Ability: Perish Body
EVs: 248 HP / 128 SpA / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Endure
- Dig
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
EV Explanation:
Cursola is a interesting mon, and i built that set before knowing about the compendium's one. They're pretty similar, but i found the actual set too passive. I made a Cursola without any def invest : it already have a awful defense stat and prefered to beat other threats. With Ice Beam / Shadow Ball / Dig you will one vs a lot of excellent pokemon in the metagame.

Scarf Fini :
128 SpA Cursola Shadow Ball vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 105-124 (34.8 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
156 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 132+ SpD Cursola: 76-90 (23.5 - 27.8%) -- 80.1% chance to 4HKO
-1 128 SpA Cursola Shadow Ball vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 70-84 (23.2 - 27.9%) -- 78.6% chance to 4HKO
You should win with potential spdef + custap.
You have also a good chance to win vs other set (You struggle a bit vs CM though)

252 SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 248 HP / 132+ SpD Cursola: 76-91 (23.5 - 28.1%) -- 91.7% chance to 4HKO
With custap, you have 87% of winning the matchup.
You also win vs magnezones, zygarde, a lot of band pokemons (not g-darm tho)

Maybe the Evs aren't perfect, but i think a more offensive cursola should be added

I would like to suggest specs fini. While there are many tapu fini sets not in the comp, I felt this one deserved a mention even if it doesn't get added.

Clam Chowder (Tapu Fini) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Misty Surge/Telepathy
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Ice Beam/Rest

Trick is for trick. Ice Beam is for AV zygarde (it bulks moonblast). (hydro pump beats AV Metagross but not banded)

152 hp is to live non investment zarude and 2 hits from non adamant metagross.
0 Atk Zarude Power Whip vs. 152 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 270-318 (84.6 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 152 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 135-159 (42.3 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Beats Scarf fini (not calm mind draining kiss sitrus berry)
252+ SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 152 HP / 104 SpD Tapu Fini: 102-120 (31.9 - 37.6%) -- 89.4% chance to 3HKO (Scarf)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Fini: 163-193 (58 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Specs

Surf beats metagross if they are non AV/Band (hydro pump beats AV Metagross but not banded)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Hydro Pump vs. 160 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 174-205 (51 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Surf vs. 224 HP / 72 SpD Metagross: 196-232 (54.9 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I'm sure the the EV's aren't perfect and I would try to make it better, I'm just currently doing other things so i didn't get to spend as much time as I normally like when making a set comp suggestion. (I'm sure 252+ spa isn't needed, and 104 spd is probably not optimal. If someone has better EV's tell me and I'll update them)

Last edited:
Hey, I think I found something that really messes up AV Zygarde.
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen81v1-1452243689 1st Version
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen81v1-1452232659 2nd Version
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen81v1-1452245988 3rd Version

Fraun has also tested this with R7M so I assume he will also make a post about this soon.
I looked at the Compendium explanation and saw that AV zygarde didn't mention sylveon, maybe this already got mentioned? I'm pretty sure that many people have told me AV Zygarde beats Sylveon, (and I have beaten it myself), so I guess it was never tested if they use fake tears 3 times. (specs should still win)

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Release 3.5!

Additions
-Added LO Dracovish (for real this time)
-Added LO Landorus-Therian.
-Added AV Tapu Fini.
-Added Specs Tapu Fini
-Added WP Tapu Fini
-All hail Fini, meta overlord (overlady?)
-Added Pickpocket Weavile

Removals
-Removed Band Dracovish (for real this time)
-Removed AV prim bc it doesn't do all that much.

Tweaks
-Gave Specs Diancie 31 attack IVs.
-Updated the Silvally-Fairy spread properly this time (it's just a shift of 8 HP EVs).
-Slashed Power Gem on Specs Necrozma for Entei.
-Gave Shedinja minimum defense for the mirror against scarfless ditto (it matters literally nowhere else).
-Corrected the Skill Swap Lele set movenames (hate u Vrji)
-Slashed Thunderbolt on Stall Rotom-Heat as you need it to beat Togekiss.
-Gave AV tentacruel 4 defense for psyshock users, noted an altspread in the doc.
-Removed Protect on Venusaur.
-Slashed Mystical Fire on Choice Specs Sylveon which wasn't there already somehow.
-Slashed Bulldoze on Choice Band Lando-T for Entei.
-Slashed Water Pulse on Specs Volcanion for, guess what, Entei.
-Made AV Registeel's Steel move Heavy Slam by default, Iron Head remains slashed, turns out Flash Cannon didn't actually do anything.
-Updated the Band Scizor spread.
-Reworked AV Entei's moves (Eruption is now suggested)
-Reworked the Occa gross set bc someone didn't ev it for the things they claimed it was evd for.
-Gave WP metagross min speed for the mirror.
-Updated scarf heatran
-Reworked Choice Band Steelix entirely, it now runs Bulldoze and max/max.
-Updated the specs kyurem spread to reliably beat scarf fini, other spread is now altspread.
-Fixed HP on raikou, ty smely.
-Slightly tweaked EVs on moltG so it has a tiny bit more special bulk.
-Improved scarf volcanion spread so it has more bulk.
-Updated the ninetales-alola set, which I will continue to insist is just bad aromatisse.
-Overhauled AV zyg and slashed Iron Tail on it.

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In further news, I'll be stepping down as manager of the sets compendium. Over the last seven months there've been a lot of meta shifts and bans, and I'd like to thank all setbuilders (as well as the larger community) for helping to keep this resource updated and accurate.

Going forward, the sets compendium will be jointly managed by fruan and Murman, who've both contributed massively to the compendium and shown a great deal of enthusiasm for the project, as well as the metagame knowledge required to manage this resource. I will continue to advise them and remain active in the set submission channel on the discord.

Again, my deepest gratitude for everyone who's helped make this compendium become what it is, and my appreciation for everyone who's made suggestions to improve it. I hope we can keep this up through whatever changes may come to the metagame.

Charm out.

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Haxorus @ Custap Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Endure

suggesting this basic set

the evs are meaningless, besides max attack, i just lazily hit the speed tier to outspeed metagross and went from there. Someone else can/should optimize them.

the important thing is the set. Obviously this will be compared to Custap Garchomp, but I think this set has a few qualities that set it apart in terms of usefulness. IMO custap sets work best when your opponent has to realistically expect and play differently against another set, which is definitely the case for Haxorus, as people will usually have to immediately attack to beat the choice sets. Mold Breaker also is a far superior ability to Rough Skin, letting it beat sturdy counter mons that kinda shit on Garchomp with the same moves. Garchomp is also screwed over by Ice coverage moves, which are run often enough to make setup either inconsistent or impossible, depending on the opposing set. Lastly, Adamant Haxorus has more Attack then Adamant Garchomp, which will often snag KOs against pokemon eved for Adamant Garchomp/Jolly Scarf Haxorus/Jolly Band Hax after SD. You do lose to opposing custap chomp, but

Putting this here bc there are currently no SD Haxorus sets on the compendium, and I think custap fits nicely for the item, and is by far a better lure set than Custap Chomp is in the current meta.

got to 1600s with it, for whatever that's worth

edit 1:
Regieleki @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Eerie Impulse
- Rest
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder
I like this set. EVs let you live a -2 Hyper Beam from specs Sylveon. Does a lot of stuff specs does, but more consistent against variants of mons that beat specs set, like mirror coat/beam magnezone. Thunder doesn't seem super necessary but i can't think of a better option, thunder cage is a bit redundant and electro ball is bad with no speed investment.

Last edited:

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
here's a lele i made

Tapu Lele @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 152 HP / 36 Def / 144 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

has 297 speed to outspeed base 85s and (more importantly) adamant urshifus. Bulk lets you survive a banded jolly surging strikes from urshifu-r, activating sitrus on the second hit to always survive three. HP is a work in progress, but basically its designed so you don't need to predict against Primarina, just CM turn 1 and follow up with another CM or a taunt, depending on what they do or what set they are (if they're encore you'll be fine, too). Probably not optimal but so far Lele isn't exactly looking for all the spa it can get, so someone else can fix it.

The speed is pretty useful, and catches a lot of stuff off guard. Not running something like 226 speed on Lele means that you're above the endless lower base speed creeps and thus get consistency against mons like fini/cm psyshock necrozma.

consistently beats fini/primarina/necrozma/sylveon (except yawn if that still exists)/regidrago/zygarde/Urshifus (except Jolly CB Urshifu-S so don't use it in low ladder)

Last edited:

Murm

formerly Murman
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Version 3.6 is out yay https://pokepast.es/57aa26ed1890f5e9

Additions
  • Added Choice Band Landorus-I
  • Added WP Tyranitar
  • Added AV Zeraora
  • Added Offensive Ninetales-Alola
  • Added Custap Haxorus
  • Added Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike
  • Added Liechi Zarude
  • Added Choice Specs Volcarona
  • Added Life Orb Pheromosa
  • Added Rocky Helmet Spectrier
  • Added AV Blissey
  • Added Offensive Cursola
  • Added a bulky alternate spread for Choice Scarf Darmanitan-Galar
  • Added a bulky alternate spread for Choice Band Darmanitan-Galar
  • Added a bulky alternate spread for Choice Specs Diancie
  • Added a Ninetales-Alola alt spread.
  • Added Stall Diancie
  • Added new Silvally sets

Removals
  • Removed Sitrus Landorus-T (use life orb)
  • Removed Haban Garchomp (outclassed by custap)
  • Removed AV Garchomp (use zyg lol)
  • Removed Chople Tyranitar (outclassed in every way by custap)
  • Removed Choice Specs Pheromosa (use mixed lorb if you really need to)
  • Removed Stall Tentacruel (use toxapex)

Tweaks
  • Reworked Choice Specs Sylveon
  • Reworked Bandorus-T, added Iron Tail, changed the alt spread since it was bulked for Timid Naganadel and Jolly Urshifu
  • Reworked Life Orb Zapdos’ slashes
  • Reworked Marowak-Alola
  • Reworked Stall Body Press Registeel
  • Reworked AV Registeel (actually beats aroma now)
  • Overhauled Necrozma’s slash options (coverage is cool, psyshock ia goated)
  • Slashed Thunderbolt on Choice Specs Naganadel for Celesteela
  • Slashed Charm on Chansey
  • Reworked Custap Ferrothorn’s slash options
  • Slashed Heavy Slam on Celesteela for Togekiss
  • Slashed Rest on Haban Kommo-o
  • Replaced Aqua Tail with Counter on Choice Band Haxorus
  • Slashed Scald on Raikou for burn cheese and less struggle damage
  • Reworked Stall Cresselia’s moves
  • Made Custap Tyranitar max max and made the previous spread an alt spread
  • Made Specs Volcanion have a Special Attack dump (beating timid naga is cool but ko-ing things is cooler)
  • Reworked Custap Zapdos-Galar
  • Reworked Kee Volcarona
  • Reworked Tapu Bulu’s slashes
  • Slashed Fling on Choice Band Urshifu
  • Reworked Scarf Urshifu’s slashes
  • Reworked Specs Tapu Lele’s slashes
  • Updated the Corviknight set
  • Added superpower as an AV zyg slash to reliably beat porygon-z
  • Reworked Quagsire (now the ground type beats the electric steel)
  • Slashed Icy Wind on Stall Azumarill
  • Reworked Haban Zygarde
  • Reworked WP Zygarde
  • Slashed Rest on Rocky Helmet Zygarde
  • Reworked Draining Kiss Tapu Fini
  • Slashed the nature on Scarf Porygon-Z
  • Slashed Jolly on Band Darmanitan-Galar (tremble in fear 290 speed-creepers)
  • Slashed Encore on Stall Escavalier
  • Slashed Night Shade and Spite on Corsola Galar
  • Reworked Custap Tapu Lele
  • Reworked AV Entei (it turns out having spdef on the AV mon is nice)
  • Made the alt spread for Pressure Stall Entei the main spread
  • Changed the speed on Aromatisse for best mirror odds
  • Reworked Specs Hydreigon’s slashes
  • Reworked Specs Primarina’s slash options

Thanks to everyone who has helped out, and special thanks to Here Comes Team Charm! for their long standing contribution and careful managing and allowing Fraun and I to take over and bring it to the ground.

Version 3.6 is out yay https://pokepast.es/57aa26ed1890f5e9

Additions
  • Added Choice Band Landorus-I
  • Added WP Tyranitar
  • Added AV Zeraora
  • Added Offensive Ninetales-Alola
  • Added Custap Haxorus
  • Added Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike
  • Added Liechi Zarude
  • Added Choice Specs Volcarona
  • Added Life Orb Pheromosa
  • Added Rocky Helmet Spectrier
  • Added AV Blissey
  • Added Offensive Cursola
  • Added a bulky alternate spread for Choice Scarf Darmanitan-Galar
  • Added a bulky alternate spread for Choice Band Darmanitan-Galar
  • Added a bulky alternate spread for Choice Specs Diancie
  • Added a Ninetales-Alola alt spread.
  • Added Stall Diancie
  • Added new Silvally sets

Removals
  • Removed Sitrus Landorus-T (use life orb)
  • Removed Haban Garchomp (outclassed by custap)
  • Removed AV Garchomp (use zyg lol)
  • Removed Chople Tyranitar (outclassed in every way by custap)
  • Removed Choice Specs Pheromosa (use mixed lorb if you really need to)
  • Removed Stall Tentacruel (use toxapex)

Tweaks
  • Reworked Choice Specs Sylveon
  • Reworked Bandorus-T, added Iron Tail, changed the alt spread since it was bulked for Timid Naganadel and Jolly Urshifu
  • Reworked Life Orb Zapdos’ slashes
  • Reworked Marowak-Alola
  • Reworked Stall Body Press Registeel
  • Reworked AV Registeel (actually beats aroma now)
  • Overhauled Necrozma’s slash options (coverage is cool, psyshock ia goated)
  • Slashed Thunderbolt on Choice Specs Naganadel for Celesteela
  • Slashed Charm on Chansey
  • Reworked Custap Ferrothorn’s slash options
  • Slashed Heavy Slam on Celesteela for Togekiss
  • Slashed Rest on Haban Kommo-o
  • Replaced Aqua Tail with Counter on Choice Band Haxorus
  • Slashed Scald on Raikou for burn cheese and less struggle damage
  • Reworked Stall Cresselia’s moves
  • Made Custap Tyranitar max max and made the previous spread an alt spread
  • Made Specs Volcanion have a Special Attack dump (beating timid naga is cool but ko-ing things is cooler)
  • Reworked Custap Zapdos-Galar
  • Reworked Kee Volcarona
  • Reworked Tapu Bulu’s slashes
  • Slashed Fling on Choice Band Urshifu
  • Reworked Scarf Urshifu’s slashes
  • Reworked Specs Tapu Lele’s slashes
  • Updated the Corviknight set
  • Added superpower as an AV zyg slash to reliably beat porygon-z
  • Reworked Quagsire (now the ground type beats the electric steel)
  • Slashed Icy Wind on Stall Azumarill
  • Reworked Haban Zygarde
  • Reworked WP Zygarde
  • Slashed Rest on Rocky Helmet Zygarde
  • Reworked Draining Kiss Tapu Fini
  • Slashed the nature on Scarf Porygon-Z
  • Slashed Jolly on Band Darmanitan-Galar (tremble in fear 290 speed-creepers)
  • Slashed Encore on Stall Escavalier
  • Slashed Night Shade and Spite on Corsola Galar
  • Reworked Custap Tapu Lele
  • Reworked AV Entei (it turns out having spdef on the AV mon is nice)
  • Made the alt spread for Pressure Stall Entei the main spread
  • Changed the speed on Aromatisse for best mirror odds
  • Reworked Specs Hydreigon’s slashes
  • Reworked Specs Primarina’s slash options

Thanks to everyone who has helped out, and special thanks to Here Comes Team Charm! for their long standing contribution and careful managing and allowing Fraun and I to take over and bring it to the ground.
fewef.jpg

My bird needs some love, I hope that with the new management this can be changed. Am happy to provide my 20+ sets for the beautiful bird <3

welp time to add something drifblim something i love this mon
so imma explain the only good set imo

NewBlim (Drifblim) @ Sitrus Berry/Weakness Policy
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 80 HP / 172 Def / 252 SpD
Kalm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Strength Sap

Evs explained: 80 hp so it can live a zyg photon geiser and then disable strength sap to kill it, i used to run 64 speed ivs to outspeed dragapult but nowadays its better with more bulk since most mons you will use this guy on are bulky and slow and faster mons will probably kill you in 1 hit anyway,
some good matchups are vs tapu lele since you just shadowball t1 disable t2 and will most likely win unless its a sitrus berry set, vs necrozoma it kills most since the only one that can one shot you is specs with max special attack investment, so anyway i love this set it can cheese a lot of matchups but i dont think its top tier just the top of what drifblim can do

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qqm6sLAcxbtTFTwSWGyTvETZPHTO86P__hfNpletbJE/edit?usp=sharing dumb thingy i made to rank the sets ive made idk if it goes here but since ive made it imma share it anyway

fake tom numbers

formerly Tom1535
Sylveon @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 108 SpA / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Yawn
- Protect
- Mystical Fire
Evs: The added special bulk tanks stuff like modest specs naganadel, specs porygon-z, and beats other special attackers like togekiss, regieleki and salazzle. It also helps by trying to beat other fairies, like sylveon or garnevoir. Babiri lets it take a lot of physical/special steel users, like magnezone, kart, ferro, scizor, non-band aggron, durant, avalugg and escavalier. Some matchups depend on sleep, like ceelesteela, aegislash and metagross. The rest is dumped into special attack. Don't have much else to say.
Some calcs: 252+ Atk Choice Band Steelix Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 20 Def Babiri Berry Sylveon: 333-393 (84.5 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Naganadel Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Sylveon: 332-392 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
128+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Sylveon: 332-392 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Babiri Berry Sylveon: 142-168 (36 - 42.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Sylveon yawns t1 and protects t2, then 2hkos: 108 SpA Sylveon Mystical Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 142-168 (50.5 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Edit: removed nihelgo bc sylveon loses to it anyway
2nd edit:
AV (Tapu Fini) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 240 HP / 4 Def / 84 SpA / 180 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Icy Wind
- Ice Beam
- Nature's Madness / Hydro Pump
This is from the set comp. I'm just wondering why someone chose AV instead of misty seed, since it does the same thing except you can actually use status moves like cm and taunt. Don't know if it was a mistake or just on purpose. (Idk why it would be but maybe)

Last edited:

Murm

formerly Murman
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Version 3.7 is here yay!

https://pokepast.es/6707a6c16aa0fcbd

Additions
  • Sub Lefties Corviknight
  • +1 scarf metagross
  • sub disable bulu
  • Cb glastrier
  • LO diggersby
  • Regirock gm
  • WP moltres galar
  • 2 av goodra sets instead of 1 and reworked both of them
  • Custap heatran
  • Thief koko
  • Stall silvally grass
  • Stall silvally water
  • New zyg (50% lol) set

Removals
  • Haban goodra
  • Maranga volcarona
  • WP buzz
  • Stall diancie
  • Ep from necrozma
  • Helmet spectrier
  • Scarf clefable
  • Physical carracosta
  • Silvally electric

Tweaks
  • Reworked Maranga Zapdos EVs
  • Reworked Choice Specs Sylveon moveset
  • Reworked Liechi Zarude
  • Reworked Weakness Policy Zarude
  • Reworked AV Blissey moves
  • Reworked all Aromatisse sets
  • Reworked Choice Scarf Cresselia
  • Reworked AV Glastrier
  • Reworked Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid moveset
  • Reworked AV Zeraora EVs
  • Reworked Choice Specs Primarina
  • Reworked all Regice sets
  • Fixed Quagsire EVs (Now it doesn’t have 260 Defense EVs lol)
  • Reworked Life Orb Necrozma moveset
  • Reworked Weakness Policy Tapu Fini moveset
  • Reworked SubSeed Rillaboom EVs
  • Renamed Sitrus Kommo-o
  • Renamed Charge Offense Tapu Koko
  • Reworked Gastrodon Item
  • Reworked Weakness Policy Aegislash moveset
  • Reworked Choice Band Aggron moveset
  • Reworked AV Arcanine moveset
  • Reworked Archeops movesets
  • Reworked Avalugg moveset
  • Reworked Shell Smash Crustle moveset
  • Reworked AV Entei moveset
  • Reworked specs pz moveset
  • Reworked wacan primarina slashes
  • Reworked custap pz
  • Reworked raikou slashes
  • Reworked band steelix slashes
  • Reworked scarf urshifu slashes
  • Added haze as a sitrus volcanion slash
  • Reworked scarf dracovish slashes
  • Reworked gardevoir slashes
  • Reworked heatran slashes
  • Reworked landorus slashes
  • Clef got leftovers
  • Black sludge stall pex
  • Reworked Bndrapid slashes
  • Haban kommo-o has rest
  • Specs nihilego slashes

fake tom numbers

formerly Tom1535
Submitting another set
Zarude @ Assault Vest
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 176 Atk / 152 SpD / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower/Close Combat
- Power Whip
- Iron Tail
- Darkest Lariat
Evs: This set looks simple, and you're right. 180 speed evs and jolly to outspeed lati twins (more importantly the 95 spe mons like darm g). Tanks stuff like porygon z hyper beam and tanks specs fini as well. Rest is dumped into attack. (There's a bunch more matchups it can win but I'm too lazy)
Calcs:252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 152 SpD Assault Vest Zarude: 300-354(85.4-100.8%)-6.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 152 SpD Assault Vest Zarude: 224-266 (63.8 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
176 Atk Zarude Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Fini: 308-366 (109.6 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
92+ SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 152 SpD Assault Vest Zarude: 300-354 (85.4 - 100.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Forgot to mention last time but discord is Tom1535#3617
(Also the wp set has 200 hp evs but barely an explanation of what it does so you can use that)

Last edited:
For SM 1v1:
089_1.png

Muk-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability:
Poison Touch
EVs: 200 HP / 220 Atk / 84 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Shadow Sneak
- Gunk Shot
- Taunt

EVs:
200 HP allows Muk to live 4 Seismic Tosses from the likes of Mew, Clefable, Chansey and Registeel (Granted the latter two don't run Counter). Combined with 84 SpD and Muk can live everything up to a 252+ Hyper Beam from scarfed Porygon-Z. 4 Spe is for speed-creeping niche base 50's like Chansey, Registeel and Azumarill. The rest is poured into Atk with an Adamant nature to deal as much damage as possible with a powerful Black Hole Eclipse or Gunk Shot.

This set sets itself apart from the Recycle sets (https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/muk-alola/1v1/) by relying less on stall and being more offensive. It is still able to beat key threats Mew, Metagross-Mega and Slowbro-Mega, plus the Pokemon on the VR listed here:

S- Rank
Mew (except Z-transform w/ Will-O)

A+ Rank
Gardevoir-Mega
Greninja
Metagross-Mega (about 75% of used sets)
Porygon-Z (non Z-move sets)
Tapu Lele

A Rank
Meloetta
Slowbro-Mega
Victini (special sets only)

A- Rank
Aegislash
Primarina
Serperior
Tapu Fini

B+ Rank
Altaria-Mega
Clefable
Genesect (non-bulky and non-physical sets)
Naganadel
Porygon2
Togekiss (granted you're not flinched to death)

B Rank
Hoopa-Unbound
jirachi.png
Jirachi (gotta get lucky with flinches...)
:magneton: Magneton
Necrozma
registeel.png
Registeel (w/o Counter)
Tapu Bulu
Volcarona
Whimsicott

B+ Rank
audino-mega.png
Audino-Mega
Deoxys-S
Haxorus (scarfed only)
Jumpluff (make sure Muk has had some good rest the night before)
Latias-Mega
Nihilego
Zapdos (without charge + electrium-Z) (bit of a grey matchup)

Here are some key matchups worth discussing, and how to win them:

• Mew: You can 100% win vs most Mew sets by using Z-Taunt on turn 1. Against Kee Mew, Z-Taunt ignores Mew's Taunt, which denies Mew its recovery and seals its fate. Even if Mew Will-O's turn 1, the attack raise from Z-Taunt will allow you to KO Mew with 3 Crunches before it is able to Recover again. The Mewnium Z set is walled and dies to Crunch into Shadow Sneak. Against Transform Mew, you have a +1 Atk boost by the time Mew has transformed, giving you the advantage in the mirror. However, Transform Mew with Will-O-Wisp wins by using Will-O turn 1 and then Z-Transform (Which ignores the Taunt).
  • Metagross-Mega: Muk will usually win against Metagross, but it entirely depends on its set. Muk's Black Hole Eclipse has a 53.6% chance of OHKO'ing a Max HP Metagross, but most physdef spreads are capable of living even that + Shadow Sneak. Muk can almost always tank Meteor Mash into Bullet Punch from less Atk invested Metagross spreads, but cannot survive more offensive sets, or sets running EQ + BP. Muk also has to worry about Substitute sets, a mind game where Muk cannot use its Z-move if Metagross uses Substitute on turn 1.
  • Slowbro-Mega: Against Slowbro, Muk rips its Black Hole Eclipse Turn 1. If Slowbro chooses to Mega evolve, it is Taunted the next turn and dies. If it chooses to stay in regular form to avoid Taunts, it takes 80% minimum from the Black Hole Eclipse, and if it chooses to spam Slack Off, it will eventually get poisoned by Poison Touch and/or defense lowered by Crunch (44% chance for either/both to happen). In short, it is very unlikely for Slowbro to win.
  • Clefable: Clefable is tricky, because it is faster and sets up a Z-Reflect, meaning Gunk Shot does a minimum of 30%. Clefable can also avoid a Taunt with a well-predicted Magic Coat. And with Gunk Shot having 8 PP and 80% accuracy, Clefable can end up walling Muk in a worst-case scenario. The key to winning this matchup is to first use Crunch/Gunk Shot to fish for defense drops/poisons, then using Taunt on the correct turn to prevent Clefable from setting up another Reflect before the first runs out. If you are lucky, hax alone may be able to overwhelm Clefable to the point where it must make careful predictions. Also, Clefable only has a 35% to 4HKO with Moonblast (and Seismic Toss is a guaranteed 5HKO), so you don't have to worry about Clefable killing you before you kill it. TL;DR Muk beats Clefable, but not very reliably

My Discord: xdes#2033

2022-02-07: Added Mega-Altaria and removed Manaphy from list of what Muk-Alola beats.

Last edited:
GM Everyone 3.8 is out.
https://pokepast.es/60bcc851ace973d8

Additions
  • Banded Celesteela
  • Bulky scarf g-darm
  • Bulky band g-darm
  • Counter togekiss
  • WP Zeraora
  • Helmet Porygon-Z
  • Chople Porygon-Z
  • Scarf Tapu Lele
  • Custap Volcanion
  • Sub Disable Bulu
  • AV Zap-g
  • Pressure Stall Zapdos
  • Choice Band Arcanine
  • Specs Pheromosa
  • AV Suicune
  • Bulky CM Lando-i
  • Encore Blacephalon
  • LO Blastoise
  • Wacan Blastoise
  • LO Gengar
  • Specs Gengar
  • CB Azumarill
  • Roseli Kyurem
  • WP Zen g-darm

Removals
  • AV fini
  • Skill swap tapu lele
  • LO Thundurus T
  • Scizor

Tweaks
  • Standardized names ->
    • SpD, Def, Anti-
  • Specs celesteela EVs
  • Av metagross EVs
  • Scarf metagross EVs
  • Hex Dragapult EVs
  • Psychic Seed Lele EVs
  • Bulky Chople Urshifu EVs
  • Added Superpower to LO Landorus
  • Reworked all Primarina EVs
  • Added Mystical Fire to Specs Volcarona
  • Custap Zap-g EVs
  • Reworked WP Zap-g from scratch
  • LO Rilla EVs
  • Maranga Zapdos Slashes
  • LO Zapdos Slashes
  • Counter Goodra EVs
  • Aegislash EVs + some slashes added
  • Added charge beam to AV Blissey for a better togekiss mu
  • Occa Buzzwole now refuses to die (added bulk)
  • Reworked specs lando-i EVs
  • Reworked LO Ninetales EVs
  • Removed toxic from fast stall regice
  • Reworked torrent swampert EVs for urshifu
  • Custap Sylveon EVs
  • Yawn Sylveon EVs
  • LO Aegislash EVs
  • Renamed Carracosta

gm 1v1/gn necrozma. https://pokepast.es/c323a6ed594f5923
Additions:
- Chople Tyranitar
- AV Zarude
- Custap Urshifu
- Balloon Metagross
- Iron Defense Heatran
- AV Urshifu-Rapid
- WP Kyurem
- Encore/Disable Salazzle
- Band Krookodile
- WP Slowbro-Galar
- LO Porygon-Z
- LO Haxorus
- LO Garchomp
- AV Rillaboom
- Chargeless LO Tapu Koko
- Charge WP Tapu Koko
- Scarf Latios
- AV Krookodile
- WP Magnezone
- Lum Landorus-Therian
- WP Kyurem
- Eerie Impulse LO Zapdos
- Frail Custap Rhyperior
- Stall Rotom-Wash
- Specs Zapdos
- Scarf Zarude
- Kee Togekiss

Removals:
- Necrozma

Changelog:
- Changed Occa Whimsicott EVs
- Changed Offensive Scarf Metagross EVs
- Changed Stall Chansey ability to Natural Cure (very important)
- Changed AV Urshifu EVs
- Made Outrage the main slash on Band Zeraora
- Changed Balloon Heatran EVs.
- Changed LO Ninetales EVs
- Changed Breaking Swipe AV Regidrago EVs
- Changed Wacan Primarina EVs
- Changed Sitrus Primarina EVs
- Changed Stall Entei EVs
- Slashed Thunderbolt on Specs Nihilego
- Changed LO Ninetales-A EVs
- Changed Specs Magnezone EVs
- Changed SpD Helmet Aromatisse EVs
- Changed Stall Jellicent EVs and made Scald the main slash
- Slashed U-Turn on Band Dragapult
- Changed Leftovers Tapu Fini EVs
- Slashed Grass Knot on Specs Landorus
- Changed slashes on Sub Stall Corviknight
- Changed Custap Sylveon EVs
- Changed Yawn Sylveon EVs
- Changed Grassy Seed Tapu Bulu EVs
- Changed AV Rhyperior EVs
- Changed AV Landorus-Therian EVs
- Changed Chople Porygon-Z EVs
- Slashed Thunder on Scarf Rotom-Heat
- Changed Hex Spectrier EVs
- Changed Charge Tapu Koko EVs
- Slashed Snarl on Zarude
- Slashed Charge Beam on Zapdos
- Changed slashes on Ninetales-Alola
- Changed LO Aegislash EVs
- Changed WP Incineroar EVs
- Slashed Heavy Slam on Scarf Volcanion
- Added Lum Berry to Crustle again
- Fixed misc. typos
expect the ev document to be up-to-date within 1-2 days. massive thanks to fruan for helping out and guiding this project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)