Tournament 1v1 Premier League VI - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1642951023097.png

art by awa

It's time for 1v1 PL VI, starting off with deciding team managers. Only post in this thread if you would like to sign up to manage a team, player signups will be coming later. Everyone (past, and new managers alike) are required to sign up if you wish to manage with no exceptions. You are allowed to sign up as a solo manager (i.e. you do not necessarily have to sign up with an assistant manager anymore.) Managers will be chosen based on a number of factors, such as prior experience in team tour leadership, experience with the 1v1 metagame, and general good behavior on Smogon and PS!. The following format should be used:

PS! name:
Assistant Manager:
Preferred team:
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details):

This year we're introducing franchises. No team will change names and we will provide the logos. The 8 available franchises are: Hellfire Heatrans, Metro Boomin' Megarays, Drive-By Dragapults, Big Baller Barraskewdas, Hyperspace Horrors, RPS Rhyperiors, Trigger-Happy Thwackeys, and Playful Panchams.

This year's format is:
  • SS 1v1 Bo7
  • SS 1v1
  • SS 1v1
  • SM 1v1
  • SM 1v1
  • ORAS 1v1
  • BW 1v1
  • Multigen
Manager signups will close January 23rd. The hosts will announce the selected managers and open player signups shortly afterwards.

Felucia and I will be hosting this edition of 1v1 PL. If you have any questions, please reach out to either of us!

Last edited:

Elo Bandit

youtube.com/ EloBandit
is a Community Contributor
PS! name: Elo Bandit
Assistant Manager: Murman
Preferred Team: Hyperspace Horrors (or Hellfire Heatrans)
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details):

I was a manager last World Cup and a coach last PL. I've been heavily involved with 1v1 for the last six years, introducing many new players to the format and developing multiple gens of 1v1. I can provide team support for every slot and play SM & ORAS at a high level.

I chose Murman as my co-captain because he's a positive team presence, a top-notch sheet guy (always important), and he has an impressive record in SSbo7. His teambuilding skills and helpful attitude will make playing for our team a rewarding experience for newer players and veterans alike.

Last edited:

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS! name: DEG
Assistant Manager: Itchy
Preferred team: Metroboomin' Mega Rays / Playful Panchams
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): Been in this community for years so I know everyone and have knowledge in most relevant gens, I have managed a lot of teams before, and when it comes to 1v1 I have managed 4 times in 1v1wc, and once in PL which was last year where my team made playoffs. Itchy is also an active member of the community and has some metagame knowledge, plus they managed once which was last WC and their team made playoffs.

Last edited:
PS! name: STABLE
Assistant Manager: RTM
Preferred team: Trigger-Happy Thwackeys / Drive-By Dragapults
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): Won 1v1WC5 as a captain, made PL5 finals tiebreaker as a manager, made 1v1WC4 semis as captain and got to 1v1PL4 finals tiebreak as a shadow manager. Outside of 1v1 I managed and won two 2v2 Premier Leagues in a row and managed various Discord tournaments making playoffs every time. As a builder I can build every single format at a top level and as a player I've won Multigen Seeded, SS 1v1 No Johns, made SM Cup and ORAS Cup finals (and Classic playoffs twice) other than being one of the most consistent team tournament performers. RTM is a relatively new player that has been very involved in the community, thus being familiar with a lot of the newblood, and that has been doing very well in recent individual tournaments, covering where I may lack in SS knowledge.

PS! name: crucify
Assistant Manager: Bopher
Preferred team: Big Baller Barraskewdas
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): We both managed last pl, I played in pl4 and won with this team name and shadowmanaged wc4 and wc5. Boph also played in wc4. We’re both active and know the community well, and between the two of us we cover all the gens of 1v1 both building and playing wise.

PS! Name: Mubs
Assistant Manager: Here Comes Team Charm!
Preferred Team: Drive-By Dragapults / Playful Panchams / RPS Rhyperiors

I've made semifinals of 1v1 Premier League V and 1v1 World Cup V as a manager alongside being one of the members of the 1v1 PL IV Drive-By Dragapults, which also made semifinals. I've been in the 1v1 Community for a few months short of 4 years at this point, playing for even longer. I hope that being a mainstay in team tournament discussion alongside qualifying for both 1v1 Classic and Championships consecutively helps toward my case of being a good manager candidate.

HCTC is a bit more recent than I am, but they've both managed in 1v1 PL V and captained in 1v1 WC V, being able to make the postseason in both. They've also shown great competency in Gen 8, winning a seasonal, going positive in the most recent teamtour, alongside being a VR Council Member and a long term maintainer of the 1v1 Sets Compendium.

Last edited:
PS! name: CallMeJJok3R
Assistant Manager: Yami
Preferred team: Hellfire Heatrans
I've been apart of 1v1PL every year, even a OMPL. So I've seen what makes a good manager, and a great one. Every year I sign-up with more knowledge than I would have in years past. Seeing first hand what a team environment needs to be despite the record is key to not only succeeding but enjoying ourselves. I want to manage because I believe in my ability to support others and supply them with what they need to have a good environment and successful tournament. (No Magikarp, just pepe business) <--- bad moto but you get the idea :p

I asked Yami to be apart of this because they share the same believe they can help guide not only a winning team as they have before. But because they share the same belief as me ; with wanting to have a stable environment where we can have fun.

PS! name: Mishlef
Assistant Manager: N/A
Preferred team: Edit: Trigger-Happy Thwackeys / Metro Boomin' Megarays / anything but horrors

While being an unofficial captain for WC I led alongside Mubs + Jamez the team to semifinals in WC V. As a manager I would be able to support the SS slot with teams as well as QCing teams in older gens such as SM which I did extensively in PL V. Being a relatively new player it might seem off putting for lack of experience but as seen in the drafts (which are I’ll admit aren’t the best metric) I have been able to draft very competent teams. Finally, I have a very competitive mindset which I hope would be inspirational and conducive to a fun yet competitive team tour environment.

Last edited:
PS! name : Closeee :slaking:
Assistant Manager : DenisTheMenace :metagross-mega:
Preferred team : Hellfire Heatrans / Metro Boomin' Megarays
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details) : I’m a veteran player who’s been around in the community for 4 years now. I’ve played in just about every official 1v1 tour since I started, I can play almost every tier to a high level and I’ve managed to find success pretty consistently. Thus, I’ve accumulated a ton of experience which I’m sure could prove useful should I be picked as a manager. Although not officially, I was also one of the leading figures in SEU back in World Cup V. As for my co-manager, Denis, he has about the same amount of experience as I have and is one of the most proficient SS players in the circuit as well as one of the most consistent 1v1 team tour players of all time. Last but not least, he has had managerial roles in the last 2 World Cups achieving good results (semifinals in World Cup IV, win in World Cup V). We both love challenges and have a competitive mindset and so we would love to try our hand at managing a PL team. I believe that, with our combined playing experience and knowledge of the playerbase, we have what it takes to draft a competitive team and make it an enjoyable environment

Ps name: Jamez
Assistant manager: PA
Preferred team: Hyperspace Horrors
Why would I be a good manager:
I’ve had a ton of experience managing and captaining. Some examples are, co-captaining east in wc 2, that team went to finals. Managing in pl3, co captaining in wc 5 which northeast went to semifinals there, co managing in umpl, that team went to finals. And finally, co captaining the most recent 1v1pl where we won that tour. Overall I’ve had a bunch of experience leading teams and had some pretty good results in most of them. I can also provide lots of building support for the team since I know lots of old gens. My co captain, PA, is also a great choice for a manager. PA has managed tours like blt and hosted a previous PL. So he also has experience playing in team tours and some experience managing as well. We both have been in the 1v1 community for a while and know the community well enough to put together a good team.

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
PS! name: smely socks
Assistant Manager: Leru
Preferred team:
1642375876806.png

I've been in the 1v1 community for a few years now and know the community better than just about anyone. While I haven't actually managed before I was on c?o the last 2 years where we won and then reached finals as well as on the porygons last year when i got carried to another trophy. Leru on the other hand was one of the people carrying me to my second trophy and is also the king of monopoke. He's also familiar with tours outside of 1v1 (has 2 real trophies you can click his profile and see) so I think we would do great this pl together :D

PS! name: Potatochan
Assistant Manager: tears
Preferred team: Trigger-Happy Thwackeys / Hyperspace Horrors

I pretty much managed the porygons last PL, as I created the lineups every week and was helping every slot, even DPP in which I had very little experience. I supported Finchinator for him to go 6-3, 6-1 in weeks, in a tier he had never played before (and one I had never built before). After some growth as a player since last PL, I now believe I can support all gens at a high level.

I chose tears as my co because I want a manager who can take SS off my hands. A huge problem with last PL was that our SS3, ORAS, and BW rarely won in the same week because I was stretched too thin with building. Similarly, in WC I had to build every single team used in SS, meaning I had very little time to help other slots and my own teams were half-assed. With tears as my co, I can focus more on building my own slot + old gens.

PS! name: Nick.see
Assistant Manager: Doc1203
Preferred team: Hyperspace Horrors
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details)

I do very well in room clashes.
I beat tenzhii in multigen just now with minimal hax.
I got semis in the ttt thing.
My assistant manager Doc numbers played in the 1v1wc to the tiebreak and is currently having success in tournaments such as the 1v1 Global Cup, and the serverwide PB tournament.
In addition to this I have participated in many mock drafts in preparation for this PL and have drafted moderately decent teams due to my intensive knowledge of all generations.

Last edited:

Jabiru

formerly ThatCabbageGuy
PS! name: Jabiru
Assistant Manager: Boat
Preferred team:
Playful Panchams/Hyperspace Horrors
Whilst I personally have no managerial experience, I am an active user within the community, and subsequently know said community very well and have taken up active roles in previous team tours providing support beyond my slot. I've also personally played four different gens in 1v1 team tours, returning positive results in three out of four meaning I am well equipped to support my teammates in whatever format they find themselves playing. Boat has been a part of the 1v1 community nearly as long as I have, (both making our tournament start for the Frozen Articunos in PL III which showed us both what not to do in constructing a PL team), and has a been hugely active member of the community (former 1v1 TD, RO and long-time mod), who managed his team to finals in PL IV and has captained US West for the past 3 years.

PS! name: Kentari
Assistant Manager: Trashuny
Preferred team: Any
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): I've been playing 1v1 since 2016 and been playing team tours since WC 1. I managed the Dancing Diancies to 1st seed in PL2 and runner up finish basically by myself. (Jeran didn't play 1v1 and I did everything). Trashuny won the 1v1 Tag Team Tour playing multiple gens and made the finals of the ORAS cup. We teamed together in PL5 and made the semifinals. I'm one of the best SM players playing today and Trashuny has played a variety of old gens and SS and knows many newer players. Between us, we know every gen well and know what a good team environment looks like. I think we'd be a very competitive team and would work well together.

Last edited:

frostyicelad

Ghosts can't go through doors, it's not fire
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RBTT Champion
PS! name: Frostyicelad
Assistant Manager: not a racist
Preferred Team: Big Baller Barraskewdas (i was on that team at one point) or any that's available
We've both managed a plethora of tours, both of us also being recipients of an rbtt best manager award (don't let people tell you it's not important, it is; trust.) I also managed and led a team to victory in the most recent edition of TPP, which not a racist was also a part of (GREAT chemistry). Both not a racist and I have also been a part of all the recent big 1v1 team tours, and I also managed a young and inexperienced team India to a TB in the qualifiers. We might not be the best playing manager pairs, but I'm sure we'll more than make up for it with experience and solid management.

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
PL VI Managers
1552238751601-png.png

Hellfire Heatrans
Manager: Close
Assistant: DenisTheMenace

1642951904743.png

Metro Boomin' Megarays
Manager: DEG
Assistant: Itchy

1642951913473.png

Drive-by Dragapults
Manager: Mubs
Assistant: Here Comes Team Charm!

1642951919474.png

Big Baller Barraskewdas
Manager: crucify
Assistant: Bopher

1642951926285.png

Hyperspace Horrors
Manager: Jamez
Assistant: PA

1642951933588.png

RPS Rhyperiors
Manager: Elo Bandit
Assistant: Murman

1642951940022.png

Trigger-Happy Thwackeys
Manager: Potatochan
Assistant: tears

1642951946246.png

Playful Panchams
Manager: Kentari
Assistant: Trashuny

Manager Signups are now closed, and Player Signups will be available momentarily.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)