Resource 1v1 Sample Teams [Submissions Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Stronk Turtle featuring a Taxi and a Cat that keep taunting you
You specifically mention Dracozolt in the post, which is funny because nothing on your team actually beats it: zera dies to unboosted Outrage and the other members die to Bolt Beak. Other electric-types, like Rotom-Heat and Rotom-Wash, also seem annoying. Subseeders like whimsicott meet almost zero resistance, especially because Corv's Iron Head doesn't actually 2hko the popular spreads. Kommo-O (and probably some kyurem sets) beat this as well.

Putting Outrage on Zeraora over Knock Off would fix some (but not all) of these problems, and seems like a good starting point for improving this team.

You specifically mention Dracozolt in the post, which is funny because nothing on your team actually beats it: zera dies to unboosted Outrage and the other members die to Bolt Beak. Other electric-types, like Rotom-Heat and Rotom-Wash, also seem annoying. Subseeders like whimsicott meet almost zero resistance, especially because Corv's Iron Head doesn't actually 2hko the popular spreads. Kommo-O (and probably some kyurem sets) beat this as well.

Putting Outrage on Zeraora over Knock Off would fix some (but not all) of these problems, and seems like a good starting point for improving this team.
Totally forgot I’ve been using band with outrage so much lately I just assumed I had outrage lol. I need be more careful in the future. This is strictly a bo1 team that uses CounterCoat toise as a surprise gimmick. I’ll edit outrage in though. The only reason I had knock I think is to handle Scarf haxorus but I don’t even have play rough or outrage I need to pay more attention to what I paste haha. I’ll edit it in right away.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This thread will be locked until the metagame at large has developed and stabilized. For those who submitted sample sets prior to the release of DLC 2, it is unfortunately likely that they will not remain viable post-DLC 2; however, these forum contributions do not go unnoticed, and we are grateful that y'all have been able to share teams to the community at large.

pqs

Banned deucer.
Submitting this as a sample team

Simple FWG

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt

Primarina @ Custap Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 56 HP / 228 Def / 60 SpA / 164 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Endure

Rillaboom @ Occa Berry
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 128 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpD / 100 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- Swords Dance

Insanely solid fwg, Heatran is super anti meta imo and can break a lot of the Steels currently present in the meta along with stall mons like Necrozma. Air Balloon is mostly just filler but is helpful with some specific mons. Almost max speed ensures that you always outspeed non Jolly Rillaboom so you beat every set except fake out high horsepower with 252+ (puke). Custap Primarina is one of the best glue mons in the meta and generally offers great support as a Fairy that can take out almost every dragon and generally has good MUs because of how insanely strong a CM boosted Hydro Cannon in Torrent range is. I chose Rillaboom as the glue since it was able to beat opposing Tapu Fini, Primarina, Snorlax, and this set lets it beat all Volcanion, though prediction reliant between Specs and Scarf (Fake+SD+Wood Hammer vs Specs), Fake+Wood Hammer+Grassy Glide vs Scarf). It didn't really need the life orb in most cases anyways.

There are a few common threats to this team but overall I think it's really solid and its seen success a lot on ladder. Main ones are CB Unnerve Haxorus, some Dracozolt, and also having to play that Volcanion 50/50. I'll add more when I come accross them.

added - tda

Last edited by a moderator:

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
:zygarde: :primarina: :victini:
Zygarde @ Haban Berry
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 124 HP / 144 Atk / 4 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage

Primarina @ Custap Berry
EVs: 116 HP / 228 Def / 164 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Endure

Victini @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 176 Atk / 156 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Protect
- Light Screen

252 SpA Choice Specs Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. 124 HP / 0 SpD Haban Berry Zygarde: 327-385 (84.2 - 99.2%)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 124 HP / 4 SpD Zygarde: 307-363 (79.1 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(Max 363 damage + 24 burn damage = 387 HP, you have 388.
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragapult Dragon Darts (2 hits) vs. 124 HP / 0 Def Haban Berry Zygarde: 218-258 (56.1 - 66.4%) -- approx. 2HKO
(First hit does max 129, second hit does max 258, adds up to 387 and you have 388 HP.
388 is divisible by 4, so you get to be transform after 2 subs rather than 3.
Speed is for Dragapult & Zeraora after a DD, costs only 8 more EVs to outspeed Chandelure and Togekiss at that point.

252+ Atk Choice Band Haxorus Poison Jab vs. 116 HP / 228+ Def Primarina: 282-332 (85.4 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
(Maximum odds possible while still outspeeding Rhyperior)

+3 252+ SpA Moltres-Galar Fiery Wrath vs. 0 HP / 156 SpD Victini through Light Screen: 288-340 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Speed is for Moltres-Galar and Specs PZ.

Zygarde is pretty standard, not much to say. You can technically swap Thousand Arrows for Earthquake to edge out rolls where they bulk for Thousand Arrows, but I wouldn't recommend it. Being able to ground stuff like Corviknight, and Togekiss is really good and Earthquake is not a big increase in power.

Custap Berry Primarina has always been good. Encore is enormously useful good in a meta with so many Custap users, since you can Encore against them rather than trying to play 50/50s. It's also useful for stall matchups like Stall Snorlax and G-Corsola. The alternative to Encore is Sparkling Aria, but I don't really think it's great. Sparkling Aria is useful specifically in matchups where they will be boosting Special Defense and resist Moonblast. That's not a lot of matchups, and Encore is just more useful in my opinion.

This is a variation on Encore Victini. Once Custap Berry was released, I decided to switch it to Protect. Protect removes all of the guesswork involved in playing around Custap Berry. It's also useful for scouting Trick users. Light Screen is used for matchups like Tapu Fini, Primarina, Necrozma, and Sylveon to eat a hit, and strike back with a +2 V-Create or Bolt Strike. The big consequence of removing Encore is that the team is pretty weak to Cresselia. You can put it back as Encore to settle that matchup if you're okay being weak to Custap Volcanion, G-Moltres, and Custap Berry Primarina.

added - tda

Last edited by a moderator:

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Double Dragon Balance
:dragapult::tapu-fini::zygarde-complete:
Dragapult @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Outrage
- Phantom Force
- Fire Blast

Tapu Fini @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 236 HP / 112 Def / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Iron Defense

Zygarde @ Haban Berry
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 236 HP / 204 Atk / 68 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil
- Scale Shot
- Extreme Speed
This team started out as me trying to find an optimal partner for Tapu Fini, but then turned into this sample submission as a result of seeing how many threats to Tapu Fini that Dragapult managed to cover, as well as the sets all being relatively simple to understand.

First, the sets:
  • I'll start with Tapu Fini since it's basically the star of the show. While I hate having a dual type Pokemon not utilizing both of its STABs, I just find that Fini doesn't really need the Water coverage for much unless you're going all out with Specs Hydro Pump for Victini or something. This notion makes it much easier to use both Iron Defense and Calm Mind, making Fini capable of dealing with hard hits on both ends, all while still having an attack and being able to use Taunt, making it an excellent anti special mon, due to how it's freely able to boost itself while simultaneously blocking opponents from boosting themselves.
  • Dragapult is one of many partners I considered for Tapu Fini. The main reason this one stuck is because of both how many things it covered for Fini while simultaneously being the easiest to understand set of the whole list, which is naturally desirable for a sample team. Dragapult in particular seems to work really well, since it outspeeds and KOs many of the mons that are too strong and fast for Fini to deal with, between the likes of Genesect, Band Darmanitan-Galar, Naganadel, Porygon-Z, and Kartana. It's also useful for some of the bulkier threats that Fini struggles at breaking like Victini, Jirachi, and Cresselia.
  • Zygarde was the finishing touch for the sake of covering the remaining weaknesses the FiniPult core had to the likes of Registeel, Zeraora, and Tapu Koko. I figured it best to reinforce the coverage against Dragons, so that way team previews against relevant Dragons don't have to always result in the player doing mental gymnastics in trying to figure out whether or not they're Haban, in addition to the strong Double Dragon core being very intimidating to any potential Electric or Grass picks that would threaten Fini.
Second, the moveset:
  • Tapu Fini
    • Calm Mind and Iron Defense are its bread and butter, letting it withstand hits from just about anything slower than it.
    • Draining Kiss is Fini's sole attack that simultaneously acts as a recovery move, thanks to the 75% regen off of the damage dealt, which works very well with Fini's moderately low HP stat.
    • Taunt is excellent for locking down matchups against opponents that might try to boost alongside Fini like Stored Power Necrozma, Snorlax (be wary of Double Edge), opposing Fini, Suicune, and Glastrier.
  • Dragapult
    • Outrage and Phantom Force are just your typical strongest STABs, getting KOs with their raw power and type advantages.
    • Dragon Darts is a less powerful Dragon STAB that doesn't confuse you and also hits twice, which is particularly useful for the occasional Haban Dragon, as well as KOing Sawk and Magnemite, being two of the more annoying Sturdy users.
    • Fire Blast, even though it's not boosted, is still strong enough for dealing with the likes of Genesect, Kartana, Durant, and Ferrothorn.
    • Clear Body and Infiltrator are pretty interchangeable abilities when it comes to Band, since there aren't really any particularly notable net gains from using either. My preference leans towards Clear Body for the sake of not having to worry about some kind of Victini that uses Glaciate and Kasib or something.
  • Zygarde
    • Coil and Thousand Arrows are Zygarde's bread and butter, boosting up its bulk and power before going in for the kill.
    • Scale Shot is a very nice move that acts between multiple uses of being Zygarde's Dragon STAB, Speed control, AND an answer to pesky Haban users as a result of being a multihit move.
    • Extreme Speed is Zygarde's insurance for just in case Scale Shot doesn't get as many hits as it wanted, as well as having a solid use against some Custap users and priority attackers.
Third, the spreads:
  • Dragapult, while painfully basic, is generally best off max maxed, since it needs as much power as it can get to maintain the best odds of KOing Victini and Jirachi that it can get, while also requiring a big chunk of speed for non-boosting Pheromosa that it really doesn't become worth it to put the leftover 68 evs anywhere other than Speed for fringe cases like the mirror.
  • Tapu Fini is a bit dicy, since there aren't really many significant mus it needs EVs for that it can't already deal with by setting up. The main things this set is built around is withstanding Specs Thunderbolt from Dragapult, outspeeding rival 85s with 252 Speed but no boosting nature, and the Defense being leftovers to drop Band Archeops Head Smash down to a 50% chance at KOing as well as loosely helping reliability in the Snorlax matchup. If opponents start trying to counter you with their own Timid Fini or Suicune it might be worthwhile to move the Def EVs to Spe to outspeed them again.
  • Zygarde is bulked to deal with 2 Banded Outrages from Garchomp as well as a CM boosted Earth Power from Landorus. The Speed ensures that Zygarde outspeeds Garchomp in the slower Complete form after using Scale Shot.
And lastly, notable weaknesses:
  • Sylveon: Tapu Fini is not only the sole check to this threat, but is also not bulky enough to reliably win by locking it down with Taunt, which results in having to win 50/50s between Taunting or using Calm Mind. This is only really a matter for higher SpA variants of Sylveon, but is still problematic nonetheless.
  • Rillaboom: While unlikely, some kind of set with Knock Off and Taunt could be made to counter the team.
  • Tapu Fini: While the set in this team generally beats the brunt of the much slower Fini running around presently, it becomes dicy when placed in a matchup against itself, since the other two mons don't have a chance.
  • Snorlax: Similar to the issues with Sylveon, Snorlax can become a matter of winning 50/50s for Tapu Fini, though in this case only with the move Double Edge, since Fini can reliably lock down Giga Impact with Taunt. Snorlax also needs Darkest Lariat or Ice Punch in order to deal with Dragapult.
  • Togekiss: Scarf Trick Roost unfortunately wins.
  • Darmanitan-Galar: With Fini only beating Scarf and Dragapult only beating Band, you're unfortunately forced to make a judgment call as to what item the Darm is holding at team preview.
1606237594289.png

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Welcome to my first official contribution to 1v1 Metagame.

URPRIV: The Awakening
See the source image
See the source image
See the source image

Urshifu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 168 Def / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Wicked Blow
- Ice Punch

Primarina @ Custap Berry
EVs: 88 HP / 244 Def / 12 SpA / 164 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Endure

Victini @ Passho Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Def / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Quick Attack
- Encore

So this is probably one of the best teams I've created so far in my short stint of playing. It's gotten me to the mid-1600s and I see no sign of stopping. I standard as shit and the only mons it really struggles with is Counter T-wave Togekiss. Urshifu is extremely threatening from team preview and is able to 1v1 a ton of the meta. This is why it is Ranked S on the VR. Custap Primarina provides support for Urshifu and can 1v1 other suspected Custap Pokemon. Passho Victini is this team's answer to bulky waters. Waylaid recommended it to me and It has worked like a charm. I do not really know enough about the meta yet to spout off info like Rosa did so I'm going to keep this short.

Last edited:
Welcome to my first official contribution to 1v1 Metagame.

URPRIV: The Awakening
See the source image
See the source image
See the source image

Urshifu @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 168 Def / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Wicked Blow
- Ice Punch

Primarina @ Custap Berry
EVs: 88 HP / 244 Def / 12 SpA / 164 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Endure

Victini @ Passho Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Def / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Quick Attack
- Encore

So this is probably one of the best teams I've created so far in my short stint of playing. It's gotten me to the mid-1600s and I see no sign of stopping. I standard as shit and the only mons it really struggles with is Counter T-wave Togekiss. Urshifu is extremely threatening from team preview and is able to 1v1 a ton of the meta. This is why it is Ranked S on the VR. Custap Primarina provides support for Urshifu and can 1v1 other suspected Custap Pokemon. Passho Victini is this team's answer to bulky waters. Waylaid recommended it to me and It has worked like a charm. I do not really know enough about the meta yet to spout off info like Rosa did so I'm going to keep this short.

I’m so happy I got to be featured in a replay even if I was using the most disgusting team possible. Nice team though!

Double Steel And CM Encore Primarina
:ss/ferrothorn: :chople berry: :ss/primarina: :sitrus berry: :ss/aggron: :choice band:

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Body Press
- Iron Defense

Primarina @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 24 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Calm Mind

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Heavy Slam
- Head Smash
- Fire Punch
- Metal Burst
Ferrothorn posses the tools to wall many prominent physical threats such as Zygarde, Rhyperior, and Rillaboom with Iron Defense. Body Press allows it do deal damage to Snorlax, Urshifu-Single Strike, and Aggron before it can get taken out. Chople Berry allows for Ferrothorn to tank a hit from both Urshifus and KO back with either Power Whip or Body Press. Chople is also useful against non-Blaze Kick Zeraora and Rillaboom. It also deals with every fairy bar Mystical Fire Sylveon and Togekiss. Calm Mind Encore Primarina was chosen as a partner to deal with stall mons as well as creating excellent type synergy, both Grass/Water and Steel/Fairy. Calm Mind Encore allows you to take out Cresselia and Registeel as well as helping with specific special attackers such as Kyurem and Sylveon. Sitrus Berry allows you to tank two Poison Jabs from Custap Sawk and Roseli Urshifu-Rapid Strike. Ferrothorn and Primarina are both pretty slow which means they struggle with mons such as Genesct, Kartana, and Darmanitan-Galar. Aggron is the solution to that problem. Its coverage takes out a lot of annoyances for the other two such as Togekiss and Nagandel. Notable 3-0s are Custap Volcanion, Fake Out Plasma Fists Close Combat Blaze Kick Zeraora, and opposing Chople Berry Ferrothorn.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Double Steel And CM Encore Primarina
:ss/ferrothorn: :chople berry: :ss/primarina: :sitrus berry: :ss/aggron: :choice band:

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Body Press
- Iron Defense

Primarina @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 24 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Calm Mind

Aggron @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Heavy Slam
- Head Smash
- Fire Punch
- Metal Burst
Ferrothorn posses the tools to wall many prominent physical threats such as Zygarde, Rhyperior, and Rillaboom with Iron Defense. Body Press allows it do deal damage to Snorlax, Urshifu-Single Strike, and Aggron before it can get taken out. Chople Berry allows for Ferrothorn to tank a hit from both Urshifus and KO back with either Power Whip or Body Press. Chople is also useful against non-Blaze Kick Zeraora and Rillaboom. It also deals with every fairy bar Mystical Fire Sylveon and Togekiss. Calm Mind Encore Primarina was chosen as a partner to deal with stall mons as well as creating excellent type synergy, both Grass/Water and Steel/Fairy. Calm Mind Encore allows you to take out Cresselia and Registeel as well as helping with specific special attackers such as Kyurem and Sylveon. Sitrus Berry allows you to tank two Poison Jabs from Custap Sawk and Roseli Urshifu-Rapid Strike. Ferrothorn and Primarina are both pretty slow which means they struggle with mons such as Genesct, Kartana, and Darmanitan-Galar. Aggron is the solution to that problem. Its coverage takes out a lot of annoyances for the other two such as Togekiss and Nagandel. Notable 3-0s are Custap Volcanion, Fake Out Plasma Fists Close Combat Blaze Kick Zeraora, and opposing Chople Berry Ferrothorn.
easiest Salazzle 3-0 of my life loooool

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Have you ever wanted a solid team that doesn't use boring ass top tier mons like Urshifu, Primarina, Rillaboom etc?

How about a team that is totally ABSENT of any A ranked Pokemon? Including Snorlax, Togekiss(puke), Zygarde, Cresselia, Genesect, Sylveon, Darmanitan-Galar, all the normie mons?

AND the team even with those attributes, has multiple 2-1 matchups vs the tiers biggest threats? With a colorful preview included?

Well then I have the team for you, Introducing...

The Thugg, The Plugg, and The Bugg

THE THUGG (Avalugg) @ Sitrus Berry
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Recover
- Avalanche

THE PLUGG (Regieleki) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Cage
- Thunder
- Electro Ball
- Hyper Beam

THE BUGG (Volcarona) @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 120 SpD / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Roost

Avalugg, THE THUGG, is who I built the team around. I'm usually a band enthusiast but Iron Defense is just too good right now, sitting in front of Pokemon like Rillaboom, Urshifu's, Dracovish, Darmanitan-Galar's, even Banded Sawk fails to win which is absurd. This thing checks almost every physical threat in the tier. Avalanche is here to answer CursePult and still take down Specs Nagandel, Specs Dragapult, Specs Latios, Hydreigon, and Landorus-Incarnate!

Regieleki, THE PLUGG, is an amazing partner for a multitude of reasons. Regieleki, although I was initially hesitant of its one dimensionality, does its one dimensionality stupid well, killing water types like Tapu-Fini, Primarina, Suicune, and Volcanion that stomp Avalugg, weird stally Pokemon like Jirachi, Togekiss, Tapu-Koko, Diancie, Spectrier, Arcanine, and Pokemon that might run sets to finesse Avalugg or work around its Sturdy, such as Chople Porygon-Z, Mixed Genesect, and Gardevoir. Thunder Cage is for Custap Primarina and Moltres-Galar, Electro Ball does the most damage to Pokemon such as Registeel and Snorlax, and Hyper Beam is for killing Pokemon that resist Electric such as Haxorus and Nagandel, and even pokemon like Diggersby and Landorus-I that don't bulk accordingly. Oh also the 4 Defense EV's are unironically important for not losing to a life orb or banded Extremespeed Genesect

Volcarona, THE BUGG, was a very cool find for the 3rd Pokemon, courtesy of Rosa taking a quick glance at a preliminary list. I needed a Pokemon that could handle specially attacking set-up Pokemon that tanked Regieleki and counter Avalugg, the most notable 3 being Raikou, Cresselia, and Sylveon. This set is especially solid vs Sylveon because of Substitute blocking Yawn or Fake Tears. This Volcarona set also handles Wisp-Hex Dragapult, and can finesse Curse variants. Volcarona also handles Magnezone, and Whimsicott for the team. Avalugg+Regieleki is honestly such a solid core, that I could maximize matchups with my EV spread, this spread specifically tanks a 252+ hyper beam from Porygon-Z, along with anything from a Specs Nagandel and Specs Regieleki. The speed is for outspeeding max speed Zeraora and therefore also Dragapult after a Quiver Dance, and the rest in Defense to help live uninvested Phantom Forces from Dragapult, as well as recieve favorable roles vs Life Orb Zeraora Fake Out into Plasma Fists! Maranga Berry is for maximizing random special attacker matchups, one notable one being that this Volcarona can beat Wacan Primarina and pretty much any Primarina lacking Calm Mind!

This team literally has no notable 3-0's. The only ones I could find were Scarf Trick Rotom-Heat, and the unranked Marowak-Alola.

Oh and Spdef Power Up Punch, Defense Curl, Rollout Golurk kinda wins. No Guard is busted because Rollout will never miss!

+6 0 Atk Golurk Rollout vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 760-896 (192.8 - 227.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (960 base power because defense curl doubles it and then doubling it 6 times, 60-120-240-480-960 kinda busted i know)

Will probably record a video soon on this absolutely BUSTED sample team

I hope you all enjoy :)

EDIT: Through some testing I have realized Volcarona's matchup vs CursePult is actually really bad, and Avalugg needs to run Avalanche>Mirror Coat. This secures the CursePult Matchup, with Volcarona handling the Will-O-Wisp Hex set. Avalanche is used over Icicle Spear so that Avalugg is still my Specs Dragapult answer, as Icicle Spear fails to KO. Avalanche also cleanly handles Specs Latios, Specs Nagandel, and even more crucially handles Landorus-I, which could previously 3-0 the team!

Last edited:
Do you guys take meme teams? LRXC made a team just because it rhymes idk.

Pokepasta:https://pokepast.es/36015f6e26e1c7a5

Fun fact, slowpoke weighs more than escavalier
90% sure lrxc made the team name after he did the extensive teambuilding.

also, please read the rules before posting. particularly this one
Rules On Submitting Samples + This Thread.
  1. Sample team submissions without descriptions will be deleted on the spot. This is not meant to be a team dump, we're looking for strictly the best, most well-rounded teams that can be used to at least moderate success by just about anyone. If you aren't willing to tell us what the team does, then we won't even consider it for a sample team. This includes explaining EV spreads, move selection, what can be swapped around, metagame coverage, etc.

https://pokepast.es/a0757292b976bed1

This is a team I’ve been using for awhile now and it’s very reliable.

Haxorus with Mold Beaker with Scarf
Haxorus runs Poison jab for fairy coverage but proven, it doesn’t beat bulky fairy types but it is caplable of beating common mons of Rillaboom and Togekiss to an extent. If you’d like Close combat due to Haxorus being frail to begin with but it’s also viable for Urshifu Dark and Ferrothorn.
Outrage for stab and beats sturdy Sawk
EQ for common sturdy mons and especially Magnezone and fast but frail electric types
Counter for mons that hit hard and you’re cable of living so it’s a “trump card”
Priorities in Attack and Speed Evs

Magnezone with Weakness Policy and Sturdy
Thunderbolt instead of thunder since accuracy is important in 1v1s
Flash cannon for fairy types
Hyper Beam for mons it has no supereffective coverage against
Mirror move for hard hitting special moves that will hit hard back
On top that you get super effective hits on you, that damage is doubled
Priorities in SpA EVs and a bit for speed in case for mons like Aegislash with Shadow Ball + Shadow Sneak. The rest go for SpD and HP

Tapu Fini with Choice Scarf
Trick is the best move on it since it can cripple set up Pokémon since it will always outspeed
Moonblast for stab
Hydro Pump for more damage and kill one hit kill Landorus due to you most likely hitting the first turn
Calm Mind in case you ever get your scarf removed and in a situation your opponent leach seeds you so you have to boost your special attack and take them out fast (that’s what hydro pump is also for)

This team quite a couple of flaws but it’s very capable of climbing the ladder fast

https://pokepast.es/a0757292b976bed1

This is a team I’ve been using for awhile now and it’s very reliable.

Haxorus with Mold Beaker with Scarf
Haxorus runs Poison jab for fairy coverage but proven, it doesn’t beat bulky fairy types but it is caplable of beating common mons of Rillaboom and Togekiss to an extent. If you’d like Close combat due to Haxorus being frail to begin with but it’s also viable for Urshifu Dark and Ferrothorn.
Outrage for stab and beats sturdy Sawk
EQ for common sturdy mons and especially Magnezone and fast but frail electric types
Counter for mons that hit hard and you’re cable of living so it’s a “trump card”
Priorities in Attack and Speed Evs

Magnezone with Weakness Policy and Sturdy
Thunderbolt instead of thunder since accuracy is important in 1v1s
Flash cannon for fairy types
Hyper Beam for mons it has no supereffective coverage against
Mirror move for hard hitting special moves that will hit hard back
On top that you get super effective hits on you, that damage is doubled
Priorities in SpA EVs and a bit for speed in case for mons like Aegislash with Shadow Ball + Shadow Sneak. The rest go for SpD and HP

Tapu Fini with Choice Scarf
Trick is the best move on it since it can cripple set up Pokémon since it will always outspeed
Moonblast for stab
Hydro Pump for more damage and kill one hit kill Landorus due to you most likely hitting the first turn
Calm Mind in case you ever get your scarf removed and in a situation your opponent leach seeds you so you have to boost your special attack and take them out fast (that’s what hydro pump is also for)

This team quite a couple of flaws but it’s very capable of climbing the ladder fast
Primarina and life orb genesect might be an issue? Custap magnezone could be cool

Primarina and life orb genesect might be an issue? Custap magnezone could be cool
Magnezone is usually the answer for both
Mag can deal with primarina with thunderbolt and mirror coat. Usually just do thunderbolt and mirror coat for prim.
You can dedicate some SpA Evs to incinerate haxorus for Genesect but it’s to do magnezone imo

COUNTER COAT BULKY OFFENSE featuring a bear, a shiny horse and a flying magnet
1616589330784.png

Panda Bear (Urshifu) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 220 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Wicked Blow
- Counter

All Seing Eye (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 216 Def / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press
- Mirror Coat

Shiny Horse (Glastrier) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Chilling Neigh
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Def / 20 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- High Horsepower
- Icicle Spear
Urshifu Single-Strike - Its main job is to survive almost any physical attack like a close combat from a scarf Haxorus or a superpower from Galarian Darmanitan and then to KO with counter, if the opposing mon survives you can clean up with sucker punch. Another one of its job is too soften up some special attacks that Magnezone can't handle like a Genesect with flamethrower and extreme speed. Urshifu S is also a way of speed control and clean up on this team with its priority sucker punch.
Magnezone - I chose Magnezone as the next mon as it easily handles the fairies and flyings running around the tier like Primarina and Togekiss that would normally bully Urshifu S. Another one of it's main jobs is to handle other sturdy mons and that also why it's running max speed investment and if both of your stabs don't do much damage against a special attacker you can always just use mirror coat.
Glastrier - and finally we have Glastrier a needed check to Zygarde which the other 2 mons couldn't check. I chose Glastrier as it is naturally bulky enough to activate it's weakness policy greatly increasing it's already high attack stat. The other reason I chose Glastrier as it can easily handle all the physical dragons running around.
Urshifu S
252+ Atk Choice Band Haxorus Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Urshifu: 350-412 (86.6 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Darmanitan Superpower vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Urshifu: 336-396 (83.1 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan-Galar Superpower vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Urshifu: 336-396 (83.1 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Zeraora Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Urshifu: 286-338 (70.7 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Urshifu: 306-362 (75.7 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Def Choice Band Avalugg Body Press vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Urshifu: 276-326 (68.3 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

MYTHS OF LEGENDS

Urshifu is the best when dealing with special attackers such as the top tiers like Spectrier, Eleki, and even specs naganadel. Using Assult vest with max spd will make sure that moves like draco meteor will hit and Urshifu will still live. It can also take out threats such as Heatran, Ice Punch for Garchomp and Zygarde though it’s better to do wicked blow so ice punch can have a range to kill. Sucker punch is there for priority and or for custap users.
Zeraora’s purpose is to check both Urshifus with plasma fists and play rough. Taunt is there to kill stall mons like Corsola and whimsicott as Zapdos, Corviknight, Belly Drum Azu, well as fake tears sylveon. Protect is there so it can make custap users suffer like with Prim or Galarian Zapdos or Galarian Moltres.
Volcanion’s purpose is to be a physical wall and can even kill zera if they plasma fist turn one via weakness policy. It’s the special attacker of the group with a bold nature and max defenses so it can beat things like Galarian Darm, Rillaboom, and even Sawk. Sludge wave for Pokémon sets like specs sylveon or whimsicott. Will-o-wisp is crucial just because it’s not just to cripple physical attackers but will-o-wisp is crucial in defeating Avalugg that run mirror coat like most of them do.
The only 3-0s I can think of aren’t really that common such as Scarfed Dracozolt with hustle. Another one is trick Gardevoir if they don’t trick turn one which most do and banded sawk and volcanion doesn’t get the burn from steam eruption.

MYTHS OF LEGENDS

Urshifu is the best when dealing with special attackers such as the top tiers like Spectrier, Eleki, and even specs naganadel. Using Assult vest with max spd will make sure that moves like draco meteor will hit and Urshifu will still live. It can also take out threats such as Heatran, Ice Punch for Garchomp and Zygarde though it’s better to do wicked blow so ice punch can have a range to kill. Sucker punch is there for priority and or for custap users.
Zeraora’s purpose is to check both Urshifus with plasma fists and play rough. Taunt is there to kill stall mons like Corsola and whimsicott as Zapdos, Corviknight, Belly Drum Azu, well as fake tears sylveon. Protect is there so it can make custap users suffer like with Prim or Galarian Zapdos or Galarian Moltres.
Volcanion’s purpose is to be a physical wall and can even kill zera if they plasma fist turn one via weakness policy. It’s the special attacker of the group with a bold nature and max defenses so it can beat things like Galarian Darm, Rillaboom, and even Sawk. Sludge wave for Pokémon sets like specs sylveon or whimsicott. Will-o-wisp is crucial just because it’s not just to cripple physical attackers but will-o-wisp is crucial in defeating Avalugg that run mirror coat like most of them do.
The only 3-0s I can think of aren’t really that common such as Scarfed Dracozolt with hustle. Another one is trick Gardevoir if they don’t trick turn one which most do and banded sawk and volcanion doesn’t get the burn from steam eruption.
Biburial is my alt account btw and on second thought. This team gets 3-0d by so many things unfortunately

Last edited:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
THE SWSH KING HIMSELF PRESENTS...

The Thugg, The Plugg, and The Tapu Fini

:ss/avalugg: :ss/regieleki: :ss/tapu-fini:

THE THUGG (Avalugg) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Heavy Slam
- Bulldoze
- Body Press

THE PLUGG (Regieleki) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Thunder Cage
- Electro Ball
- Hyper Beam

THE TAPU FINI (Tapu Fini) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 88 SpA / 112 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

The GOATERED core of Avalugg+Regieleki is back and better than ever. This team is easily the best team out there, and is extremely straight forward to use, a clear upgrade to my past sample team. Biggest tech on this team is Bulldoze on Avalugg, which provides the team with a secondary Aggron answer, as well as beating Specs Magnezone lacking Electroweb. The speed also gives Avalugg the advantage in the ditto. Regieleki does Regieleki things pretty straight forward LOL togekiss LOL genesect(non AV), LOL water types etc etc etc. Thunder Cage should be a solid Tapu-Koko answer unless they pack a ton of spdef. Now the big change is Tapu Fini, which gives the team much more solid matchups vs Urshifu, Dragapult, and fire types like Heatran and Arcanine. These ev's outspeed Sylveon and Primarina, tank anything from Aggron, and 2hko Sawk with Draining Kiss, securing the matchup, with the rest dumped into Special Defense! Literally nothing notable 3-0'd this team, except AV genesect, a custap magnezone with hyper beam(without it Regieleki just clicks Thunder Cage and wins), and uhh Shedinja lol.

TL;DR remove my current sample team with this one its a clear upgrade

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
a custap magnezone with hyper beam(without it Regieleki just clicks Thunder Cage and wins)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Thunder Cage vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 147-173 (52.3 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after trapping damage
Possible damage amounts: (147, 148, 150, 152, 153, 155, 157, 159, 160, 162, 164, 165, 168, 169, 171, 173)

Mirror Coat is reasonably common on custap zone, right? All the bolded damage rolls let zone win (eleki has 301 HP), and even if you get a low roll t1 there's the risk of missing tcage t2.

Other than that, this team looks really solid!

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
252+ SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Thunder Cage vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 147-173 (52.3 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after trapping damage
Possible damage amounts: (147, 148, 150, 152, 153, 155, 157, 159, 160, 162, 164, 165, 168, 169, 171, 173)

Mirror Coat is reasonably common on custap zone, right? All the bolded damage rolls let zone win (eleki has 301 HP), and even if you get a low roll t1 there's the risk of missing tcage t2.

Other than that, this team looks really solid!
What would Mirror Coat specifically do for custap zone over Endure/Hyper Beam? I feel like vs most special attackers you are clicking an attacking move twice or metal sound into attack move

EDIT: NVM i guess mirror coat is better for specs crozma matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)