Tournament 1v1 Premier League V - Tournament Discussion

What's poppin friends, since slakings are officially out I wanted to take a minute to give a much deserved appreciation post to all the amazing ladies and gents who made my first 1v1pl an absolute blast. There's no way I can possibly cover everyone in this post so please forgive me if I forget to give you a shoutout! Odds are if we talked sometime during the tour I was pleased to meet you and you made my experience that much better :) So without further ado let's get into it!

Shoutout to Bopher for building hella teams for me this tour, you are such an elite builder my guy and it was a pleasure to use whatever you cooked up for me. You're also just such a cool person in general and I love chatting with you, big thanks to both you and Sanshokuinsumireko for drafting me this season and giving me this opportunity.

Shoutout to the homie Waylaid for pulling for me to get onto slakings, Waylaid has believed in me more than anyone else since I started playing 1v1 and I can never express how much I appreciate that support. Wouldn't be here without this man you're the absolute best bro someone could ask for.

Shoutouts to STABLE and zio for slotting me into play monopoke vs my own team LOL I've never had an experience like that and I loved it, that was so goofy but tons of fun. You guys have also been two of my biggest supporters despite not even being on my team and it genuinely meant a lot to me to get that kinda love.

Shoutouts to my randbats room brethren frostyicelad and not a racist for all the good shit they've done in this tour, I've known these guys for years now and you can't ask for better friends. Getting to do this tour with them even if we were all on different teams really added to the experience.

Shoutouts to all of my opponents this season you were all wonderful, I was really tested every single week and I loved constantly having a new challenge. I believe I'm a stronger player now than when I started and I owe that all to you guys, keep being beasts and I hope to play you all again sometime in the future.

And ofc shoutouts to all my fellow slakings! Couldn't have asked for a better team for my first pl you guys were incredible and it was a pleasure to team alongside you all. Even if we didn't make playoffs there's not a doubt in my mind you guys are goats and I wish you all the best moving forward.

I think that about wraps it up. This pl was such a ride for me, ending with a 4-2 record is so much better than what I thought I was capable of and once again I owe that to everyone I've worked with along the way. I'm looking forward to continuing with ssnl and participating in majors when that starts up, and hopefully even more 1v1 tours to come! That's all from me for now, thanks again everyone and good luck to those who made playoffs!
o7

Sometimes, team tours are wonderful experiences. I've experienced it with last year's world cup.
But now I've learned that, there are also times where some small stuff just keeps the tour from being truly enjoyable. That was the case this PL.

What's the culprit for this ? Well, surely NOT my team/teammates. You guys were all great in your own way and I wouldn't ask for another team than that one if I'd been to choose.
It just kinda sucks to enter the most important tour of the year when you're at your lowest, I guess. I felt like a burden through most of the lenght of the tour, and couldn't motivate myself to put some good prep/help as much as I'd have loved to. That led to 2 horrible performances and getting benched, and the last series I played ending up being one of the main reasons the team didn't reach play-offs truly feels awful to me. This absolute lack of confidence and feeling of powerlessness are things I don't want to experience again for sure...

Therefore, this could be my final team tour. I've not fully decided yet, but if I can't bring myself to turn the tables around, there's no use in signing up again.

Either way, on to a few shoutouts to end this post.
First to my captains bopher and sansho, you did a great job leading this team, and I'm sure your involvment deserved way better than this, boph. Also thanks for trusting me by allowing me to be part of the team, even tho it turned real bad at the end of the journey. I wish I did better to reward you for it.
Then to my teammates for being wonderful and goated, with a special mention to fragments and blanched. Both of you weren't expected and ended up getting fantastic wins and a great pool performance, congratulations.
I'm sure all of you deserved more, as well.
And last, to a few other people who made things a bit more bearable for me. Yash, parr0t (crow crumbs), gunderson, d2, smely... I'm thankful you were there at some point.

Thanks for reading, and "glhf" to those who will go on, in playoffs. I'll be watching from the side, for real this time.

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sometimes, team tours are wonderful experiences. I've experienced it with last year's world cup.
But now I've learned that, there are also times where some small stuff just keeps the tour from being truly enjoyable. That was the case this PL.

What's the culprit for this ? Well, surely NOT my team/teammates. You guys were all great in your own way and I wouldn't ask for another team than that one if I'd been to choose.
It just kinda sucks to enter the most important tour of the year when you're at your lowest, I guess. I felt like a burden through most of the lenght of the tour, and couldn't motivate myself to put some good prep/help as much as I'd have loved to. That led to 2 horrible performances and getting benched, and the last series I played ending up being one of the main reasons the team didn't reach play-offs truly feels awful to me. This absolute lack of confidence and feeling of powerlessness are things I don't want to experience again for sure...

Therefore, this could be my final team tour. I've not fully decided yet, but if I can't bring myself to turn the tables around, there's no use in signing up again.

Either way, on to a few shoutouts to end this post.
First to my captains bopher and sansho, you did a great job leading this team, and I'm sure your involvment deserved way better than this, boph. Also thanks for trusting me by allowing me to be part of the team, even tho it turned real bad at the end of the journey. I wish I did better to reward you for it.
Then to my teammates for being wonderful and goated, with a special mention to fragments and blanched. Both of you weren't expected and ended up getting fantastic wins and a great pool performance, congratulations.
I'm sure all of you deserved more, as well.
And last, to a few other people who made things a bit more bearable for me. Yash, parr0t (crow crumbs), gunderson, d2, smely... I'm thankful you were there at some point.

Thanks for reading, and "glhf" to those who will go on, in playoffs. I'll be watching from the side, for real this time.
Yo, I just couldn't let this pass without commenting. I know I'm not in the team, but playing isn't the only way you help your time. Chat Presence, building and testing are as important. Don't let this discourage you from joining other team tournaments, everyone has their bad performances and it passes. Just wanted to remind you that you beat me in ORAS WC, so maybe you were slotted in the wrong generation. Things happen, you just need to try and move on.

Murm

formerly Murman
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Fragments sniped me to this, but I'm still going to write this. Now since the Poli's are out, I just wanted to say how great of an experience this has been. I feel like I have grown a lot. This was my "first" real team tour (TTT exists ig idk), and being drafted was even kind of unexpected for me, not even saying going 5-2. I learned a lot about myself from this, mainly with mental and, well, game 1. Yeah I'm sorry if I made you die inside ice beaming an Aggron and knocking off a Zarude. I learned a lot about mental, especially with my games against Alice. There was so much more I learned, but I won't mention them here, this is already long enough. I also want to s/o all of the Poli's; getting to know you all was a blast and I hope I can build and talk with all of you more. Also I want to shoutout all of my opponents.

magicarpe_lvl100, don't be so hard on yourself man, you still did really well throughout this whole tour, and our games were super fun and close.

Aliss, you are absolutely goated, and playing you was both a blast and an honor. Its sad that I choked super hard g4 and didn't get to g5 but it was still really fun, I hope you do really well in playoffs, and I hope to play you in the future.

Rellia, our set was great, and sorry about getting you dweebed :/.

smely socks you are a wonderful person, one of the 1v1 players I'm closer too, and our set was super fun. I was glad to play you.

pqs while the circumstances were kind of stupid, you still played super well, and it was a fun set, no matter how tilted I was afterwards.

crucify our games were great, and you were an awesome first bo7 opponent.

Tricking our games were really fun. I hope you continue to play 1v1, as you are a super good player.

Sorry for mentions btw, but I just wanted to show my appreciation for all my opponents. It was a blast to play you all, and you all played really well. I hope I can be apart of more team tours in the future, and for those who are still in, have fun, that's what is important.

Edit: Changed some of the greats, because people didn't like it. Also Tol thought it was being mean to you guys, so sorry if you felt like that.

Last edited:

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
s/os and stuff. overall im happy with how I played this PL. 4-3 and all my losses were in 5. that last part makes me think how well I could have done if I just won a handful more games, but overall I had a good time and am happy.

Elo Bandit, you have reaffirmed my belief that you are the best teammate in 1v1. You helped so many slots and really made sure that we as ready as we could be. I'm glad to have you on my team for World Cup. Thank you.

Akumajou getting to know you better over the course of the tournament has been great. can't wait to host majors with you and...

lei, you're awesome to be around and really helped the team with morale. take care of yourself

dogknees gonna miss you man. I'm glad I got to be on a team with you before you quit.

OM always an excellent teammate, was a pleasure my friend

Murman0064 you made the difference in several weeks, good shit

Krytocon you're a great team presence, was awesome having you around :)

Euphonos Quantum Tesseract thanks for starting me in SM

@our allies thanks for helping us when you didnt have to

vamos rhyperiors y porygons

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Obligatory PL experience post.

I'm happy to have finally done my first real team tournament experience, I don't really count 1v1 WC, because as many of you know I was innocently and hilariously public about a bizarre relationship I got into, and pretty much dipped mid pools, so while Central went on to win, I didn't feel like a winner. This time there was no latina's to distract me, nice try 1v1 PL bingo, so I actually played the whole way through.

Before this tournament started, I was expecting a big job opportunity of mine to start during week 1, and when I learned I had to wait (still waiting), I was left with way too much free time on my hands and zero responsibility, so I had way too much time during this tour to overthink, obsess, and overwhelm many people. I wish this time for me was more quality over quantity, but sadly it could not be so with the way I function. Even with this, and me going insane at times, I am thankful that I have this community and 1v1 in general TO dive into, and that I at least had something to focus on during this world of infinite free time. I had a lot of fun during this tournament, I loved prepping for my opponents, seeing my ideas come to fruition and watching them succeed (mostly), learning from mistakes with prep tendencies and plays, and having fun with teammates suggesting the craziest shit. From getting 3-0'd by finch, seeing triple gren get a win, to everything crazy that happened to the scolipedes during the season and being literally ONE SERIES AWAY from being in playoff contention a;apaisuknca;so lkaasdfczbmbbbbbbbbbbb, to ending in the best way I could ever imagine, counter lombruh securing my bo7 victory LOOOOOOL, it was a somewhat dissapointing but still very fun ride.

Squirtell 1v1 and Mr. Mime fan , had a lot of fun building with you and while the tournament didn't end up how we wanted, it was very rewarding to see the times we intentionally built something, and it worked and succeeded. Especially yash for breaking the DPP curse (hell tier). D2TheW , parr0t the SWSH gang, had a lot of fun talking and testing SWSH with you guys, even with my crazy ideas and tangents we went on. SoulWind was very cool meeting you, and learned a lot from you talking about your team tour experience, you have a goated mindset, which is shown in turning 0-3 to 4-3. Felucia for coming in at a moments notice to play for [REDACTED], and even tho you didn't play how you wanted to, it was fun to see you talk about SM and support the team. Maki lucky ass player, glad we got you. Thankfully you didn't have to face any gengars! fallen soldier SICEXV wish you coulda played the whole tour but whatevs, your teams were sick. THIS MACHINE sorry you couldn't use triple PZ but double dnite seemed to suffice, thanks for coming on. And lastly crucify , had a lot of fun managing with you. While I am not happy with the quantity of time I spent on the server, I think we balanced eachother out and I am thankful that you kept me, and the team in check, and while this season did not end up how we wanted, I think the Scolipedes started to form into what we envisioned, albeit too late.

I love to see the interest in 1v1 by newer players like BlanchedAlmond and bea , which no matter their record, reminds me that 1v1 is always hype, and there is always more to learn and be excited about and everyone can offer a new perspective on the meta. I loved seeing newer players like Murman0064 and Euphonos pop off using crazy sets and crazy teams, breaking standard rules and flexing the potential creativity that 1v1 has to offer, in new AND old gens. I am also thankful for all the people in the 1v1 zoomers discord, dealing with my insanity but on a serious note, I really do enjoy interacting with everyone and talking about 1v1 and all sorts of other shit, it adds a layer of enjoyment to my time in 1v1. and a special shoutout to smely socks and Rellia for being an especially helpful people during these past months of my life.

And one final note to the teams that made playoffs and the players in those teams, don't be afraid to lose, be afraid to not have fun.

Aight, long af sentimental post about my experience on a pokemon simulator over, bottom line, 1v1 is still hype, and always will be hype to me, and I am excited to see how the playoffs turn out. Please to god don't bring boring ass teams, you don't have to bring Lombruh like the SWSH KING himself (me), but cmon, bring some cool shit. especially in ORAS, that tier is goated. Bring mons and teams that excite you. I plan to do 1v1 PL content as well, so stay tuned for that on Youtube.

Godspeed.

damb cant believe i almost forgot to post this
lrxc idea tier list

s
double infernape
blizzard alolawak
lariat only wiki berry lax (vetoed by squirtell)
lombruh

a+/s-
weakness policy custap bullet seed heracross
apicot linoone

a
power up punch quag
modest naga bulked for kart (timid would have more spa)
204 hp naganadel (has sludge bomb and sludge wave)
custap urshifu-s
av trick klutz golurk (to tank hydreigon)
bd glowbro
calyrex
specs geezing (loses to every fairy)
overgrow frenzy plant rillaboom

b
aron instead of mgyara as third
scarf dig weavile
sub toxic dig scolipede
shedinja
pz pz camel
iron tail naganadel
drampa
alolawak as third
sub 3 attacks exploud
dig arcanine

c+/b-
special metagross that beats sableye
specs meteor beam necrozma
cryogonal as third

c
rotom-not heat
bulky sub laser focus pheromosa
scarf buzzwole
salazzle as third
silvally
snarl sharpedo w/ lorb and endure

d (actually not bad)
[redacted for posterity]

LRXC jokes aside, you were always a joy to work with & genuinely helpful more often than not - wishing you nothing but the best :3

s/o Mr. Mime fan for "@bird#1034 list"-ing me a lot, a good number of these would have slipped through without you chief.

Last edited:

rumia

i like to play and draw
is a Pre-Contributor
that was certainly an unforgettable experience to say the least

shout outs lei for being perfect as always
shout outs Elo Bandit for being a stellar teammate and a very dedicated team member and player
shout outs Boat for being an awesome teammate and a great player
shout outs Euphonos Quantum Tesseract for giving me the opportunity to play this tour
shout outs to the rest of my team for being cool

till next time

Elo Bandit

youtube.com/ EloBandit
is a Community Contributor
This was a really exciting tournament for me because I was able to step out of the role of a player and into the role of a coach/mentor for the first time. I had a great time building, testing, and practicing with nearly every slot. I'm sad our run is over but I'm happy to have made a positive impact and I look forward to next time!

Shoutouts:

Euphonos for being an excellent leader - consistently formal, polite, and capable of winning week after week. Thanks for inspiring us all to play our best!

Murman0064 for stepping up in a big way this tour, building for all the SS slots and taking over Best of 7 with a win vs Crucify and a 4-0 vs Tricking! Absolute legend, can't wait to see what you come up with next tour.

Boat for keeping team spirits high, for winning in SM and for flexing to SS when it made tactical sense. It's always fun building and practicing with you, and I appreciate the level of tournament knowledge you bring to the table.

Akumajou for winning with some of my teams in SM and contributing to our victories.

OM for being an excellent builder and battler in ORAS - once again there's no one I'd rather have locking down gen 6.

Quantum Tesseract for helping all gens and pulling off the best Monopoke score this PL.

dogknees for being the star bo7 player we needed to grow our confidence as a team. You helped us all a ton.

Krytocon for helping so much with SS and BW, you were an indispensable team member and I'm extremely glad we drafted you.

Itchyfoot for building and playing SS against some terrifying opponents, I appreciate everything you did for the team.

lei for giving me your SM spot that one week, for the amazing art, and for the Poliwraths spirit that kept us going these last seven weeks.

superstrike66, Vrji, Maxomega, Notater, Mattorr Is Cute and Hypokemaster for providing essential team support through building, testing, and subbing in when we needed you.

Kentari and Felucia for being the best opponents an SM player could ask for. I learn something every time we play.

Alakazam for hosting yet another engaging and competitive 1v1 tournament. It's been a ton of fun and I look forward to next year!

Thank you all for another wonderful Premiere League!

Last edited:
gonna keep this short and sweet

-s/o lvl100Blaziken and BlanchedAlmond, you guys are some of the most dedicated new players I've seen and really gave this tour your all. you were both some of the best teammates I've ever had and I hope you both stick around
-s/o the rest of slakings too, our cord was kinda dead but I had a really good time teaming with y'all. for those I'd never teamed with before, I'm glad I got the chance, and for those I have, it was a pleasure yet again
-s/o to nalei, crucify, d2, lrxc, rellia, boat, and the entirety of zoomers for being the reason I play these tours. it's no fun to do it alone and you guys make it all worth it

finally, an enormous shoutout to Bopher. I've played more than a few tours on my time here and you easily take the cake as the best captain I've had. it's rare to see someone as dedicated and optimistic as you are, but you learned a new tier while building 5 slots and still took the time to know all your players personally. I was impressed with and learned from you every step of the way, and I think you embodied what every leader should strive to be. this man deserves all the credit in the world for making our team what it was

sorry for not getting the three-peat, maybe next year I'll get to change my pfp to 3 1v1 premier leagues

Last edited:

Rellia

love this view
is a Tiering Contributor
hihi s/o time
nalei- naleioat it was soo much fun teaming with you, I always knew I could count on you. One of the best, if not the best ss player in the pool, I have no idea how you win with some of your sets but you always come through. Your help teambuilding and looking over my teams was so incredibly helpful, I owe my victories to you. I look up to you as both a player and a person, keep doing you because you're great. lets run it back in wc

tom- che bravo tom!!! sono molto impressato da te!! thats about where my italian skill ends, so i'll continue in english :x This was my second time teaming with you (GOATS), and I've always appreciated your support and skill. Very sorry to put you up against such strong players, your record does not reflect your skill. I think you're so much better than 0-3, keep bringing your cool teams and keep hitting with Durant, rooting for u in ssnl

adela- You've definitely got the skill needed to do well in 1v1, I hope that I was able to help you learn the tier more. I just hope my advice/teambuilding help was good enough.. Looking forward to seeing you more in the future, I think you're a great player.

landon- goat landon I'm glad you were able to demonstrate that you've still got it and you're still one of the best sm players. I really respect how you've been here for so long and have always been dominating, your teams/picks never fail to surprise me. I also hope to team with you again in wc

frosty- obviously it sucks going from 2-0 to 2-4, but I'm glad you never gave up and kept putting in the effort to do well. You're gonna go off in one of these tours someday, I already know it.

bea- ahh bea... I hope my extremely limited oras knowledge helped you. Throughout the tour, I saw you improve so much. Your resilience and energy honestly motivated me to keep going too.. I feel bad that this was your first 1v1 team tour experience, I just hope it was a good one for you

alive- really appreciated your oldgens expertise and advice, sorry we couldn't get the 3peat for you. hope to see you in wc

ink- this was a tough tour for you, really sorry I couldn't help you out more. However I still think you're one of the best dpp players right now, hopefully you'll get the chance to prove it again soon

rosa- Thanks for convincing me to manage with you, this was certainly a huge learning experience for me. You were great in covering the oldgen stuff that I couldn't really help in, you also performed super well too! 5-2 is super good and I'm happy to see you do well

FINALLY shoutouts to smely socks pqs akumajou nalei (again) for being my number one supporters, yall have helped me so much both in mons and with irl stuff, i appreciate it so so much
also s/o to zoomers/everyone else for being real ones, u know who u are

love yall hope we get to team together again sometime, gl in life/mons feel free to hmu if u need anything
Okay so I kinda just wrote this stuff about my experience this tour, read if you want, if you don't that's fine :)

Coming into this tour, I certainly didn't expect to be managing, but I talked about things with Rosa and eventually she convinced me. Results aside, I would say that this was a really cool experience, I learned a lot about managing/playing/building/supporting the team etc. I really doubt I'll ever manage a team again, but I think you shouldn't have regrets in life and I certainly don't. Hopefully I can take this stuff I learned and use it to perform well in the future but we'll see i guess. I'd like to stick around for world cup (assuming I get drafted this year Lol) and I'll probably play next pl but obviously i have no idea where i'll be in life at that time.

Lastly I'd like to apologize to my team. I'm definitely not happy with my own performance during this tour. I was getting hard outprepped and outpicked every week, I lost hope for a bit and that certainly affected my play. It was nice to get those 2 wins at the end, but those only came after we were confirmed out of playoffs lol. I also feel terrible about not being able to help out the slots more, specifically the oldgens where I really lack a lot of knowledge. People say that the cord was super dead (not really wrong) and I take full responsibility for that. feel free to blame this tour on me, once again i'm really sorry
forza regalia

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
woooo 2 am shoutouts/reflection!!!

Rellia Rosa It was fantastic playing for you. I really enjoyed this tour and the environment we had with you and all of our teammates. Going into the draft, Regalia was one of the teams that I was most hoping to end up on and though I wish things ended differently for us, I'm proud to be here. Was also super helpful going into prep every week with my opponent's replays laid out and sometimes picking habits so thanks for that too!

Adela frostyicelad bea Inkreativ UBERLandon21 Tom842 alive Hii! We mostly didn't talk much bar adela and rellia in the last couple weeks and bea outside of tour contexts. I wasn't a very active teammate and I'm sorry to you for all of that; I should have done better. If I'd been helping our SS prep for the whole tour I really think we could still be in this so I really do think I'm largely to blame. I also didn't put in enough effort into my own prep. It was not acceptable for me to prep day of half the time and day before the other half. I should have been an undefeated star for you instead of just a solid player. I think a much broader downfall of our team was lack of activity which obviously, I was a major contributor to. That said, spending the season with you was a pleasure and I love you all. If you're looking for analysis on how well these people played, go read some other shoutout post idk I'm not an esports journalist.

Waylaid smely socks Felucia Boat STABLE pqs Akumajou DEG ExplodingDonkey Rellia again bea again @allofmyotherfriendssorryififorgotyouimreallytired @moderation HI. Thank you for putting up with me erratically spamming your PMs with obscure lyrics, TMI rants, stupid shitposts, and sharing in my joy. All of you make my life a lot more happy, fulfilling, and less lonely. I cherish you.

Last edited:

Landon

im in that tonka
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Rellia Rosa I'm super grateful that you two had full trust in me to be able to play and drafted me. I've been super inactive in terms of 1v1, so you were taking a chance with me and I'm certainly glad you did! Ik things didn't go how we wanted, but was still a fun experience nonetheless. Like Nalei mentioned, it was super helpful to go into my channel and have the replays of my opponent laid out in front of me.

alive bea Inkreativ frostyicelad Tom842 Adela Nalei I've been so out of touch with the 1v1 community that I didn't even know who bea or adela were prior to this pl! It was nice to finally meet you guys and get to see you guys in action. I also will admit I was not super active in terms of talking with the team or helping prep for the other SM slot. I think ultimately the lack of communication and activity between all of us was where things went astray. I also should have put more time in to prep as I only built for G2S and should have focused more on a game plan in the days leading up to my games rather then worrying about stuff the day of. 5-2 is ok, but I feel if I was more focused I for sure could have done better. While we all didn't achieve the outcome we wanted it was still a fun time. I wasn't sure about joining PL as I had not played in a hot minute, but I sure am glad I did!

Lastly, s/o to all the people that played games w me and helped me test. Gl to the remaining teams left!

D2TheW

Amadán
Meant to do this yesterday but I was hella busy. This was my first 1v1 teamtour and I had a great time with a squad I got along great with. Was super happy with a 3-1 record vs some tough opponents and beating Dogknees when we couldn't afford to lose had me ecstatic even if it didn't matter in the end lmao. Also happy that I did it mainly with my own teams, pretty sure I built more for these 4 games than I did in either of my ssnl runs kek. crucify LRXC big thanks for drafting me, hope I was worth the 3k :)

Crucify: You were disappointed with your record but you were the guy who kept this team ticking over, without you we'd have lost every week. You're a great manager and a hell of a player, and sure look it, twill be grand. Can't believe you took away my image perms in makis channel what the fuck

Lrxc: Nearly 51,000 lines man what the fuck looool, nearly 10 times more than me. I know you didn't like having that many lines but your enthusiasm really is infectious and it's been a pleasure to watch you work/work with you. Please never build swsh again.

Sice: Free my mans, I 100% believe we'd have made poffs if you didn't get banned, goatered player.

Bird: Fun af guy, super underappreciated by people not in the cord, your help in swsh prep and cord presence were a blessing. You'll turn that record positive next time, I'm sure of it.

Maki:
image0-7.jpg

Sorry for all the things I did in your channel but they motivated you to win :]. Actually the goat tho, 5-1 and your only loss you were 3-0d all 3 games lmao.

Squirtell: Ay man, anyone can have an offtour don't be too hard on yourself, you'll always be the goat in my eyes. You didn't talk much but when you did it was always appreciated and you vetoing Lrxcs Lax set was the funniest thing in the whole tour.

Nicc: One of my best friends on this site, undefeated record what a goat.

Sw: Mans turned 0-3 into 4-3 and people didn't seem to notice, absolute goat outside of untier dpp

Yash: You the unluckiest mf I've ever seen what in the actual fuck. Once you find out how to break whatever you've been cursed with you're gonna be a hell of a player mate. Keep at it.

Felu: Thanks for :happyswad: and your great team presence. We've been friends for a while and teaming with you was a riot, enjoy your retirement from tours :).

ojr gm :comfyblob:

Bopher: God tier support as always, thanks for the help

Leru: I fucking told you that you'd lose to special zera, never question me again. You cool tho, go get an spl trophy.

Smely and Relia: Frens in the chat :)

If I forgot anyone it's because you left the cord and I'm braindead, gl to the people in poffs except eblurb

pqs

Banned deucer.
eulogies for poliwraths + slakings

tbh once people found out euphonos and quantum tesseract teamed together to captain 1v1pl, people made fun of this. it felt like some sort of alternative timeline. fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you view it, this was reality.

when captains were announced, this sentiment was continued. this pair would probably be really out of touch. and even worse, this team name fucking SUCKS. pyramid of poliwrath? who thought this was good?

anyways, right before the draft rolled around these guys purchased quantum tesseract for 4.5k LOLOLOLOL. he is worth that i suppose. they went in with the idea that the bw pool was free and that qt is good at mons. maybe he could salvage some wins. buying euph was good tho, he's good at dpp, 10.5k is probably worth it.

then the draft happened and the general consensus was that this team was one of, if not, the worst. this was due to a pretty poo ss (apart from dogknees), a sus bw slot and overall weirdly large amount of randos/unproven players. and what was the synergy supposed to be here?

week 1, they CLOBBERED the slakings. the hero himself murman did in fact win, as well. things were looking up for the team with the worst name, if week 1 was anything to be repeated.

the following week, they were absolutely dogged by the rhyperiors. they had the same lineup as week 1, meaning there could be insonsistencies.

unfortunately for the poliwrath, their week 1 win would be their last. murman kept on winning (and after losing to pqs, created a memorable copypasta) but this team simply could not win. dogknees even went negative in the end. om + bandit support locked down the weak ass oras pool decently well, but their 18k akuma did notably bad. their ss3 was horrendous and their bw went 1-7 even though there were only 7 weeks (iykyk). the only players to really prove themselves on an ambitious team like this were murman and phiwings, who went a combined 9-5. they were actually in playoff contention week 7, but after a thorough beatdown (with some alt drama) they ended up eighth LMAO.

"poliwraths were pretty fucked from the beginning with qt being insanely inactive and euphonos doing pretty badly in mock drafts and saying that he'd do very weird overpays" - a concerned user

there's not much to say about this team. people thought the draft would be wack and it was. a few cheap players doing well was unexpectedly good, and bandit seemed to serve a good role on this team, even though akuma did poorly. euphonos is a good dpp 1v1 player, but he's not super in touch with the community it seems.

bopher + sansho was a last minute signup in a terrible pool and it was projected to be a pretty mid team since both of them are pretty quiet and don't really seem like the manager type. then, the draft happened.

scrafionite for 11k was their first pick, which was decent since HE WON FRICKING 1v1 CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!! (all on his own). next pick was waylaid for 9k which was a massive hit or miss after him going from an insane record and winning pl in PL 4, to having gone 1-2 in a pretty mid pool that people at the time expected him to go 3-0 in.

a little later they got lbdc (i guess they were trying to recreate bbb?) which was a bit of a high price of 17k but he did really well in pl so it was fine i guess. then they get synon for 17k LOL that guy was literally dead before pl and has done mediocre in every pl for a while. they were definitely going for a bbb repeat but literally nobody on the team other than maybe waylaid would be active in the team chat and they needed to fix that.

they got acii next who is also dead as fuck lol, and then carpe blanchedalmond and lvl100blaziken/fragments who all had relatively no team tour experience outside of carpe owning deg in wc.

initially this team was projected to be pretty mid (unless you're asking rosa), they seemed to have a really good lineup but there was basically no backbone to it with all of the players not being very talkative and there being questionable support / plans for if someone does bad and needs to be subbed.

their starting lineup looked okay, bopher in ss7 seemed good at the time and carpe/waylaid as ss5 was not the best but could pull a couple wins. their sm core was honestly fire if they tried, 2 frita dudes acii and lbdc have both done well in the past and could definitely do well here. oras scrafionite is weird af because it seemed like he wasn't gonna get dom support that time and have you ever seen a scraftionite 1v1 team? bw sansho is solid as long as he tries. synon was another big risk since he was paid for 17k with no good PL results in dpp.

week 1 LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL THEY GOT BODYBAGGED 6-2 BY POLIWRATHS THEY SHOULDA JUST QUIT THEN, but really, that had to be terrible for morale. their only wins vs that team was QT and itchy who had some of the worst records on the tour along with no notable tour experiences. that blowed for slakings.

week 2 they beat predicted number 1 seed catgirls 5-3 which was actually a pretty sweet win, though there's starting to be a pattern with bopher and synon both being 0-2 and every player that started those two weeks being even. sansho was the only positive player that had started both weeks. carpe also got subbed out after being slayed by murman, for fragments, a relatively new player to 1v1 with a decent seasonal under his belt. fragments beat fucking xsc 3-0 as his first pl performance which was amazing. things were looking up for slakings.

week 3 losing to rhyperiors kinda blowed but rhyps had been on fire before and got first seed at the end of the whole tour anyw. synon was now 0-3 and bopher subbed himself out. they needed a comeback.

week 4 winning 5-3 vs scolipedes was nice really nice for them, they now had 4 points and only needed 2/3 more wins. their new blood fragments/blanchedalmond were also both 3-0 and 2-0 in ss respectively. bopher moved over to sm and snagged a win vs radu's lover. synon also finally won a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! things were looking down for their other slots, though. sansho went from 2-0 to 2-2, lbdc is now 1-3, and acii cancered. they got arctic out of all people for god knows why and proceeded to not slot him at all for the next 3 weeks. this team needed to get its shit together instead of having fluctuating slots.

week 5 they popped off, again. this time with an even better record vs the regalias going 6-2. their ss newblood carried once again, though rellia and adela arent really known to be the most challenging opponents. their sm also did well, bopher snagging a really good win against previously 4-0 player landon, and lbdc winning (he is still 2-3 though). scraft owned bea. synon also beat inkreativ so he's also now 2-3. sansho lost to rosa which was pretty dissappointing. they're finally picking up steam.

week 6 they're against thwackeys, most considered to be the best/second best team. they lose 3-5. it was mostly predicted to end like this, but this loss shouldn't be ignored. it really shows the amount of inconsistency in the team. all 3 of slakings ss got clobbered and both of their sm did too. this was obviously a big loss in morale for them since those were previously their strong suits. their old gens are now doing strong unlike before though, albeit a win vs gohar alt 1000000000, !roll 4-8 radu, and dez aren't the most impressive victories. it's all up to week 7 now to decide if they're in or not.

LOLOOLOLOLLOLLOLOolkdfsoigjnsweheifdbspnfdfen THEY GOT 1-7ED BY PORYGONS WHAT HAPPENED THERE LOL. anyways, dc3 owned lbdc 3-0 in one of the cringiest chat series ever. that win you know already hurt the very fragile slakings morale and the now 2-5 lbdc. bopher beat tol next in one of the least hype games of the whole tournament. tol played like shit and threw so hard. we next see yami beating fragments????????????? i thought yami "played" dpp dude wtf. that had to be hard for them. they're 1-2 now. right after that finchinator beats scrafionite in a not so close series. potatochan also beats sansho. the slakings are 1-4 right now, and one more loss means they're guaranteed to be out of playoffs. all of their faith is in waylaid, synonimous, and blanchedalmond to win. people favored the former 2 to win......... and then waylaid just lost to smely in the most anti climatic series ever. from there nobody cared and they lost 1-7. sad!

overall this team looked good but they lacked synergy and the energy to keep themselves going. a lot of these players are quiet people and rely on others to keep the team discord active. there were also some really big risks taken like 17k synon and 10k acii (who was super inactive before that) which both went pretty badly in the end. bopher and sansho did both do pretty well though for what was expected of them, but should probably stick to being drafted instead of managing.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Welp, the season's over for us, unfortunately. I gave my shoutouts to the team in the server, so this post'll be more of a personal reflection on the season as a whole.

Before the tour started, I was thinking about managing again. Once the matter of who's hosting was settled, I knew I had to go for it, but I really didn't know how to approach it this time around. The first thing I knew I had to do was get a comanager; managing alone again would've just led to another season like last year's. When I was discussing the idea of managing in the server, I remember at some point Stable suggested that I comanage with Rellia. At first I didn't really think much of it, but as I thought more about it, I actually came to like the idea; Rellia's a very solid player who's been around for much longer than people would think, and is someone who'd help cover SS, since I knew I was likely gonna be doing ORAS or BW. While the end result is a bit unfortunate with him being just short of going positive, I'm still grateful to have been able to manage a team with him through victory, defeat, and a few too many ties for my liking-

As for my own run as a player this year, I'm sure many were surprised to see me going for the BW slot. In all honesty, I probably wouldn't have went for it myself if not for my run in Classic; SM just seemed watered down at that point in time with very few people innovating in a meta that's still rife with potential, ORAS was a lot of the same old same old in both the builder as well as what other people used in addition to a dwindling number of people who'd actually play it over something else, DPP seemed healthy but centralized to the point where it might come at risk of quickly becoming boring if I focused on it for too long, and SS I didn't want to overload alongside my Seasonal run at the time. BW, out of all these, actually seemed like the tier most rife for creativity, even despite Kyurem-Black and Dragonite at the time making it much more of a pain to be creative. Now that we're near the end of the tour, I'm glad to see how things have developed (and still are!), with multiple Pokemon that were previously unthought of coming to see usage and getting wins. While that development may unfortunately hit a wall and be forced to wait for WC once PL is over, I'm definitely glad to at least have been a part of it even if the corrupt council still hasn't ranked my Scyther nom from forever ago yet

As for the overall season as a whole, I feel like this PL has been simultaneously surprising and not surprising, if that makes sense- I really don't know how to put that to terms any better so I'll leave it purposefully ambiguous
. Looking back on my initial power rankings after the draft finished, I'm glad to see that I actually almost perfectly nailed who the playoffs teams would be, other than the team who snuck their way into playoffs, including the robbery from the team that should've made it in- I think probably the biggest takeaway from this PL is just how much larger 1v1 has become from when I started out and rose to prominence vs where things are now; lots of people who were either completely new to 1v1, so old that they seemed new to others, weren't new but didn't really have a history of popping off, etc, all got to really make a name for themselves, which is always great to see. My message for people like that, people like Murman0064, tears, Finchinator, lvl100Blaziken, Tricking, Trashuny, etc, is that I hope you all continue to enjoy your time in 1v1, and that you can all come to find an appreciation and understanding for partaking in the community as I did when I first got started making a name for myself here. Thanks for giving us a try :)

With that said, I do have a bit of a rant that I need to get off my chest-
While I am grateful that there are more eyes on 1v1 nowadays than ever before, this growth comes with the cost of there being a lot of new people who struggle at getting with the program. I think this is best illustrated with the absurd number of chat speculation cases we've had this year. Consider the following:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1274765373
I Wonna Be: i see chople horse
I Wonna Be: ooo

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1276770423
adam3560: go lickitung

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen41v1-1276990953-p2r9rk0xp83s8s7wkvdkoul711aqflrpw
dr should: registeel

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1277490179
tapukokoxd: go zera
tapukokoxd: go zygarde

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1277493278
tapukokoxd: z v c

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1277496862
tapukokoxd: e vs u

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-1291914495
HYDREIGON SPECS: Lead heatran here
HYDREIGON SPECS: Now you should try using a
HYDREIGON SPECS: Dark pulse
HYDREIGON SPECS: or a super effective move against meloetta

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-1301337384
MoonPsychic: USE THE GARDEVOIR

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen51v1-1301315993-3e7m0h64c6pe6tsoic24eiesccspzd2pw
rock thatbbody: go thundurus he’s going suicune

Initially, I was gonna go through all 7 weeks, but sifting through just week 1 alone took ages so I only did that one and a couple of other cases that I recalled-

Quite frankly, that's a shitton of speculation. With games often being linked in the room, it's pretty easy for some random to just walk in and say what's on their mind without knowing what ghosting and speculation even are. In some cases, this speculation was coming from people who weren't even in the room, so I feel that some of them were for sure alts trying to fuck around with the tour. Either way, a very easy resolution to both issues is playing on smogtours, where only people with verified smogon accounts get to talk, meaning these cases of speculation would ideally drop to zero. While I have had my reservations with smogtours in the past, the server has actually been updated quite a bit so that players can be more accommodated. The only difference nowadays is just the autotimer, which I know may very well be a divisive issue for some people- My personal take is that if you mind chat ghosters more than you mind having an abundance of time to think about your pick, and don't just wanna prevent everyone from being able to chat or otherwise have to manually roomvoice everyone, then perhaps give smogtours a try!
Lastly, major shoutouts to Alakazam and PA for hosting this tour and making it have no major controversy for the first time in... 3 or 4 years? Good shit. Set dump thread when, though?

Looking back on my initial power rankings after the draft finished, I'm glad to see that I actually almost perfectly nailed who the playoffs teams would be, other than the team who snuck their way into playoffs, including the robbery from the team that should've made it in-
Do you feel satisfaction over your own team's loss by trying to discredit another team who earned their spot in playoffs? Based on your not subtle jab in the team name thread I presume you are referring to Thwackeys, and I don't even know which team you think should've made it in over them, not to mention that they could lose 2 points and still have enough to make playoffs.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Do you feel satisfaction over your own team's loss by trying to discredit another team who earned their spot in playoffs? Based on your not subtle jab in the team name thread I presume you are referring to Thwackeys, and I don't even know which team you think should've made it in over them, not to mention that they could lose 2 points and still have enough to make playoffs.
1 point
2 points
3 points
Extra credit
Extra credit

Was referring to Slakings (and upon looking deeper into this, the Scolipedes as well!), whom with this difference would have been at 7 points, while Thwackeys would be at 6.

I apologize if what I initially said was discouraging to the Thwackeys. I'm sure they'll do great, now that they seem to be coming at it with renewed passion and a lot to prove. Suffice to say, however, it's hopefully clear which team I thought had the stronger performance throughout the main season.

1 point
2 points
3 points
Extra credit
Extra credit

Was referring to Slakings (and upon looking deeper into this, the Scolipedes as well!), whom with this difference would have been at 7 points, while Thwackeys would be at 6.

I apologize if what I initially said was discouraging to the Thwackeys. I'm sure they'll do great, now that they seem to be coming at it with renewed passion and a lot to prove. Suffice to say, however, it's hopefully clear which team I thought had the stronger performance throughout the main season.
And this is all assuming that Slaking never haxed a game, and that Thwackeys never lost to hax. Maybe you're right, frankly I cba to check 8 games from all 7 weeks in a mons sim, but I at least remember zio losing a 93.75% roll against close. Not to mention the unfortunate situation with Ryenix causing them to lose loads of potential differential had a different player been passed broken Stable/Kaif teams in bw. Furthermore, only ONE of those hax wins had to happen for them to tie Slakings in points, and then Slakings would lose in differential, and at that point, mons is mons. There was surely some amount of luck involved, but calling it a robbery is a disrespectful stretch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)