Resource Gen 8 1v1 Set Compendium

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Update

Thanks to the submissions from everyone who has joined this project so far, we have a boatload of sets for the top tier mons being focused on (Victini Urshifu Snorlax Primarina Jirachi), alongside sets for many other Pokemon, as well.

I'm super stoked about the enthusiasm with this project ^~^ we're going to work on getting the Alpha version of the compendium out as soon as possible, which will mean reviewing and optimizing the sets sent, alongside adding alternative EVs and generally polishing things up.

This should only take a day or two, given our minds are focused on getting it done. Until then, I'm temporarily going to freeze new additions to this project, both sets and members, though this won't last more than 1-2 days.

You can still put out an application, but I'll be commenting on it after we get the first draft of the compendium out.

Just wanted to let ppl know. I'm very thankful that people are as excited about this as I am xd

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I'm going to put my cursed creation into the aether:

:kartana: :assault-vest: :kartana: :assault-vest:
Kartana @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 244 Atk / 140 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off
:assault-vest: :kartana: :assault-vest: :kartana:

This mon is bulked for Modest Specs Regieleki Thunder, and can reliably live other special hits, provided they aren't fire type. The speed is to outspeed base 80s, and the rest is dumped into attack.

This mon can beat special Custap mons, such as Primarina, with Knock Off, provided they don't have Flamethrower or some other fire move. AV Kart is a fun surprise mon, as most people will be expecting a frail choiced mon, only to be faced with this abomination beautiful creation. This Kartana really struggles against physically oriented mons, but paired with a mon that beats physical mons reliably, this Kartana is a monster. Have fun!

If you have any questions, I can be reached on Discord as Itchyfoot ♤ ~~#6037

s/o to pqs for optimizing this set :blobuwu:

Looks like an interesting lure, functionally works. I'm wondering how useful Sacred Sword is, since you don't rlly have the power to KO threats like Heatran fast enough. But its good enough, I'll add u - tda.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opchurtle100

I COULD BE BANNED!
Application 2: Electric Boogaloo

:vaporeon::vaporeon::vaporeon::vaporeon:
Vaporeon @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 172 HP / 12 Def / 72 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Yawn
- Protect
- Fake Tears
- Shadow Ball

Supposed to be a sylveon immune to water type moves but relies on 3-turn sleep too much. Wacan for banded bolt strike from vic and t-bolt from regieleki. Sp def to give maximum chance to get 4hkoed by moonblast from prim. Enough Spa Attck to do this:

72 SpA Vaporeon Shadow Ball vs. 240 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 134-158 (33.4 - 39.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

12 Def to live banded outrage from dracovish cause I had some leftover Ev's.

Honestly, I don't think this Vaporeon is a solid set(It seem too RNG Dependent even for me), so you can just ignore it.

This is my real set for the application:

:Tsareena::Tsareena::Tsareena:
Tsareena @ Custap Berry
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Def
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Endure
- High Jump Kick
- Triple Axel

What I think is really unique about this mon is that it can be used as a custap user that isn't bothered by priority. The bulk is to give the maximum chance to live a banded outrage from dragapult and live banded(Jolly) and scarf wicked blows from urshifu and destroying them back with high jump kick(or 2). Triple Axel is for non-acro rilla, zygod, clutch for dragapult and haxorus(however these match ups aren't reliable), and maybe some other niche mons. Even though I don't like Triple Axel because of its shaky accuracy and would like to change the move slot, it's too good of coverage not to use. The rest of the Evs are in Atk.

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Zapdos-Galar
Zapdos-Galar @ Custap Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 72 Def / 48 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reversal
- Brave Bird
- Thunderous Kick
- Endure
252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus Outrage vs. 248 HP / 72 Def Zapdos-Galar: 324-382 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 48 SpD Zapdos-Galar: 324-382 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Speed outspeeds Timid base 60s
Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 72 Def / 76 SpD / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Thunderous Kick
- Counter
252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus Outrage vs. 248 HP / 72 Def Zapdos-Galar: 324-382 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
SpD EVs give Genesect an Atk boost and tanks Overheat from Timid specs Heatran
Speed outspeeds Modest Heatran
An alternative spread of 248 HP / 8 Atk / 204 Def / 48 SpD Adamant can be run to tank a Jolly Banded V-create from Victini but sacrifices all speed and somewhat the Heatran matchup (loses to Modest specs Overheat)
Discord ID: Bruh#4229

Nice sets, A bit concerned about Band's lack of relative power for what its eving for, specifically Genesect, the KO is only a roll. But besides that, pretty good. added u - TDA

Last edited by a moderator:

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Update

Alrighty, so the Alpha version of the Set Compendium has been completed!

This first edition focused on getting representation from everything rated A- and above, especially the top 5 Pokemon in the metagame, Victini, Urshifu-S, Primarina, Snorlax, and Jirachi.

There were many submissions for Pokemon rated B+ or below; however, not every Pokemon in these lower rankings has yet to receive representation, especially the lower down the VR you go. They will receive sets as the Set Compendium moves on to the second slate, as well as the higher ranked Pokemon receiving more sets and EV spreads.

Without further ado, the Alpha Set Compendium: https://pokepast.es/7dc9d18efd0d91e0
(With EV Explanations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16NgtTINue35_4ZZI4RavK3L-JeyBDiqBizFs7kRTYbM/edit#)

A big thanks to, in approximate order of level of contributions, STABLE smely socks Mishlef pqs Murman0064 Vrji HowDidWeGetHere parr0t Here comes team Charm! zio Nalei Potatochan Magic Mushie Rosa Boat TheShadowClaw lopinon Mubs for helping get this thing out there

For those who have submitted apps above, I'll be reviewing them later today.

We're officially starting the second slate with the release of the Alpha Compendium, with a focus on getting the rest of the representation for everything in B- and above, and creating unique new sets for the A- and above mons!

nolenot

Banned deucer.
Choice Band Dragapult
Dragapult @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dive
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
Very Cool Set, Main Thing About it Is ConsistAntly Beating Victini Unlike Sub Disable Pult, As Well as Beating Porygon-Z Without a 50/50
It also Beats Excadrill Because of Dive But Who Cares Lol, And It also Beats Both Fat Fuck Eggs (Chansey and Blissey). This is Just Another Dragapult set But I Think It is Very Cool And Relevant, As In I Have Actually Seen Band Dragapults On Ladder Recently Besides Mine. Pls Add Nalei Uwu.

nolenot

Banned deucer.
oops double post :sunglasses:
Zarude @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 200 HP / 100 Atk / 32 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Close Combat
- Stomping Tantrum
beats magnezone and stuff weak to it's stuff, not gonna explain EVs because this is krytocon's set.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:ss/ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Occa/Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 48 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Protect

Defensive investment lives a Close Combat from Choice Band Haxorus, and the Attack investment lets you KO back with Gyro Ball. The rest is dumped into Special Defense.

zxgzxg#4137

Last edited:
:moltres:Burn Up Moltres:moltres:
Moltres @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 212 HP / 196 SpD / 100 Spe
Careful Nature
- Burn Up
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Roost
Lives max SpA Prim Hydro Cannon after burn up then at most 3hkos max HP 148 Def (sets compendium) with Brave Bird.
Maranga for Sparkling Aria. 100 speed to outrun max speed prim and other base 60s. Also lives max SpA Specs modest Genesect Thunderbolt.

edit: im dumb and pasted the wrong set, ill try and find the edited spread that i had in the calc
edit 2: fixed

Last edited:

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
:moltres:Burn Up Moltres:moltres:
Moltres @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 212 HP / 196 SpD / 100 Spe
Careful Nature
- Burn Up
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Roost
Lives max SpA Prim Hydro Cannon after burn up then at most 3hkos max HP 148 Def (sets compendium) with Brave Bird.
Maranga for Sparkling Aria. 100 speed to outrun max speed prim and other base 60s. Also lives max SpA Specs modest Genesect Thunderbolt.

edit: im dumb and pasted the wrong set, ill try and find the edited spread that i had in the calc
edit 2: fixed
you know you're in the discord chat to send sets in, right? xd

Pokemon Set:
Regieleki @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Eerie Impulse
- Thunder Cage
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

EV Explanation:
Chesto resto for a quick turn of recovery that helps in a lot of matchups, like against yawn fake tears Sylveon or Specs mons without trick.
EV+Nature to achieve max special bulk. 4 leftover points in SpA for Thunder Cage.

The plan is to face special attackers and stall them with our speed and Eerie impulse, which lowers the foe SpA by 2 stages.
Thunder Cage over other electric moves for the DoT, pretty neat in stall faceoffs.
It might be a stall set, but it still straight up wins against frail mons weak to electric moves, like banded Urshifu-RS.

Discord Username:

Maxmence#9541 (I'm just posting my set because I think it's viable. Not applying to anything rn)

big (Snorlax) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 140 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def / 108 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Double-Edge
- Heat Crash
- Encore

explanation:
the hp and defense tanks band rillaboom wood hammer, and you can kill back with heat crash twice. the hp and spd tanks specs modest regieleki electro ball, and kills back with heat crash twice. rest of evs are put into attack. can alternatively run counter over heat crash to lose some but beat avalugg

discord:penta#2058

:tapu-koko: Stop! Thief! :tapu-koko: :kecleon:

Tapu Koko @ Electric Seed
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Def / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thief
- Taunt
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird

Lots of options with this one. Spread with electric seed popped lets you take 2 hits from +1 Rillaboom, which is enough turns to KO with brave bird. OHKOs most Prima variants w/ max attack wild charge as well. Matches up well against many other physical sets because of natural bulk amplified with +1.

Bulk also allows tapu to get off thief against a lot of sets, creating a lot of opportunities. Since elec seed was popped, Tapu gets +1 and has an empty slot to steal an item. Shuts down a lot of the cast of Custap mons because it can get an easy steal + taunt + max attack recoil move. Good matchup against Scarf Jirachi (and other scarf mons with little coverage to deal with it) with the option to steal scarf and max attack Wild Charge. Steals all of the important stuff like weakness policies, choice items, berries, depending on the situation, which opens up to a lot of sneaky counterplay, only amplified by the spread.

Galaxy Brownie#4357

bilb owo

Banned deucer.
I have over the last few weeks been making and testing a lot of sets, here are the best ones that I have come up with.

Discord username: Bilbooo#8621

Pwimawina (Mamoswine) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 92 HP / 120 Atk / 252 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Rock Slide

I built this mamoswine to beat all the popular primarina sets around 90% of the time. (48+ SpA Primarina Hydro Cannon vs. 92 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Mamoswine: 324-384 (84.3 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO), in return 2hkoing 92.6% of the time. While Sitrus berry sets are able to counter this with moon blast followed by hydro cannon eq will do less than 50% 18.7% of the time allowing for a possible win, and generally primarinas just click hydro cannon anyway expecting it to kill. There is ice shard for endure Custap sets as well. This beats pretty much all pure special attackers, not just primarina and is just a very solid set.

wristband man2 (Zarude-Dada) @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 132 HP / 144 Atk / 24 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Bulk Up

This set takes advantage of zarudes huge 600BST alongside it's bad defensive typing to ohko after living a super effective attack. 132 HP allows this to live a 252 SpAtk Tapu Lele moonblast, 144 Atk is to guarantee an ohko on primarina, and 208 speed with a jolly nature lets this speed tie other mons EVd to outspeed max speed genesect. (24 in defence is just the leftover Evs, but helps with a lot of rolls). Bulk up is also there to more reliably live super effective physical attacks and beat a lot of setup mons with the combination of bulk up and darkest lariat.

wristband man (Zarude) @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 96 HP / 204 Atk / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Endure
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Close Combat

This is a more frail version of the same idea, prioritising endure and lower defences to beat mons like specs genesect.

BtecLatias (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 Def / 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Mystical Fire
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor

This is another anti genesect set (losing only to occa berry mixed sets). The 168 speed is to outspeed modest scarf gene sects, and the 12 SpD is to live a timid scarf genesect bug buzz. Modest with 252 SpAtk hits like a truck, and I poured the remaining Evs into defence to fix its middling defence stat. This beats setup mons with trick and has a great typing against competing special attackers like volcanion which it 2hkos.

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The 1v1 set compendium is under new management!

Some of y'all may have seen the thread owner change already, but for those who didn't: hi! TDA has transferred this project to me, and with PL over for most I'm ready to get this project back on its wheels.

For various reasons, we'll be proceeding from the abridged set compendium that I've been creating in the past weeks. It's somewhat more up to date than the current beta compendium (let alone the publicly released alpha), made for a postlax meta, and a bit more structured.

Fundamentally, nothing will change. You can still apply here by submitting a set for review. Anyone who's already got the setbuilder role will keep it: anyone who's had it in the past and wants it back is free to ask me. As PL winds down, I'm expecting to see people return to this project.

However, I do think it's wise to take a slightly more focused approach going forward. The past compendium suffered from a lack of direction sometimes, leading to situations like the beta compendium containing zero sets for kyurem, azumarill, or nihilego, no LO zera, and no balloon heatran, while also having roseli pheromosa and three different chople incineroar spreads.

I envision a strategy that's worked for the abridged compendiums: a small selection of builders looks over the next VR rank and picks 1-3 sets for each mon that properly embody its wide range of options (so in the case of diancie that'd be Trick Room WP, in the case of nihilego specs and power herb...). The setbuilding community then uses this list as a guideline to develop the next batch of pokemon, ensuring essential sets aren't skipped over because nobody felt like developing them while encouraging a curated sample of the metagame.

Once we're done with the VR these restrictions will obviously loosen, but the first priority should be a compendium that contains the most relevant sets of all viable pokemon. In the immediate future, the priority is reviewing the sets up to B- and composing a list of archetypes for the C+ pokemon. This should be doable within the week: afterwards builders can begin on C+ (and a few missed sets of higher tiers).

Finally, note that the OP has been changed a little bit: I encourage people to check it out again. I'll be in the discord if you have any questions, you can use the setbuilding channel or my PMs to ask those.

bilb owo

Banned deucer.
Updated yache Lando-t set, largely designed for things like ice punch sawk, avalanche aggron and specs genesect.

flying angry (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 108 HP / 72 Atk / 148 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bulldoze
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

The HP lets lando live a 252 Atk adamant CB regidrago outrage, with Spdef to live a nihilego meteor beam. The speed is to outspeed max speed spectrier at -1 letting you win the matchup with SD- bulldoze- knock off. The attack is what is left after bulking and speed to more reliably 2hko things like regidrago that this mon is EVd to live against.

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Updated yache Lando-t set, largely designed for things like ice punch sawk, avalanche aggron and specs genesect.

flying angry (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 108 HP / 72 Atk / 148 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bulldoze
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

The HP lets lando live a 252 Atk adamant CB regidrago outrage, with Spdef to live a nihilego meteor beam. The speed is to outspeed max speed spectrier at -1 letting you win the matchup with SD- bulldoze- knock off. The attack is what is left after bulking and speed to more reliably 2hko things like regidrago that this mon is EVd to live against.
Looks good, I'll add you to the channel!

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
Version 1.4.1 is out!

https://pokepast.es/592e11f9f6152360

Now with all C-rank pokemon, new sets for old mons, and much more! The doc has been similarly updated.

Newly added C rank Pokemon
-Blacephalon (Scarf)
-Chandelure (Custap)
-Conkeldurr (LO)
-Corviknight (Maranga stall)
-Darmanitan (Scarf)
-Diggersby (Band)
-Durant (Band, Entrainment)
-Entei (Pressure stall)
-Grimmsnarl (Band, LO)
-Landorus (LO)
-Latias (WP)
-Mamoswine (Band, Chople)
-Marowak-Alola (SD bulky offense)
-Moltres (Stall)
-Nidoking (LO)
-Pyukumuku (Countercoat)
-Quagsire (Counter stall)
-Rotom-W (Specs)
-Salamence (Scarf, Haban)
-Salazzle (LO)
-Skarmory (Stall)
-Weavile (LO)
-Whimsicott (Occa, Kebia, Babiri)

Other Additions
-Added a specially defensive Specs Necrozma set that beats Regieleki and most Genesect.
-Added Yawn Swampert
-Added Specs Pheromosa.
-Added Sub Liechi Reversal Urshifu, a set that carves out a niche with its favorable Volcanion and Celesteela matchups.
-Added stall Rotom-H.
-Added Assault Vest Rhyperior.

Tweaks
-Shifted Haban Zygarde's EVs to make the Regidrago matchup more reliable.
-Slashed Mirror Coat on Choice Band Avalugg.
-Changed the nature of Archeop's sets to account for their mixed capabilities.
-Slashed Disable and Wood Hammer on Tapu Bulu.
-Gave stall Chansey 0 attack IVs.
-Added toxic as a slash option on raikou, you happy now smely?
-Fixed heatran's special defense which was four EVs off.
-Changed rhyperior's choice band set EV- and move-wise.

Last edited:
Pokemon Set:
the sets comp stole the moveset from me not the other way around imoimo
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Assault Vest
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 SpD
Lonely Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- Poison Jab
EV Explanation:
kept it simple for this iteration
252 SpA Choice Specs Genesect Thunderbolt vs. 28 HP / 228 SpD Assault Vest Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 206-244 (59.1 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Genesect: 250-295 (88.3 - 104.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

^ specs gene

and it still beats custap prim

in this version i attempted to reconcile the low attack the last version had while still keeping the basis of it being pretty damn tanky for an offensive mon and i think it serves its purpose, at least considering what it was made for

the exact spd number is to push its spd 1 above its def so that gene is an extremely difficult matchup for it, which is a common mon

and, as said before, it lives a lot of fairy attacks that would normally oneshot it while now being able to punch back much harder

alternatively, here's the funny aegislash set i made specifically so i would have an eleki counter on one of my teams

Pokemon Set:
Aegislash (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpA / 128 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon
EV Explanation:
notable interactions:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Electro Ball (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 128 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 273-322 (84.2 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

128+ SpA Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Regieleki: 313-370 (103.9 - 122.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

e: no the aegislash set doesnt kill eleki, i just found it comedic
e2: yes it does i hate the damage calc not arbitrarily changing to blade forme whenever i wanna calc for aegi damage:
188 SpA Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Regieleki: 298-352 (99 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
e3: resubmission
e4: nature fix
Discord Username: tenzhii#6892

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
Pokemon Set:
the sets comp stole the moveset from me not the other way around imoimo
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Assault Vest
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 SpD
Lonely Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- Poison Jab
EV Explanation:
kept it simple for this iteration
252 SpA Choice Specs Genesect Thunderbolt vs. 28 HP / 228 SpD Assault Vest Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: 206-244 (59.1 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Urshifu-Rapid-Strike Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Genesect: 250-295 (88.3 - 104.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

^ specs gene

and it still beats custap prim

in this version i attempted to reconcile the low attack the last version had while still keeping the basis of it being pretty damn tanky for an offensive mon and i think it serves its purpose, at least considering what it was made for

the exact spd number is to push its spd 1 above its def so that gene is an extremely difficult matchup for it, which is a common mon

and, as said before, it lives a lot of fairy attacks that would normally oneshot it while now being able to punch back much harder

alternatively, here's the funny aegislash set i made specifically so i would have an eleki counter on one of my teams

Pokemon Set:
Aegislash (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpA / 128 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon
EV Explanation:
notable interactions:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Electro Ball (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 128 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 273-322 (84.2 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

128+ SpA Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Regieleki: 313-370 (103.9 - 122.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

e: no the aegislash set doesnt kill eleki, i just found it comedic
e2: yes it does i hate the damage calc not arbitrarily changing to blade forme whenever i wanna calc for aegi damage:
188 SpA Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Regieleki: 298-352 (99 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
e3: resubmission
e4: nature fix
Discord Username: tenzhii#6892
I'm not sure about the urshifu set: it still loses to the common mixed LO genesect (who just clicks Gunk Shot into Espeed). The Aegislash looks fine though, with no real nitpicks (I guess you could move 4 HP EVs to spa, or run a couple fewer speed IVs?), so that one qualifies you.

Welcome to the setbuilder channel, I'll add you on discord!

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
1.5.1 is out!

https://pokepast.es/f471637a9711541d

New Rank (C-):
-Bewear (Bulky Offense)
-Blissey (Lens Offense, Chople)
-Gyarados (Band)
-Keldeo (Specs) (unrank this mon)
-Mandibuzz (Stall)
-Porygon2 (Bulky Offense)
-Scizor (Band, Occa)
-Slowking-Galar (Specs)
-Stakataka (AV)
-Thundurus-Therian (Specs)
-Toxapex (Stall)
-Tyrantrum (LO)

Other Additions:
-Added AV urshifu-rapid
-Added AV genesect
-Mishlef has been pushing specs spectrier very hard so ig it's here now, if y'all wanna have a public uproar please direct it at him.
-Added wisp hex dragapult

Tweaks:
-Changed Choice Specs Rotom-Heat's EV spread to outspeed Adamant Urshifu-Rapid, previously it outsped Adamant base 95s.
-Reworked move suggestions on AV glastrier so High Horsepower is recommended by default.
-Scarf Blacephalon now recommends Mind Blown over Overheat by default
-Reworked Koko's slash options a bit.
-Added 8 defense on specs sylveon to survive a hit from Roseli/Scarf Haxorus.
-Removed Mystical Fire as a slash option on Yawn Sylveon, it simply doesn't stand up to Fake Tears or Hyper Beam.
-Changed Yawn Sylveon's EVs to be more reliable vs Roseli Urshifu-Rapid.
-Changed Goodra's recommended nature to be just Gooey on the spread that EVs with it.

As always, reordened mons to be in line with the most recent VR thread.

Shoutout to Bulk, Rosa, Vrji, Potatochan, Murman, Itchyfoot, pqs, bilbooo, and everyone else who's contributed sets: I'm extremely grateful for your continued support and advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)