Tournament 1v1 Spring Seasonal - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.

art from source
Welcome to the 1v1 Spring Seasonal!
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the US/UM 1v1 ladder on the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of five, double elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Replays are not required but I encourage posting them for the development of the metagame.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
The deadline for extended games is April 22nd, 9 AM EDT

The deadline for this week is April 25th, 9 PM EDT

Brackets generated here

Round 4 (Loser's Bracket)

alive vs Arsenal Arceus
Quantum Tesseract vs I'm actually Cash
Clouds vs motogp
RuffletMuffler vs pazza
WhalemanCheng vs GeneralGunderson
SilvioGiovanna vs Huston
AllFourtyOne vs DenisTheMenace
Slave Of Passion vs Tom842

Brackets generated here

Round 4 (Winner's Bracket)

ima vs ryyjyywyy
Chickenpie2 vs Waylaid
Freddy Kyogre vs LaBalladeDesCieux
Cheese5555 vs Iron Crusher
Magma vs martha
The Mushy Potato vs XSTATIC COLD
Poison Adhesive vs Inkreativ
Hijasu vs SUSTENANCE_1

The deadline for extended games is April 22nd, 9 AM EDT

The deadline for this week is April 25th, 9 PM EDT

Last edited:
Predictions:
Losers Bracket:
alive vs (W of Arsenal and Staxi)- alive has made it real deep like 90 ish times by now, is Arsenal the one to stop him? I dont think so alive in 5 (if Arsenals defese is as bad as the irl Arsenal defence its alive in 3, if the defence works unlike irl its alive in 5 or Arsenal in 5 but lbh, his name is arsenal)
(W of Quantum Tessarect and Togli) vs Cash- A red hot Quantum Tessarect vs Cash, who has done well in PL if Im not wrong, I do suspect its QT in 5 tho (all that was a edit in)
Clouds vs motogp - afaik moto has been good at 1v1 dont think he is washed up yet, Clouds idrk much of so moto it is
RuffletMuffler vs pazza- dont bet against pazza, its not a good idea, especially when he plays someone who has waaaay too much focus on 2v2 rn
WhalemanCheng vs Me- idk, my 1v1 has been up and down, he has been doing good, but yet I feel I still have something in the bag... idk 50-50
SilvioGiovanna vs Huston- no comment.
AllFourtyOne vs DenisTheMenace- You dont beat VG Jungle in teching, he will bring at least one team with Kyurem and win, calling it now
(W of Slave of Passion vs Heaxys) vs Tom842- same as the other 2 with not done games as opponents. (Edit: Just came to fix the predicts but realised that this was already played now so)

Winners bracket:
ima vs ryyiyywyy- already done so nothing to predict here
Chickenpie2 vs Waylaid- unless Waylaid will go on a 48-60 hours without sleep run before he plays cp2, he wins considering the background of access to BaleBlaze help
Freddy Kyogre vs LaBalladeDesCieux- This is going to be a 5 game long series, I just dont know how this ends but my gut tells me Freddy
Cheese555 vs Ironc Rusher- I dont think Cheese stands a chance vs IC but then again both have won 2 games so far but IC to win
Magma vs martha - honestly, Im just picking Martha here because of North Europe of wcop of last autumn
yourim vs XSTATIC COLD- you dont win over XSC, god is god
Poison Adhesive vs Inkreativ- I dont remember when Inkreativ was good but I do know that Poison Adhesive can easily beat people with his tech and tricks, so 60-40
Hijasu vs SUSTENANCE_1- I honestly dont know which way I want to go here, both are good friends and p good players (at least better than me, even if Im not that good and a lot of players are better than me), Im going Hijasu because I have known him for longer, but its a 55-45 I feel

Last edited:

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
alive vs (W of Arsenal and Staxi)
(W of Quantum Tessarect and Togli) vs Cash-
Clouds vs motogp -
RuffletMuffler vs pazza- he used my teams
WhalemanCheng vs Gunderson uwu
SilvioGiovanna vs Huston-
AllFourtyOne vs DenisTheMenace- if I get overconfident I win, if I don’t I lose.
(W of Slave of Passion vs Heaxys) vs Tom842-

Winners bracket:
ima vs ryyiyywyy- already done so nothing to predict here
Chickenpie2 vs Waylaid- waylaid stalks me so I told cp2 to whoop him.
Freddy Kyogre vs LaBalladeDesCieux-
Cheese555 vs Ironc Rushe
Magma
vs martha -
yourim vs XSTATIC COLD-
Poison Adhesive vs Inkreativ- over
Hijasu vs SUSTENANCE_1- hijasu wont lose

Closest series I've been in, and it was honestly a lot of fun to play. Mad respect to Cp2 for being a chad and not being boring, and I honestly don't mind the loss, because it was worth it for those somewhat laidback mindgames. Big thanks to ryy and Cash for some of the teams, and at least 3 brofists to Cp2 for being a gracious and chill opponent. I didn't get the 5th game but it's cool, cuz I lost so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

G1: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-896978814

G2: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-896982312

G3: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-896983934

G4: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-896987489

G5: Waylaid: M-pinsir, prim, rhyperior. Cp2: ttar, serp, crobat.

T1: Waylaid: endure, Cp2: Z-reflect (I got read)

T2: endure again cuz I'm a big boi but it failed, Cp2: leaf storm

T3: Custap to rock wrecker, cp2 lived ez mode at like 78%, killed ya boi with leaf storm

Chickenpie2

red:active
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks Waylaid for posting the games on top of being a super chill and respectful opp who appreciates the use of unorthodox mons, mad respect for sussing out my avalanche aggron in g3. Honestly was very afraid of metal burst rhyp, that thing woulda rekt me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)