1v1 - The Old Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Landorus-Therian is perfectly fine where it is in A- rank, able to beat many Pokemon such as Gyarados-Mega, Tapu Koko, and Mimikyu, as well as many others.

inb4 bUT gYARaDOs beATs LANdoT BECauSe WatER vS GRouND
I guess the rank is fine but the matchup is EVEN, but definitely in Lando's favor.
Gyarados can be invested in tons of ways, so even after intimidate, waterfall can or cannot 2hko and possibly score a flinch. Or, Gyarados can dragon dance. If no flinch, then Lando has to bulk up, and go for rock tomb. (Groundium users): This is where a read comes in; if the gyarados mega evolves, tectonic rage will hurt it. If not, it will miss and Gyarados gets a free turn to win. Flyinium users can use their z-move any time they want. Gyarados can go for ice fang, but this is almost never seen on the ladder.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Heyo. Here's some viability shift suggestions:

Naganadel B+ ---> A-
Naganadel is a very anti-meta mon, and with a combination of the timid and modest specs sets can beat every tapu save scarf lele, (given proper evs), every non scarf kyurem (sounds silly to say but it is half of all kyurems), a good portion of metagross sets (besides slow specially bulky, but those are more niche in a speed heavy metagame), zygod, slowbro, venusaur, jumpluff, primarina, most chars, most magearnas, mawile, pinsir-mega, and even speedy dragonite with multiscale, if its speedy.

Mega-Mawile A---> A-
Mega Mawile's raw power is nothing to scoff at, but recently it has been falling behind, especially in USUM. Virtually every new addition to the USUM metagame has been a hindrance to Mawile (Stakataka, Naganadel, Zygarde-Complete, Blacephalon (I acknowledge sucker punch, but not every Blacephalon set runs choice/4 attacks), along with the legalization of Blaziken.

Mega-Pinsir A- ---> B+
2 weeks after the introduction of zygarde-complete, I think I have seen maybe Three mega pinsirs used on ladder. The standard defensive set has murdered Pinsir usage. That being said, If Zygod is banned come February 4th, his usage will go back up, and he is still respectable, but not nearly as threatening as pre-Zygod, so perhaps wait until the Ban/No Ban decision is made to change his rank, if at all.

Mew B- ---> B/B+
Two words: Kee Berry. This evil berry has finally made Mew relevant in Gen 7, besides the gimmicky Genesis Supernova. If you aren't a dark/bug/ghost type, if you aren't a faster taunt user, its over. It feels very, very similar to Deoxys-Defense, though not to that degree because a lack of Pressure. In any case, given it's severe annoyance and effectiveness, it deserves to be ranked among mons like Chansey and Jirachi

Zygarde-10% D ---> Unranked
What does this mon consistently beat again? Heatran? It's pitiful defenses paired with typing that all of the metagame is naturally prepared against (thanks to it's older brother and kyurem-black) leads it to being a new dog with no new trick, unable to kill anything before it is killed itself.

That is all, I believe.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Heyo. Here's some viability shift suggestions:

Naganadel B+ ---> A-
Naganadel is a very anti-meta mon, and with a combination of the timid and modest specs sets can beat every tapu save scarf lele, (given proper evs), every non scarf kyurem (sounds silly to say but it is half of all kyurems), a good portion of metagross sets (besides slow specially bulky, but those are more niche in a speed heavy metagame), zygod, slowbro, venusaur, jumpluff, primarina, most chars, most magearnas, mawile, pinsir-mega, and even speedy dragonite with multiscale, if its speedy.

Mega-Mawile A---> A-
Mega Mawile's raw power is nothing to scoff at, but recently it has been falling behind, especially in USUM. Virtually every new addition to the USUM metagame has been a hindrance to Mawile (Stakataka, Naganadel, Zygarde-Complete, Blacephalon (I acknowledge sucker punch, but not every Blacephalon set runs choice/4 attacks), along with the legalization of Blaziken.

Mega-Pinsir A- ---> B+
2 weeks after the introduction of zygarde-complete, I think I have seen maybe Three mega pinsirs used on ladder. The standard defensive set has murdered Pinsir usage. That being said, If Zygod is banned come February 4th, his usage will go back up, and he is still respectable, but not nearly as threatening as pre-Zygod, so perhaps wait until the Ban/No Ban decision is made to change his rank, if at all.

Mew B- ---> B/B+
Two words: Kee Berry. This evil berry has finally made Mew relevant in Gen 7, besides the gimmicky Genesis Supernova. If you aren't a dark/bug/ghost type, if you aren't a faster taunt user, its over. It feels very, very similar to Deoxys-Defense, though not to that degree because a lack of Pressure. In any case, given it's severe annoyance and effectiveness, it deserves to be ranked among mons like Chansey and Jirachi

What does this mon consistently beat again? Heatran? It's pitiful defenses paired with typing that all of the metagame is naturally prepared against (thanks to it's older brother and kyurem-black) leads it to being a new dog with no new trick, unable to kill anything before it is killed itself.

That is all, I believe.
The reason Zydoggo is D is because it can sometimes beat non-Scarf Kyurem-Black variants. But yeah, that's basically it's only niche over Zygarde-50%, and to be frank, I'm not entirely convinced it's even good enough to be D.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Naganadel B+ ---> A-
Naganadel can beat very many things, I agree. I do not however, think that it belongs in A-. For me, the main distinction between the B and A ranks are how reliable the upper ranked mons are. They can always be expected to put in work. Naganadel has a problem in that area. It wants to be able to beat Kyurem-B, Mega Charizard X, Mega Metagross, Tapu Lele, Dragonite, Landorus-T etc reliably, but bulkier EV spreads or Choice Scarfs just put an end to it. For that reason, I think Naganadel should not rise.

Mega-Mawile A---> A-
Agreed, the meta hasn't been kind to Mega Mawile, and Magearna has always been better than it.

Mega-Pinsir A- ---> B+
Usage does not equal viability, and to the contrary, lower usage can make a mon/set all of the more threatening. Despite this, I would have to agree that most of Pinsir's sets are at a B+ level. It does have one set, however, that is easily A- in my book, and since the mons' ranks are supposed to be reflective of the Pokemon's best set, not most used sets, I don't think it should drop.
Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 60 HP / 192 Atk / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Giga Impact
- Earthquake
- Substitute

This set beats Magearna and Mega Mawile, sometimes beats Aegislash, and doesn't autolose to Mega Metagross like most Pinsirs.

Mew B- ---> B/B+
Two words: Kee Berry. This evil berry has finally made Mew relevant in Gen 7, besides the gimmicky Genesis Supernova. If you aren't a dark/bug/ghost type, if you aren't a faster taunt user, its over. It feels very, very similar to Deoxys-Defense, though not to that degree because a lack of Pressure. In any case, given it's severe annoyance and effectiveness, it deserves to be ranked among mons like Chansey and Jirachi.
Agree with Mew rising to B. Kew™ is super nasty to face and a lot of teams are unprepared to deal with it.

It loses to quite a few things that the big version can take on like Donphan, but due to its ability to spam Sub to proc Power Construct, it's not a huge disadvantage. As Dramps said, its niche is that it beats non-Scarf Kyurem-B. Note that it also beats Mega Gyarados and Mega Charizard, just like 50%. D is a rank for Pokemon that have tiny niches, and that's where Zydog belongs.

I'm adding this since it's not here already,

Rhyperior Unranked --> D or something

Rhyperior was the most recent project in a 1v1 workshop. The set may seem weird, but it makes Rhyperior actually much better. And it's quite an improvement, I'll tell you.

yours (Rhyperior) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD
Brave Nature (Or Sassy)
IVs: 30 Spe
- Rock Wrecker/Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Metal Burst

The assault vest, ev's, and solid rock let Rhyperior tank moves as strong as Zard-Y's Solar Beam, and it also tanks other special attacks to the point that Heatran's flash cannon is a 3HKO. Its base 140 attack stat comes out really strong. Watch as Dragonite, KyuB, Crustle, Zard, and (sometimes) Jumpluff fall to rock blast.

That being said, it is far from flawless. Grass and Water types are still problematic for it. Primarina can take it out with water without even investing at all. It can also be walled n' stalled, by Pyukumuku, Celesteela, and kee berry Mew.

Ultimately, this thing is pretty good and it deserves to be ranked (again; it used to be last year).

Last edited:

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Naganadel B+ to A-
I pretty much agree with people wanting to rise Naganadel up. I've been toying with it and facing it a lot on ladder thanks to the recent CLC and I can say it is an underrated threat. Its typing and stats are just enough to punish metagame trends just as Non-Scarf Kyurem-Black, Non-Scarf Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Landorus-T, Non-Scarf Porygon-Z, Zygarde Complete, both charizard and much more depending on its coverage moves like Thunder Bolt / Air Slash or Dragon Pulse which gives it the possibility to defeat Mega Venusaur, Mega Heracross and many more. Naganadel is frail, but it is powerful and it doesn't need to even tank a hit to win. A lot of teams are 3-0'd by Naganadel as it is a serious threat if you do not prepare for it. It does lose to Mega Meta depending on the set, Sturdy Users and others but it doesn't really have to beat the whole metagame to be A-.

Magearna A to A+
This Pokemon should probably rise, it is a really versatile Pokemon and new recent metagame trends gives it the advantage. The (new) Fairium-Z set can bypass a lot of Pokemon that the Specs set cannot, such as Specially Defensive Pokemon, Mega Metagross (50/50), Dragonite and it can go against Groundium-Z sturdy users like Donphan and Golem with some bulk. It also beats a lot of trend Pokemon such as Kyurem-Black, Mega Gyarados, Mega Lopunny, Porygon-Z and more. But the main point here is that Magearna gained a new set and isn't as one dimensional as it was before, Iron Defense / Calm Mind with Fairium-Z and the Specs set are different and allow Magearna to adjust its checks and counters depending on the team. Additionally, sets have little to no opportunity loss and aren't niche or whatsoever.

Metagross-Mega A+ to S
This is like one of the most versatile Pokemon in the metagame and it really keeps on getting better. Its moveset keeps on evolving and has many options to pick from, from Bullet Punch, Meteor Mash, Ice Punch, Earthquake to Zenheadbut and others. All of that coupled with a great ability before and after mega evolution plus a great typing that allows it to beat prominent Fairy-type Pokemon and great bulk allowing it to be tweaked to live even the scariest attacks such as GigaVH from Tapu Koko. Some sets also run Magnet Rise to defeat Sturdy Pokemon. Mega Metagross is really unpredictable and defeat as many Pokemon (Maybe some less) than Mega Gyarados and Kyurem-Black. It is as versatile as them and as terrifying as them so it should be in the wave.

There's some Pokemon in B and lower ranks but I'll post later.

dom

Banned deucer.
Hot takes
Gyara isn't worse than Kyub. Kyub runs icium and scarf.
Gear isn't a+. Okay a new set was discovered, that doesn't mean it automatically should shoot up to a very important meta game defining rank
Gross isn't S. Wooooooow, you have 2 coverage slots. Sick.
Naga is a-. Fire mon.
Kee berry mew rocks and is b
Rhyperior sucks and shouldn't be ranked in 2018
Lele isn't a+. With gear trending right now it just isn't great. Never was imo.

Hot takes
Gyara isn't worse than Kyub. Kyub runs icium and scarf.
Gear isn't a+. Okay a new set was discovered, that doesn't mean it automatically should shoot up to a very important meta game defining rank
Gross isn't S. Wooooooow, you have 2 coverage slots. Sick.
Naga is a-. Fire mon.
Kee berry mew rocks and is b
Rhyperior sucks and shouldn't be ranked in 2018
Lele isn't a+. With gear trending right now it just isn't great. Never was imo.
Nothing but the literal truth. That magearna set isn’t new. It’s months old. Swaggg just doesn’t hang out with you guys.

Kee berry mew rocks and is b.
Ya’ll are welcome. S/o my boy fireeee and the dude in the gen 6 thread who posted it. Run Amnesia instead of Seismic Toss, though.

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I also love when a nomination gets countered with a one liner. I'm not nominating Magearna cause new set. I'm nominating Magearna cause with the combination of both of its sets can accomplish and defeat many Pokemon in the metagame. Magearna is a threat in the metagame. Specs and Fairium-Z can defeat a lot of metagame threats and trends also its typing helps it a lot so intead of saying "lol new set" you can write arguments telling us why do you think it doesn't deserve a rise.

Tapu Lele A+ to A: Agree
It's being used with Specs and Scarf but still, recent metagame isn't favoring it right now. There's a lot of Steel-type Pokemon and faster heavy hitters running around and Tapu Lele doesn't beat that many. It was great at the beginning of the generation but right now it doesn't have the same impact it used to have. I'm not saying that Tapu Lele is bad at this moment, it is still a good Pokemon but not on the level of Tapu Koko and Mimikyu.

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
Well.. I haven't posted in a while.. . Altaria-Mega: B---->B-
Altaria is one of my favorite megas and one of my favorite megas to use. Since I started to play 1v1 in late ORAS, I have been using m altaria and trying to make a "perfect" set and try to rise the mons viability. Since then tho, I have realized that m altaria is one of the worst dragons to use in 1v1. First, Altaria is outclassed by Kyu B, Naganadel, Char X, Dragonite, Zygarde-C, etc and shouldnt be used over these mons as it isnt even the best dragon mega (that goes to Charizard X easily). Also in the B rank, there are mons waaay better than altaria like chansey, sawk, jirachi, (this thing can rise) and even Meloetta. Altaria has a niche though as it has a very high damaging move in giga impact from pixilate + STAB and can crush opponents from +1. It also has a nice typing with Dragon/Fairy typing. A downside of that dual typing though is that u still take fairy types super effectively and take tons of damage from lele, koko, magearna, mimikyu,(if not boosted from cotton guard ;-;) and mega mawile. One positive side about mega altaria is that u no longer take super effective hits from dragon moves and that u can take on some dragon types excluding naganadel and kyu b. I hope u can now and more clearly see why Mega Altaria needs to drop AT LEAST a sub rank.
Also, DROP MEGA HERACROSS! THAT THING SHOULDN'T BE B+!!!!

pqs

Banned deucer.
Well.. I haven't posted in a while.. . Altaria-Mega: B---->B-
Altaria is one of my favorite megas and one of my favorite megas to use. Since I started to play 1v1 in late ORAS, I have been using m altaria and trying to make a "perfect" set and try to rise the mons viability. Since then tho, I have realized that m altaria is one of the worst dragons to use in 1v1. First, Altaria is outclassed by Kyu B, Naganadel, Char X, Dragonite, Zygarde-C, etc and shouldnt be used over these mons as it isnt even the best dragon mega (that goes to Charizard X easily). Also in the B rank, there are mons waaay better than altaria like chansey, sawk, jirachi, (this thing can rise) and even Meloetta. Altaria has a niche though as it has a very high damaging move in giga impact from pixilate + STAB and can crush opponents from +1. It also has a nice typing with Dragon/Fairy typing. A downside of that dual typing though is that u still take fairy types super effectively and take tons of damage from lele, koko, magearna, mimikyu,(if not boosted from cotton guard ;-;) and mega mawile. One positive side about mega altaria is that u no longer take super effective hits from dragon moves and that u can take on some dragon types excluding naganadel and kyu b. I hope u can now and more clearly see why Mega Altaria needs to drop AT LEAST a sub rank.
Also, DROP MEGA HERACROSS! THAT THING SHOULDN'T BE B+!!!!
uhh no
altaria is unpredictable in what sets it could choose able to use both physical and special altaria.
Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Cotton Guard
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Hyper Beam

Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Cotton Guard
- Roost

EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bulldoze
- Giga Impact
- Return

EVs: 64 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Roost
this just shows the start of altaria's versatility, well deserving of it's current ranking
its able to beat mons like: gyara, uop kyub, tapu koko, landorus-t, lopunny, metagross actually i never calced for this set but i think cotton guard wins, and much more,,

maybe ill add more when never

DEG

The night belongs to you
Altaria-Mega B to B-: Disagree
Mega Altaria cannot be compared to other Dragon-type Pokemon, it is quiet unique. It isn't really limited to DD+Giga Impact and it's not its best set anyways. Cotton Guard + DD can defeat many great Pokemon counting Sturdy Pokemon, Mega Metagross (depends), Fighting-type Pokemon, Zygarde-C and others. Mega Altaria is a more on the set-up side and isn't like Naganadel a Choice Specs Pokemon or Kyurem-Black a direct Z-offensive users and can be compared to Zygarde-Complete. Though both have different typings and item slots giving them different matchups. Furthermore Mega Altaria isn't as niche as Terrakion, Latios, Hoopa-U and others.

Mega Lopunny A to A-
Mega Lopunny isn't as effective as it was when it came back to 1v1 but is still a great Pokemon to have. People got used to Mega Lopunny and recent metagame trends aren't really helping it. The increase of Steel-type Pokemon which resists Fighting-type attacks such as Mega Metagross and Magearna gives Mega Lopunny a hard time. Additionally, Flame Charge Charizard can defeat Substitute sets while the new Stall Pokemon Knee Berry Mew is getting more and more usage. Mega Lopunny isn't bad and can be paired with Pokemon that beat them but Pokemon that it used to beat have fallen at this moment.

Snorlax A- to A
There's not a lot of things that changed for Snorlax, it was just given the wrong rank. Snorlax is the face of Sleep-inducing moves and one of the reasons they may be considered broken. With Yawn, Z-Belly Drum or Z-Edge Snorlax can either defeat many Pokemon with Z-edge just as Porygon-Z (Non Conversion-Ghost), Greninja, Tapu Koko, Naganadel and many more, or cheese out the victory with the help of Sleep-turns per example against Steel-type Pokemon and Golem. Belly Drum also allows it to easily defeat Stall Pokemon (bar Unaware users) such as Mew, Chansey, Blissey, Mandibuzz. It can also beat many threats with the mixture of both Sleep Turns and Z-edge depending on the EVs or Pokemon its facing for example Mega Charizard, Primarina, Tapu Fini. Yes, it is countered by all Ghost-type Pokemon but are pretty rare bar Mimikyu and Aegislash and can use its teammates for that. Also Snorlax beat pretty much a lot of high ranked and trending Pokemon at this moment.

Excadrill C to B-
Excadrill is more than a niche option and it has unexplored potential. I used the Steelium-Z to success and helped me reach the end of 1600~ ELO on ladder last time. Excadrill has two sets Groundium-Z and Steelium-Z which both takes on different Pokemon and it depends on the team. Steelium-Z allows Excadrill to defeat Kyurem-Black, Magearna, Golem, Mimikyu, Tapu Lele and many others. While Groundium-Z focuses more on Steel-type Pokemon such as Mega Metagross. Excadrill also has access to Substitute and Sword Dance which allows it to take on Bulky-Charm Pokemon like Mega Venusaur, Chansey, and the recent Iron Defense Magearna. It also beats Snorlax, Tapu Koko, Porygon-Z with both sets. It loses to Water-type Pokemon and fast offensive Pokemon such as both Charizards that's why I'm not going to rank it farther but it's a dope Pokemon.

\\o//

A few nominations for some of my old school heat mons that I think are still pretty damn good:

Suicune for C-
Suicune @ Waterium Z
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 20 Def / 164 SpA / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Calm Mind
- Mirror Coat

What it beats: Mega Charizard (form-based 50/50), Curse Mimikyu, Dragonite, Magearna, Mega Mawile, Aegislash, Landorus-T, Porygon-Z, Zygarde, Mega Aggron, Blaziken, Donphan, Garchomp, Scarf Genesect, Golem, Greninja, Naganadel, Primarina, Tapu Fini
Why it's not higher: Suicune is actually pretty solid if you look at all of those mons it beats. The reason why I'm nominating it for as low as C-, though, is because it simply loses to Mega Gyarados, Non-Specs Kyurem-B, Tapu Koko, and most Tapu Lele.

Haxorus for D
Haxorus @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Scarf and Groundium are some other possibilities

What it beats: Non-Scarf Kyurem-B, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Dragonite, Magnezone, Non-Scarf Porygon-Z, Snorlax, Mega Venusaur, Zygarde, Golem
Why it's not higher: Kyurem-B exists lol
Why it's not lower: Haxorus is 2 base Speed faster than Kyurem, allowing it to beat Mimikyu and Kyub. It also learns Superpower and Earthquake, which allow it to beat Snorlax and Tapu Koko, who would typically beat Choice Band Kyub.

Cloyster for D
Cloyster @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 68 HP / 192 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear
- Barrier

What it beats: Non-Taunt Mega Gyarados, some Kyurem-B, Mega Charizard X, Mimikyu, Dragonite, Landorus-T, Mega Pinsir, Zygarde, Donphan, Garchomp, Golem, Jumpluff
Why it's not higher: Cloyster loses to just about every Steel or Water type in existence minus Gyarados and Excadrill and also has base 45 Special Defense with base 50 HP.

Deoxys-S for C
Deoxys-Speed @ Psychium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 176 HP / 120 SpA / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Psychic
- Recover

Other possibilities include PP stall and Specs

What it beats: Most Kyurem-B, Mega Charizard X (prediction reliant), Tapu Koko, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Lopunny, Specs Magearna, non-SD Mega Mawile, Landorus-T, non-Metal Sound Magnezone, Mega Pinsir, Porygon-Z, Mega Venusaur, Blaziken, Donphan, Garchomp, Golem, Mega Heracross, Naganadel, Primarina, non-CM Tapu Fini
Why it's not lower: Why was this ever unranked? It's honest to god a really solid mon - just take a look at the above list...
Why it's not higher: That being said, many of the things it supposed to check have certain sets that can work around it like Kyurem-B using a Choice item or Magnezone running Metal Sound.
Agree except for Cloyster. I don’t think it’s very good. Beating Lando-t and Dragonite with a pokemon with Icicle Spear is not exactly the most amazing feat. If we add it, I propose dropping something else from D. Haxorus is quite usable in a terrible kind of way. Gyffyrd runs Reflect Suicune which is pretty good too.

Altaria-Mega B to B-: Disagree
Mega Altaria cannot be compared to other Dragon-type Pokemon, it is quiet unique. It isn't really limited to DD+Giga Impact and it's not its best set anyways. Cotton Guard + DD can defeat many great Pokemon counting Sturdy Pokemon, Mega Metagross (depends), Fighting-type Pokemon, Zygarde-C and others. Mega Altaria is a more on the set-up side and isn't like Naganadel a Choice Specs Pokemon or Kyurem-Black a direct Z-offensive users and can be compared to Zygarde-Complete. Though both have different typings and item slots giving them different matchups. Furthermore Mega Altaria isn't as niche as Terrakion, Latios, Hoopa-U and others.

Mega Lopunny A to A-
Mega Lopunny isn't as effective as it was when it came back to 1v1 but is still a great Pokemon to have. People got used to Mega Lopunny and recent metagame trends aren't really helping it. The increase of Steel-type Pokemon which resists Fighting-type attacks such as Mega Metagross and Magearna gives Mega Lopunny a hard time. Additionally, Flame Charge Charizard can defeat Substitute sets while the new Stall Pokemon Knee Berry Mew is getting more and more usage. Mega Lopunny isn't bad and can be paired with Pokemon that beat them but Pokemon that it used to beat have fallen at this moment.

Snorlax A- to A
There's not a lot of things that changed for Snorlax, it was just given the wrong rank. Snorlax is the face of Sleep-inducing moves and one of the reasons they may be considered broken. With Yawn, Z-Belly Drum or Z-Edge Snorlax can either defeat many Pokemon with Z-edge just as Porygon-Z (Non Conversion-Ghost), Greninja, Tapu Koko, Naganadel and many more, or cheese out the victory with the help of Sleep-turns per example against Steel-type Pokemon and Golem. Belly Drum also allows it to easily defeat Stall Pokemon (bar Unaware users) such as Mew, Chansey, Blissey, Mandibuzz. It can also beat many threats with the mixture of both Sleep Turns and Z-edge depending on the EVs or Pokemon its facing for example Mega Charizard, Primarina, Tapu Fini. Yes, it is countered by all Ghost-type Pokemon but are pretty rare bar Mimikyu and Aegislash and can use its teammates for that. Also Snorlax beat pretty much a lot of high ranked and trending Pokemon at this moment.

Excadrill C to B-
Excadrill is more than a niche option and it has unexplored potential. I used the Steelium-Z to success and helped me reach the end of 1600~ ELO on ladder last time. Excadrill has two sets Groundium-Z and Steelium-Z which both takes on different Pokemon and it depends on the team. Steelium-Z allows Excadrill to defeat Kyurem-Black, Magearna, Golem, Mimikyu, Tapu Lele and many others. While Groundium-Z focuses more on Steel-type Pokemon such as Mega Metagross. Excadrill also has access to Substitute and Sword Dance which allows it to take on Bulky-Charm Pokemon like Mega Venusaur, Chansey, and the recent Iron Defense Magearna. It also beats Snorlax, Tapu Koko, Porygon-Z with both sets. It loses to Water-type Pokemon and fast offensive Pokemon such as both Charizards that's why I'm not going to rank it farther but it's a dope Pokemon.

\\o//
How about I give you Excadrill at C+. Running Sub Sd and a z-move isn’t the most amazing thing imo. Sure you beat Stall, but most Pokémon that sub on Charm and carry Sd beat the same Pokémon. And the opportunity cost is pretty huge running one z-move or the other. Plus it’s a ground type that can lose to Charizard, which can make it really hard to fit on a team. Being a ground type that loses to other ground-types makes things hard too.

I think Altaria might be B+ still. Cotton Guard is amazing. Crushing Zard X, Gyara, and Lando t at the same time with the same set is actually kinda hard. Also does well against Tapu Koko which just about any mon that beats the first 3 can’t say. And it does well vs Snorlax. That’s a pretty unique and useful niche right there. And you don’t even have to run Cotton Guard if you dont want to!

Manaphy should be ranked, right? It was a lot better in gen 6 but it’s not unusable nowadays. Certainly better than some of the other memes on the vr.

AESF was who I failed to shout out last time. 2 1/2 year old set lol.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-1v1-3v3-team-preview.3496773/page-15#post-6243734

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Huge VR Update! DEG to update op
Unranked > D
Unranked > D
Unranked > C-
Unranked > C
Unranked > C-
S > S+
A+ > S-
A+ > S-
A > A+
A- > A
A- > A
A+ > A
A- > A
B+ > A-
A > A-
A- > B+
B+ > B
B+ > B
B- > B
B > B-
C > C+
C > C+
C > C+
C- > C+
C- > C
D > C-
D > C-
C > C-
C- > D
DNU > Unranked
edit:
A > A-

Last edited:

Unranked > D
Agreed

Unranked > D
Agreed

Unranked > C-
Agreed

Unranked > C
Agreed

Unranked > C-
No Opinion

S > S+
Agreed

A+ > S-
Agreed

A+ > S-
Disagree.Tapu Koko is not by any means that good.It has a handful of 100% counters including Choice Band Dragonite and pretty much every Ground type.Even its Iron Defense set,while admittedly being able to defeat a handful of Pokemon,isn't enough to get it anywhere higher than A+

A > A+
Agreed

A- > A
Disagree.With Zygarde-Complete being legal,there is not much reason to use this Pokemon other than being able to use Rock Tomb versus Mimikyu and reliably beat Venusaur-Mega.

A- > A
Agreed

A+ > A
Disagree.I originally thought this pokemon wasn't that good,but after using it on the ladder I realised its full potential.Z-Psychic hits so damn hard,and utility moves like Calm Mind and Taunt are certainly in its Pros.Being walled by Steel types isn't cool,but you beat a big amount of the metagame at the same time.

A- > A
Agreed

B+ > A-
Agreed

A > A-
Agreed

A- > B+
DISAGREE.This pokemon is a monster.Great all around stats,access to the deadly Sleep Powder+Leech Seed+Synthesis combination,only 2 real weaknesses and even some more stalling potential with Charm.

B+ > B
Disagree.Solid speed tier,being able to outspeed both Charizard forms while still being able to utilize a handful of set like Dragonium-Z,Groundium-Z,Choice Band and even Choice Scarf

B+ > B
Agreed

B- > B
Agreed

B > B-
Agreed

C > C+
Agreed

C > C+
Agreed

C > C+
Agreed

C- > C+
Disagree.Scizor isn't capable of of defeating a lot of things,it is 4 times weak to fire and despite having access to utility moves,I wouldn't really say it's good enough for C+.Maybe C,but certainly not higher.

C- > C
Agreed

D > C-
Agreed

D > C-
Agreed

C > C-
Disagree.Stakataka is an amazing anti-meta pokemon,having the niche in being able to defeat Kyurem-Black,Tapu Koko and both Charizard forms with 1 set,while having an astounding defense stat.Its typing certainly holds it back,but C- isn't the place for it.

C- > D
Agreed?

DNU > Unranked
Agreed

This pokemon is a monster.Great all around stats,access to the deadly Sleep Powder+Leech Seed+Synthesis combination,only 2 real weaknesses and even some more stalling potential with Charm.
Sleep Powder and Leech Seed should never be on the same Mega-Venu set.

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
Aegislash A- ----> B+
I love Aegislash, as I used it in ORAS and I loved it. This generation, Z-Moves have been useful for Aegislash's viability for a while. But, getting on topic, I think Aegi should drop a rank. Aegislash has one viable set in the name of Ghostium Z which is most commonly special with the move Shadow ball. This can lead to predictability since most high ladder players (like myself) look at opposing aegis and say to ourselves, "Huh, okay, that's ghostium aegi." This can kinda hurts aegi as it can run multiple sets (not all completely viable) and increase its viability. Also, Aegi gets bombed by z moves even in shield form as its hp is pittyful But at this moment, Aegi's sets are predictable with shadow ball, flash cannon, shadow sneak, and kings shield. I hope Aegi sets get more diverse since Aegis viability is dying since it always runs the same 4 or 5 moves. I would like to see diversity like the old occa berry+ head smash set. Until then, I think Aegi need to drop a subrank.
ALSO, MEGA HERACROSS FINALLY DROPPED FINAALLLYYYYYY

Last edited:

ggopw

Banned deucer.
new update yay!
Unranked > D
Agree
Unranked > D
Agree
Unranked > C-
Agree heavily been using it recently and its p good (the glyx set with some variations) i even could see it a bit higher
Unranked > C
Agree
Unranked > C-
im beetween d and c- more towards d but ok
S > S+
Interesting kinda agree
A+ > S-
Agree
A+ > S-
Agree not a 100% but i do
A > A+
Agree
A- > A
this one is interesting too ig im fine with this too :-)
A- > A
same as lando
A+ > A
agree not a 100% but do
A- > A
heavily agreed dont want to talk anymore about this pokemon(since i voted ban)
B+ > A-
i do agree not completely but i do all tho i love this mon(best cteam mon)
A > A-
Agree maw is bad now :'((
A- > B+
Disagree this one is the first one i do disagree 100% this mon is amazing and it beats so much plus it has acces to s powder no way this is b+
B+ > B
Agree again b+ wouldnt be bad too
B+ > B
Finally
B- > B
Agree soo much even b+ doesnt sound that insane
B > B-
C > C+
Agreed that magnet rise set is p cool
C > C+
Agreed
C > C+
Agreed
C- > C+
Disagreed c wouldnt be that insane but c+ is ridiculous
C- > C
No oppinion i dont use this mon at all
D > C-
Agreed for sho
D > C-
Agree sort of
C > C-
No oppinion bc i havent seen it recently or thought about it but before i had the oppinion of him having an deserving rank
C- > D
Sure c- would be fine too
DNU > Unranked
uop did this

Overall: Im p happy with this update bar some exceptions and i love that so many mons i used and saw recently a lot got a raise the important thing is the vr is getting better and better by every update.

i can see m loppuny drop next and myb some other mons could change ranks but thats pretty much it :)

Scizor should go in c or back to c-, and here's why:

Scizor-Mega is great in OU as a revenge killer, bulky voltturn, and sometimes a defensive defogger. However, it gets to do NONE of that here in 1v1, forcing it to adopt a weird bulky, niche playstyle. Technician bullet punch is strong and counter is surprising, but the fire weakness ruins its matchups a ton. The only saving points are bullet punch, decent stats, and a Mimikyu/KyuB/MMeta check.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Sorry, I missed it: Mega Lopunny is dropping to A- too. I've been seeing a lot more backlash than I expected, so I'm going to do some explaining on some of the more controversial raises and drops.

Here's the reason I raised Scizor so hard: Osra
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Roost
- Laser Focus
- Bullet Punch
So this set beats non-Specs Kyub, non-Taunt Gyara, Mega Metagross, Mimikyu, Landorus-T for the mostpart, Snorlax, Zygarde-C, Mega Lopunny, Porygon-Z, etc. Curse and Laser Focus are just really good moves. That being said, C+ might have been too far.

It's honestly indisputable that Tapu Koko is at least S- and I'm surprised that anyone is disagreeing. Outside of Golem and Donphan, there's next to nothing outside of Choice Scarf users that counters this. Iron Defense+Roost has proven to be ungodly as of late, the standard offensive sets are still the best stallbreakers in the meta, and with Charge, it hits stupendously strong. Can't even reliably say if it's going to be physical or special at team preview.

This dropped because Substitute. Just Substitute.

DEG update it alreaaaddyy. I literally made a copy/paste for you T-T

+1 to LucarioAidan's nomination of Aegislash dropping

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Scizor should go in c or back to c-, and here's why:

Scizor-Mega is great in OU as a revenge killer, bulky voltturn, and sometimes a defensive defogger. However, it gets to do NONE of that here in 1v1, forcing it to adopt a weird bulky, niche playstyle. Technician bullet punch is strong and counter is surprising, but the fire weakness ruins its matchups a ton. The only saving points are bullet punch, decent stats, and a Mimikyu/KyuB/MMeta check.
How could you betray me ;-;

Here's why Scizor deserves B-, and more:
Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 140 Def / 32 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Let's take a look at what this set alone beats in the current metagame:

Gyarados-Mega - Blocked only by Taunt, otherwise, you basically can't lose. 1

Kyurem-Black - Do I even need to explain this one- 2

A+ Rank

Charizard-Mega-X - Definitely not

Metagross-Mega - Can't really lose, like at all. 3

Mimikyu - Mimikyu really can't dance around this one, no matter how hard it tries. 4

Tapu Koko - Nope.

Tapu Lele - HP Fire exists ig, but it's commonly believed that non-Psychium Lele is garbage, so.... 5

A Rank

Charizard-Mega-Y - Oof.

Dragonite - Only wins with Fire moves and the somehow-not-a-trash-meme Z Hurricane? 6

Lopunny-Mega - Fire Punch Lopunny, kek. 7

Magearna - If it isn't Iron Defense shenanigans, it's Specs HP Fire.

Mawile-Mega - Fire Fang is a risk, but not a common one. 8

A- Rank

Aegislash - Nah

Landorus-Therian - Only chance of winning is to bring Swords Dance, which is 5.2% usage at best. 9

Magnezone - You have a slight chance of stalling your way to a win if Z-Zap Cannon doesn't kill you and they proceed to miss repeatedly, otherwise, nope.

Pinsir-Mega - You have the options of either going for the 64.5% chance to 2HKO after a single Curse, since they cannot OHKO after Swords Dance, OR you go for a 2nd Curse and hope that they don't get the 31.3% roll on Giga Impact at +4. Either way you do it, the odds are pretty well off in your favor. 10

Porygon-Z - Tanks Scarf HP Fire. 11

Snorlax - You outbulk Z-Snorlax and Bug Bite steals the Berry from Recycle sets. 12

Slowbro-Mega - While you are indeed at a disadvantage in this matchup using my specific set, other, specifically more offense-oriented sets, can outlast Slowbro's Slack Offs while dealing enough thanks to Bug Bite's immense 32 PP.

Venusaur-Mega - Surprisingly, HP Fire and Charm aren't as high in usage as some would think. 13

Zygarde-Complete - Someone's gotta crit eventually, and with all the PP, odds are it'll be you. Not to mention some Zygarde don't even run Rest. 14

B+ Rank

Aggron-Mega - Taunt exists, but as long as you don't use Curse, you can just Roost off any damage you take and chip it down. 15

Blaziken - Not even.

Donphan - Basically no chance. 16

Garchomp - #JustUseFireFang 17

Gardevoir-Mega - Can't even Trace Technician for HP Fire to OHKO. 18

Genesect - Heck no

Golem - Same for Donphan 19

Greninja -
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Cannon vs. 252 HP / 32 SpD Scizor-Mega: 301-355 (87.5 - 103.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO 20

Heracross-Mega - Mandates the combination of Swords Dance and Close Combat to even have a chance. 21

Jumpluff - A slow and painful victory for Scizor. 22

Naganadel - Hope for a miss.

Primarina - Hope for a disconnect.

Tapu Fini - Hopeless.

B Rank

Altaria-Mega - Fire Blast oddly varies in usage based on which stats you look at. 23

Blastoise-Mega - Not particularly in Scizor's favor for anything.

Chansey - People have been running PP stall for god knows why, so odds are you'll eventually crit. Not even Charm is run that often, either. 24

Ferrothorn - A race to getting a single crit that's pretty well off in your favor. 25

Heatran - Not a chance.

Jirachi -
252 Atk Jirachi Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 140+ Def Scizor-Mega: 168-200 (48.8 - 58.1%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO literally a joke. 26

Kartana - What's he gonna do, HP Fire? 27

Meloetta - Specs HP Fire is mean

Necrozma - Specs Heat Wave is mean

Sableye-Mega - Beats Tauntless, loses otherwise.

Sawk - It takes a real hater to run Fire Punch. 28

Tyranitar-Mega - Why in god's name is Fire Punch so high in usage- Luckily, you still tank it, outspeed, and 2HKO. 29

B- Rank

Blissey - Only on the VR specifically for running Charm, so it definitely wins.

Buzzwole - Plays the bulky setup and recover game just as well, if not better.

Carracosta - Nobody runs special Carracosta yet, so we're good. 30

Celesteela - If you're not dead turn 1, you're hardwalled regardless.

Crustle - EV'd to guaranteed 2HKO with Bug Bite and Bullet Punch. 31

Diancie-Mega - Bruh 32

Durant - In the war of Steel Bugs, Scizor comes out on top. 33

Gengar-Mega - HypnoHex is a cruel mistress as always.

Hoopa-Unbound - Doesn't run Fire moves.

Latios - You'd actually be surprised how few people use Specs HP Fire. 34

Mew - If it were offensive Scizor, it'd be a 50/50 vs Kee Berry, otherwise, you just get Overheated.

Swampert-Mega - Even with broken sleep moves there isn't much of a chance. 35

Terrakion - Oof. 36

Togekiss - Flamethrower/Fire Blast are ran way too much for this to be a safe matchup.

C+ Rank

Archeops - Bop. 37

Avalugg - BopBop. 38

Camerupt-Mega - Bop :(

Gallade-Mega - Bop :) 39

Lucario-Mega - You beat Sub/Reversal, but the random other sets make things hazy.

Marowak-Alola - Nope

Medicham-Mega - You tank Fake Out and HJK and 2HKO. 40

Pheromosa - Modest Z-Focus Blast is a huge risk, but you beat everything else.

Tapu Bulu - lolno. 41

Umbreon - You just punch right through it with offensive sets. But even without offensive sets, a single crit out of 32 attempts isn't asking for much. 42

Victini - Nope

Volcarona - NopeNope

Whimsicott - Gotta run out of Subs eventually, though moves like Encore/Taunt exist, barely. 43

C Rank

Blacephalon - Ouch

Entei - OuchOuch

Excadrill - can force a 50/50 with Groundium if they know what they're doing, loses otherwise. 44

Garchomp-Mega - People don't run Fire moves on it, and Swords Dance isn't saving it. 45

Hitmonlee - Blaze Kick? ew. 46

Infernape - Ow.

Keldeo - OwOw.

Kommo-o - OwOwOw.

Landorus - OwOwOwOw.

Latias-Mega - Reflect Type is a cruel meme, but a frequently used one.

Ninetales-Alola - Ouch. 47

Pidgeot-Mega - Ouch

Porygon2 - Foul Play might eventually crit, but otherwise, you can't really lose, since HP Fire isn't even listed in usage. 48

Relicanth - It takes a lot to somehow not win this matchup. 49

Stakataka - Same here. 50

Thundurus-Therian - Ow.

C- Rank

Abomasnow-Mega - Nope. 51

Barbaracle - NopeNope. 52

Manectric-Mega - Nope.

Nihilego - is bulky specs a thing? Otherwise, countered. 53

Pyukumuku - Between either Soak or Taunt as their 4th move, there isn't really a way you're winning this, regardless.

Scizor-Mega - Plot twist! People aren't really running Curse yet, so you have the upper hand on them until it becomes mainstream. 54

D Rank

Alakazam-Mega - Dead. 55

Aron - Deadder than Dead. 56

Azumarill - Belly Drum gets killed by Bullet, and Band gets outbulked. 57

Clefable - Doesn't really seem to run Fire Blast, so I'll mark this as a win for Scizor until Partys proves it otherwise. 58

Dusclops - You can still set up to +6, but you're stuck dealing laughable damage regardless while you get stalled down.

Quagsire - Unaware is a butt.

Salazzle - Fire is a butt.

Sceptile - Dead. 59

Slaking - Doesn't really run Fire Punch. 60

Smeargle - Rolls its way to a win.

Stunfisk - Rolls its way to a win.

Type: Null - Has more pp than Scizor without even factoring Sleep turns, and can't be crit.

Vivillon - Man Sleep sure is broken.

Zygarde-10% - Similar to Zygod, except much easier to handle. 61

That leaves us with a grand total of 61 mons of the entire VR that my Scizor set alone beats on a regular basis. That's about as many things as Zygarde-Complete beats! 36 of these mons in particular compose of the more metagame-relevant S-B mons.

Now, of the 61 mons that I listed, 18 of them can effectively just run alternative sets or moves to beat Scizor while at the same time not suffering too much in the sense of opportunity cost. Subtracting this from the original total leaves us with 43 mons that this particular Scizor set effectively counters, which is still about a good 2/5 of the entire VR. A niche of this size far outclasses the niches of everything else that exists in C-, C, C+, B-, and even some B mons, and it is for this reason that I strongly believe Scizor-Mega should be placed in B- rank at LEAST.

How could you betray me ;-;

Here's why Scizor deserves B-, and more:
Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 140 Def / 32 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Let's take a look at what this set alone beats in the current metagame:

Gyarados-Mega - Blocked only by Taunt, otherwise, you basically can't lose. 1

Kyurem-Black - Do I even need to explain this one- 2

A+ Rank

Charizard-Mega-X - Definitely not

Metagross-Mega - Can't really lose, like at all. 3

Mimikyu - Mimikyu really can't dance around this one, no matter how hard it tries. 4

Tapu Koko - Nope.

Tapu Lele - HP Fire exists ig, but it's commonly believed that non-Psychium Lele is garbage, so.... 5

A Rank

Charizard-Mega-Y - Oof.

Dragonite - Only wins with Fire moves and the somehow-not-a-trash-meme Z Hurricane? 6

Lopunny-Mega - Fire Punch Lopunny, kek. 7

Magearna - If it isn't Iron Defense shenanigans, it's Specs HP Fire.

Mawile-Mega - Fire Fang is a risk, but not a common one. 8

A- Rank

Aegislash - Nah

Landorus-Therian - Only chance of winning is to bring Swords Dance, which is 5.2% usage at best. 9

Magnezone - You have a slight chance of stalling your way to a win if Z-Zap Cannon doesn't kill you and they proceed to miss repeatedly, otherwise, nope.

Pinsir-Mega - You have the options of either going for the 64.5% chance to 2HKO after a single Curse, since they cannot OHKO after Swords Dance, OR you go for a 2nd Curse and hope that they don't get the 31.3% roll on Giga Impact at +4. Either way you do it, the odds are pretty well off in your favor. 10

Porygon-Z - Tanks Scarf HP Fire. 11

Snorlax - You outbulk Z-Snorlax and Bug Bite steals the Berry from Recycle sets. 12

Slowbro-Mega - While you are indeed at a disadvantage in this matchup using my specific set, other, specifically more offense-oriented sets, can outlast Slowbro's Slack Offs while dealing enough thanks to Bug Bite's immense 32 PP.

Venusaur-Mega - Surprisingly, HP Fire and Charm aren't as high in usage as some would think. 13

Zygarde-Complete - Someone's gotta crit eventually, and with all the PP, odds are it'll be you. Not to mention some Zygarde don't even run Rest. 14

B+ Rank

Aggron-Mega - Taunt exists, but as long as you don't use Curse, you can just Roost off any damage you take and chip it down. 15

Blaziken - Not even.

Donphan - Basically no chance. 16

Garchomp - #JustUseFireFang 17

Gardevoir-Mega - Can't even Trace Technician for HP Fire to OHKO. 18

Genesect - Heck no

Golem - Same for Donphan 19

Greninja -
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Cannon vs. 252 HP / 32 SpD Scizor-Mega: 301-355 (87.5 - 103.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO 20

Heracross-Mega - Mandates the combination of Swords Dance and Close Combat to even have a chance. 21

Jumpluff - A slow and painful victory for Scizor. 22

Naganadel - Hope for a miss.

Primarina - Hope for a disconnect.

Tapu Fini - Hopeless.

B Rank

Altaria-Mega - Fire Blast oddly varies in usage based on which stats you look at. 23

Blastoise-Mega - Not particularly in Scizor's favor for anything.

Chansey - People have been running PP stall for god knows why, so odds are you'll eventually crit. Not even Charm is run that often, either. 24

Ferrothorn - A race to getting a single crit that's pretty well off in your favor. 25

Heatran - Not a chance.

Jirachi -
252 Atk Jirachi Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 140+ Def Scizor-Mega: 168-200 (48.8 - 58.1%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO literally a joke. 26

Kartana - What's he gonna do, HP Fire? 27

Meloetta - Specs HP Fire is mean

Necrozma - Specs Heat Wave is mean

Sableye-Mega - Beats Tauntless, loses otherwise.

Sawk - It takes a real hater to run Fire Punch. 28

Tyranitar-Mega - Why in god's name is Fire Punch so high in usage- Luckily, you still tank it, outspeed, and 2HKO. 29

B- Rank

Blissey - Only on the VR specifically for running Charm, so it definitely wins.

Buzzwole - Plays the bulky setup and recover game just as well, if not better.

Carracosta - Nobody runs special Carracosta yet, so we're good. 30

Celesteela - If you're not dead turn 1, you're hardwalled regardless.

Crustle - EV'd to guaranteed 2HKO with Bug Bite and Bullet Punch. 31

Diancie-Mega - Bruh 32

Durant - In the war of Steel Bugs, Scizor comes out on top. 33

Gengar-Mega - HypnoHex is a cruel mistress as always.

Hoopa-Unbound - Doesn't run Fire moves.

Latios - You'd actually be surprised how few people use Specs HP Fire. 34

Mew - If it were offensive Scizor, it'd be a 50/50 vs Kee Berry, otherwise, you just get Overheated.

Swampert-Mega - Even with broken sleep moves there isn't much of a chance. 35

Terrakion - Oof. 36

Togekiss - Flamethrower/Fire Blast are ran way too much for this to be a safe matchup.

C+ Rank

Archeops - Bop. 37

Avalugg - BopBop. 38

Camerupt-Mega - Bop :(

Gallade-Mega - Bop :) 39

Lucario-Mega - You beat Sub/Reversal, but the random other sets make things hazy.

Marowak-Alola - Nope

Medicham-Mega - You tank Fake Out and HJK and 2HKO. 40

Pheromosa - Modest Z-Focus Blast is a huge risk, but you beat everything else.

Tapu Bulu - lolno. 41

Umbreon - You just punch right through it with offensive sets. But even without offensive sets, a single crit out of 32 attempts isn't asking for much. 42

Victini - Nope

Volcarona - NopeNope

Whimsicott - Gotta run out of Subs eventually, though moves like Encore/Taunt exist, barely. 43

C Rank

Blacephalon - Ouch

Entei - OuchOuch

Excadrill - can force a 50/50 with Groundium if they know what they're doing, loses otherwise. 44

Garchomp-Mega - People don't run Fire moves on it, and Swords Dance isn't saving it. 45

Hitmonlee - Blaze Kick? ew. 46

Infernape - Ow.

Keldeo - OwOw.

Kommo-o - OwOwOw.

Landorus - OwOwOwOw.

Latias-Mega - Reflect Type is a cruel meme, but a frequently used one.

Ninetales-Alola - Ouch. 47

Pidgeot-Mega - Ouch

Porygon2 - Foul Play might eventually crit, but otherwise, you can't really lose, since HP Fire isn't even listed in usage. 48

Relicanth - It takes a lot to somehow not win this matchup. 49

Stakataka - Same here. 50

Thundurus-Therian - Ow.

C- Rank

Abomasnow-Mega - Nope. 51

Barbaracle - NopeNope. 52

Manectric-Mega - Nope.

Nihilego - is bulky specs a thing? Otherwise, countered. 53

Pyukumuku - Between either Soak or Taunt as their 4th move, there isn't really a way you're winning this, regardless.

Scizor-Mega - Plot twist! People aren't really running Curse yet, so you have the upper hand on them until it becomes mainstream. 54

D Rank

Alakazam-Mega - Dead. 55

Aron - Deadder than Dead. 56

Azumarill - Belly Drum gets killed by Bullet, and Band gets outbulked. 57

Clefable - Doesn't really seem to run Fire Blast, so I'll mark this as a win for Scizor until Partys proves it otherwise. 58

Dusclops - You can still set up to +6, but you're stuck dealing laughable damage regardless while you get stalled down.

Quagsire - Unaware is a butt.

Salazzle - Fire is a butt.

Sceptile - Dead. 59

Slaking - Doesn't really run Fire Punch. 60

Smeargle - Rolls its way to a win.

Stunfisk - Rolls its way to a win.

Type: Null - Has more pp than Scizor without even factoring Sleep turns, and can't be crit.

Vivillon - Man Sleep sure is broken.

Zygarde-10% - Similar to Zygod, except much easier to handle. 61

That leaves us with a grand total of 61 mons of the entire VR that my Scizor set alone beats on a regular basis. That's about as many things as Zygarde-Complete beats! 36 of these mons in particular compose of the more metagame-relevant S-B mons.

Now, of the 61 mons that I listed, 18 of them can effectively just run alternative sets or moves to beat Scizor while at the same time not suffering too much in the sense of opportunity cost. Subtracting this from the original total leaves us with 43 mons that this particular Scizor set effectively counters, which is still about a good 2/5 of the entire VR. A niche of this size far outclasses the niches of everything else that exists in C-, C, C+, B-, and even some B mons, and it is for this reason that I strongly believe Scizor-Mega should be placed in B- rank at LEAST.
I don’t understand how that set beats Psychium Lele.

Don’t most Dragonite run Fire Punch or Fire Blast? If not I think they should be running it more often. Just imo.

Don’t you have to roost on the z-move? Are you pp stalling Earthquake? What if Bullet Punch doesn’t break their sub?
252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 140+ Def Scizor: 277-327 (80.5 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
84 Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 94-112 (29.4 - 35.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

It might be in Scizor’s favor, but I don’t know man. If you just do the obvious Curse twice you lose. Bug Bite sadly doesn’t do enough. And if they sleep hax you, well.
+6 200+ Atk Snorlax Breakneck Blitz (190 BP) vs. +2 252 HP / 140+ Def Scizor: 229-270 (66.5 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 200+ Atk Snorlax Double-Edge vs. +2 252 HP / 140+ Def Scizor: 145-171 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 84 Atk Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 152 Def Snorlax: 226-267 (43.1 - 50.9%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO

If they’re Calm Slowbro, you should just win, but if they’re defensive and have Slack Off, you’ll probably get burned by Scald and lose. I think they’re mostly Calm though.

I’m not sure how you beat Garchomp.

About 40% of Greninja are modest and about 5% run HP Fire. Another 5% run Waterium Z.

My PP stall, the one you mention, runs Growl right now, per your suggestion. But we’ll just assume stoss toxic counter. It’d be an awful sad roll to miss though lol.
+6 84 Atk Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 688-810 (98 - 115.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Could you maybe PP stall Quagsire and Blissey? Probly not huh?

In my opinion, D ranks don’t count. C- is pushing it to be honest.

Remember that what makes a mon more versatile is the ability to run multiple sets. I post this often but I'll show you what I mean:

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 152 Atk / 44 Def / 104 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Counter

Snorlax, Landorus, and Quagsire become either 50/50's or less favorable. However, unlike the curse set, this one can beat Lopunny, Golem (if I got the speed EVs right), a much easier time with Jirachi, and 95% of Greninjas. However, Zygarde-C can stall out this set with coil and rest, and assuming most Garchomps run fire fang, this particular EV spread will fall to banded fire fang, similarly to Mega Mawile's nuke fire fang. Since more EVs are allocated into attack, this set also has a better chance vs Slowbro.

I still think C+ might be a bit too much though.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
I don’t understand how that set beats Psychium Lele.

Don’t most Dragonite run Fire Punch or Fire Blast? If not I think they should be running it more often. Just imo.

Don’t you have to roost on the z-move? Are you pp stalling Earthquake? What if Bullet Punch doesn’t break their sub?
252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 140+ Def Scizor: 277-327 (80.5 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
84 Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 94-112 (29.4 - 35.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

It might be in Scizor’s favor, but I don’t know man. If you just do the obvious Curse twice you lose. Bug Bite sadly doesn’t do enough. And if they sleep hax you, well.
+6 200+ Atk Snorlax Breakneck Blitz (190 BP) vs. +2 252 HP / 140+ Def Scizor: 229-270 (66.5 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+6 200+ Atk Snorlax Double-Edge vs. +2 252 HP / 140+ Def Scizor: 145-171 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 84 Atk Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 152 Def Snorlax: 226-267 (43.1 - 50.9%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO

If they’re Calm Slowbro, you should just win, but if they’re defensive and have Slack Off, you’ll probably get burned by Scald and lose. I think they’re mostly Calm though.

I’m not sure how you beat Garchomp.

About 40% of Greninja are modest and about 5% run HP Fire. Another 5% run Waterium Z.

My PP stall, the one you mention, runs Growl right now, per your suggestion. But we’ll just assume stoss toxic counter. It’d be an awful sad roll to miss though lol.
+6 84 Atk Technician Scizor Bug Bite vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 688-810 (98 - 115.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Could you maybe PP stall Quagsire and Blissey? Probly not huh?

In my opinion, D ranks don’t count. C- is pushing it to be honest.
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)