Tournament 1v1 Spring Seasonal - Finals [Won by Chickenpie2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.

art from source
Welcome to the 1v1 Spring Seasonal!
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the US/UM 1v1 ladder on the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of five, double elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Replays are not required but I encourage posting them for the development of the metagame.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
The deadline for this week is June 19th, 8 PM EDT

Brackets generated here

Finals

LaBalladeDesCieux vs Chickenpie2

IMPORTANT: Because LaBalladeDesCieux is still in the Winner's bracket, Chickenpie2 has to win two series in a row, in order to win the tournament, while LaBalladeDesCieux only needs to win one series.

The deadline for this week is June 19th, 8 PM EDT

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2CP2 CP2 CP2 v LaBalladeDesCieux

LaBalladeDesCieux will win without dropping a single game
Nah but CP2 will probably win

But I always root for the underdog

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
ok im late to the party and cp2 is playing rn so uh

CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2 CP2

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Lost in 5 for set 2. Really enjoyed playing this ssnl, especially my last three series against cp2.
well deserved cp2, you are definitely one of the most consistent players of 1v1.
HUGE s/o for Lancer Fr, in teambuilding prep, tips, ect... I don’t know what I would have done without you.
Also, thank for arcade guys (Emeri, Dragonillis) for moral support. sorry 7shores c'était proche :(
See you on the next one.

Chickenpie2

red:active
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks everyone for the congratulations. It was a fun seasonal, hope everyone who participated had fun.
LaBalladeDesCieux je te respecte beaucoup, bien joue et bonne chance pour la futur. You have done incredibly well for some who I've barely heard of since before the seasonal, and I think you're a very strong player. Well done for coming this far, and as you said, the last 3 series against you was very close and intense.

It's been a great journey, and yet, it almost feels like nothing's changed.
Here's the team I used last year against Chaitanya for R1 of LT, the tour that I made my claim to fame i guess. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-800573511
And the one against Pazza for the seasonal R1 around the same time. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-802971400
basically just gone full circle, back to where I started.

I guess I've become a better player over time, but really it's nothing much. Just pressing buttons and winning.
anyway as i said in another post, i'm 'officially' retiring from tours. looking forward to see what the new generation will bring to the table, and to see what janky techs that 1v1 players will continue to abuse and love.

Also disclaimer, i take a long time to choose teams cos of indecisiveness but the waiting time during the actual battles? not me.
most of the time i press a mon and then expect something to start, and then i realise that they havent pressed either and then end up cancelling instead lol.
Thanks again everyone for the support and hype!
cp2 out :3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)