1v1 reversed

lost heros

Meme Master
is a Pre-Contributor
Shedinja's SpA is laughable and it has a limited movepool the most notable non-physical moves being: Shadow Ball, Bug Buzz, Toxic and Will-o-Wisp

But you have a point
It's limited move pool doesn't matter at all. As long as it can use two moves that hit all Pokemon then it wins if your opponent has one move that can't hit it.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Sand Stream OHKOs Shed. As does Christmas Tree (or its prevo Snover fgs)
Shedinja has no use running Sash in this meta (and it's probably banned anyway). This means that it can run Safety Goggles or Lum Berry depending on its team, so I wouldn't be so sure as to say "Sand Stream/Snow Warning wins".

edit: Speaking of bans, does this follow 1v1's banlist/clauses? I think it should for a starting point, personally.

Sheddy with toxic as only move is op gg.
Countered by any Poison/Steel.
Another option is to just add a clause mandating that all four moveslots are used.
That might be a good idea, even if people are forced to pick redundant types. The idea of forcing both pokemon into torment is also an interesting one.
Shedinja is pretty broken, but my favorite way to deal with it is Rocky Helmet.
With Shedinja, I was hoping that because this is still a pick 1 out of 3, players would bring something with enough coverage to hit Shedinja, or an ability (like mold breaker or harmful weather) to beat it. After all, if you see your opponent has a Shedinja, there's a layer of mindgames as to whether or not they will pick it and what you will use in response.

On another note, Slayer95 has coded this up, and the code is here: http://pastebin.com/wxGWyDE8 if you ever wanted to play this on a server.

lost heros

Meme Master
is a Pre-Contributor
Countered by any Poison/Steel.

That might be a good idea, even if people are forced to pick redundant types. The idea of forcing both pokemon into torment is also an interesting one.

With Shedinja, I was hoping that because this is still a pick 1 out of 3, players would bring something with enough coverage to hit Shedinja, or an ability (like mold breaker or harmful weather) to beat it. After all, if you see your opponent has a Shedinja, there's a layer of mindgames as to whether or not they will pick it and what you will use in response.

On another note, Slayer95 has coded this up, and the code is here: http://pastebin.com/wxGWyDE8 if you ever wanted to play this on a server.
So you swap out toxic with will-o-wisp depending on the current ladder.
If your opponent has a shedinja, you literally must use your shedinja counter, and hope that your counter is strong enough to beat their shedinja support Pokemon. Btw what is the banlist?

Also requiring all moveslots does nothing but make all Pokemon worse as now your opponent can force you to use weaker moves.

Edit: Will-o-wisp is just directly superior since you'll be losing to fire types anyways.

Here's what I'd say is the ideal strategy for Shedinja

Shedinja @ Zoom Lens
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Will-O-Wisp
- (Bug Buzz)

0 speed so it always goes last to activate its zoom lens as well as to beat noob shedinja's who don't give negative speed.
Bug buzz only if there's ever disable Pokemon beating you.

Last edited:
if the four moveslot clause is added, assault vest with only one attacking move will probably become the norm (outside sheddy). with that in mind, this will be useful:

Accelgor @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Rest
- Me First

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
If your opponent has a shedinja, you literally must use your shedinja counter, and hope that your counter is strong enough to beat their shedinja support Pokemon.
This isn't true at all, it's the same mindgames that you have to face in regular 1v1. If you bring Mega Sableye vs Charizard (either), you also auto-lose, right?

Here's what I'd say is the ideal strategy for Shedinja

Shedinja @ Zoom Lens
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- (Bug Buzz)

0 speed so it always goes last to activate its zoom lens as well as to beat noob shedinja's who don't give negative speed.
Bug buzz only if there's ever disable Pokemon beating you.
I'd strongly advise holding safety goggles or a lum berry (depending on whether you want to beat Abomasnow/Hippo or have a chance vs other status users - Ttar will probably only bring STABs so it wins anyway).

lost heros

Meme Master
is a Pre-Contributor
This isn't true at all, it's the same mindgames that you have to face in regular 1v1. If you bring Mega Sableye vs Charizard (either), you also auto-lose, right?

I'd strongly advise holding safety goggles or a lum berry (depending on whether you want to beat Abomasnow/Hippo or have a chance vs other status users - Ttar will probably only bring STABs so it wins anyway).
No, because M-Sableye vs Charizard don't have 100% win rates against each other, which allows for risk/reward. With shedinja there is so much risk because every encounter is determined whether your Pokemon can or cannot hit shedinja.

Safety goggles can be used if the ladder calls for it, but I chose zoom lens to have will-o-miss have better accuracy.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Hey, do you want to still be able to choose what your pokemon does? Well I've got the solution for you!

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Sketch

Try not to go first though, or you'll be stuck using Struggle. On a more serious note, Copycat and Mimic could be used to a similar effect. I don't know how things like disable work with these moves. But I think it could be effective aginst something like a dragon type, which could bring its own stabs and hence be weak to them. Lucario might be a nice choice, with good mixed offences and decent resistances to make use of. Remember, you don't have to hit yourself with something you're weak to unless its the only thing on their set. I don't know what item to use though... Life Orb? Rocky Helmet? Choice Scarf?

Hyper (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs / Life Orb / Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam

Heatran @ Charcoal / Air Ballon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eruption
- Fire Blast

Other sets. Boom. Hit hard with one stab. Heatran abusing the fire immunity.

Also people are saying that immunities matter more here... While this is true to a degree, generally if you have a dragon type out against a fairy you're going to lose anyway unless you can OHKO it with your coverage. You can still have moves with immunities, just don't send out those mons when something is going to come out that is immune.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)