Resource Gen 8 1v1 Set Compendium

sets_compendium.png

1v1 Set Compendium
Art by Kolohe
Intro by HCTC and Alakazam

Welcome to 1v1's new and improved Set Compendium! This resource contains many viable sets for a large variety of 1v1 pokemon, designed to aid new and experienced builders alike in teambuilding.

Previous renditions of the Set Compendium have had issues with quickly becoming obsolete, due to the enormous effort necessary to add and remove new and outdated sets, respectively. Additionally, previous Set Compendiums have had the issue of having complicated EVs, but no explanation as to what they're for. To address this issue, the Set Compendium will now be an entirely community-based project.

What does this mean?
It means that you can be involved in the creation and upkeep of the Set Compendium, submitting sets that you create or come across into the collection to reflect the ever-evolving metagame. For those who care about Smogon Badges, the work put in here will count as badgeable work, as well. You will also be credited in each slate you're involved in on the OP.

How will this be done?
In the 1v1 Discord, there will be a private channel dedicated for set submission and creation. Only people involved in the Set Compendium project will have access, and in there sets can be posted and pinned.

You can spend time theorycrafting sets, debating with other users, and posting sets you've either made or found. After you post a set, along with an explanation of what it's supposed to do, pin it in the channel so it doesn't get forgotten in the sea of messages. After enough sets of a Pokemon has been collected, a peer review team will look over the sets to confirm that the EVs are optimal and that the set makes sense.

You can also add alternative EV spreads for Pokemon and point out and remove sets or Pokemon that are no longer considered viable, in order to keep the Compendium updated.

How can I get involved?
To keep things simple, but to also confirm you know what you're talking about, I have outlined below an application process:

Pokemon Set:
EV Explanation:
Discord Username:
This is simply to prove that you have a basic understanding of setbuilding. You don't need to have made the set yourself (though it's always nice if you do) - as long as you can explain what it's built for, that's good enough.

Post this app. in the thread to get involved in the project!

Just a few things we ask, though: Don't submit 252/252, or steal someone else's application - we'll ask you to do it again. (Though there's nothing wrong with using a Pokemon someone else submitted, just don't literally copy paste). We want to be very inclusive in this process - you won't be rejected as long as you can do this submission right (and as long as you aren't banned on Smogon). Essentially, as long as you make clear that you have some understanding of how the current meta works and show you know how to EV for specific targets, you'll get in.

Pokemon Set:
Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 56 HP / 116 SpA / 84 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Snarl
- Fire Blast
EV Explanation: Hydreigon runs max speed to tie other hydreigons and outspeed haxorus, urshifu, and others. 56 HP let it avoid the 2hko from 0 attack celesteela's heavy slam. 84 spd lets it survive 2 flash cannons from 252+ spa magnezone, the remaining EVs are put in spa for the best roll against the likes of AV regidrago and AV garchomp.
Discord ID: Charm#2766

Bear in mind it may take a minute if no one is awake to see the application.

If you don't want to be part of the team, or discord in general, you're still welcome to just send sets here to be in included in the compendium.

NOTE: It's possible that the project has gotten behind on crediting people. If you believe your set is featured in the compendium, or if you've otherwise contributed, let me know and I'll add you to the post.

Last edited:

pqs

Banned deucer.
Application

Pokemon Set:
Primarina @ Custap Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 116 HP / 228 Def / 164 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Cannon
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Endure
EV Explanation: The speed allows you to always outspeed Rhyperior so you don't have to play 50/50s with Custap variants and can Hydro Cannon easily, recharge, then Endure or Moonblast depending on what they pick. The rest of the EVs were invested into Defense and HP with a Bold nature to give you the best chance of surviving a Poison Jab from Adamant Choice Band Haxorus (optimized for giving yourself the most HP while still giving it a 6.3% roll)
252+ Atk Choice Band Haxorus Poison Jab vs. 116 HP / 228+ Def Primarina: 282-332 (85.4 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Discord Username: pqs#0001

added you - tda

Not from one of the pokemon you were looking for, but I built this yesterday and it got me my highest ladder rating yet, and theres still no similar set on Smogon. Most credit for the set goes to smely socks.

im a supavillain (Dragapult) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 56 SpD / 88 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Curse
- Substitute
- Disable
- Phantom Force

EV explanation: 248 HP EVs allow dragpult to use 4 substitutes rather than 3. The speed and nature are used to speed creep Naganadel. 56 SpD allows Dragapult to tank a dazzling gleam from togekiss. The rest is dumped to defense, as this will give Dragapult the best chance against choice Band/Scarf users.

Discord tag: Boat#8576

Hm. So, usually with CursePult, the HP value would be at 244, which would allow Sitrus Berry to activate after Curse. Subbing an extra time isn't as important since the point is to just sub once to disable the next turn.

Besides that, its okay. Would prefer more explanation on what exactly the defense evs are for. I'll add.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pokemon Set:
Latios (M) @ Haban Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 32 SpA / 32 SpD / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Mystical Fire
EV Explanation: The Speed EVs allow you to always outspeed Jolly Garchomp. The HP and Special Defense tank Specs Draco Meteor from Naganadel. Rest is put into Special Attack
Discord Username: RADU#0075

added - tda

Pokemon Set:
Urshifu @ Life Orb
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 68 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat
- Wicked Blow
EV Expanation: HP and Defense lets you live a Banded Adamant Victini V-Create and OHKO back with Wicked Blow (even if they’re max HP). 108 SpDef also bulks a Modest Scarf and Timid Specs Blue Flare from Victini as well. This spread also allows you to survive a 252 Adamant Rillaboom attacks. You need to Bulk Up turn 1 then proceed to Wicked Blow.
Discord ID: Jam#9825

added - TDA

zzhlph

Banned deucer.
Application: Pokemon Set:
Victini @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 216 HP / 244 Atk / 28 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt
- Encore
EV Explanation: The HP lets Victini take a Choice Band boosted Earthquake from Avalugg, letting it safely kill with V-Create after a Zen Headbutt. The Special Defense with the HP is for taking a Modest Choice Specs Naganadel's Draco Meteor. The 20 Speed is to outspeed max speed Magnezone so you can't run into any shenanigans with Custap Berry. The rest of the EVs are invested into Attack along with the nature.
Discord Username: zzhlph#4394

sure. zen headbutt probs isn't one of its best tools but its best for the spread you're using. Added. - tda

Pokemon set:

Zygarde @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 32 Def / 144 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil
- Extreme Speed
Explanation: this boy is invested in special defense for the surprise effect to initially defeat his most popular counters like prim, special vic, sylveon...(it's not over yet it can beat even more but i don't have the list in mind atm).
Disc: Lancer#0164
Given your good tournament record, I'll add u, but just be a bit more specific w/ reasoning in the future - tda

Pokemon Set:
Tapu Koko @ Electric Seed
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 124 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Iron Defense
- Eerie Impulse
- Roost
EV Explanation: The HP and SpD are used to be one point above the Def in order to give a +1 in Attack for Genesect while still maximizing bulk. Speed is for outspeeding base 110s such as Archeops.
Discord ID: Mishlef#0386

interesting set, I'll add u - tda

Gastrodon (F) @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Recover
- Clear Smog
The EVs are for all variants of Chandelure, Gengar, and Alakazam (Energy Ball).

Sylveon (F) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpA
Bold Nature
- Yawn
- Endure
- Hyper Beam
- Fake Tears
HP and Def EVs are for non-band Metagross, all variants Haxorus (except for Iron Tail), G-Darm, and P-Z (unless it has Uproar). The rest is dumped in SpA. Hyper Beam can be replaced with Hyper Voice

Incineroar (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 104 HP / 68 Atk / 252 Def / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Darkest Lariat
- Bulk Up
- Fake Out
HP and Def EVs allow Incineroar to survive Jolly Band Urshifu-S' Close Combat, Band Kartana's Sacred Sword, Scarf G-Darm's Superpower, and Metagross' Hammer Arm. The speed EVs allow Incineroar to outspeed no investment base 70s. Incineroar can lose to Metagross if it clicks Flare Blitz first. Always use Darkest Lariat against Metagross.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 16 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
The Speed EVs allow Lele to outspeed Scarf PZ, and the HP EVs allow it to survive Jolly Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes, Iron Head, and Poison Jab. The HP and SpDef evs allow Lele to beat Specs Necrozma if it clicks Prismatic Laser, but if it clicks Photon Geyser you're dead. Lele can also beat Modest Scarf Landorus-I, and all variants of Dracovish, except for sorta Endure Custap. You need to use Psyshock instead of Moonblast.

Garchomp @ Haban Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 156 HP / 32 Atk / 100 Def / 60 SpD / 160 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance
The Speed EVs outspeed max speed base 90s, the HP, Def, and SpDef EVs allow Garchomp to tank Adamant Scarf Dracovish Fishious Rend, Adamant Band Outrage, and Timid Specs Naganadel Draco Meteor. The rest is dumped into attack.

Anti-Regieleki (Primarina) (F) @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 44 SpA / 60 SpD / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sparkling Aria / Ice Beam / Energy Ball / Calm Mind / Encore
- Moonblast
- Hydro Cannon
- Aqua Jet / Ice Beam / Energy Ball / Calm Mind / Encore
Speed EVs for Modest Specs EBall, Def for Band Wild Charge, and SpDef for Thunder and Timid Specs EBall. Rest dumped in SpA. Sparkling Aria is a roll (for Torrent activation) so Hydro Cannon is usually the better pick. Beware the occasional Endure Regieleki. Aqua Jet is useful for Sturdy and Endure mons such as Avalugg, but running CM and Encore can help against stall. This set can beat Zeraora but it is a roll (again, on Torrent activation). This set is not insanely useful as it aims to fill a small niche, but Prim is solid enough that you don't lose too many matchups.
EDIT: Also beats non-Gunk Shot (and Energy Ball but who runs that) Genesect

Unaware Setup Clefable
Unaware CM (Clefable) @ Sitrus Berry / Custap Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 32 SpA / 44 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
I know we already have an Unaware Clef set, but it's 252 / 252 / 4 so I made a new one. While it loses to CB Iron Tail Haxorus (75% chance to kill with Jolly), it beats PJab with Counter (Moonblast is a roll). It can beat Roseli Urshifu-RS with Sitrus Berry and Band RS with Custap (which is all that custap does, but it works so I had to add it). 44+ SpD for Specs Prim and rest dumped in SpA.

Babiri Counter Togekiss Stall
NOT "SCaRF" (Togekiss) (F) @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 116 SpD / 100 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Counter
- Amnesia
- Draining Kiss / Dazzling Gleam
I don't remember what half of the EVs are for (even though I made this yesterday), but Togekiss can survive most Steel-type physical hits (including +1 252+ Band Sect), except for Copperajah but who uses that. 100 speed was for bulky Fini on the compendium, and rest dumped in SpD. Struggles against mons such as Naganadel and physical mons with other super effective stab moves (Poison Jab does not OHKO). It has worked well on ladder, even making some random guy curse and ragequit. Anyway that's the set. I guess you could run Serene Grace and Air Slash. Here's some calcs.

252+ Atk Choice Band Haxorus Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 40 Def Togekiss: 316-372 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Genesect Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 40 Def Babiri Berry Togekiss: 306-360 (81.8 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Copperajah Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 40 Def Babiri Berry Togekiss: 322-381 (86 - 101.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Last edited:

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pokemon Set:
Volcanion @ Chilan Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 232 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Wave
EV Explanation: The speed is to speed creep 252 Rhyperior, defense bulks a banded Aggron Head Smash after burning it, max special attack to maximize damage output, and the rest is dumped into HP to increase its general bulkiness.
Discord ID: smely socks ❤#8355

HP dumps are always sus but nothing off the top of my head would require Volc to have investment anywhere else. added u - tda

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
Level: 99
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
This is from DLC1, but I've used it with great success in DLC2. It survives Banded G-Darm Flare Blitz at -1, and Jolly Urshifu-S Wicked Blow. I think HereComesTeamCharm made this first, so credit to them, but I made this without HCTC's help so I'm going to count it as mine.
heyo, I'm glad that you're interested in submitting sets, but I'm gonna ask that you put them all in 1 post, instead of making one for each. You can just edit in new sets when you write down the reasoning ^~^

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Necrozma @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 136 SpA / 184 SpD / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Prismatic Laser
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Earthquake

Speed EVs let necrozma outspeed max speed base 60s, special defense lets it survive timid specs genesect's Bug Buzz and kill with Heat Wave, rest is in SpA. EQ is here because it's basically as good as EP against the few steels not weak to fire, but it prevents magnezone from cheesing you with Mirror Coat. I know specs and necrozma both kinda suck in this meta but it's from an older team and at least it's a set.

Discord is Charm hashtag 2766.

I like your reasoning for EQ, though would like to see if this plays out as you described vs steels not weak to fire. I also can't really think of base 60s that run max that would require necrozma to outspeed, except maybe timid specs zone, tho that seems sus anyway. But its a cool tech, I'll add u - TDA

edit 2: timid genesect, not jolly lmfao

Last edited:

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Zygarde @ Haban Berry
EVs: 124 HP / 144 Atk / 4 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
252 SpA Choice Specs Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. 124 HP / 0 SpD Haban Berry Zygarde: 327-385 (84.2 - 99.2%)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 124 HP / 4 SpD Zygarde: 307-363 (79.1 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(Max 363 damage + 24 burn damage = 387 HP, you have 388.
252+ Atk Choice Band Dragapult Dragon Darts (2 hits) vs. 124 HP / 0 Def Haban Berry Zygarde: 218-258 (56.1 - 66.4%) -- approx. 2HKO
(First hit does max 129, second hit does max 258, adds up to 387 and you have 388 HP.
388 is divisible by 4, so you get to be transform after 2 subs rather than 3.
Speed is for Dragapult & Zeraora after a DD, costs only 8 more EVs to outspeed Chandelure and Togekiss at that point.

Victini @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 176 Atk / 156 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Protect
- Light Screen
+3 252+ SpA Moltres-Galar Fiery Wrath vs. 0 HP / 156 SpD Victini through Light Screen: 288-340 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Speed is for Moltres-Galar and Specs PZ.

Zarude @ Expert Belt
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Atk / 32 Def / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Encore
- Bulk Up
252+ SpA Primarina Moonblast vs. 240 HP / 4 SpD Zarude: 348-410 (84.6 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
56+ Atk Expert Belt Zarude Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Primarina: 367-432 (100.8 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
The HP investment + leftover Defense investment is to maximize odds against Registeel.
Speed for Zygarde

Murm

formerly Murman
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Dracovish @ Custap Berry
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Outrage
- Substitute
- Endure

Max Attack, enough speed for Jolly Rhyperior, and then the rest into HP.
murman64#1817

sure, tho we got this currently, added u - tda

Pokemon Set:
Regidrago @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dragon's Maw
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Hammer Arm
- Breaking Swipe
- Dragon Energy
EV Explanation:
Outspeeds max speed Zeraora and 2hkos with Breaking Swipe. Tanks Choice Specs Magnezone and 2hkos with Hammer Arm. Max Attack to optimize damage potential. Dragon Energy OHKO's Zygarde without Haban Berry or Extreme Speed.
Discord Username:
TheShadowClaw#1199

just barely not 252/252, smh - nah but making a mixed set work is always annoying. added u - tda

SiceXV

Banned deucer.
dom irl (Greedent) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Def
Adamant Nature
- Counter
- Earthquake
- Belly Drum
- Giga Impact

252+ Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 196 Def Greedent on a critical hit: 279-328 (62.8 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 196 Def Greedent in Grassy Terrain: 349-412 (78.6 - 92.7%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan-Galar Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 196 Def Greedent: 365-430 (82.2 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 196 Def Greedent: 368-434 (82.8 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 196 Def Greedent: 306-360 (68.9 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 196 Def Greedent: 346-408 (77.9 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Hustle Dracozolt Bolt Beak (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 196 Def Greedent: 327-385 (73.6 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 196 Def Greedent: 267-315 (60.1 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+6 60+ Atk Greedent Earthquake vs. +3 252 HP / 200 Def Registeel: 158-188 (43.4 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 60+ Atk Greedent Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Cresselia: 477-562 (107.4 - 126.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO +1 psyshock doesn't kill back
beats stall

SiceXV#5204

interesting design. Shows your creativity, we talked about it on discord. i'll add u - tda

Opchurtle100

I COULD BE BANNED!
Pokemon Set:

1605125788589.png

Krakatoa (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 176 HP / 156 Def / 48 SpA / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Overheat
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon

EV Explanation: Enough speed to out speed things that want to out speed 252 speed base 60s and taunt for insurance on overheat misses for whim, beats banded thugg if they coat t1, beats type null and most stall in general
48 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 170-200 (49.8 - 58.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Choice Specs Regice Thunderbolt vs. 176 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 288-339 (78.4 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(Using regice as regieleki)
48 SpA Heatran Overheat vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Regice: 316-373 (104.9 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Gorilla Tactics Darmanitan-Galar Superpower vs. 176 HP / 156+ Def Heatran: 310-366 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Archeops Head Smash vs. 176 HP / 156+ Def Heatran: 291-343 (79.2 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Discord: Opchurtle100#6645

So theres a few things I kind of have issue here. EP for Victini seems like poor reasoning, at least with these EVs, as both WP and Band will be able to outdamage you, as they both run bulk to make stuff like Earth Power a 3hko instead of a 2hko. It also seems like you don't really know what Taunt is for, cause you're listing Whims as the primary reason even tho you said yourself that its more so insurance (although you wouldn't really overheat T1 on a Whims anyway, cause they'll probably Sub to try and lower your spa) and 'stall in general' as the last, even tho thats probably the main reason. Also, the Speed reasoning is just speed creep, which seems kinda weak, especially when you don't even list mons that you're trying to creep besides the average mons trying to outspeed base 60s. Considering the Speed is just a copy paste from SM Heatran, which sped crept other Heatran to beat w/ Tomb -> EP, I feel like maybe theres a better benchmark for speed, maybe to outspeed invested Cresselia or smth like that.

The defensive EVs also need work, tho for what its worth we don't really reject people on that alone, cause not everyone can EV 100% optimally. But even still, investing for jolly Scarf Darm-G seems like meh reasoning for DLC 2 metagame - running Scarf for the sake of Scarf is kinda outclassed by simply running Custap, unless you have a specific niche only enabled by scarf, like Trick + Scarf. Even if you find a Scarf Darm-G, it will most likely be Adamant, to get as much power as possible.

Krakatoa (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 104 HP / 212 Def / 64 SpA / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Overheat
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon

I recreated your set but optimized - this adds 16 more Spa EVs while keeping the Darm-G roll the same, but still I think the set in general is inherently flawed. I'd try this again w/ something else. - tda

Pokemon Set: (credits to Jebx7, this set is a collab between me and them)
Haxorus @ Haban Berry
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 32 HP / 112 Atk / 228 Def / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Close Combat
EV Explanation: 32 HP / 228 Def bulk allows to live a banded Garchomp Outrage through haban and retaliate. 136+ Spe investment allows Haxorus to outspeed 252 Spe EVs Zygarde and effectively take it down. The remaining Evs are put in Atk to maximize damage.
Discord Username: and now it's rainin' glass#0332

reasoning is fine, though this should be an Adamant nature instead of Jolly to save EVs. I'll add, tho - TDA

Zygarde @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 124 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil
- Skitter Smack
- Rest

I just realized it's so pretty~
SpD is for living Modest Specs Primarina Moonblast so we can outlast with double Skitter Smack into Chesto Rest. Speed is for Jolly Conkeldurr in Complete (for creep). The rest is dumped into defense.

Edit for elaboration:
Specs Primarina as a benchmark is a balance between physical and special, specifically Band Sawk and Specs Victini
252 Atk Choice Band Sawk Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 128+ Def Zygarde: 332-392 (79.2 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
( 252 Atk Choice Band Sawk Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 128+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 332-392 (52.2 - 61.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO this is more helpful)
252 Atk Choice Band Sawk Ice Punch vs. +1 248 HP / 128+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 224-264 (35.2 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Defense is needed for best chances
252 SpA Choice Specs Victini Glaciate vs. 248 HP / 124 SpD Zygarde: 328-388 (78.2 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(252 SpA Choice Specs Victini Glaciate vs. 248 HP / 124 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 328-388 (51.6 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
-1 252 SpA Choice Specs Victini Glaciate vs. 248 HP / 124 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 220-260 (34.6 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Notably it's a 50/50 if they have Trick and use it against Zygarde expecting the Skitter Smack

Eriey#2854

Um. So, EVing for specs 252+ prim in DLC 2 seems kinda weird. I only think you'd run into that in like, super low ladder, not really tournaments or high ladder. Also, if you have 136 EVs leftover in general, putting 12 into Speed and dumping the rest into Defense on a mon that struggles getting kills but doesn't struggle bulking attacks feels really weird. I think there's a lot more potential for seeing exactly how much bulk Zygarde really is going to need at any given time, so you can put either more investment into Speed or Attack. Also, its not even properly EVed for this fake excuse for creeping, you'd only need 8, not 12.

I would try again with a set that has a better overall understanding of what its being used for. This kinda feels incomplete. - tda

Last edited:
Pokemon Sets:
:ss/victini:
Victini @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Atk / 36 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Quick Attack

EV Explanation: 248 HP and 36 Special Defense allow Victini to Survive a Choice Specs boosted Earth Power from Necrozma after Life Orb Damage. The rest is put into Attack with a boosting nature in order to maximize its damage output, notably KOing most variants of Primarina, with the exception of Wacan Berry.
:ss/volcanion:
Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Overheat
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast

EV Explanation: 248 HP and 92 Defense allow Volcanion to survive a Bolt Strike from Choice Band Victini. The rest is put into Special Attack for maximum damage output, with 4 Speed to outspeed other base 70s.

Discord Username: Mubs#2111

not usually a fan of speed creep, but we can handle that in samples. EVing for Victini is solid tho I would wonder if there are any other benchmarks for things that could be considered defensively for Volcanion. Otherwise, it looks fine. added u - tda

XSTATIC COLD

Banned deucer.
it has been a long time that i didn't go to burger king.
And i'm Hungry.

Double Whooper (Wooper) @ Eviolite
Ability: Unaware
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Amnesia
- Curse
- Rest
- Infestation (put some maggots in this sandwich bitch)

Useless? yes. Quagsire is better...

But i'm hungry.

pisxel

when my star shines, will you think of me? ☆
Hello! Here are some poggers sets I made ~

Pokemon Set:
Raikou @ Salac Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 192 HP / 176 Def / 140 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Endure
- Eerie Impulse

Note: Salac can be easily replaced with Custap Berry. However, you may lose to faster Custap users.

EV Explanation:
192 HP / 176 Def / Bold Nature is to ensure Raikou lives 3 Zen Headbutts from Jirachi, a V-Create from Victini (not Banded), and a Surging Strikes and/or CC from Urshifu-RS. The rest of the EVs are put into SpA to beat Togekiss and to allow more offensive capability.
Pokemon Set:
Celesteela @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 60 SpA / 192 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

EV Explanation:
148 HP / 192 SpD are there to ensure Celesteela lives two Thunderbolts from Specs 128 SpA Porygon-Z, two Flamethrowers from Occa Genesect as well as a Flamethrower from Specs Genesect. 8 Atk puts Celesteela in the best situation against the aforementioned Specs 128 Porygon-Z with a 70.7% chance to 2HKO with Heavy Slam while surviving two Thunderbolts.

Discord @:
Lemon Stan Account#4390

So, these two sets show off your creativity but I'm not sure about their overall effectiveness. You're EVing to live 3 of Jirachi's hits, but you also can't be flinched by them bc you're running Inner Focus. You're bulking Urshifu-RS when you can invest less to just outspeed and KO it. You could probably just completely ignore bulking for Jirachi as long as you avoid just the 2HKO, and invest in Speed to outspeed Jirachi after Salac activates. You'd also probably get more utility using Calm Mind instead of Eerie Impulse, since you said its only for Stored Power Jirachi. You also don't even need Shadow Ball, since you're 3HKOing with Tbolt anyway.

Raikou @ Salac Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 8 HP / 184 Def / 180 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Endure
- Calm Mind
- 4th move

Something like this would work just as well/better, with it EVed to live non-band V-Create, outspeed base 100s, and have 10 more Special Attack points.

The Celesteela set probably wouldn't be accepted into a set compendium, either. Having only a 70% chance to do its job kinda sucks, and you're only EVing for 128 spa Specs - Specs in DLC 2 probably won't be as common compared to Plot + Custap, since running Choiced Hyper Beam in an Endure heavy metagame is kinda risky. Specs is more so a relic from DLC 1.

edit 2: to clarify on this point, I think it would be better to maybe lower its evs bulk-wise into other threats, so that you could use the EVs to invest in other areas it may need, like Speed or offensive stats. However, if AV celesteela really can't do anything else with its investments besides getting better odds against specs pz, that'd probably be the only time to do something like that

I like the creative mindset but i think you'll need to work on optimizing movesets a bit more, making matchups more reliable and getting the most out of a Pokemon's movepool. - tda

Thank you for the feedback! I'll make sure to keep it in mind when I'm teambuilding in the future

Last edited:
:Garchomp: Chomper is a cool guy, so have a cool chomper set I made. :Garchomp:
Pokemon Set:
Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

EV Explanation:
Scarf and 252+ Spe allow Garchomp to reach a very high speed tier, outspeeding most other scarfers (such as Jirachi and Haxorus). Scarf also helps Garchomp defeat Victini, as that still gets outsped after one glaciate, while Air Balloon gets 2HKOd by 232 Atk Stone Edge unless running a questionable amount of bulk. Fire Blast helps with Ferrothorn and Kartana, and 24 Spa and a Hasty nature ensure the OHKO on offensive Genesect. I chose Hasty over Naive to always live Victini's unboosted Glaciate.

Discord ID:
MikaAlka#4065

mixed scarf set is clean, takes advantage of its movepool and the state of the metagame. just wondering if Stone Edge has any other purpose/could be slashed for something else, but thats relatively minor. I'll add u - tda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)