosa was 0-2 which was bad. But by week 3, they were seeded highly with a win and a tie. They only tied the poliwrath a, though, and that team sucks. This team was really inconsistent. By week 3, their bw and oras were combined 0-6. Relia just lost to murman lol. Maybe they could pick up the pace and start winning more weeks. They won, lost, and tied by week 3 showing really anything could happen. Landon was kicking ass though.

Then the team proceeded to never win another week LOL. Maybe they could do a dragapults esque move and qualify for playoffs with only 2 wins or something similar, but by week 5 and 6 they lost two weeks and were out.

What went wrong? Well, they were inconsistent. Additionally, with the way the team drafted, they didn’t have many good flex options on the bench when some of their slots started tanking. When bw was dire, Rosa had to say there. However Once relia, bea, and adela went a combined 4-12, rosa really couldn’t do much. If she left bw, their bw would be dire again unless alive randomly started caring and winning. This team didn’t have many consistent slots and lacked the ability to really improve the lineup in a positive way. Towards the end of the season, it really only seemed like Landon and nalei were the only consistent source of wins. Rosa went from 0-2 to 4-2 though. Good for her.

Also, this team relied on a lot of new players for wins (relia, bea, adela). I think this tour in particular is kind of a hard place to start. Every team is extremely tryhard. Additionally, earlier 1v1 tours were a good place for players to figure out their style of building and playing. Figuring your style out while also fighting for wins every week just doesn’t work well for some players in their debut.

At this point, it seems like Rosa needs a co manager that could do more in the draft planning. Rosas old gen picks are weird, and her teams can lack synergy, consistently, and an active discord. Solo Rosa could always just craft a good squad next season, but imo the chances are higher if she teams up with another experienced manager who has a better eye for who will perform consistently. Honestly I think Rosa + deg would be an amazing core, but idk how likely the chances of that are.

Last edited:

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
What's poppin friends, since slakings are officially out I wanted to take a minute to give a much deserved appreciation post to all the amazing ladies and gents who made my first 1v1pl an absolute blast. There's no way I can possibly cover everyone in this post so please forgive me if I forget to give you a shoutout! Odds are if we talked sometime during the tour I was pleased to meet you and you made my experience that much better :) So without further ado let's get into it!

Shoutout to Bopher for building hella teams for me this tour, you are such an elite builder my guy and it was a pleasure to use whatever you cooked up for me. You're also just such a cool person in general and I love chatting with you, big thanks to both you and Sanshokuinsumireko for drafting me this season and giving me this opportunity.

Shoutout to the homie Waylaid for pulling for me to get onto slakings, Waylaid has believed in me more than anyone else since I started playing 1v1 and I can never express how much I appreciate that support. Wouldn't be here without this man you're the absolute best bro someone could ask for.

Shoutouts to STABLE and zio for slotting me into play monopoke vs my own team LOL I've never had an experience like that and I loved it, that was so goofy but tons of fun. You guys have also been two of my biggest supporters despite not even being on my team and it genuinely meant a lot to me to get that kinda love.

Shoutouts to my randbats room brethren frostyicelad and not a racist for all the good shit they've done in this tour, I've known these guys for years now and you can't ask for better friends. Getting to do this tour with them even if we were all on different teams really added to the experience.

Shoutouts to all of my opponents this season you were all wonderful, I was really tested every single week and I loved constantly having a new challenge. I believe I'm a stronger player now than when I started and I owe that all to you guys, keep being beasts and I hope to play you all again sometime in the future.

And ofc shoutouts to all my fellow slakings! Couldn't have asked for a better team for my first pl you guys were incredible and it was a pleasure to team alongside you all. Even if we didn't make playoffs there's not a doubt in my mind you guys are goats and I wish you all the best moving forward.

I think that about wraps it up. This pl was such a ride for me, ending with a 4-2 record is so much better than what I thought I was capable of and once again I owe that to everyone I've worked with along the way. I'm looking forward to continuing with ssnl and participating in majors when that starts up, and hopefully even more 1v1 tours to come! That's all from me for now, thanks again everyone and good luck to those who made playoffs!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)